Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Open Championship 2021

Shankster

Is it just me or doesn't the Open seem like the perfect book end to "Major" season? 

April with the Azaleas and end golf "Major" season with the OPEN? Seems very fitting and balanced to me. I think I like the new schedule more and more I think about it. 

Especially with Brooks/Spieth coming home with the win...  

:callaway-small: Rogue LS 9° Driver, X stiff KuroKage
:ping-small: G410 17° & 19° hybrid, X stiff
:mizuno-small:  JPX-921 Tours 4 iron thru PW, Modus 105 X stiff
:mizuno-small:  S18 50°, 56° & 60°
 :bettinardi-1: Single Stock #3 34.5" putter

2019 MSG Forum Tester- Bridgestone e12

2021 Callaway Epic Max LS Driver Test

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Ok Jordan.  We see you.

Hit the ball really well today, driver especially

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 7/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, DannyDips said:

Is it just me or doesn't the Open seem like the perfect book end to "Major" season?  

"Winner of the gold medal, and champion golfer of the year....."

It's not just you. The PGA moving to May has set the world back on its axis. Delightful!!!

On 7/13/2021 at 4:20 PM, DannyDips said:

April with the Azaleas and end golf "Major" season with the OPEN? Seems very fitting and balanced to me. I think I like the new schedule more and more I think about it. 

Especially with Brooks/Spieth coming home with the win...  

Absolutely agree. From March through September each month has at least one compelling great tournament to watch, from the Players, the four majors, the Fedex, to the Ryder Cup or President's Cup (granted that the President's Cup usually isn't as compelling).

19 minutes ago, LICC said:

Absolutely agree. From March through September each month has at least one compelling great tournament to watch, from the Players, the four majors, the Fedex, to the Ryder Cup or President's Cup (granted that the President's Cup usually isn't as compelling).

I could pass on the FedEx, but the rest I 100% agree with.  I like to see 1 or 2 more WGC, that isn’t in the US to take the spot of the FedEx playoffs.  

Anyone have their thoughts on the staff bags this weekend? Personally I love TM's... simple classic and to me very much represents the Open golf with its aesthetics and simplicity. Then there is Callaways, bright bold colorful and very unique but for me doesn't suite the event. I maybe should look at some more closeups, but to me it screams the loud pants golf company and looks a bit out of place. Again I need to look at close up and maybe there is a story there, but night and day stylistic choices and at least for me a clear winner in TM's

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone have their thoughts on the staff bags this weekend? Personally I love TM's... simple classic and to me very much represents the Open golf with its aesthetics and simplicity. Then there is Callaways, bright bold colorful and very unique but for me doesn't suite the event. I maybe should look at some more closeups, but to me it screams the loud pants golf company and looks a bit out of place. Again I need to look at close up and maybe there is a story there, but night and day stylistic choices and at least for me a clear winner in TM's

As a guy that doesn’t really like black.  Seeing some hints of Brown is a welcome sight.  I wish the brands would offer more monochromatic colors like brown and mustard yellow, I like the classic looks 100%.  It wouldn’t sell very well, but I’d buy it.

TM wins for me.  Surprised that PING isn’t jumping on the bag-wagon.  They could make some cool stuff.

27 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I could pass on the FedEx, but the rest I 100% agree with.  I like to see 1 or 2 more WGC, that isn’t in the US to take the spot of the FedEx playoffs.  

Why? The Fedex playoffs are all top fields with the best players on usually really good courses (sans East Lake, which is decent enough). 

I do agree that moving at least one of the WGCs to an international course would be fun. I'm glad the St. Jude left Firestone (boring course to watch), maybe that one or the Workday can find an international location. But it would have to be someplace in a time zone that works for the US market to watch.

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

Why? The Fedex playoffs are all top fields with the best players on usually really good courses (sans East Lake, which is decent enough). 

I do agree that moving at least one of the WGCs to an international course would be fun. I'm glad the St. Jude left Firestone (boring course to watch), maybe that one or the Workday can find an international location. But it would have to be someplace in a time zone that works for the US market to watch.

I just find it boring, and it doesn’t make sense how they restart the points thing.  That is pretty odd.  I’d be made if I started out behind the leader by several strokes without even hitting a ball.

Plus, I personally think East Lake is extremely bland, as are a lot of the courses that they play.  

41 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Like South Africa, and Australia.  Those would be great.

