Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Monte’s Use the bounce 2.0

This approach makes wedge game almost too easy. 

If you struggle with short game spend the $24 and enjoy playing wedges

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

All of Monte's videos are pure gold. Well worth the price.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

All of Monte's videos are pure gold. Well worth the price.

For sure. Once I get done with my powerlifting meet in just over 3 weeks and have more time to focus on golf I’m going to do an online lesson with him too. I think I have all of his videos series and Theres different nuggets of info you can pick up on every time you watch them

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I love most his videos. Use the bounce has been most helpful and NTC works with the planemate so well. Efficient swing and drive your dough didn’t give for me and I could Adam Young’s videos better for that. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

For sure. Once I get done with my powerlifting meet in just over 3 weeks and have more time to focus on golf I’m going to do an online lesson with him too. I think I have all of his videos series and Theres different nuggets of info you can pick up on every time you watch them

I have all of Monte's videos.  It's a very small investment for the many jewels he gives me.  Use the Bounce 2.0 is golden; I refer to it all the time.  I went from a terrible bunker player to a much better bunker player just from watching UTB 2.0. 

I've been to 2 clinics with Monte; both worthwhile.  Let me know how the online lesson works out.  I think I may need one after spending time with the NTC and using the PlaneMate.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

33 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have all of Monte's videos.  It's a very small investment for the many jewels he gives me.  Use the Bounce 2.0 is golden; I refer to it all the time.  I went from a terrible bunker player to a much better bunker player just from watching UTB 2.0. 

I've been to 2 clinics with Monte; both worthwhile.  Let me know how the online lesson works out.  I think I may need one after spending time with the NTC and using the PlaneMate.

The ntc cast a is where I need to focus on. The left arm parallel portion of efficient swing was an area where I had to figure out some of my issues which still creep in because I just don’t hit the range much right now. 

7 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The ntc cast a is where I need to focus on. The left arm parallel portion of efficient swing was an area where I had to figure out some of my issues which still creep in because I just don’t hit the range much right now. 

My biggest game changer is getting my right (lead) wrist bowed in transition.  I can feel when I do it correctly, and the result is amazing.  Sometimes I just don't do it (old habit), and it's likely a poor shot.  The PlaneMate bands help me feel that move.  I can do the PlaneMate in a room behind my garage, and I can tell that I'm making better contact.  I haven't been to the range in over a week because of the scorching temperatures.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

I have stumbled across Monte a number of times and, most recently, the no turn cast drill when I was looking for ways to shallow out my angle of attack. I don't have a problem per se but on trackman this week I was getting into -7.0, -8.0 attack angles with my mid irons which feels....extreme. I think this would help me out the most in my full swing wedges (especially my gap wedge). I am going to try this drill out today because it seems like it would make me pull the absolute beejesus out of the ball but, as with many things, my assumptions and the realities are often incongruent. 

BTW - what is No Turn Cast specifically trying to fix? The issues from trying to deliberately hold lag into a swing? (shanks, steep, etc?)

Edited by vandyland
added question at bottom

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

22 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I have stumbled across Monte a number of times and, most recently, the no turn cast drill when I was looking for ways to shallow out my angle of attack. I don't have a problem per se but on trackman this week I was getting into -7.0, -8.0 attack angles with my mid irons which feels....extreme. I think this would help me out the most in my full swing wedges (especially my gap wedge). I am going to try this drill out today because it seems like it would make me pull the absolute beejesus out of the ball but, as with many things, my assumptions and the realities are often incongruent. 

BTW - what is No Turn Cast specifically trying to fix? The issues from trying to deliberately hold lag into a swing? (shanks, steep, etc?)

Yes, but it is really a good program for all golfers.  As Monte says, the NTC gets the club in a position to allow your body to properly react to hitting the ball.  It's well worth the $27 for the video, if you follow it carefully.  The NTC on youtube is his old take on this.  Get the video.

42 minutes ago, vandyland said:

First drill is to work on wrist set and good position to lead arm parallel. Where the vast majority of golfers struggle

second drill is to top of backswing

then transition and cast a which is shallowing the club

Second Cast aka cast b is wrist action just before impact 

14 hours ago, vandyland said:

14 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

First drill is to work on wrist set and good position to lead arm parallel. Where the vast majority of golfers struggle

second drill is to top of backswing

then transition and cast a which is shallowing the club

Second Cast aka cast b is wrist action just before impact 

Mu phone and the site were acting funky on me yesterday so I had to do the quick and dirty reply. Seems like things are working better so let me expand a bit.

Monte using his experience of what he sees and data to go along with what the best players did expanded on his YouTube video of the ntc drill.

The no turn part in the takeaway/backswing is to improve sequencing and wrist action. Helps avoid flat turns, too inside of a takeaway which leads to ott and other bad things, and helps with proper hip movement. He uses drill one to lear to set the wrists and let the cheat/ribs and arms/hands make the turn to lead arm parallel.

Drill two is designed to get to a better position at the top of the swing in preparation for the transition and downswing. 

as mentions the cast A drill is to get proper shift into lead side and give one time to make the proper wrist action and shallowing of the club. 

cast b is what he talks about in the YouTube video but he breaks it down further in the paid version of where it happens and how this also helps with rotation at and thru impact.

What he talks about in the beginning of the video is how you can skip the first drill if you are already in a good position at lead arm parallel. And for the 2 cast drills you only need to do cast b if it’s not happening automatically as a result of cast a

I tried it last night with birdie balls and it felt very good. Definitely shallowed me out. To be clear I just watched a short youtube video and it is a very small sample size. I wonder if getting the whole program would be information overload. I already work with a coach on a monthly basis but I can still do most of what we have talked about while still doing the wrist set and then casting the club like Monte talks about.

I wonder what it does with a longer club like a driver? Only one way to find out....

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

9 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I tried it last night with birdie balls and it felt very good. Definitely shallowed me out. To be clear I just watched a short youtube video and it is a very small sample size. I wonder if getting the whole program would be information overload. I already work with a coach on a monthly basis but I can still do most of what we have talked about while still doing the wrist set and then casting the club like Monte talks about.

I wonder what it does with a longer club like a driver? Only one way to find out....

If you are working with a coach I would focus on what he has you doing. You don’t want any doubts or other thoughts creeping in.