Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

7 minutes ago, CWilson216 said:

Well I was excited to give manual putting a try, however after watching @MattF yesterday forget / miss several putts and pin locations. More so marking the putts, going to pin collect then realizing he forgot to mark the first putt.

Manual putting was bad for me for the first 2 rounds, then it was second nature and I almost never miss a location or putt. But those first 2 rounds were rough. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

15 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

Well I was excited to give manual putting a try, however after watching @MattF yesterday forget / miss several putts and pin locations. More so marking the putts, going to pin collect then realizing he forgot to mark the first putt.

Yep. As soon as I got home I changed it back to auto. It would take more getting into the habit than I was willing to try.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a V3 for my wife and I'm going to download the app tonight onto her ipad. Just curious - is there any or much difference in capabilities between the app and the desktop dashboard. I just use my phone to edit since I don't have an ipad. Occasionally I do go onto the dashboard on my PC but haven't paid much attention to the differences if any. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Just ordered a V3 for my wife and I'm going to download the app tonight onto her ipad. Just curious - is there any or much difference in capabilities between the app and the desktop dashboard. I just use my phone to edit since I don't have an ipad. Occasionally I do go onto the dashboard on my PC but haven't paid much attention to the differences if any. 

Interestingly, the app has strokes gained while the dashboard does not.  Maybe someone will correct me on that, but I have not been able to find it on the dashboard.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Interestingly, the app has strokes gained while the dashboard does not.  Maybe someone will correct me on that, but I have not been able to find it on the dashboard.

Nope you have that one right its a little annoying and not sure why it just can be in both places.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

So, for those who used SS and Arccos, which do you prefer? My Arccos comes due next month but if SS is on par, i may consider switching due to no subscription needed.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

8 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

So, for those who used SS and Arccos, which do you prefer? My Arccos comes due next month but if SS is on par, i may consider switching due to no subscription needed.

I have used both and at this time they are pretty similar. They both now offer strokes gained across various handicaps, though shot scope is in their app only. Arccos visuals are much better personally, but nothing to get over there. I found neither to miss many shots, and personally I wear a watch all the time anyway to that's no big deal for me. I find both still take some time to edit the putting correctly. One other small note is that I use manual putt tracking on the watch which I find a bit easier, so I have not use the putting tag so can't speak to that accuracy.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

I've used both, but my experience with SS was with the V2. If you can find it, there was a thread I started about a year ago (???) that had input from a few of us that had used both. With the improvements both are making, the differences seem to get smaller. I loved SS's putting stats, but Arccos' overall data presentation seemed better to me at that time. The last update from Arccos seems to be a pretty good step towards improving their putting stats. Personally, I am not a fan of the subscription model, but my sensors are grand-fathered in to the "one-time" fee era. If/when these sensors stop working, there is a good chance I will switch back to SS for stat tracking. I'm not a fan of wearing a watch while I play, but I got over it pretty quickly the first time around (and that thing was enormous).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 minute ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've used both, but my experience with SS was with the V2. If you can find it, there was a thread I started about a year ago (???) that had input from a few of us that had used both. With the improvements both are making, the differences seem to get smaller. I loved SS's putting stats, but Arccos' overall data presentation seemed better to me at that time. The last update from Arccos seems to be a pretty good step towards improving their putting stats. Personally, I am not a fan of the subscription model, but my sensors are grand-fathered in to the "one-time" fee era. If/when these sensors stop working, there is a good chance I will switch back to SS for stat tracking. I'm not a fan of wearing a watch while I play, but I got over it pretty quickly the first time around (and that thing was enormous).

Yes that V3 looks a lot better than the V2

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

I've mentioned somewhere along the way that I have SS and wife has ARRCOS. Her subscription is up this month and I bought her SS V3. She has also been using Golf Buddy for distances and I have more negative comments to say about that device than any other technology on the golf course - sometimes she has to reboot it 2 - 3 times before it acquires the course.  So she was looking at the watch as a substitute for the Golf Buddy and additionally she doesn't like the subscription model. There were other issues for the switch besides the subscription, like having to wear the phone (the Link was always an issue even after being replaced) and missed shots, etc. 

