The Open Championship 2021

7 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Fully on-board with this!!!

Like South Africa, and Australia.  Those would be great.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I could pass on the FedEx, but the rest I 100% agree with.  I like to see 1 or 2 more WGC, that isn’t in the US to take the spot of the FedEx playoffs.  

Why? The Fedex playoffs are all top fields with the best players on usually really good courses (sans East Lake, which is decent enough). 

I do agree that moving at least one of the WGCs to an international course would be fun. I'm glad the St. Jude left Firestone (boring course to watch), maybe that one or the Workday can find an international location. But it would have to be someplace in a time zone that works for the US market to watch.

3 minutes ago, LICC said:

Why? The Fedex playoffs are all top fields with the best players on usually really good courses (sans East Lake, which is decent enough). 

I do agree that moving at least one of the WGCs to an international course would be fun. I'm glad the St. Jude left Firestone (boring course to watch), maybe that one or the Workday can find an international location. But it would have to be someplace in a time zone that works for the US market to watch.

I just find it boring, and it doesn’t make sense how they restart the points thing.  That is pretty odd.  I’d be made if I started out behind the leader by several strokes without even hitting a ball.

Plus, I personally think East Lake is extremely bland, as are a lot of the courses that they play.  

41 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Like South Africa, and Australia.  Those would be great.

The Australian Open should have been a WGC years ago. Incredible organically developed history and tradition. World class golf courses. The strength of field year in and year out is among the best in the game worldwide. What's not to love about it? National Open's carry a natural weight to them. They matter to an entire nation. Those that don't rise to the level of a major should be the natural selection for WGC's.

Majors
Masters
PGA Championship
US Open
Open Championship

WGC's
Australian Open
Irish Open
Scottish Open
South African, Canadian or French Open

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

The Australian Open should have been a WGC years ago. Incredible organically developed history and tradition. World class golf courses. The strength of field year in and year out is among the best in the game worldwide. What's not to love about it? National Open's carry a natural weight to them. They matter to an entire nation. Those that don't rise to the level of a major should be the natural selection for WGC's.

Majors
Masters
PGA Championship
US Open
Open Championship

WGC's
Australian Open
Irish Open
Scottish Open
South African, Canadian or French Open

I think one goal of the WGC is to get top players to events that otherwise wouldn't get them.

Meanwhile back at the Open we have had a interesting day 1 so far. Gotta love that Louis is leading after round one and the story of can he hold on will start with Spieth again showing great golf today. I didn't watch as much as I wanted so far, but I did find the course to be pretty interesting with some wild shapes and true rub of the green kicks... makes me more excited for how the next few days will play out and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

and true rub of the green kicks... makes me more excited for how the next few days will play out and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

I read an article about some players complaining about the course and the bounces. That's how you know the course is going to be fun.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I read an article about some players complaining about the course and the bounces. That's how you know the course is going to be fun.

They’re Professionals and need to suck it up.  Course is “old school” golf, I personally love it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

and the real threat of some big names to potentially miss the cut!

I think Phil just scratched out and re-wrote his goals for the event.  At this point, making the cut will feel like a T10... what a miserable opening round 😦.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Zalatoris withdraws super infortunate.

• Sad 3

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Great showing by Finau... I know at least a couple people who are rooting for him 👍.  Will today be the reverse of yesterday, with the afternoon players scoring average much lower?  Is it inappropriate for me not to root for "Man Bun"?  Come on Marcel, let it hang, tuck it under a cap if you must, but celebrate that mane! 

Bummer about Zalatoris. Way too young to be having back pains.  Anyone know if this has been an issue for him in the past? Watching a number of players take violent hacks out of the rough yesterday left me wondering who might end up injured by the end of the event.  Rory took what looked like a pitch fork full of hay on one escape... stuff is crazy thick.

Two of my FTx crew blew up; Reed and Glover.  With Webb in tomorrow, here's hoping at least 3 of my afternoon round players can survive and make the weekend.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great showing by Finau... I know at least a couple people who are rooting for him 👍.  Will today be the reverse of yesterday, with the afternoon players scoring average much lower?  Is it inappropriate for me not to root for "Man Bun"?  Come on Marcel, let it hang, tuck it under a cap if you must, but celebrate that mane! 

Bummer about Zalatoris. Way too young to be having back pains.  Anyone know if this has been an issue for him in the past? Watching a number of players take violent hacks out of the rough yesterday left me wondering who might end up injured by the end of the event.  Rory took what looked like a pitch fork full of hay on one escape... stuff is crazy thick.

Two of my FTx crew blew up; Reed and Glover.  With Webb in tomorrow, here's hoping at least 3 of my afternoon round players can survive and make the weekend.

Ya morikowa making me look like an idiot right now

• Haha 2

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 6s 45")

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (Testing Ventus Velocore Blue 8s Hyb)

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F5 hybrid soft stepped

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (Winter ball :titelist-small: proV1 )

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

Yup.  Picking winning line-up's in PGA events is about as fickle as FedEx shipments 🤣.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Man Marcel is just awesome to watch. In a game that I think needs some more fist pumps he is fantastic. Funny to see no hat!

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

make that x2 lol

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Zalatoris withdraws super infortunate.

I saw the swing where he hurt himself… he didn’t look comfortable immediately afterwards.  Hit down on it in the fescue.  

He’s a young buck so he should bounce back quickly, but it is too bad.  He’s a fun kid to watch.

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Man Marcel is just awesome to watch. In a game that I think needs some more fist pumps he is fantastic. Funny to see no hat!

make that x2 lol

That bun is so distracting.  The ex military part of me wants to clip it 😆.

Haircut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That bun is so distracting.  The ex military part of me wants to clip it 😆.

Haircut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

"as long as it doesnt touch the uniform" per German Military requirements lol!

But yes I recently got away from the high and tight but around the ears and neck is skin for me!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

DJ using a SIM, Not a SIM2 Today. Not sure if that’s what he’s been using this year or not. I know he’s jumped between standard and Max models before too. 

B1A4DA3E-BFD8-47C7-BEEF-07E91DEBE4B9.jpeg.08afc00b850fc171eb61e9be8a1f4fe7.jpeg

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope