Taylor made mini driver

9 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

Those are awesome numbers… that’s a ton of roll! Hope it works for you… I’m hoping to try one soon.

The trackman was set up to have 30 yards of roll.  My course is generally around 10-15 yards of roll.  I am not sure if altitude was set up for the trackman as we sit at 5,000 feet above sea level.  The real test will come tomorrow when I play.  I am hoping to borrow the 11.5° demo and the Ventus Blue 5S shaft.  I am sure I'll get the opportunity and will see how the 300 Mini performs.

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon blades 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Wait… so the 11.5° can be adjusted to 9.5° according to the website.  I’m a bit interested in this thing now.  Potential to ditch the big ballon club for something a bit more suitable to my eye.  Real question is… do I need it.

• Haha 1

I have a working man's version of a mini, a 2 wood (98 Big Bertha). I have never driven it so straight and it doesn't go as high as I thought it would so it has a little run. It's plenty long for my homes course at 6100 yards. I am building a 48" driver for our two par 5's and two par 4's that I can go for w/o losing a ball.

TM R7, Big Bertha 2, 4, 7w, DCI 990B 5-P, L, Bionik 105

On 7/16/2021 at 1:40 PM, Shankster said:

Real question is… do I need it.

I didn't understand the question.  What language are you speaking?

😈😈😈

• Haha 5

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:50 PM, RobotDoctor said:

I have been golfing for 35 years and am quite used to small headed drivers.  I used to play persimmon woods and still to this day occasionally take one of my drivers out to the course for a few ceremonial drives.  I used one last week at Ute Creek Golf Course in Longmont and out drove my TM M3 440cc 9.9° tour issue driver/2016 Taylormade Tour Preferred ball with a 1950 MacGregor M43T with original shaft/Titleist 384 Tour 100 compression ball by about 10 yards on #17 (575yd par 5).  AND I struck the drive with the M3 pretty well.  I just hit the persimmon wood even better on that strike.  My first metal wood was a Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° (mid/late 80s model).  I have gamed drivers with smaller size than the TM Mini 300 coming out.  I have hit the old Cleveland 330 Launcher as my buddy owned two of them at the same time each with a different shaft.  I hated both of them.  I did game a Taylormade 300 series 8.5° driver in the early 2000s for a couple years and loved that one.  There is a reason I like smaller headed drivers compared to the monster drivers today.  One is pure looks of the driver and two is the ability to work the ball a bit better than the TM M3 440cc driver I am currently gaming.  What can I say, I am a club ho like many of us but I am not 100% convinced I'll buy one, at least not new.  If I wait a couple months these will start showing up on the BST pages on this site and another popular site.  😄

Yep like you I still hit persimmon some especially practicing---- In fact I set up a range laminate driver--- It is a black Power Bilt laminate-- That way I do not worry about cracking it with range rocks and beside If I crack it I have about 10 PB drivers and this one is not pristine of collectable.

Now does your M-3 have the twist face? I know my M-6 does which is another way of putting it as we both know old school style is known as bulge and roll. I like it because it is the first driver I could ever control a draw with. But I will admit I can get some funky ball flights when I miss one especially a toe hook. The smaller metal heads the jury is out on them as far as I go--- The smaller steel head era I was still playing persimmon---- My first steel head was a Founders Judge I think 300 CC with a X-100 steel shaft. I cracked that head along the rails on the sole which I found out later those were prone to cracking with stiff steel shafts. If I were to try the smaller steel head route I can go back in the building I have several Berthas and one "Great Big Bertha" I also have a Bridgestone J's Weapon which has the original shaft and grip. Which I know for a fact that shaft is too much for me now but I hate to break it up because some collector may want it

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

TaylorMade can do what it wants, of course,

but I refuse to call a 307cc club a "mini-driver."

That's as big as any driver ever needs to get for me.

To me, mini-drivers are those 2-woods that the manufacturers insist on calling "strong 3s."

In any case, the mornings are now too cold for playing in shirtsleeves,

and it gets dark too early to finish afternoon starts.

Time to tie a ribbon on this golf season.

It was great simply to have one after last year's debacle.  

We'll see what next year brings.

TaylorMade 307cc___13.5°  / Mitsubishi MiDi Proto

Titleist PT___17, 20, 23º  /  Titleist proprietary MG207

Mizuno Fli Hi II__18° driving iron  / Mizuno proprietary Exsar Blue

Titleist T100___5-9  / Mitsubishi Kuro Cage TiNi 85

Titleist Spin Milled___50-08, 56-08, 62-07  /  Aldila NV105

Tad Moore Chicopee___putter

Titleist Pro V1x___ball