Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Forum Features

Golfspy_CG2
This post was recognized by Golfspy_CG2!

"Great Info!"

GolfSpy_APH was awarded the badge 'Helpful'

Over the years the forum has changed a lot and in nearly all ways for the better. With that there have been some hidden or missed forum features that I have found useful and wanted to share them with any and all who are interested. 

I will also use this thread to update any other new features I or others have found along the way as well. So feel free to share your ins and outs. Golfspy MPR already did a great tip with streams which many found useful and am hoping more features like that will also be shared. 

With that feature #1- Following members
With so many awesome members here and ppl's content you genuinely enjoy reading or following there is a great follow feature for members. The reason I like this feature other then the obvious is I have had the pleasure to get to know many of you either in person or just through chats and by using this follow feature it has allowed me to follow their content and has also introduced me to some new threads I had not previously been aware of.  Even better it is simple, click on a profile and simply hit follow member.
Screenshot 2021-07-03 21.14.40.png

@sirchunksalot hope you don't mind me using your banner as an example. Again it is a simple feature, but for me it opened up some new topics here and allowed me to stay a bit more connected with a few members. 

Somewhat in the same thinking profiles are also something that are a great underutilised feature we have. Not that we are facebook or such social media platform, but with profile photos, cover photos and status updates they are other features that most of us use or have, but are good ways to customize your experience and visual presence here.** You can check out the FAQ for how to chance or update these photos.**
 Screenshot 2021-07-03 21.19.35.png

I will admit on not one for status updates, but it is there and if you have the round of your life let us know!

The 3rd feature that I will mention is albums. 
Once again a feature most of know and some use, but is a great way to share a ton of photos of anything from golf to dogs and much more. I know we have a lot of pet lovers on the site who love seeing others pets as well as of course many more who like seeing awesome pictures of clubs and courses. This can be a great add to the site and show us where you have played or your collection of clubs, either way an album is a great place to throw in your photos for all of us to see, like and comment on!

Screenshot 2021-07-03 21.26.35.png

The last feature I'll share is the Dark Theme- I have described this as game changing. I find the white background hard on my eyes and just tough so I stick with the dark theme about 90% of the time. I will admit there are some posts that are harder to read as they for one reason or another come up with black text and I end up having to change to read the post, but for the most part it is truly brilliant and very simple to change and try out. 
Simply score to the bottom, tap theme and select it.
Screenshot 2021-07-03 21.29.53.png

And there you have it 4, lesser used features that make my everyday life with MGS Forum better and more enjoyable. What tips might some of you have? What are the features you use that may not be known to all and how many of you already knew about all these?

Cheers all!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Thanks for tip #4 - it makes the pictures and the signature page really pop. However, if you're a new user, you may have difficulty finding the 'create' and 'messages'  headers since they're really tough to see.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Dark theme is one I absolutely love, it really makes the photos pop and is less glaring on the eyes. I'll also agree with you, the follow feature is a good one that has led me to different forums that I've enjoyed reading.

I'm glad you used my banner, although it does remind me I really need a cover picture. 

As a new member I found this super informative. I am very happy to have learned of night mode! Thank you

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5