TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

So like most people I played more last year than I have in quite a few years. I’m really hoping to keep that going in 2021 and am looking to try and improve my game at the same time. I’m thinking a shot tracking device will help in this pursuit. That being said, which system do you think is best? Both seem to get good reviews here, but I’m looking for feedback for people that might be familiar with both. I’m leaning towards the ShotScope since it’s a touch cheaper and doesn’t have extra costs. Plus a quick check of a watch on the wrist seems a lot easier than keeping a phone in my pocket and checking it all the time. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

I’ve read a lot of posts on these two and eventually went with Golf Pad and their tags to dip my toes into this.   I like it, it works, but I do wonder about the convenience of Shotscope.  Folks talk about missed shots, editing, missed putts, etc.  If you don’t mind a watch when playing Shotscope is nice.  If you’re into all of the analytics, supposedly ARRCOS is more robust, but Shotscope is supposed to be getting better.  ARRCOS sensors have batteries and that’s something that worried me.  

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

I've used both extensively and my short answer:

Shotscope hardware is better, good data analytics and better price. 

Arccos data analytics is better but without buying the link is not as accurate which drives the price higher. ps I don't like or use the Caddie function

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I have arccos and I love it: the data shows me where to use my practice time more effectively. I use the Link, but I didn’t mind having my phone on me either. I do think arccos is much more favored by iPhone users, and now that the Apple Watch supports the full app there won’t be a need for people who wear a watch to have their phone on them. In 20 rounds using arccos, I’ve had to edit maybe 10 shots, so I don’t see that as an issue. And I’m looking forward to a more in-depth tracking of my putting. Caddie function is worthless on your home course or familiar ones, but pretty useful on a new track...

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I have Arccos and love it as well except I have had about ten sensors due on me ( only had since October secondhand from a former Spy). They will send you replacements if within the life window. Love the analytics from it. Coming reporting season, I know I will see a significant improvement in my handicap from it. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 hours ago, Alf. S said:

I've used both extensively and my short answer:

Shotscope hardware is better, good data analytics and better price. 

Arccos data analytics is better but without buying the link is not as accurate which drives the price higher. ps I don't like or use the Caddie function

This is what it comes down to... Tagging putts is supposed to improve with Arccos, it doesn't seem to capture them accurately unless you edit post round which then makes your SG putting and around the green mostly useless (SG: approach can also get wonky as I think it uses 30 feet as a default first putt). 

I have SS V2, never had a sensor issue through 3 seasons and they are smaller/lighter than Arccos. The only benefit I can see for Arccos (now that SS has SG data) is this new AI caddie function that is supposed to factor in elevation, wind, etc. But who knows if that will actually work. The ability to compare make rates by distance and leave distances with different putters is SS is a big plus to me. But the biggest factor was no subscriptions and sensors that won't wear out was second. 

As one of the only SS users in my city, I have requested multiple courses to be mapped which can be a pain. But SS customer service is excellent. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

18 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

This is what it comes down to... Tagging putts is supposed to improve with Arccos, it doesn't seem to capture them accurately unless you edit post round which then makes your SG putting and around the green mostly useless (SG: approach can also get wonky as I think it uses 30 feet as a default first putt). 

I have SS V2, never had a sensor issue through 3 seasons and they are smaller/lighter than Arccos. The only benefit I can see for Arccos (now that SS has SG data) is this new AI caddie function that is supposed to factor in elevation, wind, etc. But who knows if that will actually work. The ability to compare make rates by distance and leave distances with different putters is SS is a big plus to me. But the biggest factor was no subscriptions and sensors that won't wear out was second. 

As one of the only SS users in my city, I have requested multiple courses to be mapped which can be a pain. But SS customer service is excellent. 

I agree with the putting comment

Without the Arccos Link I found the putting data almost useless. Because it relies on the GPS on your phone and the maps being used don't accurately identify the green edge you could end up trying to set flag and Arccos thought you were off the green. I was trying to use the Siri shortcut "set flag" and would end up getting annoyed and annoying playing partners. So then you resort to hand editing the flag position which changes the distance of your 1st putt so you manually change the putt distance. Meanwhile your playing partners are halfway up the next fairway.

The GPS and map inaccuracies are also the reason Arccos misses bunker shots, you could be sitting right in the middle of the bunker and it still records your shot as being a chip. 

SS is one click on the watch and the pin position is record without issue.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I've used Arccos on and off and recently got Link so I could ditch the phone - not that it really bothered me, but I'd like to use my phone for music and other things while on the course. Missed tags can happen with any device - even had it occur often when I used Game Golf which had you physically tap/tag each shot. I like Arccos for the in depth analytics and their commitment to average golfers by providing a steady stream of software and hardware updates. Their new subscription model is meant to keep that ball rolling and I'm a fan - though admittedly not keen on the current price.

I also had the opportunity to give ShotScope a try, but it was the V2 hardware. I didn't like the size or apparent quality of that watch which is much improved with V3. My biggest gripe however was what ShotScope required to get an "accurate" tag. I don't typically take practice swings and I found that using the V2 really impeded my rhythm on the golf course. Even still, I often found missing shots post round and would have to manually add them in. Arccos on the other hand, uses the mic from your phone or Link. So even if it still misses a shot, at least I don't have to do anything extra to achieve the same result.

What it really comes down to IMO, is budget and what you think you will accomplish with the technology. If you need to keep costs down and aren't sure exactly how you'd use the data, but want to give it a try get ShotScope. If you have more room in your budget and have particular stats you'd like to track, are working with a coach, or even considering a new club purchase with Club Champion, Cool Clubs, or TXG, Arccos may be the better choice as they offer a coaching dashboard and have partnered with the aforementioned club fitters.

One last note on Arccos that doesn't get a lot of attention, is their blog. Want to learn how to get the most out of Arccos? I highly recommend reading some of the posts or listening to the podcasts.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've used Arccos on and off and recently got Link so I could ditch the phone - not that it really bothered me, but I'd like to use my phone for music and other things while on the course. Missed tags can happen with any device - even had it occur often when I used Game Golf which had you physically tap/tag each shot. I like Arccos for the in depth analytics and their commitment to average golfers by providing a steady stream of software and hardware updates. Their new subscription model is meant to keep that ball rolling and I'm a fan - though admittedly not keen on the current price.

I also had the opportunity to give ShotScope a try, but it was the V2 hardware. I didn't like the size or apparent quality of that watch which is much improved with V3. My biggest gripe however was what ShotScope required to get an "accurate" tag. I don't typically take practice swings and I found that using the V2 really impeded my rhythm on the golf course. Even still, I often found missing shots post round and would have to manually add them in. Arccos on the other hand, uses the mic from your phone or Link. So even if it still misses a shot, at least I don't have to do anything extra to achieve the same result.

What it really comes down to IMO, is budget and what you think you will accomplish with the technology. If you need to keep costs down and aren't sure exactly how you'd use the data, but want to give it a try get ShotScope. If you have more room in your budget and have particular stats you'd like to track, are working with a coach, or even considering a new club purchase with Club Champion, Cool Clubs, or TXG, Arccos may be the better choice as they offer a coaching dashboard and have partnered with the aforementioned club fitters.

One last note on Arccos that doesn't get a lot of attention, is their blog. Want to learn how to get the most out of Arccos? I highly recommend reading some of the posts or listening to the podcasts.

