TESTERS WANTED! ×

Worst playing partner... experienced in the flesh...

Kanoito

In our time golfing I am sure we will meet all types. I am fortunate and can't say I have met anyone like that so far... I think the most off putting thing you said to me there is the fact he was grabbing your equipment. Forget about covid times and such, that is something I would be really thrown by. If someone has a club I would like to see or take a swing/look at I would be asking and without question putting back properly... that and I have a specific spot for each club in my bag. Something my dad found out when he caddied for me a few years back. We took a few minutes to go over all of it, because well I like my clubs in their homes haha. 

Hopefully the other rounds were more enjoyable for you and hopefully you don't get paired up with him again. Seems a little too bad, but once again there are all kinds. I have nothing even close to compare with and have quite enjoyed all people I have played with that I can think of to date. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Lucky you! This was a first timer for me as well, extremely painful and sincerely hope none of you guys ever have to go through it 😄
I'm aware, we all got our flaws... I guess some are just more unbearable than others and some of us just have longer fuses...

I also like each club in its designated slot, so even though he managed to put the putter back in the putter well, why couldn't he bother to put the cover on properly?

All things aside, I didn't play well that day either. I was so pissed... but then I came back on Sunday to play 9 with my wife and kids and I unleashed the beast... opened with 2 birdies, 5 pars, 1 bogey and 2 double... I've never shot 1 over for 9 holes!!! I'm sure if I had continued to play the back nine, it would have turned into a train wreck 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, MattF said:

You have more patience than me mate. I probably would have gone full Aussie at him after he started grabbing my clubs. What a wanker.

Same. The first time, eh ok. But the second time I would've immediately said something like "Hey man don't touch my s*&t, it's not yours, hands off". I get the restraint, especially with a 14yo in the group, but wow what a total and complete douchecanoe. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I probably would have ignored the comments like you, but not asking to touch the clubs would have been a non starter.  Unfortunately, I believe society is moving in the wrong direction.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Same. The first time, eh ok. But the second time I would've immediately said something like "Hey man don't touch my s*&t, it's not yours, hands off". I get the restraint, especially with a 14yo in the group, but wow what a total and complete douchecanoe. 

You nailed it. Just like the rest of you, I was like wtf you doing??? But having a kid in the flight, wanted to spare him the awkwardness. After the round, I did talk to the kid and asked him how he felt about the whole situation and I'm glad he saw it the same way, but chose to avoid confrontation with an elder. Hey man, respect is earned, not given, regardless of age and status.

The kid is alright, you can tell he learns proper manners at home.

But the guy man... be right back, gonna wash and disinfect my clubs 😄

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

as others have said - you are a better and much more patient man than i am. 

i actually have 0 issue with other people holding, swinging, or even trying my clubs. just please ask first. 

sounds like the kid ignored this guy pretty well also, which is cool. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Also, the guy opened the round with a birdie and also had a ladies somewhere in between, so as per tradition drinks were on him. The kid and I just went  to turn in the scorecards and left him there alone. No f****** amount of beer is going to make me wanna spend another minute with that douche lol

Like others, everything else is dirt off the shoulder but touch the clubs, nah man thats the "line" especially these days you dont know who is still worried about COVID nevermind its just rude. Good on ya (140 WOOOOOOOOOF)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Like others, everything else is dirt off the shoulder but touch the clubs, nah man thats the "line" especially these days you dont know who is still worried about COVID nevermind its just rude. Good on ya (140 WOOOOOOOOOF)

something tells me if this guy got to play with his girlfriend like he wanted to, he would've come to the clubhouse with an 86 on the scorecard.

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

something tells me if this guy got to play with his girlfriend like he wanted to, he would've come to the clubhouse with an 86 on the scorecard.

Hes one of these guys:

Don't be this guy : golfers to avoid - Comicalgolfer.com

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 hours ago, Kanoito said:

You know all those lists with the top X most annoying flight partners? How many of those have you actually experienced live?

