TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shotscope v3

I like using a tracking device and have Shotscope v2 as well as ARCCOS. I’ve had some real issues with ARCCOS as had another My Golf Spyer, Foz. I think I’m done with it.

My question here is has anyone upgraded from Shotscope V2 to V3?  They are offering a great discount to upgrade right now and I’m strongly considering it.  At times I’ve had trouble selecting the course that I’m playing on the Shotscope. 

What are the advantage to an upgraded version I real life?

Thanks 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have the V3, but never owned the V2. I’ve only had it for 3 rounds.  I’m still learning the intricacies of the unit but so far it works well. I’ve had no problems picking up the course when playing. 
I am having to return the watch because of a crack along the upper edge but they have been quick to respond and make the exchange process painless. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I've had it for a couple of months. I lost the putter tag so spend time each round sorting that out.

After remembering to make sure a tag registers, things have been better. I enjoy it, but cant really use it for distance tracking because if in trouble, theres no distinction for a punch out or full shot with 5 iron. 

8 hours ago, JDHolmes said:

...but cant really use it for distance tracking because if in trouble, theres no distinction for a punch out or full shot with 5 iron. 

I have the same issue with my Garmin CT10 tags.  All I do is edit any punch out type shots to a 1 iron (which I don't have). Not sure if the Shotscope will allow you to do that, but it might be worth a try.

I would much prefer to be able to flag shots as 'don't count this', but for now it does the job.

22 hours ago, revkev said:

I like using a tracking device and have Shotscope v2 as well as ARCCOS. I’ve had some real issues with ARCCOS as had another My Golf Spyer, Foz. I think I’m done with it.

My question here is has anyone upgraded from Shotscope V2 to V3?  They are offering a great discount to upgrade right now and I’m strongly considering it.  At times I’ve had trouble selecting the course that I’m playing on the Shotscope. 

Thanks 

Kev, I did the upgrade when the V3 was released. The watch is a bit smaller but with a bigger screen. The biggest upgrade is battery life. You can get 2 full 18's on one charge with the V3.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

18 hours ago, JDHolmes said:

I've had it for a couple of months. I lost the putter tag so spend time each round sorting that out.

After remembering to make sure a tag registers, things have been better. I enjoy it, but cant really use it for distance tracking because if in trouble, theres no distinction for a punch out or full shot with 5 iron. 

Actually unless its changed from the original there is an option for a positional shot - check it out when you are editing your round. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

V2 was good and stable; some said it was a bit big and whilst it was you got used to it.

So yes the V3 is more Apple Watch size (screen is actually bigger than V2) and is just that bit more comfortable. The colour screen features are better than the monochrome and the overall usability is better. I found the V3 a bit glitchy at first, but since the latest firmware upgrade much better and as stable as V2. Battery life is a big improvement and for me worth the upgrade. I actually think connection to the tags is better; less missed shots. The change to 4 buttons from 5 whilst not looking like it’s a big deal in usability just seems more intuitive. Also I think it interacts with the App better. More courses preloaded so less to do before your round - I’m looking for a home course so trying a lot out and I just turn up and the V3 has it there.

Overall if you can get a good deal on price go for it you won’t be disappointed.

Edited by EugeGall

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

On 6/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, revkev said:

Actually unless its changed from the original there is an option for a positional shot - check it out when you are editing your round. 

I've seen that and have used it a few times. My "issue" is that I use a lot of positional, non full shots during a round and/or 1/2 or 3/4 shots. I have Swing U with which I can track shot and distance also (though not location) which I can choose which shot to track or not.

I like shot scope and its getting easier to use but it still requires 30-60 after round minutes to get it right.

On 6/26/2021 at 11:46 PM, JDHolmes said:

When you edit your round before signing off just select the shot and show it as a positional shot. That way it won’t affect your distances 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5085.jpeg.d9589f26f3535f44f8bdb2b8cf1f859e.jpegOdyssey 2 ball Ten tour lined putter

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

44 minutes ago, JDHolmes said:

I've seen that and have used it a few times. My "issue" is that I use a lot of positional, non full shots during a round and/or 1/2 or 3/4 shots. I have Swing U with which I can track shot and distance also (though not location) which I can choose which shot to track or not.

I like shot scope and its getting easier to use but it still requires 30-60 after round minutes to get it right.

I actually

lijed tgat part of the process. I forced me to think through my round.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 6/26/2021 at 10:03 AM, revkev said:

Thanks 

I did Rev, then passed on the V2 to another Spy for shipping costs.  The main benefit was a longer battery.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Got mine set up yesterday, planning on using it this weekend. I may wait for a less important round for my first try, depends a bit how I feel on the day.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

5 hours ago, JDHolmes said:

That's wild, it takes me 5-10 minutes for post round editing. And that is mostly due to the fact how picky I am about correcting putt distances within 3-4'

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

11 hours ago, JDHolmes said:

This is what ShotScope says about positional shots:

A positional shot is an approach shot where you are not attempting to hit the green, instead you are intentionally playing into another part of the course. The two typical scenarios where this would occur would be:

1) On a par 5 when you can't reach the green so lay up to a suitable distance for your third shot.