Good point about practice swings, but you don't need to take a full swing to activate the watch. Just holding the club in the hand with the watch for like 10 seconds is usually enough to wake it up. If you have any waggles back to shaft or arm parallel, it still works as that is all I do and rarely miss full swings. I agree, the V2 watch is hideous which almost pushed me to V3 alone along with better battery. I did forget the watch at home a couple times this year which isn't an issue with the phone, but is still a problem with Link. I find having all hazard distances and front/middle/back on the watch a huge time saver, this is coming from someone who dislikes watches for golf - I wear SS 1-2" above my wrist. I've reviewed round data from 5+ people in Arccos, in my experience the Shot Scope data is more accurate (and V3 is supposedly better) especially putting which carries over to 2-3 areas in SG. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Good point about practice swings, but you don't need to take a full swing to activate the watch. Just holding the club in the hand with the watch for like 10 seconds is usually enough to wake it up. If you have any waggles back to shaft or arm parallel, it still works as that is all I do and rarely miss full swings. I agree, the V2 watch is hideous which almost pushed me to V3 alone along with better battery. I did forget the watch at home a couple times this year which isn't an issue with the phone, but is still a problem with Link. I find having all hazard distances and front/middle/back on the watch a huge time saver, this is coming from someone who dislikes watches for golf - I wear SS 1-2" above my wrist. I've reviewed round data from 5+ people in Arccos, in my experience the Shot Scope data is more accurate (and V3 is supposedly better) especially putting which carries over to 2-3 areas in SG. 

I did enjoy some of the putting data provided by SS better, but I'm hoping the coming updates to Arccos will resolve that relatively minor issue. Putting isn't really a weakness in my game most of the time and I practice it a ton at home so it isn't something that typically skews my decision making.

Also on the watch part of it, I used to have a Garmin S2 and really did enjoy how quick and easy it was to get distances. The one upside about having Link now, is that at least I don't have to dig the phone out of my pocket to get distances. If I wanted, I could even use a separate app just for that purpose if I felt it offered something over the Arccos app.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 1 month later...

Good feedback everyone on the differences between ARRCOS and SS. My wife just got her replacement for the defective Link and tried it on the course yesterday. The good news was that the Link acquired the satellites and sync'd with the phone. The bad new was that it didn't capture any data til #10.  So far between the Link and the first year subscription. we're into it for the price of SS V3. Not sure where we'll end up long term, since we're only looking for basic analytics. 

One question for SS users, what affect do practice swings have on the data since it does use sound. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Good feedback everyone on the differences between ARRCOS and SS. My wife just got her replacement for the defective Link and tried it on the course yesterday. The good news was that the Link acquired the satellites and sync'd with the phone. The bad new was that it didn't capture any data til #10.  So far between the Link and the first year subscription. we're into it for the price of SS V3. Not sure where we'll end up long term, since we're only looking for basic analytics. 

One question for SS users, what affect do practice swings have on the data since it does use sound. 

SS does NOT use sound.  You can take one or a hundred practice swings.  It simply tracks the distance from where you hit that club, to where you hit the next  shot (either that same club or another).

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

Another thing with the SS, the sensors don't have batteries, so they last a heck of a lot longer than the Arrcos ones.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have Arccos and love it. Outside of having to replace most my sensors (bought used) and link having connection issues with gps sometimes it’s a great tool and product and Customer service has been wonderful 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

As an update, I bought the ShotScope and have played one round with it and really like it so far. I do say one round because I put the watch in my bag after being on the charger for a few days and thought I turned it off. Apparently, I was wrong because when I got to the course I had like 30% battery and it died on me by the back 9. Hopefully this won’t happen again.

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

My two cents while coming up on my 1-year anniversary using Arccos:

• Customer service is extremely responsive
  • Being in Arizona, the heat seems to mess with the sensors (mine are screw-ins) more than average. Within a year I've had to replace 7 of the 14 sensors but have received replacements within a week of requesting.
  • I bought an Apple Watch to check out the functionality of the watch app, but kept finding myself referencing the phone throughout the round to dial in pin location/shot tracking mistakes. I ended up selling the watch 2 weeks later.
  • The Link has been awesome. The only issue I've found is when I'm wearing a jacket/anything that may cover up my belt (the Link/Arccos app work on sound for shot detection), the shots may not register.
  • I have a handful of friends I've gotten into the Arccos world, but have noticed that the learning curve for some less tech-savvy users has been steep. (ex: buddy was using the watch app for the first time and it kept missing strokes. I tried talking him through how to add shots, but he felt pressure to learn right there on the course, got frustrated, and rage-quit. He doesn't have a round on Arccos to show for it.)

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5 1” tipped

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Titanium Rocket 13.5°, UST Lin-Q Purple 7F5

2 Iron:  :callaway-small: X Forged UT 18°, Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

4-PW:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB irons, DG Tour Issue x100 +1” 2° flat

Wedges:  :mizuno-small: T20, KBS Wedge shaft, 50°/54°/58°

Putter:  Toulon Atlanta, Stroke Lab Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1x Optic Yellow

Bag:  :Ogio: 2021 Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag

Shot Tracking:  :Arccos:

My two cents while coming up on my 1-year anniversary using Arccos:

• Customer service is extremely responsive
  • Being in Arizona, the heat seems to mess with the sensors (mine are screw-ins) more than average. Within a year I've had to replace 7 of the 14 sensors but have received replacements within a week of requesting.
  • I bought an Apple Watch to check out the functionality of the watch app, but kept finding myself referencing the phone throughout the round to dial in pin location/shot tracking mistakes. I ended up selling the watch 2 weeks later.
  • The Link has been awesome. The only issue I've found is when I'm wearing a jacket/anything that may cover up my belt (the Link/Arccos app work on sound for shot detection), the shots may not register.
  • I have a handful of friends I've gotten into the Arccos world, but have noticed that the learning curve for some less tech-savvy users has been steep. (ex: buddy was using the watch app for the first time and it kept missing strokes. I tried talking him through how to add shots, but he felt pressure to learn right there on the course, got frustrated, and rage-quit. He doesn't have a round on Arccos to show for it.)

I’ve used both and found the learning curve for Arccos is less steep than shotscope. I didn’t like shotscope at all to be honest and it was difficult to use and I am pretty tech-savvy.

Found the same issue when wearing jackets with the link. But otherwise it is by far the least invasive way to track shots

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

19 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

I’ve used both and found the learning curve for Arccos is less steep than shotscope. I didn’t like shotscope at all to be honest and it was difficult to use and I am pretty tech-savvy.

More details please - is the app not intuitive, etc. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

More details please - is the app not intuitive, etc. 

Perhaps it was just me coming from Arccos to a new platform but My main issues came with the shot editing. Getting to the correct shot and the correct screen to edit takes a few steps, once you are there it’s fine. The most annoying was whenever a shot was not tracked and manually adding a shot has to come post-round and not in real time. I also found ending and completing a round was tedious as tee selection and penalty/not tracked shots had to be added then. The ending screen alerts you to holes where your attention is needed to verify it is correct, which is great, however, there were several rounds where no matter what editing/correcting I did fixed the hole, it still showed as if it needed to be edited.

I also had some major hardware issues with the platform which tainted my experience. (Adding shots that were never hit, gps dropping, rounds not uploading etc.)

For the rounds that everything went smoothly I did think the system was good. If I hadn’t come from another platform then I would have probably have had an easier time adjusting to ShotScope’s editing features.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 hour ago, HeathS16 said:

Perhaps it was just me coming from Arccos to a new platform but My main issues came with the shot editing. Getting to the correct shot and the correct screen to edit takes a few steps, once you are there it’s fine. The most annoying was whenever a shot was not tracked and manually adding a shot has to come post-round and not in real time. I also found ending and completing a round was tedious as tee selection and penalty/not tracked shots had to be added then. The ending screen alerts you to holes where your attention is needed to verify it is correct, which is great, however, there were several rounds where no matter what editing/correcting I did fixed the hole, it still showed as if it needed to be edited.