Let me tell you a story about my tournament round last weekend. I swear, the guy was like the ultimate unpleasant combo, an incarnation of all those pesky players put into one single person.

We played in threesomes, 1 guy I already knew (14 year old kid, pretty chill) and Satan himself.

First red sign: while exchanging pleasantries on the first tee, he started complaining about how the club didn't accommodate his special request to have his gf put in a closer flight. I mean, depending on how many people play the tournament, they do try to fulfill everyone's wishes, but it's no obligation and they also have to take flight partner handicaps into consideration. So he threw a tantrum in the office until they moved his gf to the flight behind us.

So here comes the list... I don't know, maybe I'm being oversensitive, but you be the judge:

1. On a short par 4, with about 230 yards to the dogleg, the kid pulls driver and I pull 3W. Satan starts telling the kid how he never uses driver on this hole because he has 280 yard carry and would go over the dogleg, etc. Wow... long hitter, huh? He proceeds to grab a 3W and is still about 40 yards short of the dogleg... hmmm OK, maybe was just a mishit... maybe he just had a bad day, cause none of his drives for the day went over 230...

2. We all talk a little equipment... so on one hole, he grabs my 4i, tries to bend the shaft and gives it back and says... too light and too stiff... so I look at his bag and he is playing TT R300. Hey man, whatever works for you, I was fitted for my Nippon and I'm happy with them. Now he starts bashing me with how you are supposed to have constantly over 100mph SS with your irons to be able to handle a stiff shaft. So I should consider playing regular. OK???

3. Then come a short par 4 (under 300 yards) but very narrow, trees left and right. So I tee off with a 4i and the kid uses his driver. Satan starts bashing the kid on club selection and course management. Dude, the kid hasn't missed a single fairway all day long, let him play his f****** driver!!!

4. Satan plays Callaway CF16 and complains about flyers. He complains about the lack of spin and says he wants to upgrade his set... what does he choose? Another set of player's distance irons Ping i500. I try to tell him, that iron category is made for higher launch, lower spin to be able to hold greens. If you are looking for more spin, those are not the type of irons. He claims I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I just ended the conversation there. I mean, I tested the i500 myself on LM and all... but whatever.

5. Satan sees my Evnroll putter, grabs it, takes a look and doesn't even put the cover back properly. FFS man! Then starts saying how his cheap Wilson putter can do everything he wants, so no need to buy an expensive putter. It's cool man, putt with whatever makes you happy. I just don't see why you would grab another person's property, not put it back the way you found it and then talk s*** about it?

6. The guy just joined my club about 2 years ago. I saw he had a different colored tag so I inquired what was that about. He said he only has a 9 hole membership, so that's why. If he decides to play 18 holes, he has to pay the difference in green fee. But he found a loophole and apparently the office hasn't found out yet, so he only plays tournament rounds for the minimal fee, which gives him an upgrade to 18 holes for cheap. I guess it's true, play a round of golf with someone, you'll soon know see their true character.

7. At the turn, we were already on the clock (you can guess why). So the marshal came up to us and asked us to speed up play or let people play through, which is perfectly understandable. Now, Satan doesn't see it that way and goes full Karen on the marshal as to why he is being slower today and we should be more understanding as he wasn't playing to his full potential. Satan is supposed to play off 15.

8. But as consolation, I enjoyed seeing him hit a few balls into the right rough and another 10 balls into the water for a total of 24 strokes on our C9 hole. Oh, and he made fun of the kid for laying up before the water LOL. I think he finished the tournament with a 140 or something.

image.png.5e723e770df8688d7f7c8d62c857cd23.png

In my 11 years playing golf, I've never let any player or myself get under my skin. This was truly the first time I seriously considered dropping everything and just go home.

/rant off

😱  Satan - is a pretty good description. Two huge bugaboos I have playing with others; 1. Do not ever, ever, ever touch my clubs. 2. Don't talk as I'm getting ready to hit. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You know all those lists with the top X most annoying flight partners? How many of those have you actually experienced live?

