TESTERS WANTED! ×

GolfLogix Green Map and Yardage Book.

cksurfdude

I know you commented on the existence of the app, but why did you choose to go with the paper version rather than the app? This would help solve the issue of the distance being from some arbitrary location as it will track your location specifically. It does not help with the elevation changes though. (I use the golflogix app myself when on course for yardages on blind shots, hole layout, and stat tracker. I do not use the putting aspect of it, but if you know your balls location and the pin you can make it replicate your put line based on various speeds to give you an aprox aim spot (again I don't use this feature to see how accurate it is though). 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

30 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

GolfLogix Green Map & Yardage Book.
Unofficial Forum Member Review.

914083505_GolfLogixcover.jpg.278ba83d9113208bdd2dc8b033ae695f.jpg

Summary of Pluses & Minuses:

Yardage pages ... 
+ clear graphics provide good "bird's eye view" of hole layout; 100-125-150-200 yard colored layup arcs.
- zero line at an arbitrary distance behind back-most tee, not at the back edge; 200 yd layup arc missing on a few holes; no elevation changes shown. Also note relative size of yard scale changes on pages for different holes - eg. Par 3 vs 4 vs 5 - but it's always in 10-yard increments.

505395265_GolfLogixfullpageview.jpg.bddf7e00580b2128bdafaa73bf3af8c4.jpg
* image posted sideways to show full page view.

Green maps ...
+ two detailed 5-yard grid views overlaid on topo contour lines ... (1) Heat Map colored scale represents % Slope and direction of dominant breaks, and (2) Putt Break shows smaller, more detailed arrows at, say, about 4 feet apart indicating all the breaks around the green.
- (not really a "minus" but an fyi..) printed pages show green facing relative direction as if you're approaching from middle of fairway, so when standing on the green at your ball you need to be careful to focus on the section of the green map containing your ball and the flag (or: re-orient the map to line up with the direction you're facing from your ball to the flag).

Background
So this past Spring .. for the first time ever .. my wife and I joined a golf (-only, vs a "country") club that has 3 x 9-Hole courses; any two combined form approximately the same rating / slope / length 18 hole track (eg. any 2x9 combo is approx 69.6/132/6100 yds from the White, regular Men's, tees). So with 27 holes .. and two sets of tees I'd generally use: White or Senior/Green .. I thought I might try to find a yardage book to help me learn the lines and distances off the tees, see the intermediate hazards, potential layup spots and their distances from the green, etc.

I know you can DIY it via Google Earth and other online resources (including DECADE if you're a subscriber) or smartphone GPS apps, but I searched around for some printed golf-specific, ready-made alternatives in the hopes I could find something both well-marked and easy to read, and also reasonably priced, plus one that I could quickly and easily refer to on-course.

GolfLogix, makers of a subscription-based app, also publish books that appear to be an ok blend of function, readability and price - $50 for a 3 x 9 / 27-hole course; normally $40 for 18 hole courses. I ordered on their website and book arrived within a week.

First Impressions
Book comes packaged with a basic clear plastic jacket, not super thick but a nice touch and enough to protect your book as you carry it around; outer dimensions approx 7 1/8" high x 4 3/8" wide .. so should fit into most pant/short back pockets. The book's pages are fairly heavy stock so "should" (quote-unquote) stand up to some wear and tear over time (no - did not test the paper for water resistance lol). You can write notes in the margins of the pages, plus there are also a few blank "Notes" pages at the back of the book. The colors and graphics are good and afford a good overview of each hole layout.

Yardages
Here's a composite view of a Par 4 - Par 3 - Par 5 ...
683387523_GolfLogixcomposite.jpg.a2b37b925facd445ddaf6680775e7f4d.jpg

* Note the grids lines are in 10-yard increments, with the heavier vertical & horizontal lines forming 50-yard squares - eg. tee shot landing zones.

And this is where you start to see a few shortcomings, eg. ... 

