TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

If you're looking to ad or change out clubs, i.e. wouldn't it be easier just to use one of the extra sensors, X1, etc?

In some cases, yes. But there are a limited number of tags.

You can change out clubs in the bag easily - and each club gets a different color. After 4 or 5 GW clubs, it is very difficult in editing and viewing stats to remember which GW color is the "Ping 52" and which is the "Mizuno 52" if that makes sense. Can always go the bag section and see but that is not always convenient.

And where you create a 2nd "Ping 425" driver because you swapped the shaft out and want the stats tracked separately. Now you have two "Ping 425" drivers in your club area and unless you can remember which color is which shaft you can't tell the difference. After 5 or 6 shafts it becomes impossible for an old guy like me. Maybe trying to use the system to track performance stats for that many different shafts is beyond what the system is designed to do - but to me would not be difficult to extend.

Besides I think it would be cute to see my favorite wedge named "floppy" displayed on the performance page instead of just a Blue color "LW"😀

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

15 hours ago, Thin2win said:

So I just opened to app to look at the options, and sure enough there are some new changes, you can select by year, last 15, 10, 5 or 1 rounds, and you can now have it only show active clubs (which is really a nice change). Your playing average will auto adjust to whatever limit you select. 

2110806911_SmartSelect_20210725-174048_ShotScope.jpg.9f994f3cf605a2ed58658d19b1c3f9e1.jpg

Well that answered my question about previous years data. I just started using my V3 and only had the following on my settings.

753826451_Screenshot2021-07-25at8_48_45PM.png.8e214217457fdec6e0cd5fb610aa5425.png 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I just recently purchased a ShotScope v3.  After two rounds, I am impressed.  It has not missed a single shot.  Comparatively, Arccos was missing about 20% of shots for me with either a phone or AppleWatch.

A couple of notes:

Shotscope suggests that you take a practice swing before your shot.  It wakes up the watch.  I don't like to take practice swings so this has been an adjustment.  But a half-hearted 50% effort swing has been good enough.  Unintended consequence, I was pitching around on the tee with my 58* wedge since the hole was backed up.  Later when I looked at my stats I noted that it captured my drive as having been hit by the wedge.  Easy edit.

Distance from the pin accuracy is limited by the precision of GPS.  So an 8 ft putt can be registered as 15.  I want distance to the pin to be accurate since I am working on my short game.  So after my first put, I take deliberate 1 yard steps to the pin to determine the distance.  Then I just write it on my scorecard and edit in ShotScope if needed.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

Here's a fix for those V3 owners that don't have a 'state of charge'' when the watch is plugged in. My watch looked like this when it was being charged so never knew if or when it was fully charged. 

IMG_8341.jpg.441d977274ec7fd2a6515a32301b7c36.jpg

And the fix:

Could you please try reverting your firmware back to the original firmware that the watch came with as this has been known to solve these sort of issues.

To revert the firmware on the watch to the original 'golden firmware' please follow the instructions below:

1. Make sure the watch is turned off. If you cannot turn the watch off normally then please hold the top left button down for 15-20 seconds.
2. With the screen off, hold down the bottom left and right buttons.
3. Whilst still holding down those buttons, press the top left button once and then release. A V3 logo should appear on the screen. If this does not appear then start from the beginning.
4. Continue to hold down these two bottom buttons for 40 seconds. This should reset the firmware.
5. After this is done, connect the watch to the mobile app and update the firmware/go through on boarding. It is very important to do this straight after the reset.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I just recently purchased a ShotScope v3.  After two rounds, I am impressed.  It has not missed a single shot.  Comparatively, Arccos was missing about 20% of shots for me with either a phone or AppleWatch.

A couple of notes:

Shotscope suggests that you take a practice swing before your shot.  It wakes up the watch.  I don't like to take practice swings so this has been an adjustment.  But a half-hearted 50% effort swing has been good enough.  Unintended consequence, I was pitching around on the tee with my 58* wedge since the hole was backed up.  Later when I looked at my stats I noted that it captured my drive as having been hit by the wedge.  Easy edit.

Distance from the pin accuracy is limited by the precision of GPS.  So an 8 ft putt can be registered as 15.  I want distance to the pin to be accurate since I am working on my short game.  So after my first put, I take deliberate 1 yard steps to the pin to determine the distance.  Then I just write it on my scorecard and edit in ShotScope if needed.