Let me tell you a story about my tournament round last weekend. I swear, the guy was like the ultimate unpleasant combo, an incarnation of all those pesky players put into one single person.

We played in threesomes, 1 guy I already knew (14 year old kid, pretty chill) and Satan himself.

First red sign: while exchanging pleasantries on the first tee, he started complaining about how the club didn't accommodate his special request to have his gf put in a closer flight. I mean, depending on how many people play the tournament, they do try to fulfill everyone's wishes, but it's no obligation and they also have to take flight partner handicaps into consideration. So he threw a tantrum in the office until they moved his gf to the flight behind us.

So here comes the list... I don't know, maybe I'm being oversensitive, but you be the judge:

1. On a short par 4, with about 230 yards to the dogleg, the kid pulls driver and I pull 3W. Satan starts telling the kid how he never uses driver on this hole because he has 280 yard carry and would go over the dogleg, etc. Wow... long hitter, huh? He proceeds to grab a 3W and is still about 40 yards short of the dogleg... hmmm OK, maybe was just a mishit... maybe he just had a bad day, cause none of his drives for the day went over 230...

2. We all talk a little equipment... so on one hole, he grabs my 4i, tries to bend the shaft and gives it back and says... too light and too stiff... so I look at his bag and he is playing TT R300. Hey man, whatever works for you, I was fitted for my Nippon and I'm happy with them. Now he starts bashing me with how you are supposed to have constantly over 100mph SS with your irons to be able to handle a stiff shaft. So I should consider playing regular. OK???

3. Then come a short par 4 (under 300 yards) but very narrow, trees left and right. So I tee off with a 4i and the kid uses his driver. Satan starts bashing the kid on club selection and course management. Dude, the kid hasn't missed a single fairway all day long, let him play his f****** driver!!!

4. Satan plays Callaway CF16 and complains about flyers. He complains about the lack of spin and says he wants to upgrade his set... what does he choose? Another set of player's distance irons Ping i500. I try to tell him, that iron category is made for higher launch, lower spin to be able to hold greens. If you are looking for more spin, those are not the type of irons. He claims I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I just ended the conversation there. I mean, I tested the i500 myself on LM and all... but whatever.

5. Satan sees my Evnroll putter, grabs it, takes a look and doesn't even put the cover back properly. FFS man! Then starts saying how his cheap Wilson putter can do everything he wants, so no need to buy an expensive putter. It's cool man, putt with whatever makes you happy. I just don't see why you would grab another person's property, not put it back the way you found it and then talk s*** about it?

6. The guy just joined my club about 2 years ago. I saw he had a different colored tag so I inquired what was that about. He said he only has a 9 hole membership, so that's why. If he decides to play 18 holes, he has to pay the difference in green fee. But he found a loophole and apparently the office hasn't found out yet, so he only plays tournament rounds for the minimal fee, which gives him an upgrade to 18 holes for cheap. I guess it's true, play a round of golf with someone, you'll soon know see their true character.

7. At the turn, we were already on the clock (you can guess why). So the marshal came up to us and asked us to speed up play or let people play through, which is perfectly understandable. Now, Satan doesn't see it that way and goes full Karen on the marshal as to why he is being slower today and we should be more understanding as he wasn't playing to his full potential. Satan is supposed to play off 15.

8. But as consolation, I enjoyed seeing him hit a few balls into the right rough and another 10 balls into the water for a total of 24 strokes on our C9 hole. Oh, and he made fun of the kid for laying up before the water LOL. I think he finished the tournament with a 140 or something.

image.png.5e723e770df8688d7f7c8d62c857cd23.png

In my 11 years playing golf, I've never let any player or myself get under my skin. This was truly the first time I seriously considered dropping everything and just go home.

/rant off

You’re more patient than me, definitely would have said something. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Sounds like you and I would get along fine... Satan and I would not get along, and we would never play together again.

Sooooooo, my question is:  On the short, tight par 4, did you hit the fairway with your 4i that Satan bent?   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I see a all time personal best, low round in your immediate future... that had to be a test and I would say you aced it 🙂.  It simply amazes me the level of brashness some folks have.  To grab a club out of another players bag, someone you don't know at all, demonstrates a complete and utter lack of respect.  He sounds like the type that needs to tear others or other things down in order to build himself up. I'm sure I would have said something uncordial and most definitely would delete him from my play list.

As for his alter-ego and self proclaimed game prowess, yes, I have definitely played with the single digit guy who normally carries driver 280 yards, hits most GIR, and rarely 3 putts but is just having "one of those off day's" 🙄.  Vanity handicaps are real 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sounds like you and I would get along fine... Satan and I would not get along, and we would never play together again.

Sooooooo, my question is:  On the short, tight par 4, did you hit the fairway with your 4i that Satan bent?   🤣

I am hoping to never see him again.

This is the whole, played from white tees, so about 380-390 yards. The hole is much narrower than the birdie book shows. You are basically forced to play a draw or you'll end up in the bunkers. Overcook the draw and you end up in the trees on the left and chances to find the ball are 0. If you try to keep it short and out of the bunkers, you get a long 2nd shot to the green (about 170-180 yards) with a small green that runs away in all directions.

I did hit the fairway and made par 😄

Maybe "bent" was the wrong word. Satan was just trying to flex the shaft to test the stiffness... lol for whatever that's worth...

image.png.6d50c2eaf6429fccae7d3a98722ce59a.pngI

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I see a all time personal best, low round in your immediate future... that had to be a test and I would say you aced it 🙂.  It simply amazes me the level of brashness some folks have.  To grab a club out of another players bag, someone you don't know at all, demonstrates a complete and utter lack of respect.  He sounds like the type that needs to tear others or other things down in order to build himself up. I'm sure I would have said something uncordial and most definitely would delete him from my play list.

As for his alter-ego and self proclaimed game prowess, yes, I have definitely played with the single digit guy who normally carries driver 280 yards, hits most GIR, and rarely 3 putts but is just having "one of those off day's" 🙄.  Vanity handicaps are real 🤣.

I mean we all got flaws and sometimes when you encounter such a character, one tries to find the positive in it. But God damn... I couldn't find 1 single positive thing about him. Our next tournament is July 31st. I'm going to add comment in my registration to avoid putting me in the same flight due to "tiny disagreements" 😄 see if they'll help me.

3 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

I mean we all got flaws and sometimes when you encounter such a character, one tries to find the positive in it. But God damn... I couldn't find 1 single positive thing about him. Our next tournament is July 31st. I'm going to add comment in my registration to avoid putting me in the same flight due to "tiny disagreements" 😄 see if they'll help me.

I'd simply tell them no pairing with him, period. If that dosen't work out, maybe attach this to the bag?

Funny Hands Off Stickers - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | Zazzle

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 6/29/2021 at 1:50 AM, Kanoito said:

I've been with this game longer but, had never met up with anyone like this guy.  Just curious of what his Girl Friend looks like.

I'd congratulate her because she is a nice person if she could put up with anyone like this guy.

Only a few un-pleasant experience like you had and never during a tournament.  I did like to walk on as a single to avoid the restrain put on with a group.  More freedom as a single ,   not to have to wait before and after the round.  So you'd imagine I would have met some interesting characters. 

My way of handling the unwelcome conversation was to walk faster or slower to avoid lumping the group.  Continue a bit more of the small talk if it's pleasant and walk faster if I don't want to engage.  I guess it's unavoidable if sharing a golf cart with a stranger. 

3 hours ago, release said:

I've been with this game longer but, had never met up with anyone like this guy.  Just curious of what his Girl Friend looks like.

I'd congratulate her because she is a nice person if she could put up with anyone like this guy.

Only a few un-pleasant experience like you had and never during a tournament.  I did like to walk on as a single to avoid the restrain put on with a group.  More freedom as a single ,   not to have to wait before and after the round.  So you'd imagine I would have met some interesting characters. 