Both of us use shot tracking primarily and found only minor editing required. We use the putter sensor and so far it's worked well. While stokes gained is available, we're not at a point where we are using it - that's not to say we won't in the future. Seems to me both SS and ARRCOS are effective tools, just depends on how much you want to spend and what you're comfortable with  - SS on your wrist or phone in your pocket etc. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/15/2021 at 9:59 AM, tony@CIC said:

Need to understand the dashboard a bit better. Attached is a pic of one hole played yesterday - two questions:

1. Each of the club numbers have distances in 2 columns. What I'm interested is in the second column ( one on the right).

2. I have a number of holes where the putter distance is logged as 2 feet. In this example - you can see in the pic 2 putts at 2 feet. I do have the sensor on my putter and on most putts it does show the actual distance 

Shotscope.png

Just catching up on this thread so don't know if these questions have already been answered........

#1. Distances, in grey, in the right column are yards remaining to the hole (in a straight line, to the center of the green).

#2. All putts under 2 feet are recorded as "2 feet" (you can adjust that in editing if you prefer, but the current putting performance stats will not show you your Make% at 2 feet vs at 3 feet, for example).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Well, first big problem cropped up today.

Mid-round, on 13 or 14, the display stopped updating.  It showed 5xx yards to go even as I was on my second and third shots.  But it was registering which club I was swinging.  After a couple of holes it never changed so I powered it off.

Powered back on, now the display shows 999 in place of any other number.  I’ve turned it off and on several times, still see the triple nine’s.

I’ve opened a case with SS, fingers crossed there is a way to reset the watch.

7 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Mid-round, on 13 or 14, the display stopped updating.  It showed 5xx yards to go even as I was on my second and third shots.  But it was registering which club I was swinging.  After a couple of holes it never changed so I powered it off.

Powered back on, now the display shows 999 in place of any other number.  I’ve turned it off and on several times, still see the triple nine’s.

I have experienced this also.  

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
Axis1 Rose putter

And? How was it fixed? Did you do a complete reset, did Shot Scope fix it or send you a new unit?

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

50 minutes ago, MattF said:

And? How was it fixed? Did you do a complete reset, did Shot Scope fix it or send you a new unit?

I havent figured it out.  I turned it off for the rest of the round.  Next round went fine.  Then it happened again. I dont have a fix.

Axis1 Rose putter

I havent figured it out.  I turned it off for the rest of the round.  Next round went fine.  Then it happened again. I dont have a fix.

V2 or V3? Keep us tuned in on SS response 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

That's odd. You might try a hard reset, if it's the V3. If that doesn't work, Shot Scope CS is really very good.

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

V2 or V3? Keep us tuned in on SS response 

👍

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:22 PM, tony@CIC said:

I've mentioned somewhere along the way that I have SS and wife has ARRCOS. Her subscription is up this month and I bought her SS V3. She has also been using Golf Buddy for distances and I have more negative comments to say about that device than any other technology on the golf course - sometimes she has to reboot it 2 - 3 times before it acquires the course.  So she was looking at the watch as a substitute for the Golf Buddy and additionally she doesn't like the subscription model. There were other issues for the switch besides the subscription, like having to wear the phone (the Link was always an issue even after being replaced) and missed shots, etc. 

Both of us use shot tracking primarily and found only minor editing required. We use the putter sensor and so far it's worked well. While stokes gained is available, we're not at a point where we are using it - that's not to say we won't in the future. Seems to me both SS and ARRCOS are effective tools, just depends on how much you want to spend and what you're comfortable with  - SS on your wrist or phone in your pocket etc. 

What kind of problems were you having with the Arccos link?  I just restarted using Arccos for stat tracking again and thought about getting the link so I didn't have to have the phone in my pocket the entire round.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

20 hours ago, toehold57 said:

SS responded with a request to logout of the app, iPhone in this case, and log back in.  Then resync the course I was playing.

On their end they “reprocessed the course mapping”.

I’ve followed their directions but it will be tomorrow before I can swing by the course to see if behaves correctly.

Fingers crossed, I do like the watch and what it does for me.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

What kind of problems were you having with the Arccos link?  I just restarted using Arccos for stat tracking again and thought about getting the link so I didn't have to have the phone in my pocket the entire round.

MDGolfHacker

My wife was missing shots with it - and she didn't like it on either belt of pocket. As I mentioned earlier she was also using it in conjunction with her 'golf buddy'. That combo was not as convenient as using just the SS watch. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Since Manual putting mode was mentioned in an earlier post - just curious who uses manual vs auto and why? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/31/2021 at 3:31 PM, tony@CIC said:

However, I find the GPS less accurate - not sure if that's typical of GPS devices. The way I have checked it: say the pin is in the middle at 150 and I laser it at 150. when I get to another mark - say 50 yards via laser the always be off a several yards. So for me the Laser is still an important tool in my bag. 

I think you have to be careful with what you think is the "middle" by sight .. plus the V3 is supposed to give you what they call dynamic yardages to F/M/B depending on _your_ position relative to the green .. eg. you're in front of a green that's long front to back and narrow side to side, vs you're off to one side of the green. 

But as I understand the "middle" yardage it's going to be the geographic center equidistant (as possible) to the edges of the green .. ie. a fixed coordinate on the green.

Also if you have a slope adjusted laser that might account for a few yards of difference?

Also, fyi, re: accuracy - in Settings there is an option to change GPS from "L1" to "L1 + L5" .. they say this *may* be more accurate (and use more battery), but - it depends on the GPS signal your watch can receive in your area.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 8/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Larryw said:

I don't even have the tag in my putter. Manual works much better for me.

I think I'm gonna try that out .. do find myself editing a lot of putt and pin positions.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

I think you have to be careful with what you think is the "middle" by sight .. plus the V3 is supposed to give you what they call dynamic yardages to F/M/B depending on _your_ position relative to the green .. eg. you're in front of a green that's long front to back and narrow side to side, vs you're off to one side of the green. 

But as I understand the "middle" yardage it's going to be the geographic center equidistant (as possible) to the edges of the green .. ie. a fixed coordinate on the green.

Also if you have a slope adjusted laser that might account for a few yards of difference?

Also, fyi, re: accuracy - in Settings there is an option to change GPS from "L1" to "L1 + L5" .. they say this *may* be more accurate (and use more battery), but - it depends on the GPS signal your watch can receive in your area.

Interesting - I didn't realize there was a GPS accuracy setting - so I learned something new today - thx. 

As to slope - yes I do have slope on my Precision Pro NX9 HD. Also I use an app called ezlocator which I have on all the time in my cart which also helps. 

IMG_8422.PNG.d860190b9fe6870e8d8928aea443344c.PNG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 9/1/2021 at 8:12 AM, tony@CIC said:

Yes they're pretty different; the desktop version has more graphs and it's all presented in a different way.

Interesting, the URL contains "V2" - I'd asked support if that meant there is .. or if there is under development .. a V3 version of the dashboard. Have not heard back (I suspect it may be in development?).

For editing your round - it may be me starting to get arthritic fingers but I CANNOT do it on my phone .. I always use the desktop.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 11:03 PM, toehold57 said:

On 9/10/2021 at 6:32 AM, Dr Strangelove said:

Hmm.. I wonder if the course mapping is off - eg. course was updated / re-routed - so SS would need to re-map it in their database..?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

For those just starting out with SS - here's a great link on shot/hole editing. This is a desktop version, I think there's a mobile version also. 

And the mobile version

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 9/12/2021 at 11:39 AM, cksurfdude said:

I think I'm gonna try that out .. do find myself editing a lot of putt and pin positions.

I went to manual putting a few weeks ago. After a couple of rounds having to focus on pushing the button before I walk away from the spot of the putt, it's become 2nd nature. I often had missed putts on auto so I much prefer this method.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

23 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I went to manual putting a few weeks ago. After a couple of rounds having to focus on pushing the button before I walk away from the spot of the putt, it's become 2nd nature. I often had missed putts on auto so I much prefer this method.

Ok I confess - I don't know the difference or the benefits of manual putting over auto. SS instructions only show how to change the settings from one to another but not explain the difference. FYI I do have the Putter tag installed, my watch is set on auto and I have been recording the # of putts over the hole. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart