TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Q&A

I recently added Arccos to my clubs and I'm using an iPhone in my pocket.

First few rounds worked like a charm and picked up all of my shots, but lately it's been missing quite a few.

I only have about 8-10 rounds on these.

Do I need to clean the sensors? Re-pair everything? Other suggestions from those who may have had similar issues?

arccos.jpg.15045cdab78261787f7493e9a297ba7c.jpg

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I'll be interested in the replies. I'm on my second season with Arccos. I don't use the putter sensor at all; since I'm going to manually move that every time, it doesn't save me anything to have those tagged automatically. The only shots I've come to expect Arccos to miss are those in which I hit a terrible shot that doesn't travel very far (bad chip, topped 3w); the next shot is too close to the previous shot, and Arccos doesn't record it. That doesn't do wonders for my mental state: I'm already frustrated by the bad shot, and then I'm annoyed at my gadget for making me add the second shot 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

It can be worth trying to repair some of the trouble clubs. I did tend to wipe the top of the sensor before taking the shot because they can get pretty dirty sitting at the bottom of your bag. I used mine for a few seasons, but had to get about 12 new ones sent out over the years. Which considering how many rounds I logged and how often I played wasn't that bad. I would first try repairing and if you are still having issues contact them, they usually respond within a day and can advice you on the best course of action. It is odd that it would work for some rounds and be off for the last number of rounds. Regardless hope it gets sorted for you soon!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The arccos sensor are photosensitive so yeah you might want to clean the specific club in question if it misses a lot of shot. Also playing very fast seems to be missing some shot for me... ( take club out of bag, then hit the ball under 10-15 second seems to be problematic especially if I tend to leave the sensor close to my body or when I play in darker condition)

Also my longer club hybrid, 5 wood, driver with screw in sensor seems to get a little more dirty than my ping g425 with sensor in the grip. 0 trouble on my wedge so far.

I had that trouble maybe once every 2 game where I have one missed shot. Last game it missed my 7 iron 2nd shot so my drive was 379 yards... added a putt on my score to reflect the missed shot but it does mess around a bit with my driving numbers.

As for the putter I have to adjust then manually to make sure they are accurate. If, I play alone, I pretty much always have the right amount of putt, when playing and waiting on other people to put, moving around sometimes record me some random shot.

Just like searching bushes with a club to find someone else ball will generally record you a shot. When they need help, just say: I can't I have arccos sensor!

I have 356 rounds recorded on Arccos, all with the screw in sensors. For the most part I don’t have any problems with irons and woods.  It misses putts all the time, notably second or (gasp) third putts.  The algorithm sometimes attributes a second putt when there has been only one.  Everything has been better since I started using the Link Much much better 

When something goes haywire you may as well do a full reboot..  ie, unpair and repair sensors. 

yes, you do need to keep the sensors clean.  Sometimes a battery goes bad, and they are pretty good about replacing them.  They also work better in full sun - not so much in the shade

i find that wind can be problematic because it is background noise that prevents your phone from hearing the sensor.  That’s also why rain pants can be a killer and the link makes things so much better 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

20 rounds with mine here.  It rarely misses a shot or a putt for me.  iphone 7+ front left pocket.  I recently unpaired a few and changed clubs and repaired and had no issues with that either.  They need oxygen, UV light, and to be upright to be turned on.  So if you don't want it on for a range session, for example, 2 layers of masking tape does the trick.  I keep a bit stuck to my bag and when I want to try a shot or something "off the record", or I'm hitting range balls warming up I stick that to the sensor.  To the OP, some people that have had weird problems have deleted and then reinstalled the app with a noticeable improvement.  I guess if you stored your clubs upright in the sun, they would die pretty quickly as they would be always on.  Maybe try pants or shorts that are thinner and see if it makes a difference.

One thing I have always wondered is if people put their phone in their pocket differently.  I have mine left side, screen towards my leg, microphones and charging jack up.  So the most toward the open part of my pocket.  If people put it microphone down... I bet that could make a huge difference in "hearing" the sound they make to tell your phone you hit a shot.  I just cannot figure out another reason for some people having a terrible experience and others, including me, having it work nearly flawlessly.

I had one that wouldn’t pair back up, I blew into the little holes (good old Nintendo cartridge trick) and worked fine. I have had  allot (like allot allot) less issues since switching to an iPhone. Now my only missed/miscounted are putts, and the occasional fat chip into really soft grass. I would just blow on them, or use canned air for keyboards, and repair them or run sensor diagnostics real quick.

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

I have been using for 3+ seasons now with very few issues. One sensor stopped working and they replaced it free of charge after emailing them. I do use the putter sensor and have the link adapter. I did not like using my phone (could not play tunes 🙂 while using system) and the link works very well and easy to mark flag. It has helped my game with better knowledge of actual club distances.

Love the game. Play as often as possible. Always trying to learn more and improve. 

4 minutes ago, LcollinsUSF said:

I have been using for 3+ seasons now with very few issues. One sensor stopped working and they replaced it free of charge after emailing them. I do use the putter sensor and have the link adapter. I did not like using my phone (could not play tunes 🙂 while using system) and the link works very well and easy to mark flag. It has helped my game with better knowledge of actual club distances.

How do you mark the flag when not using a smartphone?

6 minutes ago, Clayton said:

How do you mark the flag when not using a smartphone?

If you have the Link, you simply stand at the hole and press the button on the link.  It records your location and then syncs it to your phone.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

1 minute ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

If you have the Link, you simply stand at the hole and press the button on the link.  It records your location and then syncs it to your phone.

So easy!  I think on the latest update they tried to do something like that on the app and phone but it doesn't work for me.  Next update I guess.  

Clean the sensors with air and then, rather than re-pairing the clubs, go into the sensor diagnostics under the settings menu and verify each sensor is still working.  

You should also try cleaning the microphone on your phone if you haven't done so in a while (damp microfiber works best).  Pocket lint or other junk that builds up on the case can muffle the microphone and prevent it from hearing the tone from the arccos sensor.  

Making sure that your phone is facing microphone up in your lead pocket should be your first port of call in my opinion. And if that fails, try cleaning the microphone port on your phone. And re-pairing the sensors will not do any harm but has seldom been the fix in my 80+ rebounds with Arccos.

If you’re still having problems an external mic is a cheap way to try to alleviate missed shots. Just a short lightning lapel clip mic clipped to your pocket/belt loop. I’ve not tried this.

And finally, Arccos support are fantastic. Drop them an email at starter@arccosgolf.com and they are quick to reply.

Best of luck. I love Arccos!

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

I have about 10 rounds in now with my Arccos. I have the Caddie Link clipped to my outside front (left) pocket. Kinda of getting annoyed as it constantly misses over 10 shots per round. It’s not the same club it misses either. Very random. Taking a couple practice swings before hitting seemed to help slightly. I guess to give a little time for the sensor to activate and connect to the link. 

It’s a bit of a distraction for me since I use the app to check hole layout and distance to hazards that are not visible to use a rangefinder. So of course if I see it missed a shot then try to add it so I get close to the right distance. Hard to add everything at the end since I don’t remember all distances of the missed shots.

More now trying to go back to paper scorecard to keep score and stats and manually correct things after. Really would love it if Arccos did like Golfshot  does and link to your GHIN so you can post hole by hole scores directly through the app.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

I've tried Arccos twice, once with Cobra and with Ping. I found this system to be a complete waste of time and money. Where I fit I tell  my customers not to waste their money.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

51 minutes ago, HDTVMAN said:

I've tried Arccos twice, once with Cobra and with Ping. I found this system to be a complete waste of time and money. Where I fit I tell  my customers not to waste their money.

Care to explain why you think it’s a complete waste of money?

If you don’t have a Link you can also set the flag position by using Siri.

Gary Lesniewski

:ping-small: G410 Plus 10.5 Driver Regular Flex

:ping-small: G410 5 & 7 Fairways Senior Flex

:ping-small: G410 5 & 6 Hybrids Regular Flex

:ping-small: G410 6-UW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 55 & 60 Wedges

:ping-small: 2021 Fetch Putter

Have used Arccos for about 15 rounds so far. Have had some recent issues with missed shots but add them after my round. Will definitely clean my sensors and microphone on my phone to see if that helps with missed shots.Only thing i don't like is the putter sensor counting my putts off the green which inflates my putting total per round. Have to figure out a way to still count the stroke but not as a putt. Other than that I like the stats Arccos records as it has been a help for improvement areas and also gapping of each club. 

Golfnut

2 hours ago, GolfNut14 said:

Have used Arccos for about 15 rounds so far. Have had some recent issues with missed shots but add them after my round. Will definitely clean my sensors and microphone on my phone to see if that helps with missed shots.Only thing i don't like is the putter sensor counting my putts off the green which inflates my putting total per round. Have to figure out a way to still count the stroke but not as a putt. Other than that I like the stats Arccos records as it has been a help for improvement areas and also gapping of each club. 

You go into the putts after the hole and set the one from off the green as a chip.  Looks like this.

IMG_9820.PNG

16 hours ago, jlukes said:

Care to explain why you think it’s a complete waste of money?

I have also tried it twice.  Not for me.  I will not carry a phone in my pocket and it missed too many shots when paired with my Apple Watch.  e.g. if I shot a 93, Arccos would say 57.  That's WAY WAY too many shots to edit.  I thought the caddie feature was pretty cool though.

Perhaps it works better with the new Link.  But its an expensive proposition if it does not.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

10 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I have also tried it twice.  Not for me.  I will not carry a phone in my pocket and it missed too many shots when paired with my Apple Watch.  e.g. if I shot a 93, Arccos would say 57.  That's WAY WAY too many shots to edit.  I thought the caddie feature was pretty cool though.

Perhaps it works better with the new Link.  But its an expensive proposition if it does not.

I agree about the phone in the pocket - but it has worked with minimal editing (and almost no shots missed) with my apple watch and Link.  

I've only posted about 4 rounds so far, but have question. I use my 7 iron to pitch out of the woods, 2-3 times a round. Do those go into my average of how far I hit my 7 iron?

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max

3 Wood: Ping G410 15*

5 Wood: Ping G425 19*

4-6 Irons: Titleist T300

7-PW: Titleist T200

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0, 50* 56* and 60*

Putter: TaylorMade Spyder

43 minutes ago, Ezmoney5150 said:

I've only posted about 4 rounds so far, but have question. I use my 7 iron to pitch out of the woods, 2-3 times a round. Do those go into my average of how far I hit my 7 iron?

No, it won't. I would have to go back and triple check. However it will recognize and chip vs full shot. The other option is when reviewing the round to label the shot as a chip and therefore not a full shot which is counted towards your distance numbers. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Ezmoney5150 said:

You can actually see when you look at the shots for that club which ones it uses to calculate the average (green) and which ones it excludes (red, it assumes chip or chunk).

605565242_ScreenShot2021-06-23at12_17_08PM.png.e3b2cd43e26fe3b5c7e0c318ea5c8e1d.png

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS