Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Why

Shankster

Every time when I get playing well, I mean every single time in the past few years.  The hosels creep in, ruin my game and I have to start from scratch over and over and over.  I have not changed a thing in my swing, purposely have not taken video, photos, or even practiced in a bad habit.

my guess is I’ll go from today’s average drive of 294 back down to something in the 240’s again.  Makes me want to take up basket weaving.

Things in our swing change.  The key is figuring out how to deal with heels and toes and make the swing functional.   This is how Adam Young teaches.....teach yourself to be able to hit the toe, hit the heel, and hit the center.   When you get on a streak of heel hits,  learn how to adapt to hit the toe. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Things in our swing change.  The key is figuring out how to deal with heels and toes and make the swing functional.   This is how Adam Young teaches.....teach yourself to be able to hit the toe, hit the heel, and hit the center.   When you get on a streak of heel hits,  learn how to adapt to hit the toe. 

I usually do a pretty good job, I mean I am not hitting the center 100% of the time, probably not even 60% of the time.  But, it has been a while since I’ve been anywhere near the heel.  It’s been all toe so far this year.  I’ll adjust, make due for a while.  Just so dang frustrating… especially since I leave for a 6 round vacation soon… have some nice courses lined up.  Seems like this happens every single time! 😔

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I usually do a pretty good job, I mean I am not hitting the center 100% of the time, probably not even 60% of the time.  But, it has been a while since I’ve been anywhere near the heel.  It’s been all toe so far this year.  I’ll adjust, make due for a while.  Just so dang frustrating… especially since I leave for a 6 round vacation soon… have some nice courses lined up.  Seems like this happens every single time! 😔

Same happened to me every July when I was working.  I had a professional society meeting and the Sunday before the meeting, the organizers always had a golf tournament.  I always played decent until two weeks before the meeting, when I started hitting hosel rockets.  The good news is once I got there, I was fine.  Hopefully, it's just the apprehension of the impending trip, and it will be gone when you get there.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Same happened to me every July when I was working.  I had a professional society meeting and the Sunday before the meeting, the organizers always had a golf tournament.  I always played decent until two weeks before the meeting, when I started hitting hosel rockets.  The good news is once I got there, I was fine.  Hopefully, it's just the apprehension of the impending trip, and it will be gone when you get there.  

Hope so Kenny… I’m playing the course where I took out someone’s sliding window… out with the bad energy, in with the good.. 😳

Because it’s golf - 

Wait until you get older - if I don’t consciously try to turn I can’t but if I think too much about it we’ll you know about thinking and swinging.

Aghhhhhh

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

Because it’s golf - 

Wait until you get older - if I don’t consciously try to turn I can’t but if I think too much about it we’ll you know about thinking and swinging.

Aghhhhhh

Worst combination we can do, think and swing.  I think… there I go thinking again… that is my problem.  I sucked at 100 and in so I thought I should practice a few wedges…. Tried a 52° wedge knocked down 75 yard shot… ( I never use this shot… ) first one was perfect, next one nearly took out my shed window which was 90° to me… 

looking back on my round now, I only had one really bad shot that was about 60’ away from the flagstick, but still on the green.  The rest were all inside my “normal” range.. 🤦🏼‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It’s just weird.  The clubs felt extra light, and foreign. I swear this happens every year around this same time.  Must be the summer solstice.

Super moon tomorrow night. Wait until you’re a chaplain.  Boy will you learn about those. This one is already kicking my butt. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

All I can offer is when I hit it on the hosel it generally tells me that I'm stretching out  so on the next hole I line up on the middle outside bump on the crown (Ping G410) and I connect in the middle again. I notice this is mostly dependent on weather, the warmer, the more out on the crown I have to line up, when it's colder or I'm getting tired, I go closer in on the crown. I find myself constantly adjusting based on the hole and temperature. 

Hope this helps a little.

Chris

Edited by LeftyHawk

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

9 hours ago, Shankster said:

Man.  I had a dream about this last night.  Woke up, set up to a ball, my shoulders were like 30° closed.  Went outside, square them up, found the middle.  🤷🏼‍♂️

You and Bryson with your dreams...

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Man.  I had a dream about this last night.  Woke up, set up to a ball, my shoulders were like 30° closed.  Went outside, square them up, found the middle.  🤷🏼‍♂️

I had a dream last night too...but mine was that I kept peeing and peeing and peeing....woke up and rushed to the bathroom.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug