TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

I have used V3 for a year.  Over the winter I bought the enhanced Power Sense Strap, and the watch now captures 100% of my shots. I used to have to double check after each stroke to make sure the shot was recorded. If not, I would slam the club against the golf cart tire to make sure a shot was recorded. It's so reliable I never have to double check now.  Sometimes, if I think I mis-counted strokes, I know V3 will capture each shot and let me know at the end of the round

I add penalty strokes when comparing my card to Shot Scope on my computer after a round.   I haven't figured out where my round recap on the dashboard displays penalty strokes -  anyone have a clue?

SW: Cleveland CBX 2 56 degree, 12 bounce

GW:  Cleveland CBX 2 52 degree, 11 bounce

6 - 9 irons: Callaway RAZR X HL Irons,  True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft

5H Callaway RAZR X HL 27 degree, 60 lie, 38.75" length

4H: Taylormade 22 degree,   60.5 Lie    40.25" length

3W Callaway Diablo Octane 15 degree, 56 lie, 43"

Taylormade Rocketballz 10.5 degree 46"

2 hours ago, Ell said:

Nelson, Hogan, Snead, Ouimet and the rest of the men who turned this game in to what it is today are turning over in their graves.

So you don’t think they’d use any advantage available to them. 

We have a pro at our club who was a young player on tour when Hogan was a veteran.  There weren’t always ranges at the courses used or even when there were they weren’t very good and guys needed to bring there own balls.

He told me that Hogan would find an off sight range, warm up there and show up in time to roll a few putts before his tee time.

i suspect that any of those guys would gladly have taken advantage of anything that the rules allowed if it would improve their game.

And this is from someone who grew up playing when courses didn’t have ranges, very few had yardage markers and my set only had odd numbered clubs. I loved the game then and love it now.

@Tony thanks for starting this thread. It’s been a while but as I recall it I would screen shot whatever I wanted from shot scope and then it was easy to post. I used it for my review in the Ping Long game thread. 

Looking forward to getting home and putting my new V3 in. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

As a brand new user of V3 and the corresponding Shotscope  'dashboard' , I thought there would be some value to a thread dedicated to this technology. Tips and tricks along with a thread for members to ask questions. I know of at least 3 users here; @MattF, @fozcycle, @revkev, any others? 

A question for you expert users - any way to import a pic of a specific hole (from dashboard) without having to use 3rd party software like 'Paint 3D' ? 

I share screenshots of select holes from my phone. On Android there are some nice default editing features to clean up the top and bottom  bars. I have included both edited and unedited shots. 

I use my V3 mostly for the GPS and measurements of club distances. I am 69 years old and play to a 20. I will use more features as I improve. 

Great thread! 

Screenshot_20210704-165307~2.png

Screenshot_20210704-165307.png

Driver:  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash, Subzero 9.5°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
5 FW:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 18°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
7 FW:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 18°, UST Mamiya Gold 55
Hybrids 5,6: :ping-small: G400, Mitsubishi C6 Black
Irons 6-PW: Maltby STi2, Aldila NV 55
GW: Maltby LE Forged 52°
SW: Maltby LE Forged 56°
Chipper: :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 42°
Putter: Custom DeChambeau style w/Taylormade Spider style head

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I update m6 ro7nd on my iPad then take snapshot of the hole, then edit by cutting the extra stuff out, then save it to my photos. That works pretty well with no extra soft2are.

And why didn't I think of that!. 🤔. That's an easy solution. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, Finky999 said:

.  Over the winter I bought the enhanced Power Sense Strap

Do tell us more - I don't see it in their accessories page. https://shotscope.com/us/products/accessories/

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Used mine for the first time on Saturday, it missed a few shots, and several holes are out of date. I've emailed support, hopefully they can update it.  I need to work out how to edit and have a play.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I have used Shot scope for years now.  The V3 is a great improvement in shot capture and wearability.  I have some issues with the strap flapping lose because the small plastic fastener doesn't really lock it down and it can catch on clothes and pop free. Other than that I love the device.  It is very good at capturing the shots.  Much better than V2.  The GPS yardages are accurate.  I have had several issues where I had to contact support due to map variations and they corrected the issues very quickly.  They use Google to map their courses so if Google hasn't taken new photos of a course layout change then they can't upgrade the course map.  I also had some issues where Google took the course photos very early in the morning resulting in long shadows that obscured some of course features such as the exact outline of sand traps or greens. So sometimes the Shotscope will indicate you are in a sand trap or on the green when you are just very close.  This is easily corrected in the dashboard when you verify your round.  

I find the info I get to be invaluable for understanding my game and enjoyable for seeing improvements in overall performance.  The thing I seem to have the most trouble with is capturing the pin position after I putt out.  Find myself walking back onto the green and getting pin position more than once or twice a round.  One thing I have mentioned to support is to indicate in the post round verification whether a pin has been captured or not by changing the pin color.  For instance, red indicating a pin you have captured and blue indicating a pin you forgot to capture.  They liked the idea and perhaps we'll see that in a future update.

You also begin to get real about some facts in your golf game.  How far you really hit your drives, how often you get up and down, how often you hit the fairway or greens in regulation.  i also enjoy the little medals they give you for achievements, like low score (breaking, 80, 75, 70 etc), birdies in a row, pars in a row, low putts, etc.  As you accumulate medals it becomes harder and harder to get one so it is a pleasant surprise to find you have earned one.  

I started with Game golf years ago and switched to Shotscope because you didn't have to tap your club and you got the GPS function as well.  It is incredible to me that you get a GPS watch with shot tracking for less than the price of other GPS only watches.  Quite a bargain if you ask me.

Worked out how to edit. Need to get used to checking the shot registered and making the pin collect more automatic. Hope I’ll get quicker at editing and have less errors to correct once I get used to wearing it.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

In regards to editing missed shots, if you take 2 (or more) shots to get out of a bunker or flub a chip chances are that you'll have to add the second shot because SS won't read it. I'm not sure of the distance but you have to move further than you think for it to realise that you've actually taken that second shot.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

tony@CIC, thanks for starting this thread! This is my 2nd season with V3 and I agree it's much better than V2. It even works better than Arccos for me as I play a lot of morning golf and their sensors don't do as well in low light (not to mention that it's more expensive to use). 

I still often forget to mark penalties at the time, sometimes because I'm not sure which one applies. And I, too, sometimes forget to close out a hole while at the pin. But those are not my biggest issues. My biggest issue is that, being a bit on the ancient side, I often swing a club well off my ball to stay loose and sometimes (too often lately) if I take even a small divot, it records a shot completely messing up the tracking on that hole.  I can alleviate that by "pausing", but forget to do that and then forget to turn it back on.

No system is perfect (not yet, at least), but I do like Shot Scope best between them & Arccos.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

Worked out how to edit. Need to get used to checking the shot registered and making the pin collect more automatic. Hope I’ll get quicker at editing and have less errors to correct once I get used to wearing it.

One feature I really like is the ability to see the last club captured. I just have to glance at the watch and I can see the club used. So far with the V3, the only shots not captured for distance is putting. I still haven't installed  a stick on sensor for my CB putter. I'm actually thinking of cutting back the screw on one - leaving about 1/4" nub and gluing it into the weight. Since I never change out the weights it would be a permanent solution 

@Golfhandds, I agree with you on the band and specifically the clip - it comes undone once or twice a round. Also given my hands/arms sweat, the rubber band isn't the best way to go. On the other hand these are minor inconveniences.   

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

19 hours ago, Ell said:

Nelson, Hogan, Snead, Ouimet and the rest of the men who turned this game in to what it is today are turning over in their graves.

They each took advantage of technology of their era that wasn't available in previous eras and vastly improved the game.  What makes the technology jump today from the 70 to 90 years ago, any different.  

Sports like anything, must evolve or die. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

16 hours ago, revkev said:

So you don’t think they’d use any advantage available to them. 

We have a pro at our club who was a young player on tour when Hogan was a veteran.  There weren’t always ranges at the courses used or even when there were they weren’t very good and guys needed to bring there own balls.

He told me that Hogan would find an off sight range, warm up there and show up in time to roll a few putts before his tee time.

i suspect that any of those guys would gladly have taken advantage of anything that the rules allowed if it would improve their game.

And this is from someone who grew up playing when courses didn’t have ranges, very few had yardage markers and my set only had odd numbered clubs. I loved the game then and love it now.

@Tony thanks for starting this thread. It’s been a while but as I recall it I would screen shot whatever I wanted from shot scope and then it was easy to post. I used it for my review in the Ping Long game thread. 

Looking forward to getting home and putting my new V3 in. 

HA...Rev. I didn't see your post before making mine, I was so astounded by his narrow viewpoint, I stopped reading and had to respond.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My putter sensor solution install worked for CB putters. I snipped off the screw part of the putter sensor leaving about a 1/16" nub and used contact cement. So far it's holding up after 9 holes tonight. 

IMG_8299.JPG.b7b76b884114349962e7c6e1cb37a019.JPG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

My putter sensor solution install worked for CB putters. I snipped off the screw part of the putter sensor leaving about a 1/16" nub and used contact cement. So far it's holding up after 9 holes tonight. 

I did this exactly for my putter as well and it worked great. Glad it worked well for you too.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I put a gravity grip on my EVNROLL and did not need to cut anything 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 7/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, Ell said:

How do you think they'd feel about those graphite shafts you're using??