• The zero line for the entire hole is not at the back edge of the back-most tee but at some arbitrary spot behind it ... so instead of directly taking a yardage # difference at the tee you're playing .. eg. it's 80 yards up from that back-most edge .. you need to find the # for your tee on the right-hand scale and use that # to subtract from points ahead on the hole to get a distance to each desired point.
  • No elevation changes indicated nor are any topographic features shown, eg. mounds or side slope in the fairways - it's a "flat" bird's eye view of the general hole layout.
  • Relative yardage scale changes on different holes - since different length holes are all made to fit onto the same size printed page a Par 3 yardage scale is different than a Par 4 which is different from a Par 5. Initially I thought I'd mark up my own small "ruler" to overlay atop a hole so I could quickly see approximate yardages from any point to any point, but that idea fell apart.
  • As printed material it can only be as current as of the most recent course data prior to printing, eg. if bunkers are added or moved on a hole since printing then those obviously aren't in your book.

So, no, this is not a high-end competition-caliber yardage guide, but - definitely helpful for casual and recreational play  .. eg. finding a yardage within a 5 or so yard tolerance is acceptable ... and definitely helpful for learning all the hole layouts and hazards on a new course. During on-course play you'd augment using this book with either a GPS device (I wear a GPS watch) or a laser.

Examples of where the book has been helpful include... locating lines and safe shot distances off the tees, distances into doglegs, layup areas to play towards (and approx distances from where I might hit a good 😉 tee shot), safe vs trouble spots around the greens - especially on a few of the Par 3s, etc. 

There's also one hole in particular that was harder for me to figure out at first from on the ground - there's a large bunker crossing the width of the fairway at a diagonal, with the left side closer to the hole .. and a tree! ... the whole front edge of the bunker is level with the fairway and the back of it is a steep grass slope so you don't see the bunker itself/the sand at all .. so it's tough to see the distance to either side of the front edge or to clear the bunker from wherever you might be hitting your second shot - so the book's overivew of the hole layout helped me to find spots to try to play towards on either the front or back side of the bunker.

Green Maps
Possibly the more useful feature of the book, and can be really helpful if you play at a course with very sloped and contoured, or with subtle break, tricky greens. Yes - it may slow you down as you try to focus in on the section of the green and try to locate the break lines from your ball towards the hole, but .. as you start to learn where the breaks are on your course you won't need the book anymore and hopefully more of those first putts will be rolling closer to the hole!

There are two maps - first is a Heat Map where the colored scale represents % Slope. As an AimPoint putter I've found this useful to help either confirm or adjust my own slope reading; if you don't use AimPoint it still clearly indicates the Highs and Lows, and flat spots, across the green.

1559100047_GolfLogixgreenHeatMap.jpg.ae213610bf0fbe1171b5e91afc0b1490.jpg

Note the green maps' heavier grid lines mark out 5-yard squares.

Second is the Putt Break, in black and white, with smaller arrows closer together indicating at each point on the green which way the ball should roll. To best use this, though, you have to locate both your own and the flag's relative positions on the green on the Putt Break map and focus in on that section to clearly see the direction from you/the starting point going towards the cup.

585987112_GolfLogixgreenPuttBreak.jpg.e6efad5cb964d7dc7268f199bb0c34e2.jpg

FYI... one way I've been using these maps are after a putt rolls off in an unexpected direction ... I'll look and try to see where I mis-read the break.

Side Note: as I'm writing this there is discussion about a potential Rule change banning green reading maps from competitions, but I would venture a guess they'd still be allowed in practice rounds. 

Take It or Leave It?
I take it with me every round, although it does spend more time now in the bag vs in my hand, but ... as mentioned above it has unquestionably been a useful aid the first several rounds at each of the three (9 hole) courses at my club. I wear a GPS watch when I play, so I'm not using the book so much to find exact yardages from Point A to Point B but more to locate where are the safe spots to play towards.

The greens on these course have very few flat spots anywhere, and some very subtle breaks mixed in here and there, so the green reading maps are the more useful feature to me; plus, as mentioned earlier, I can confirm or adjust my own AimPoint read or review the indicated break in the book after mis-reading a putt.

Overall? For me, worth it.

Is the book like my wife and always right?

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Is the book like my wife and always right?

ALWAYS!!! 😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

I know you commented on the existence of the app, but why did you choose to go with the paper version rather than the app? This would help solve the issue of the distance being from some arbitrary location as it will track your location specifically. It does not help with the elevation changes though. (I use the golflogix app myself when on course for yardages on blind shots, hole layout, and stat tracker. I do not use the putting aspect of it, but if you know your balls location and the pin you can make it replicate your put line based on various speeds to give you an aprox aim spot (again I don't use this feature to see how accurate it is though). 

Fair question - simple answer is I just don't want to use my phone on the course. I can see the advantage, though, of the app showing your updated location on the hole or on the green. Thx

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Just an fyi for anyone looking at yardage books or green reading maps ...

Got an email from Golf Science Lab offering -$20 off a book from PuttView; here's a sample page showing similar style green reading maps as GolfLogix but a much nicer yardage guide:

20210704_104735.jpg.c04eae128d19f090b9f9036378adc3a5.jpg

DM me if you want the link.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Got an email from Golf Science Lab offering -$20 off a book from PuttView; here's a sample page showing similar style green reading maps as GolfLogix but a much nicer yardage guide:

Just looked at it - unfortunately a 'greens book' is not available for our course. If yours is,  $49. is a good deal. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have a couple of the Golflogix books.  I find them helpful on the greens especially when you know the exact location of the pins.  For most tournament play with a pin sheet these green books are very helpful. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

You mentioned the value in using the book with a course you don't know well, but I recently decided to get a GolfLogix book for my home course, which I thought I knew very well. In general, I think having the greens maps for my home course has definitely helped my putting. There are tons of spots where I found I've been mis-reading the greens and either not storing that information for later or was just chalking it up to a poor putt. This is especially true when your knowledge of the green is "this area breaks that way" or "there's a mound and then it goes left." (And even if you know the greens pretty well, I'd argue there's still a psychological benefit to reading the putt, checking the book, seeing that it agrees with you, and then rolling it right in the heart.)

HOWEVER

The one thing it doesn't account for AT ALL is grain. For you northerners, probably no big deal. For us suckers on Bermuda, we know how important that is and we've all see putts break up a hill because of grain. Once I figured out that I still needed to read for grain, my putting improved by ~2 shots/round (according to Arccos.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

10 minutes ago, greggarner said:

The one thing it doesn't account for AT ALL is grain.

Interesting point. Maybe in a future enhancement they could add a note at least indicating the *type* of grass on the greens plus whether grain is a factor to be considered..?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

6 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Interesting point. Maybe in a future enhancement they could add a note at least indicating the *type* of grass on the greens plus whether grain is a factor to be considered..?

I love this idea. I know we're talking about a super-niche group of golfers that care about grass type, but once you've played on Bent vs Bermuda vs Zoysia vs... (Note: I know there are a billion types of each of these and I'm not necessarily saying they need to specify TifEagle vs Champion, but some guidance would be useful.)

When I am going to a new course for the first time, I often ask the guys in the shop what kind of grass they have. Whether or not they know tells me everything I need! 😄

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

23 minutes ago, greggarner said:

I love this idea. I know we're talking about a super-niche group of golfers that care about grass type, but once you've played on Bent vs Bermuda vs Zoysia vs... (Note: I know there are a billion types of each of these and I'm not necessarily saying they need to specify TifEagle vs Champion, but some guidance would be useful.)

When I am going to a new course for the first time, I often ask the guys in the shop what kind of grass they have. Whether or not they know tells me everything I need! 😄

Admittedly I don't know much about grain nor exactly how to determine it, but .. have noticed at some courses, not all but some, on the back of the scorecard they may indicate some course info including grass types.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Played at Pinehurst (#2 and #8) last month and procured the GolfLogix book for each course well before my trip.  I've played there previously, sans the green reading books, and what a difference having them made on these two courses.  I wouldn't necessarily get them for my own course since I play it regularly and I've become completely familiar with where to go and where not to go on each green.  However, on a course your unfamiliar with, especially those with complex greens, they are incredibly helpful and will save you several strokes at a minimum.   

:ping-small: G425 Driver - 10.5 degree

Callaway EPIC MAX 3W

Callaway Heavenwood 7W 

:ping-small: G425 4 Hybrid - 22 degree

Takomo 201's - Nippon MODUS 105 shafts

:scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 8 Putter - Original "Two Thumb" grip 

Edel Trapper Wedge Lob Wedge 60 Degree Used Golf Club at GlobalGolf.com 54 and 58 degree V-Grind SMS wedges

• 5 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, cksurfdude said:

Great, thanks! Your advice and this image helped me a lot. I've been into golf for a long time, but sometimes I just don't have enough time to do what I love. I work for a company https://writix.co.uk/dissertation-proposal-help and often write dissertation proposals for students who can't do it. On the weekends I only get to spend a couple of hours playing golf.