2) If your drive goes into trouble and you need to play out sideways on the second shot.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I just received the email promotional offer and find myself teetering on the fence to drop the $139 for the V3. My V2 ($50) is getting the job done, loading up new courses isn't too big a deal, and I'm able to get 27 holes in on a full charge - I rarely play more than that.  I should hold out for the V4 and grab another @Thin2winhand-me-down 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

@revkev, can't comment on V2 to V3 . However, I can tell you that my experience after 5 rounds with the V3 is that it's more reliable in picking up shots than the ARRCOS that my wife uses with her phone (don't get me started about her Link). I can get picky and comment about the bulkiness of the band and the user guide being incomplete (you have to do some searching for answers). But in the overall scheme of things I much prefer it to ARRCOS. Wife will be getting one as soon as her ARRCOS subscription is up for renewal. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I tried the V1, skipped V2 and went for the V3. Definitely a big improvement, rarely missed shots and only had to spend about 5mins post round editing.

I sold it cause I got lazy and felt the analytics part wasn't helping me much. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 6/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, JDHolmes said:

I actually like the post round review. But it only takes me about 10 minutes. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@revkev, can't comment on V2 to V3 . However, I can tell you that my experience after 5 rounds with the V3 is that it's more reliable in picking up shots than the ARRCOS that my wife uses with her phone (don't get me started about her Link). I can get picky and comment about the bulkiness of the band and the user guide being incomplete (you have to do some searching for answers). But in the overall scheme of things I much prefer it to ARRCOS. Wife will be getting one as soon as her ARRCOS subscription is up for renewal. 

Thanks Tony. I pulled the trigger today. I don’t mind wearing a watch. I think whether you prefer ARCCOS or Shotscope comes down to that 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

15 minutes ago, revkev said:

Thanks Tony. I pulled the trigger today. I don’t mind wearing a watch. I think whether you prefer ARCCOS or Shotscope comes down to that 

For me personally, I like Arccos's data presentation a little better (putting stats aside - Shotscope is much better, imo). Watch versus phone in pocket are about equivalent to me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just received the email promotional offer and find myself teetering on the fence to drop the $139 for the V3. My V2 ($50) is getting the job done, loading up new courses isn't too big a deal, and I'm able to get 27 holes in on a full charge - I rarely play more than that.  I should hold out for the V4 and grab another @Thin2winhand-me-down 🙂.

Bah, go for the v3!

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

For me personally, I like Arccos's data presentation a little better (putting stats aside - Shotscope is much better, imo). Watch versus phone in pocket are about equivalent to me.

Yeah this is probably like a iphone vs other brands kind of discussion. All personal preference and what you're looking to get out of it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

V3 is the way to go. Upgraded from V2 to V3 when it was released just based on the previews. Sleeker design and better interface with the app. Plus I figure they will eventually stop supporting the V2.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I’ve given up on shotscope for the 2nd time.  I don’t generally take a full practice swing.  So when I tried V1 a couple years ago I had missed shots on every hole. 

I heard that improved with V3, snd I made a concerted effort to make full speed practice swings in order to really give it a go.   Same issues.   It appears I’m in the small minority of people that have this issue.  
But it’s just so ingrained in my routine changing it up feels out of Sync. 

I’ll probably let this go for a fraction of the cost.  If anyone is interested bit me up.  Or I’ll eventually put it in the classifieds. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ve given up on shotscope for the 2nd time.  I don’t generally take a full practice swing.  So when I tried V1 a couple years ago I had missed shots on every hole. 

I heard that improved with V3, snd I made a concerted effort to make full speed practice swings in order to really give it a go.   Same issues.   It appears I’m in the small minority of people that have this issue.  
But it’s just so ingrained in my routine changing it up feels out of Sync. 

I’ll probably let this go for a fraction of the cost.  If anyone is interested bit me up.  Or I’ll eventually put it in the classifieds. 

Sent you a PM, I’ve been toying with trying this out..gave up on Arccos awhile back 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 1 month later...

I upgraded from a v2 to a v3. Miles better. It doesn't miss many shots and if you can remember to check the watch before you hit, tapping the tag on the watch will assure that you miss even fewer. My only issue is that I've now had to ship back two v3's because the cases cracked in the back. The second time the watch stopped working altogether. Customer service is superb and they've replaced the watch each time without complaint.