@GolfSpy_APH can you move this to the Shotscope Users Thread. Thx. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

@GolfSpy_APH can you move this to the Shotscope Users Thread. Thx. 

Done and done

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I was missing some shots, usually approach shots with my wedges, so I emailed support. They told me to test each club sensor by laying the watc( on the edge of the counter then placing each club, one at a time, perpendicular to the watch about 2 inches above and see if it registers the club.  I did this and all registered within a few inches.

Then I figured with the watch showing the last club, I started taking a practice swing then looking to see if the club registered.  At 70 yrs old I don’t always take practice swings to keep from wearing out, but this actually works!  Have not missed as many lately.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

39 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

At 70 yrs old 

Foz, 70 is the new 50. 😉

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/28/2021 at 7:43 AM, tony@CIC said:

Here's a fix for those V3 owners that don't have a 'state of charge'' when the watch is plugged in. My watch looked like this when it was being charged so never knew if or when it was fully charged. 

IMG_8341.jpg.441d977274ec7fd2a6515a32301b7c36.jpg

And the fix:

Could you please try reverting your firmware back to the original firmware that the watch came with as this has been known to solve these sort of issues.

To revert the firmware on the watch to the original 'golden firmware' please follow the instructions below:

1. Make sure the watch is turned off. If you cannot turn the watch off normally then please hold the top left button down for 15-20 seconds.
2. With the screen off, hold down the bottom left and right buttons.
3. Whilst still holding down those buttons, press the top left button once and then release. A V3 logo should appear on the screen. If this does not appear then start from the beginning.
4. Continue to hold down these two bottom buttons for 40 seconds. This should reset the firmware.
5. After this is done, connect the watch to the mobile app and update the firmware/go through on boarding. It is very important to do this straight after the reset.

Thank you for posting this! I've been having more and more issues with missed shots (I always take practice swings & even look to see if the club I'm swinging is registered before the real swing) and thought a factory reset would probably be the 1st thing to try. I've done the reset and will play tomorrow at the same course that I just played where 4 shots were missed. I'll report back as to whether it helped.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

I'll add my $0.02, I have the Shotscope setup and I love the ease from tee to green as far as tracking shots and getting yardages. For approach shots I love just having green yardages F/M/B as I find pin hunting with a range finder to be more detrimental to actually scoring well versus just going for the green and letting my shot pattern dictate how well I end up. My only gripe is the hazard yardages can be a little strange at times to the point where I would rather a range finder to shoot the hazard and know the carry needed to stay short or fly over. I have not had any issues with it picking up shots from tee to green and I like the aspect of it not slowing down my tempo or routine in any way. On the green I was having some issues with putts not being recorded correctly but after switching from Auto to Manual on the greens it has been great and actually helps with taking my time on each putt.

Driver: :titelist-small: - TSR2 Tensei 1K Pro Orange

Wood: :titelist-small: - TSR2+ Tensei 1k Pro Orange

Irons: :mizuno-small: - MP 241 PW-6

:mizuno-small: - MP 245 4&5 

:titelist-small: - T200 3 Driving Iron

Wedges: :vokey-small: - 54/58 12D

Putter: :L.A.B.:  - Mezz.1 Max

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: - Tour BX

Data: :Arccos:

How many are finding themselves using the "GPS Only" function the majority of the time?  After using my V2 in tracking mode and getting some good data across my set of G410's and woods, I found myself just opting for course information.  I will be moving my RFID tags over to the new set of irons and getting some yardage data on those but, once done, suspect I'll gravitate to GPS Only again. 

Part of it is probably my laziness in not wanting to enter the putts in play, part having to download the data, and the rest that after a point, all the shot data really dosen't tell me what I pretty much know.  How about you?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

29 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

How many are finding themselves using the "GPS Only" function the majority of the time?   

Part of it is probably my laziness in not wanting to enter the putts in play?

I’m still tracking shots but I’ve stopped tracking putts, or at least tracking the exact places on the green.  I try and place the pin in the correct position and where my approach shot ended up.  I only track the number of putts after that.  As you can tell I manually enter putts since I don’t have the tags on the putter.