The Australian Open should have been a WGC years ago. Incredible organically developed history and tradition. World class golf courses. The strength of field year in and year out is among the best in the game worldwide. What's not to love about it? National Open's carry a natural weight to them. They matter to an entire nation. Those that don't rise to the level of a major should be the natural selection for WGC's.

Majors
Masters
PGA Championship
US Open
Open Championship

WGC's
Australian Open
Irish Open
Scottish Open
South African, Canadian or French Open

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

The Australian Open should have been a WGC years ago. Incredible organically developed history and tradition. World class golf courses. The strength of field year in and year out is among the best in the game worldwide. What's not to love about it? National Open's carry a natural weight to them. They matter to an entire nation. Those that don't rise to the level of a major should be the natural selection for WGC's.

Majors
Masters
PGA Championship
US Open
Open Championship

WGC's
Australian Open
Irish Open
Scottish Open
South African, Canadian or French Open

I think one goal of the WGC is to get top players to events that otherwise wouldn't get them.

Meanwhile back at the Open we have had a interesting day 1 so far. Gotta love that Louis is leading after round one and the story of can he hold on will start with Spieth again showing great golf today. I didn't watch as much as I wanted so far, but I did find the course to be pretty interesting with some wild shapes and true rub of the green kicks... makes me more excited for how the next few days will play out and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

and true rub of the green kicks... makes me more excited for how the next few days will play out and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

I read an article about some players complaining about the course and the bounces. That's how you know the course is going to be fun.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I read an article about some players complaining about the course and the bounces. That's how you know the course is going to be fun.

They’re Professionals and need to suck it up.  Course is “old school” golf, I personally love it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

I think Phil just scratched out and re-wrote his goals for the event.  At this point, making the cut will feel like a T10... what a miserable opening round 😦.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Zalatoris withdraws super infortunate.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Great showing by Finau... I know at least a couple people who are rooting for him 👍.  Will today be the reverse of yesterday, with the afternoon players scoring average much lower?  Is it inappropriate for me not to root for "Man Bun"?  Come on Marcel, let it hang, tuck it under a cap if you must, but celebrate that mane! 

Bummer about Zalatoris. Way too young to be having back pains.  Anyone know if this has been an issue for him in the past? Watching a number of players take violent hacks out of the rough yesterday left me wondering who might end up injured by the end of the event.  Rory took what looked like a pitch fork full of hay on one escape... stuff is crazy thick.

Two of my FTx crew blew up; Reed and Glover.  With Webb in tomorrow, here's hoping at least 3 of my afternoon round players can survive and make the weekend.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great showing by Finau... I know at least a couple people who are rooting for him 👍.  Will today be the reverse of yesterday, with the afternoon players scoring average much lower?  Is it inappropriate for me not to root for "Man Bun"?  Come on Marcel, let it hang, tuck it under a cap if you must, but celebrate that mane! 

Bummer about Zalatoris. Way too young to be having back pains.  Anyone know if this has been an issue for him in the past? Watching a number of players take violent hacks out of the rough yesterday left me wondering who might end up injured by the end of the event.  Rory took what looked like a pitch fork full of hay on one escape... stuff is crazy thick.

Two of my FTx crew blew up; Reed and Glover.  With Webb in tomorrow, here's hoping at least 3 of my afternoon round players can survive and make the weekend.

Ya morikowa making me look like an idiot right now

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

Yup.  Picking winning line-up's in PGA events is about as fickle as FedEx shipments 🤣.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Man Marcel is just awesome to watch. In a game that I think needs some more fist pumps he is fantastic. Funny to see no hat!

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

make that x2 lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Zalatoris withdraws super infortunate.

I saw the swing where he hurt himself… he didn’t look comfortable immediately afterwards.  Hit down on it in the fescue.  

He’s a young buck so he should bounce back quickly, but it is too bad.  He’s a fun kid to watch.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Man Marcel is just awesome to watch. In a game that I think needs some more fist pumps he is fantastic. Funny to see no hat!

make that x2 lol

That bun is so distracting.  The ex military part of me wants to clip it 😆.

Haircut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That bun is so distracting.  The ex military part of me wants to clip it 😆.

Haircut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

"as long as it doesnt touch the uniform" per German Military requirements lol!

But yes I recently got away from the high and tight but around the ears and neck is skin for me!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

DJ using a SIM, Not a SIM2 Today. Not sure if that’s what he’s been using this year or not. I know he’s jumped between standard and Max models before too. 

B1A4DA3E-BFD8-47C7-BEEF-07E91DEBE4B9.jpeg.08afc00b850fc171eb61e9be8a1f4fe7.jpeg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8