Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cobra King SZ Xtreme Driver Question

Royboyz

Hey I'm new to the forum and really happy to be joining with my first question!

I picked up a package set (hold your comments on this part for now..). I Got what's called the Cobra Speedzone-S set which is Driver, 3-wood, 4-hybrid, 5-PW  from GolfTown Canada. The weird part is the "Cobra King SZ Xtreme" driver that came with it has 2 differences I see right away:

1. There's no connect system in the handle

2 The driver head looks the same however there is no "infinity" symbol in the middle of the face just concentric circles like a normal face would look. (Pictures included showing the difference)

So I'm wondering why would there be a difference between this driver that's called the same thing and if purchased individually?

Which also begs the question are there any OTHER differences I should be aware of or did i get some cheap/junk version of this King SZ Xtreme driver?

Thanks for the help in advance! I'm beginner-intermediate so the set should be decent enough just unsure about this odd-ball driver because of those differences with it. 

Appreciate the help!

sz-wht-xtrm-driver-face-min.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

Edited by Royboyz

Do you have an unwrapped picture? Is there a serial number above the screw than connects the head and shaft adapter? I'm concerned about the white horizontal lines as well. Should be black. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

I mean it looks like a speedzone... 🤔

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Thanks for the reply! Here are a couple pictures of that area I don't see a serial number but maybe i'm not looking in the right spot. I peeled up the sticker and doesn't seem to be under there. Where else could the s/n be?

IMG_2541.jpeg

IMG_2542.jpeg

You are looking in the right spot. Not all cobra drivers are given serial numbers for some reason, so that by itself doesn't mean anything. But would have been nice to verify its authenticity with cobra. The lack of infinity on the face, white lines on the face, coupled with no SN worries me l. I am not an expert on that line of drivers, but it definitely looks different than every photo I can find, whether it be at cobragolf.com, MGS or other reviews sites, and also different than BNIP heads on ebay. 

You either have an extremely odd version, a specialty version made for the kit that there is no documentation for on the web, or a counterfeit, which seems odd considering where you sourced it from. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

It might be a set that you play at a golf resort, if you don’t bring your own clubs.

I played a whole set of Xr callaway back in the day .

In Maui .

I would not worry about it.  Call Cobra Monday.

Ping G 400 Max 10.5   
willwood irons 4 to pitching wedge Edisonwedges 49 53 57

taylormade big toe 60

Toulon design Las Vegas 

•  

I see from the Golftown website:

"Cobra’s Speedzone-S Complete Set utilizes the same game-changing technologies as the in-line Speedzone clubs"

So it makes me think that they are almost the same, but a slightly cheaper "set" version.  I mean after all, it a complete set (driver, 3 wood, 4 hybrid, 5-PW and a bag) all for CAD $1450 at regular price (that's about US $1200).  It's on sale now because that would be last years model.

But still, the price is less than what it should be for the entire set.  Figure iron set at full price is $1000.  Driver is $450, 3 wood is $280, bag is $100 (don't really know).

So really should be about $1850 or more if bought separately.

So basically I think your set is legit, could be exactly the same and just has a different style to it, or could be slightly different (made a little cheaper for the set).

I'm thinking the latter, based on the description I gave above.

But I'm certain it is legit.

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

Although the differences are fairly obvious, I wouldn't think you'd be getting counterfeit clubs from a store. They might be mis-runs that still passed QC and were built as a entry-price set. In the long run, if you like the feel, hit them well and they don't fall apart after 1 round, who cares!

10.5 Epic Flash

TM 3 Wood

Titleist 20* 5 Wood

Apex Pro Irons

58 TM and 60 Callaway degree wedges

Odyssey Sabertooth Putter

• 2 years later...