My thought is I need to see how well my approach’s are doing over time.  Putting?  Not so much.  I don’t have a home course, I play almost all the courses in my area, their speed and slopes vary widely.  Discerning a pattern is hard.

Even before the ‘work from home’ movement I was at home.  There’s no one in locally that I work with so why go into office?  During calls I pick up the putter and practice rolling the ball end over end.  I think that’s more important to my personal game.

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

How many are finding themselves using the "GPS Only" function the majority of the time?  After using my V2 in tracking mode and getting some good data across my set of G410's and woods, I found myself just opting for course information.  I will be moving my RFID tags over to the new set of irons and getting some yardage data on those but, once done, suspect I'll gravitate to GPS Only again. 

Part of it is probably my laziness in not wanting to enter the putts in play, part having to download the data, and the rest that after a point, all the shot data really dosen't tell me what I pretty much know.  How about you?

I'm tracking shots, but I'm probably only about 20 rounds into it. I'm looking to update my yardage chart so the tracking part is important to me. Not sure what I'll do after as full season - but our winds can be so screwy that I'll need lots to yds to get good P-Avg numbers. 

However, I find the GPS less accurate - not sure if that's typical of GPS devices. The way I have checked it: say the pin is in the middle at 150 and I laser it at 150. when I get to another mark - say 50 yards via laser the always be off a several yards. So for me the Laser is still an important tool in my bag. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

22 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm tracking shots, but I'm probably only about 20 rounds into it. I'm looking to update my yardage chart so the tracking part is important to me. Not sure what I'll do after as full season - but our winds can be so screwy that I'll need lots to yds to get good P-Avg numbers. 

However, I find the GPS less accurate - not sure if that's typical of GPS devices. The way I have checked it: say the pin is in the middle at 150 and I laser it at 150. when I get to another mark - say 50 yards via laser the always be off a several yards. So for me the Laser is still an important tool in my bag. 

That's interesting.  My V2 is really close to what lasers come up with and +/- 2 to 3 yards is accurate enough for my game.  I'm going to go in a manually delete all my rounds when I start tracking the ZX5's.

20 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That's interesting.  My V2 is really close to what lasers come up with and +/- 2 to 3 yards is accurate enough for my game.  I'm going to go in a manually delete all my rounds when I start tracking the ZX5's.

I'm not sure if it's a proximity issue, meaning the closer you get the less accurate or could be gps satellite issue - that particular day. Regardless, I'll still use my PP  LRF. Don't quote me but it seems like the variance was upwards of about 8-9 yds - which would make a difference to me.  The other reason for using LRF is for slope - which could mean 1 club difference on our course. 

On the data it'd sure be nice to be able to export it into excel. That way you can graph performance of your soon to be ZX5's against your old clubs. Guess you can probably tell I'm a bit data centric.😉  Another way to compare data is to save previous years and just delete 2021 rounds.  Looks like the latter would be a manual process (round by round), but at least it would be there for a comparison. 

Oh and when are you going to pop for a V3, Bill? They had a father's day sale you missed - may be another one coming up. 

Tony 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

32 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Oh and when are you going to pop for a V3, Bill? They had a father's day sale you missed - may be another one coming up. 

Hey, I sprung for the black belt to go with my black golf shoes... that's progress 🙂.

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hey, I sprung for the black belt to go with my black golf shoes... that's progress 🙂.

Glad you didn't say you popped for a white belt to match your white shoes. 😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, MIgregb said:

Thank you for posting this! I've been having more and more issues with missed shots (I always take practice swings & even look to see if the club I'm swinging is registered before the real swing) and thought a factory reset would probably be the 1st thing to try. I've done the reset and will play tomorrow at the same course that I just played where 4 shots were missed. I'll report back as to whether it helped.

So it will be a bit longer before I can truly report back that the factory reset corrected my missed shots issue, because I didn't realize until I was already at the course that one of the tags had fallen off 😠. However, it does appear that all of my other shots did record. Once again, I'll report back after my next round, hopefully tomorrow.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

Yesterday, my Final Round at Pebble Creek, I only had to edit 5 shots on the front and none on the back.  If I take a practice swing then check to see if my club registered, I won’t have to edit.  Usually, it is the 54* wedge.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So I enabled "Leaderboard" on my account.  I've only played 27 holes so far.  My best drive has been 263 yards.  That put me in  9,700th place out of 12,000.  Now I know that 263 yards is not great, but I did not expect it to be in the bottom 20th percentile.

There appear to be hundreds if not thousands of drives > 400 yards.  Is that true, or is it more likely that someone forgot to tag their second shot and that distance is really two shots rather than one?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
Axis1 Rose putter

2 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

So I enabled "Leaderboard" on my account.  I've only played 27 holes so far.  My best drive has been 263 yards.  That put me in  9,700th place out of 12,000.  Now I know that 263 yards is not great, but I did not expect it to be in the bottom 20th percentile.

There appear to be hundreds if not thousands of drives > 400 yards.  Is that true, or is it more likely that someone forgot to tag their second shot and that distance is really two shots rather than one?

Given your stats that would put my drives at the bottom 1%😎 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

That put me in  9,700th place out of 12,000.  Now I know that 263 yards is not great, but I did not expect it to be in the bottom 20th percentile.

There appear to be hundreds if not thousands of drives > 400 yards.

Are you looking at the global scoreboard or the MGS board?  The right scoreboard can ease the pain a little.

Globally I’m 5363 but on the MGS board I’m all the way up to 67th 💪

And who is this D Ryan person with a 405yd drive?

The majority of the over 350 yard drives are either liars, dreamers or forgot to tag their second shot.

I'm 70th on MGS and 5734th Global for longest driver distance. But 53rd on MGS and 3283rd Global for average driver distance.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

23 minutes ago, MattF said:

The majority of the over 350 yard drives are either liars, dreamers or forgot to tag their second shot.

I'm 70th on MGS and 5734th Global for longest driver distance. But 53rd on MGS and 3283rd Global for average driver distance.

What's the code for the MGS leaderboard? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Are you looking at the global scoreboard or the MGS board?  The right scoreboard can ease the pain a little.

Globally I’m 5363 but on the MGS board I’m all the way up to 67th 💪

And who is this D Ryan person with a 405yd drive?

Global. How do I access the MGS board?

Axis1 Rose putter

46 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Global. How do I access the MGS board?

That was the question I addressed in my previous post  - you need the 6 character reference - see the lower right hand portion of the screenshot. 

image.png.358de465f6662d7b3af8e4a5fb32a9c3.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That was the question I addressed in my previous post  - you need the 6 character reference - see the lower right hand portion of the screenshot. 

image.png.358de465f6662d7b3af8e4a5fb32a9c3.png

Thank you.  "MGS" is not the right code, correct?

Axis1 Rose putter

7 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Thank you.  "MGS" is not the right code, correct?

That didn't work for me. The menu says 6 characters. I'm sure @MattF will pip in soon on the code. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

i'm considering buying a shotscope v3 this winter, but i absolutely HATE gadgets and technology that isn't super user friendly.

so, walk me through this:

how much fiddling and tinkering do you have to do with either your watch or your phone in a round of golf? is there a long editing process after the round? does wearing/using the watch take away from actually playing golf at all when you're out on the course?

thanks all!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

i'm considering buying a shotscope v3 this winter, but i absolutely HATE gadgets and technology that isn't super user friendly.

so, walk me through this:

how much fiddling and tinkering do you have to do with either your watch or your phone in a round of golf? is there a long editing process after the round? does wearing/using the watch take away from actually playing golf at all when you're out on the course?

thanks all!

You dont need to do ANY fiddling with the phone during the round.  For best results, you have to press a button on the watch when you are done putting.  This is to mark the location of the pin.

You DO have to do post round editing.  Not for missed shots.  That hasn't happened to me yet.  But the amount depends on how accurate you want your short game results to be.  Here's what I mean:

- You are still dependent on the precision of GPS.  So while 1 or 2 yards is fine on a driver or iron shot, it can be a 3 to 6 foot (or more) difference in distance to the hole.  That's a lot when you want to see if your pitching, chipping or putting is improving.

- If that matters to you (it does to me), I've developed the following routine.  After I hit my first putt, I walk out the distance to the hole using the old "1 yard step."  When I'm done with the hole, I write that distance on the scorecard.  My post round edit is to move the landing spot of the shot that hit the green to match that distance.  It takes about 15 minutes to be honest, so not trivial.

- And if you have penalties, there's some work there too.

Axis1 Rose putter