TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are there any bags that are considered collectible?

Aside of course limited promotional bags like coca-cola, Dr. Pepper, etc, are there any bags that are considered to be rare or valuable?

Iconic iron sets galore. 4 Macgregor VIP sets, 5 Wilson staff sets, many ben hogan and walter hagens sets, vintage wedges, and some fancy face woods. I have around 1000 clubs and 50+ bags, that I bought for $100

• 2 months later...

I think there is a market for MacKenzie bags, specifically custom ones. I definitely want one eventually, they have made some really sweet custom ones. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I have a massive manufacturer's logo staff bag holding odd clubs and putters.

A real tour type model from an on course pro shop display..

My club's former head pro sold it to me for twenty bucks. [He should have just given it to me, when you think about it.]

It's worth less now.

Unless it was once carried by Jack, Arnie, or Tiger's caddy, who the hell wants those  heavy "buffalo vinyl"  monstrosities?

They don't even have all forward facing pockets for cart use.

That said, they do make decorative bags for odd clubs that are not part of any of your old sets.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

Stand bags, stuff bags and to an extend the sunday and car bags from scotty cameron. 

Swag has some staff bags I would put in the collectable category. 

Maybe some of the staff bags from the various OEMs during the majors 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

Depends on what world you live in---- In certain circles all vintage staff bags are collectable especially Green and White Macgregor. The main thing holding back a lot of collectors myself included is those things are heavy and cost a lot to ship. Another thing these days on practical use is most cars are smaller and have smaller trunks SUVs withstanding. I have a collection with some Ryder Cup bags thrown in. Now those older staff bags are heavy and well made with real metal zippers too. I am a bit old school since I ride and use the Motocaddy cart. I am back to my early 2000s Burton Mini Staff. I do not carry a whole plethra of stuff only like 8 balls or so tees, gloves and my range finder. The kids at the bag drop say my bag is a whole lot lighter than most cart bags. And being the old school self admitted crumudgen I am I can not stand 14 way bags. In fact my Burton and Titleist mini staffs came with 6 way dividers so I took the center section out of both. I prefer only a 3 way bag. 

In certain other circles original Ping Hoofers and L-8s are collectable and are quite durable. Older nylon Sun Mountain bags ( nylon with plastic molded dividers) are sought after. In fact when I used to travel ( when I was able) and rode with someone else in their car I would either switch to my Classic Jones or Classic Hoofer. The Jones is also a stock 3 way divider the Hoofer 4. 

I also like classic bags due to the value added in my mind in the fact they are well built and cheap at the thrifts and yard sales. Most people do not want them they want more modern frilly stuff which there is nothing wrong with that if it floats your boat. I think I gave $10 for the Burton and $5 for the Hoofer. The Jones I gave I think $20 for on the bay and the guy shipped it for free since he was up the road from me in NC. Last week I ran into an older gentleman who had a 30 year old Burton Budweiser logo bag. He worked as a beer salesman and said he got it at work 30 years ago and has used it ever since usually a 100 rounds or more a year. It had some wear but was in good shape. He does as I do lubes the metal zippers with  WD-40 from time to time as needed when they get a little stiff or sticky.

Like anything else collectable they go for what the market will bear and the rarity. Even before the pandemic shipping prices were high. Pre Covid I had a bud on another forum that wanted a orange Power Bilt Staff bag I had. I was going to sell to him cheap. Shipping costs from Coastal SC to somewhere in the Midwest was over $100. I ended up giving it to him free because he really wanted it and really I think I gave $10 for it at Goodwill. His work had an UPS account so he ran it through his work and sent me the prepaid shipping labels and I boxed it up and shipped to him. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/11/2021 at 2:07 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Stand bags, stuff bags and to an extend the sunday and car bags from scotty cameron. 

Swag has some staff bags I would put in the collectable category. 

Maybe some of the staff bags from the various OEMs during the majors 

In the collectable world staff bags from the majors can go high when they are recent---- Prices seem to drop when they get to be 5 years or older even if they are still in the plastic. Ryder cup bags are funny too and I have noticed they command a higher price in the USA on the years we won. Now my 2 RC bags are older and are Miller Brand one is from Valderama Spain when Seve was the Captain and Europe won and the other one is from the Belfry when Europe won. I bought the Valderama one for like $5 at a yard sale a few years back never used and I think I gave like maybe $10 for the other one at the Habit For Humanity store. I have used them a few times on vintage riding rounds. As far as resale virtually worthless but I like to look at them and use them to store clubs in. Hoped someday to have a shop big enough to display them or a man cave.

Swag has some nice stuff as well as Guiote out of Japan. All of that stuff is nice and limited production and is expensive. Kinda like guys collecting Scotty covers. Saw a Scotty Staff bag out of Japan the other day on the bay and the price was like $2700 US. The one bags that seem to amaze me are the used Taylor Made R-5 and R-7 bags the ones that are red white and black with the yellow stripes. They are in my eyes a sharp bag but can not see a price of $250 used plus shipping. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 3 months later...

Late 70s to mid 90s are my favorite vintage bags. Totally cool. Check pockets at the bottom for wear. Check for rust. If you see water around the bag from a hose in the picture it's not good. The metal tabs at the base should be rust free. Dirt is ok but scuffs thru the finish of leather, vinyl is bad. Here is a pic of some of mine. The one in the middle is Robert Mendralla's personal staff bag. That's a collectable.16447124008181993224653891727835.jpg.e4b4518f0233f6c881a051ae8ed6c128.jpg

Edited by Rayvintage

• 5 months later...

I recently got my hands on a Cobra x Ferrari golf bag, been searching the internet for more info about it but haven't found much. 

Could that be a rare bag or "collectable" bag? Even if its not that old (I think). People seem to collecting stuff if they are either old or/and has been sold

as limiteds, right? 

Also, is this bag might one of those promotional bags that you mentioned at first?

4cdc1ff47806c5c6bc6fbdfb27bfc2c5.jpg

Edited by Elton03