TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bushnell Pro XE Laser

Just replaced my 5 year old Nikon 40i laser with a Bushnell Pro XE. WOW...talk about instant distance display. Press the button and there it is. And the display is very clear and easy to read. The unit is a bit heavy, but that is because of the case manufacturing, along with the excellent bite-magnet. Highly Recommend.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

Awesome looking to upgrade my z6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 1" 44.5" NDMC Mid

4w: :callaway-small: Epic flash Oban Kiyoshi Gold tipped 2" 42.5" NDMC Mid

3-PW: :mizuno-small:  MP-18, 3i FLYhi MMC, 4-6i MMC, 7-PW MB, KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Wedges: :titelist-small:  SM7 49*F, 54*D, 59*M KBS C-taper Lite X-stiff NDMC Mid

Putter:  Lajosi Sensor Breakthrough Golf Tour Stability Shaft 34" SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

• 2 months later...

I just bought one and returned it after 1 round. It is a great laser. Clear view finder, great range, locks onto targets easy. However, there are a couple of reasons I took mine back. 

1) It's so heavy, the magnet won't always hold it to the cart frame. I hit a couple of pretty big bumps, and it fell off. Luckily, it fell on grass and didn't get damaged. 

2) If you don't live at sea level, and know your sea level club distances, the Elements feature is worthless. It measures distance, temperature, and altitude to give you a "plays like" distance. Unfortunately, this distance is what it plays like at sea level. I live at 6300', so I have no idea what my sea level distances are. So the Elements feature was pretty useless for me, and for that reason I returned it and ordered a Precision Pro R1. I'm hoping that since the R1 lets me enter my actual club/ball data, it will give me the proper compensated distance wherever I play.

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 8.5* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 65 (6.5)

Woods: Turner H-2 3W, 5W, 7W Aldila NV 65 Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: King F8 6i - PW Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60* Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :scotty-small: Futura 5W

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 Cart bag

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Tracker: :ShotScope: ShotScope V2 

8 minutes ago, scott80109 said:

I just bought one and returned it after 1 round. It is a great laser. Clear view finder, great range, locks onto targets easy. However, there are a couple of reasons I took mine back. 

1) It's so heavy, the magnet won't always hold it to the cart frame. I hit a couple of pretty big bumps, and it fell off. Luckily, it fell on grass and didn't get damaged. 

2) If you don't live at sea level, and know your sea level club distances, the Elements feature is worthless. It measures distance, temperature, and altitude to give you a "plays like" distance. Unfortunately, this distance is what it plays like at sea level. I live at 6300', so I have no idea what my sea level distances are. So the Elements feature was pretty useless for me, and for that reason I returned it and ordered a Precision Pro R1. I'm hoping that since the R1 lets me enter my actual club/ball data, it will give me the proper compensated distance wherever I play.

This feedback is accurate, I had the same issue with the magnet. It was my first range finder with a magnet, so I immediately put it back in the center console when riding in a cart and solved the problem. 

It took me 2 rounds to figure out sea level distances, I live at 3400 ft elevation. It was very simple when I shot a flag and it showed 0% slope with the "plays like" distance 5-10 yards less than the measured distance. I apply this to every reading and know that approach shots are being reduced by 5 yards and solved the issue. This also helps to calibrate when I go play in Florida and see there is little to no adjustment. It could be done on a flat driving range to correct for any elevation. 

I am interested to hear how the weather data works on the R1 since that is likely being pulled from weather apps and stations based at airports which could be different than where you are playing, especially in rural areas or the mountains. The internal battery and limited warranty excluded it from consideration for me. It is enough of a pain to remember to charge and pack my ShotScope. 

Very happy with mine overall. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 8/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, BMart519 said:

This feedback is accurate, I had the same issue with the magnet. It was my first range finder with a magnet, so I immediately put it back in the center console when riding in a cart and solved the problem. 

It took me 2 rounds to figure out sea level distances, I live at 3400 ft elevation. It was very simple when I shot a flag and it showed 0% slope with the "plays like" distance 5-10 yards less than the measured distance. I apply this to every reading and know that approach shots are being reduced by 5 yards and solved the issue. This also helps to calibrate when I go play in Florida and see there is little to no adjustment. It could be done on a flat driving range to correct for any elevation. 

I am interested to hear how the weather data works on the R1 since that is likely being pulled from weather apps and stations based at airports which could be different than where you are playing, especially in rural areas or the mountains. The internal battery and limited warranty excluded it from consideration for me. It is enough of a pain to remember to charge and pack my ShotScope. 

Very happy with mine overall. 

Good points. I believe the R1 app uses real-time weather data from your closest weather station. There are small weather stations everywhere. Most golf courses have several. You can take a look at https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap to see how many weather stations are around you. The closer you zoom in, the more pop up. I’m hopeful that it will be accurate. The rechargeable battery is my biggest concern, but I have a ton of battery packs, so I can keep a couple in my bag. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 8.5* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 65 (6.5)

Woods: Turner H-2 3W, 5W, 7W Aldila NV 65 Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: King F8 6i - PW Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60* Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :scotty-small: Futura 5W

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 Cart bag

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Tracker: :ShotScope: ShotScope V2 

Regarding the magnet problem, I've had mine for a couple of years and I found that I can rest mine on the steering wheel column with the bottom resting aginst the pocket directly in front of me.  It holds really well when it is resting in that position.  I will take a picture of how I do it and post here the next time I get out to play.  Hopefully tomorrow but we are having rain tonight and tomorrow morning.

Mine has developed a problem with me hitting the flag from 150+ when there are trees within 75 yards behind the green.  Bushnell has been no help as it is out of warranty.  I'm still trying to get some help and will report back if they offer any satisfaction on this problem.  They say it is out of warranty which I understand as it was out of warranty by 2 months, but I haven't been able to send it back in for repair at my expense, that is what I want to do, not buy a new rangefinder. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White