Edited by Giancarlo Phillips

• 1 month later...

Green books from golf logix just seem like too much of a hassle especially when they have an app that does the same thing. I got a year free on the app when I bought clubs from Fairway Jockey. A year of the app costs less than ONE green book. 

FYI, they’ll kick you off the app if you take screenshots. I got a warning at first but they banned me after I did it accidentally when putting my iphone in my pocket. I sent an email explaining it was an accident and they reinstated me.

I couldn’t get a map of the greens because they threatened me. But they give you arrows and slope percentages/heat maps at whatever granularity you want. They can even show you where to aim on a putt, but that feels like cheating to me. 02087282-119A-4C4C-AA01-092D1CBD3CDA.jpeg.2c3e098df1f2d0cf2272c91b3ff9573c.jpeg

C63F22FF-80FE-450F-B68E-5CD49CCEF0EE.jpeg.dfe6685f2275adf7262ceb9fd18e5f96.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

1 hour ago, jfull1914 said:

Green books from golf logix just seem like too much of a hassle especially when they have an app that does the same thing.

Yes, apps can be really useful, but ... I have the opposite point of view = to me, futzing with my phone on the course is a PITA. To me, glancing at the book was quick and easy.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Yes, apps can be really useful, but ... I have the opposite point of view = to me, futzing with my phone on the course is a PITA. To me, glancing at the book was quick and easy.

Ahh I see you’re 60+, I can see you not being into using your phone on the course. The app is probably as easy to me as a book is to you.   I don’t even notice my phone in my back pocket while I play. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

8 minutes ago, jfull1914 said:

Ahh I see you’re 60+

Ha ha yes - an Old Boomer 🤣

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. My bro has eyesight trouble, and I can imagine him having an easier time with a green book. So I think I’ll get him one for his home course and one for the course we usually play when we’re together. I’ll try one out myself and see which is easier for me as well: book or app. I’m not quite 60, but I’m of that generation that used to carry a paperback wherever I went. 😉

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

8 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. My bro has eyesight trouble, and I can imagine him having an easier time with a green book. So I think I’ll get him one for his home course and one for the course we usually play when we’re together. I’ll try one out myself and see which is easier for me as well: book or app. I’m not quite 60, but I’m of that generation that used to carry a paperback wherever I went. 😉

Thx for reading and commenting! I mentioned earlier on the thread to also look at PuttView books; also send to be a quality and usable product.

Good luck 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 3/5/2022 at 5:17 PM, cksurfdude said:

Ha ha yes - an Old Boomer 🤣

Fwiw, I'm 35 and love having 4+ hours disconnected from my phone 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tested:

2 hours ago, greggarner said:

Fwiw, I'm 35 and love having 4+ hours disconnected from my phone 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ha yeah... I'm techie enough - used to work on the IT side and custom software development in Wall Street firms - but just feel relying on the phone on the course disconnects me from being "in the game"...

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've definitely been looking at these books!  Brining up something mentioned earlier, are these books still legal for local tournament play?  I know the Tours are eliminating them, but I wasn't sure if that was a "pros only thing" or if that was for all competition.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

As far as I know these are completely legal as long as the size and scale limits are adhered to.  Those limits are in Interpretation 4.3a/1 in the Rules.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, jfull1914 said:

But they give you arrows and slope percentages/heat maps at whatever granularity you want.

By "whatever granularity you want" I understand you to mean you can blow up the drawings as large as you like.  If the app doesn't limit the scale, you could be going beyond what the Rules allow.  

On 3/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, jfull1914 said:

can even show you where to aim on a putt, but that feels like cheating to me. 

You are definitely breaching the Rules if you use the app to determine the line of play.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Everardo said:

Does anyone have experience or compared vs Strackaline

Not me, sorry, but am aware of their reputation as a quality product. Guess part of it is just personal preference and which tool looks better / easier to read / more useful to you..?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg