TESTERS WANTED! ×

Project X Catalyst 55 5.0 - shaft type?

It doesn't appear this forum gets much traffic, so hopefully someone can answer my question. 

Just bought a pre-owned Mavrik Max 21 degree hybrid online. I've slowed down a bit in my 50's, so I'm down to a regular shaft. The club came w/ the above mentioned Project X Catalyst 55 5.0 shaft. I purchased a regular flex, but just it seems much lighter and "loose" when I wiggled it back and forth (in the house, never out in public 😉). I could not find any information about this shaft. I did see something vaguely that it might be a senior flex...but was unsure if that was the same shaft. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Eric95403 said:

It doesn't appear this forum gets much traffic, so hopefully someone can answer my question. 

Just bought a pre-owned Mavrik Max 21 degree hybrid online. I've slowed down a bit in my 50's, so I'm down to a regular shaft. The club came w/ the above mentioned Project X Catalyst 55 5.0 shaft. I purchased a regular flex, but just it seems much lighter and "loose" when I wiggled it back and forth (in the house, never out in public 😉). I could not find any information about this shaft. I did see something vaguely that it might be a senior flex...but was unsure if that was the same shaft. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

If you read the specs for the catalyst shaft, the 55 gram shaft is considered a "light" flex which would probably equate to a senior flex.  The 65 gram is regular and 75 gram is still.  https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/hybrids/hybrids-2020-mavrik-max.html.    55 grams is generally considered pretty lightweight for a hybrid shaft which is probably why it feels so light.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am a certified fitter for Callaway and to answer your question the 5.0 refers to a senior flex shaft. Normally golfers with a driver club head speed between 75 to 85 mph need a senior flex. Good luck.

Mavrik Max 10.5, Oban Devotion 6-4

Epic Flash 3 wood, Oban Devotion 6-4

Epic Flash 3 hybrid

Apex Combo, Project X LZ 5.5

Mac Daddy 5 Raw 56, MD 4 60

Odyssey works #9 putter

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I game a Callaway Rogue and I have the Project X Riptide 60gr 5.5. The shaft weight is an obvious choice BUT I was told the following;

5.0 - Regilar

5.5 - Firm

6.0 - Stiff

6.5 - X Stiff

7.0 - Tour Stiff

You have a Hybrid with a very light shaft and this is most prob why you feeling the "wiggle". Generally hybrids shaft weight higher 

Edited by WTA
Incorrect grammar