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Been using one since the past version, the V3 is a great improvement inn size and technology.  I love how quick the support team responds.  When I got the upgrade to the V3 the strap was broken one onside.  They replaced the entire unit immediately without charge and didn't even ask for the broken one back.  Also like that you dont have to carry anything in your pocket or clipped to you to have ShotScope work.

If I had one request, it would be to have an overview of each hole.  I think this would be helpful when playing a course that's new to me.  Unfortunately we'll have to wait for that feature although they said they are working on it.

Overall much better than Arccos which I've tried.

Clubs:

Mizuno JPX 800 irons 6 to 9 plus four Mizuno wedges 48, 52, 56 & 60

Krank Element Driver 12.5 degrees

Krnak 3 wood

Tittlest 910 5 wood

Ping 23 degree hybrid

Ping 23 degree hybrid

Ping Ketsch Putter

Snell My Tour Balls

Right handed

Live in Chicago IL Area

19 Handicap

On 7/5/2021 at 8:35 AM, MIgregb said:

tony@CIC, thanks for starting this thread! This is my 2nd season with V3 and I agree it's much better than V2. It even works better than Arccos for me as I play a lot of morning golf and their sensors don't do as well in low light (not to mention that it's more expensive to use). 

I still often forget to mark penalties at the time, sometimes because I'm not sure which one applies. And I, too, sometimes forget to close out a hole while at the pin. But those are not my biggest issues. My biggest issue is that, being a bit on the ancient side, I often swing a club well off my ball to stay loose and sometimes (too often lately) if I take even a small divot, it records a shot completely messing up the tracking on that hole.  I can alleviate that by "pausing", but forget to do that and then forget to turn it back on.

No system is perfect (not yet, at least), but I do like Shot Scope best between them & Arccos.

Hey,  no need to worry about pausing here for that.  I have never had the shotscope record two shots from the same area.  It was mentioned in a post above that if you duff one in the sand then you probably have to record that in post-round because there isn't enough distance between your first and second shot.  The same would be true for a duff or whiff.  If it records your practice swing because you bounced it off the ground (I'm not sure how you would know that during the round), it will still record your subsequent hit from that spot.

9 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I’m going to have to cut my sensor down as well.

For a CB putter? My glue on is still in tact after 27 holes. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

At what point do you guys think the distance numbers for each club are statistically significant? 10 - 20 - 30 rounds? As I look at the numbers and the  rounds I've played, the two things that neither ARRCOS nor Shortscope take into account as the conditions. For instance, my 7i out of tall rough is not going the same distance as from the fairway. Same with wind. Last week I nailed a driver 20 yds past where I typically  hit it - I also had a following wind in excess of 15 Kts. off the tee that probably contributed to most of that distance. 

What numbers do you use?  

And if Shotscope is listening: I prefer the data presentation on the phone vs the dashboard. On the phone it will show all 3 bars grouped by each club 'P-Avg', 'Avg' and 'Longest' whereas on the dashboard it's only one bar per each category. Maybe I'm missing a setting on the dashboard?  Also neither one - phone app or dashboard show how may hits  per club, although it does show frequency, which at least as this point is not meaningful to me. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/5/2021 at 9:03 PM, tony@CIC said:

I did the same thing when I had Shotscope, but used liquid nails, instead. It never fell off and I had to pry it off when I got the StrokeLab to test.

To your question about significance: for us rank amateurs, I would think closer to 20, but depends on your issue - if you are a decent ball-striker but tend to spray the ball, it could be a little sooner than if you struggle with too many fat/thin, if that makes sense.

I also had the issue early that my 6, 7, and 8 all said the same distance because the par 3's at our league course are all similar in length, but depending on the wind, it could be either of those clubs.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

What numbers do you use?

P-average. No system, that I know of will take conditions into account.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, MattF said:

P-average. No system, that I know of will take conditions into account.

P-average here as well.  Seems to match up to numbers I can count on in a good situation.  Rough?  Uphill downhill?  Wind?  Those are variables that will play in the club selection just like in the world without the p-average numbers.

That said, are the numbers perfect?  Not with me swinging the club!  But I greatly appreciate having a better baseline than what I had before.

We now have strokes gained metrics and we can compare ourselves against different handicaps.  If I compare myself to a 10 hcp and see that I’m X strokes plus/minus from that average, can I roughly assume I’m X strokes away in handicap as well?

I don’t carry a handicap and probably never will.  Plus I’m too lazy to calculate it myself.  I’m guessing if SS says I’m 1.5 away from a 10 hcp in SG that I am also 1.5 away in handicap as well.  Roughly.

Good assumption?

p.s. - it takes me twice as many words to ask a question as the average person.  That’s my handicap!! 🤣