Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Worst playing partner... experienced in the flesh...

Kanoito

People like this I walk away from before something bad happens.  I don't have the patience anymore for this type of crap on the golf course.  I deal with rude people enough at work, so I don't want to deal with it on the course when I'm trying to have fun.  You take my clubs out of my bag Without asking, you're going to hear it from me & not like it for sure.  That's just ignorant & rude.  

Don't offer up advice to me or anyone else for that matter unless it's asked for.  You play your game & I'll play mine.  

Jerks like this should have been swallowed at conception!  😉  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

5 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I just registered for July 31st tournament and the club secretary told me I'm not the first person to request not playing with Satan. Geeze I wonder why...

I would take a guess that his behavior on the golf course has hidden health issue.  I would be more forgiving to the behavior If there is a mental issue involved.  No one realized just how many among us are under medication to control the behavior issue, some started in their grade school age.  I have several friends are like that.  We just laugh it off when these were not on their best behavior.

• 1 month later...

I have been very fortunate to only have played  with two people I could consider miserable playing partners. The first one was a guy I worked with.  He was either constantly fussing with his phone or giving unwanted advice.  It has always been my practice to observe my partners ball flight to help in locating it if necessary, and only give advice is asked for.  The second guy, topped the first one by far.  His continual and constant foul language was very annoying.  Yeah, I get it with the occasional 'F*&^" when you hit a bod shot, but let it go and move on.  The "topper" was when I was in a foursome with him and we shared a cart.  We Had just hit our second shot on a par four.  I noticed the other car moving on and was wondering where my cart partner was. Looking to the left and right,  I did not see him.  Turning around I see he is urinating behind the cart, right in the middle of the fairway.  That was the last time I played with him

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Fortunately I haven't run into many people I couldn't enjoy playing with, or at least put up with for 4 hours (given I'll probably live about 800,000 hours). Playing partners that diminish my enjoyment:

• anyone who wants to interject politics or religion into the discussion on course, I have strong opinions but not going there while playing golf
  • deliberate cheaters
  • unnecessary slow play (and if it's because of your phone watch out)
  • and whiners (if you miss it's on you, you weren't robbed...)

Otherwise I can enjoy playing with anyone, no matter how good or bad they are, as long as they follow basic rules and etiquette. Fortunately the overwhelming majority of the people I run into on golf course fit into this latter category. In my league of over 100, there are 1-2 that I'm reluctant to play with.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 1 year later...

Gonna resurrect an old thread. Didn't feel the need to start a new one.

My company hosts a "client appreciation golf day" every September. It was this past Friday. Beautiful day and a very nice exclusive, private country club I would otherwise never get to play. So, why was I ready to quit the game forever after a half an hour? That would be because my cart partner had to be the most obnoxious human being on the planet.

• Before we teed off, he bragged about playing every afternoon with the University of Tennessee golf team. Apparently, they constantly ask him if he has any college eligibility left so he can come play with them full time. I knew then, it would be a long day!
  • On #15 (our 1st hole of the day) he hit his tee shot 80 yards left of the cart path, which was positioned 40 yards left of the fairway, deep, deep into the fescue. He then proclaims to have found his ball on the left side of the fairway saying "it must have gotten a good kick." He magically found his golf ball all day long in the most ideal, pristine, perfect locations after hitting the worst shots imaginable. 
  • On #18, which plays parallel to #17 in the opposite direction, he picked up the group playing #17's ball while it was still rolling and put it in his pocket (not even joking). I told them where they could find their golf ball. Then he wanted to play his tee shot, which was on a severe upslope below the 1st tee box, where your feet would be 2 feet above the golf ball. The shot played over a massive bunker surrounding the left side of the 18th green, with a very narrow green sloping pretty hard away. My tee ball was on the right side of the fairway, 94 yards from the pin, looking right up to the green between the two bunkers. The green is very deep but very narrow so, my shot was ideal. He insisted we play his. Three balls in the bunker, mine landed pin high and rolled 25 feet off the edge of the green into a drainage swale. We made bogey!!!
  • On #2, a 145 yard par 3, his tee shot went 100 yards left of the green and into the kitchen of a house!!! Again, not even joking!
  • I walked and carried my bag the rest of the day to get out of the cart with him.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough!!! Didn't even wait around to eat a free meal. 

56 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Gonna resurrect an old thread. Didn't feel the need to start a new one.

My company hosts a "client appreciation golf day" every September. It was this past Friday. Beautiful day and a very nice exclusive, private country club I would otherwise never get to play. So, why was I ready to quit the game forever after a half an hour? That would be because my cart partner had to be the most obnoxious human being on the planet.

• Before we teed off, he bragged about playing every afternoon with the University of Tennessee golf team. Apparently, they constantly ask him if he has any college eligibility left so he can come play with them full time. I knew then, it would be a long day!
  • On #15 (our 1st hole of the day) he hit his tee shot 80 yards left of the cart path, which was positioned 40 yards left of the fairway, deep, deep into the fescue. He then proclaims to have found his ball on the left side of the fairway saying "it must have gotten a good kick." He magically found his golf ball all day long in the most ideal, pristine, perfect locations after hitting the worst shots imaginable. 
  • On #18, which plays parallel to #17 in the opposite direction, he picked up the group playing #17's ball while it was still rolling and put it in his pocket (not even joking). I told them where they could find their golf ball. Then he wanted to play his tee shot, which was on a severe upslope below the 1st tee box, where your feet would be 2 feet above the golf ball. The shot played over a massive bunker surrounding the left side of the 18th green, with a very narrow green sloping pretty hard away. My tee ball was on the right side of the fairway, 94 yards from the pin, looking right up to the green between the two bunkers. The green is very deep but very narrow so, my shot was ideal. He insisted we play his. Three balls in the bunker, mine landed pin high and rolled 25 feet off the edge of the green into a drainage swale. We made bogey!!!
  • On #2, a 145 yard par 3, his tee shot went 100 yards left of the green and into the kitchen of a house!!! Again, not even joking!
  • I walked and carried my bag the rest of the day to get out of the cart with him.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough!!! Didn't even wait around to eat a free meal. 

Wow, that’s one of the worst I’ve heard.  Been there DMD one that with customers/vendors and other business guys and it sucks.  
A company who’s President is a good friend of mine teamed me up in a foresome a few times with a customer of his who’s a real jackass.  I asked him what’s with that guy and his reply was “I was the only guy with enough patience not to beat him to death with his own 9 iron”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Wow, that’s one of the worst I’ve heard.  Been there DMD one that with customers/vendors and other business guys and it sucks.  
A company who’s President is a good friend of mine teamed me up in a foresome a few times with a customer of his who’s a real jackass.  I asked him what’s with that guy and his reply was “I was the only guy with enough patience not to beat him to death with his own 9 iron”.

The president of my company basically told me the same thing. He felt like I was the only one that wouldn't wrap a 9-iron around the guys throat and chock him to death. The idiot wasn't going to own up to putting a golf ball through a kitchen window either. Which I still can't believe happened. I don't understand how he got the ball that far left without hitting himself with the ball. 

I drove the president of the company over to the house and we are paying for the damages. 

3 minutes ago, sixcat said:

The president of my company basically told me the same thing. He felt like I was the only one that wouldn't wrap a 9-iron around the guys throat and chock him to death. The idiot wasn't going to own up to putting a golf ball through a kitchen window either. Which I still can't believe happened. I don't understand how he got the ball that far left without hitting himself with the ball. 

I drove the president of the company over to the house and we are paying for the damages. 

Good move on you & the President, do the right thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list