My way of handling the unwelcome conversation was to walk faster or slower to avoid lumping the group.  Continue a bit more of the small talk if it's pleasant and walk faster if I don't want to engage.  I guess it's unavoidable if sharing a golf cart with a stranger. 

Hard to tell since we only exchanged pleasantries with the girl on the first tee. And I certainly don't want to judge a book by its cover.

Usually I would do as you say, walk faster to avoid small talk, but somehow I felt it was my responsibility to be there for the kid, in case Satan got out of hands...

Hard to tell since we only exchanged pleasantries with the girl on the first tee. And I certainly don't want to judge a book by its cover.

Usually I would do as you say, walk faster to avoid small talk, but somehow I felt it was my responsibility to be there for the kid, in case Satan got out of hands...

I had two, 2 weird encounters on the golf courses throughout the decades of teeing up with total strangers.  One time I was paired with this 2 index holder, Eric, and here comes the other two in a cart ( both in their late 30s to early 40s ).  They did not even introduce themselves and just looked at us and said " we'd rather golf by ourselves if you don't mind ).  The golf course was packed and the started wanted to stop them going off by themselves but they said something to the starter and the starter called back to the club house while those two just hit away.  In the meantime, Eric told them, that if they didn't wish to golf with us, sorry, you follow us then.  Also tried to talk to them that we would not slow them down, even we were using push carts ( thinking we're not hacker ), plus the golf course was packed so no one could fly through the round, even if they were in a sports car.

Anyway they blatantly refused Eric's offer.  So we teed up and our tee shots were way pass their sneaked ahead tee balls.  Later in the middle of the front nine, we were standing in the fairway waiting for the group ahead to clear off the green, when, we heard thump behind us.  Turned around and those two hit into us and never gestured apology to us.  When they hit into us the 3rd time; Eric hit the ball back with an iron and yield at them " I'll show you my 6 iron if you do that again ".  I remembered this was not long after the 9-11 incident.  Those two hit into us looked like someone from Middle Eastern region.  Eric was pretty pissed and remarked,  "I would not do the stupid things they did , looking like that ".   I quietly agree that those two might ended up with very unpleasant experience should they have met the wrong crowd.

One other time I was paired with 3 teenagers , who suggested to me to join the twosome ahead on the 4th hole when we caught up with them. I gladly did because I figure if they want to do something on the golf course and didn't want me to witness ( back then the cannabis was illegal and punishable by law if caught consuming it).  Looking back a few hole down the way I could see what they were doing ( passing the joint ) and smelling the aroma.

Those, were the only time which I personally encountered unpleasant experience on the golf courses. 

Edited by release

21 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Unfortunately !  These type will latch on to whoever is nearest and the weakest ( to say no ).  They should be on medication or cutoff their caffeine intake.  Maybe some issue of handling the stress on the golf course ?  Maybe issue with slight IDD ?  I maybe more forgiving if I understood what's behind the scene.  No time to waste if I just encountered one round of competition golf with the kind.  I would make sure that I remember the name and never to be paired in the same group in the future.

I once met a golfer through a mutual friend during a golf outing.  First few minutes were fine, everyone exchange pleasantry and waiting for our turn on the first tee box.  Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw this guy rummaging through everyone else's bag, running his fingers through all the clubs looking at the condition of the club face ( I guess he was looking for wear mark ). 

I stepped up to him when he got to my bag and just watched him as he kept going through my bag.  I had no idea if he had a secret bet with someone that day.  But his behavior threw me off big time.  Yes, anyone could exam my bag , but ask first, right ?  I refused to golf in the same group of 4-some with this guy ever since that first meeting and I learned that a few guys took a golf trip with him.  Can't imagine what happened on that golf trip.  I can careless to find out if he is indeed a nice guy or not.

As I've gotten older, these types of interactions amuse me.  @Kanoito you handled yourself incredibly well as this guy is most likely the embodiment of human douche...bending the club was not cool...sounds like this kid was making up for a lot of insecurities...

While I adore these types of stories for the humor, this only happened once during tournament golf when I was in college. A particular player was getting fresh with the two of us (threesomes) and after a few holes I asked him why he always looks up as he makes contact with his irons...

Wrecked the rest of his entire round with that little comment...he earned it.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

15 minutes ago, bens197 said:

As I've gotten older, these types of interactions amuse me.  @Kanoito you handled yourself incredibly well as this guy is most likely the embodiment of human douche...bending the club was not cool...sounds like this kid was making up for a lot of insecurities...

While I adore these types of stories for the humor, this only happened once during tournament golf when I was in college. A particular player was getting fresh with the two of us (threesomes) and after a few holes I asked him why he always looks up as he makes contact with his irons...

Wrecked the rest of his entire round with that little comment...he earned it.

Reminds me of a teammate I had in High School, he was a foreign exhange kid from Finland. Awesome guy but could get short very quickly. Since we were 1 and 2 I had to help be a peacemaker at times, almost got into a fight in Rome. Good times... good times. Miss Joonas being around

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

On 6/29/2021 at 4:50 AM, Kanoito said:

/rant off

I get irritated with players all the time but I don't let it get to my play usually. I'm probably already mad at myself anyway.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:22 AM, Kanoito said:

I also like each club in its designated slot, so even though he managed to put the putter back in the putter well, why couldn't he bother to put the cover on properly?

I would have lamb basted him for this. My toleration for ignorance is ultra low and I have no qualms about calling someone out.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

@bens197 you know, I think age played a big role in how it panned out. I'm 37 with 2 kids, would like to say I've matured a bit as well. Go back a few years and I'm sure words wouldn't be the only thing flying back and forth😄

I just registered for July 31st tournament and the club secretary told me I'm not the first person to request not playing with Satan. Geeze I wonder why... 

His behavior was so outrageous, one would think it has to be a joke... so I'm glad the story fulfilled its entertainment purpose 😄

Congrats on not getting into a fight with this guy...Can't promise I would have been as cool headed. Now mind you I would probably have used a few "unpolite" words, but that's kind of how I talk anyways. That said, as soon as he started commenting on My clubs, or the kids club choices it would have been open season for me to comment on EVERY decision/result. I can talk crap a lot without it affecting my game and have seen this result in the other person getting more and more mad just making them play worse and worse. If they finally call me out on it I point out why I am/was doing it. If they change their behavior I will too. 

I was recently playing in a small tournament and hit my drive right down the fairway, but I broke my tee. I tend to hit up on the ball at about a 8* AoA so I don't break many tees. I commented on it like "Ah S*!t", I broke my tee. That sucks!"...One of the other guys started to to comment on it while walking up to for his tee shot. He proceeded to loose 2 balls off the tee so I threw out a "well at lease you didn't loose your tee..". He didn't like that so much, so I made sure to point out not to comment on other people's games then...

Had another guy in a turni a few years ago who on the first 1 tee made a point to comment on how he likes to keep it loose and not worry about stuff on the course. He proceeds to be a jerk for the next few holes. On about the 5th hole we are both on the green and he is away, but not quite ready to putt yet. He says I can go ahead, but I decline and say I want to see what your put does. He got mad that I was forcing him to play in the correct order and starts making comments on how we are not even on the same line and it won't help me at all. He putts and misses. Comments on how little help that could have been. I step up and drain the putt. I look up and say "Thanks for the read". He looses it and now on all my shots he is moving, talking, or doing something. By the 9th hole I had had enough so right in the middle of his back swing I yell. He stops and looks at me. He starts again, and I do it again. When he questioned me I pointed out his actions. Few holes later he ended up getting in a pretty heated argument with one of our other playing partners and almost got kicked off the course. Needless to say, he shot a bad round and we both kicked his butt on the cards. 

Anyhow, back to your guy. You should have considered making a curtesy call into the club to inform them on how he abuses his 9 hole membership too. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x