I also had some major hardware issues with the platform which tainted my experience. (Adding shots that were never hit, gps dropping, rounds not uploading etc.)

For the rounds that everything went smoothly I did think the system was good. If I hadn’t come from another platform then I would have probably have had an easier time adjusting to ShotScope’s editing features.

Thx - appreciate the detailed feedback. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I can't speak to comparison, but I used ShotScope most of last year. The sensors and tracking seem very accurate. By being able to go in and edit the rounds you can correct some shots that were mistracked, which does happen. But, if you remember to select your putts on the green in real time it is accurate. I've been happy with the system, and if nothing else its not a bad deal for just the GPS watch.

image.png.258d22fcc4d0d25f5fdb8eea25fcd23f.png B21 9.5* w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ PX Evenflow Black 6.5

image.png.de7870be9e5ebe2ff26fab3151edb989.png Stealth DHY 2i w/ Aldila Ascent Black Stiff

:srixon-small: z585 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

image.png.a2a25073d1a41c5de1690a6254814da3.png Super Select Newport Plus -or- :odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab 

image.png.d2e91492049dce3981a9fad088921b12.png ProV1

• 2 months later...

As a brand new user of V3 and the corresponding Shotscope  'dashboard' , I thought there would be some value to a thread dedicated to this technology. Tips and tricks along with a thread for members to ask questions. I know of at least 3 users here; @MattF, @fozcycle, @revkev, any others? 

A question for you expert users - any way to import a pic of a specific hole (from dashboard) without having to use 3rd party software like 'Paint 3D' ? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Thanks for starting this thread. I have a replacement V3 on the way. I had only used mine for a couple of rounds before it developed a crack in the case, so I am very much a newbie. I look forward to sharing tips. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I’m using V3 mostly for GPS convenience, since PING and Arccos teamed to offer a free set of screw-in tags based on only my purchase and registration of a lightly used G400  driver.  My G425  Driver/7W/4H have Arccos grips.  While Arccos offers better long range data collection to help me lower my average score, my V3 is THE most convenient way to get my distance to front/ center/back of green.  

I've been a V3 user now for a couple months. I was using Hole19, and while it gave similar data, it was very cumbersome waiting to update my location on the fairway, then club choice. Love the freedom SS gives of just playing. 

Have not had the need to import pix of holes, so I can't help there. 

I have noticed on one of my courses they have a P5 and a P4 swapped. Need to shoot that off to support and see what they need to update. 

Look forward to hearing tips, and hopefully providing some of my own.

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

Been using shotscope for a few years, started with v1 and still using v2, new dashboard with shots gained against similar hcp is very useful. Along with other stats it highlights areas of strength and those you need to work on. Always found they are very helpful when responding to requests. Sorry can't help with original question, I've always taken screenshot

Nelson, Hogan, Snead, Ouimet and the rest of the men who turned this game in to what it is today are turning over in their graves.

Driver: Tommy Armour Atomic, 10.5, Senior Shaft

3 Wood: Cleveland FL, senior graphite shaft.

Adams Idea A12 OS, 3,4,5,6 hybrids, 7 - sand wedge. Senior flex graphite shafts

Ping Answer putter.

I did email support once when I found an outdated hole, but they said they couldn't do anything since they had to wait for Google maps to update.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 7/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, tony@CIC said:

As a brand new user of V3 and the corresponding Shotscope  'dashboard' , I thought there would be some value to a thread dedicated to this technology. Tips and tricks along with a thread for members to ask questions. I know of at least 3 users here; @MattF, @fozcycle, @revkev, any others? 

A question for you expert users - any way to import a pic of a specific hole (from dashboard) without having to use 3rd party software like 'Paint 3D' ? 

I update my round on my iPad then take snapshot of the hole, then edit by cutting the extra stuff out, then save it to my photos. That works pretty well with no extra software.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder