TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

On 9/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, toehold57 said:

Does your watch work with other courses?  Or is it dorked up on all courses?

I have a V3

Sorry for the late response, life happens at times.

I have not made it back to the course where the watch flaked out but I did play 9 at another course this afternoon.  Result?  No drama.  Expected behavior all the way around.  Maybe it was loaded course and not the watch.

I have an issue when I miss a green. Say I miss a green 15 yards left and the cart path is to the right of the green. When I walk across the green to get to the ball, the screen changes to putting mode and I can’t figure out a way to get it back to “approach” mode to record the pitch shot. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

50 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I have an issue when I miss a green. Say I miss a green 15 yards left and the cart path is to the right of the green. When I walk across the green to get to the ball, the screen changes to putting mode and I can’t figure out a way to get it back to “approach” mode to record the pitch shot. 

When I first got the V2, there was talk about making sure you didn't cut across the green - make the longer walk around it. Not sure how to get out of putting mode any more, though.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, Hook DeLoft said:

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

25 minutes ago, MattF said:

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

Thanks.  I'll try those.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

21 hours ago, MattF said:

My problem with going through the putt screens is sometimes it will show "Pick up" The only way to get back to approach is to walk away from green at that point. It's one reason I am still flirting with the idea of manual putting. I don't think the putt screen occurs until I activate it and can see distance of last shot etc while on the green ??

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, MattF said:

See my post above. You can only have one club per tag in your SS bag at any time. So, if you switch drivers, you need to change it in the My Bag section before you play.

Thx, Matt, got it. I should've been more clear .. my question was actually for @Larryw and how does he keep track of which driver + shaft combo is which for which shot, but I'm guessing he's doing that manually in his spreadsheet?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thx, Matt, got it. I should've been more clear .. my question was actually for @Larryw and how does he keep track of which driver + shaft combo is which for which shot, but I'm guessing he's doing that manually in his spreadsheet?

Does ShotScope still provide 3 or 4 extra tags? Seems to me that would be an easy way to separate clubs you might be testing.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

6 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Does ShotScope still provide 3 or 4 extra tags? Seems to me that would be an easy way to separate clubs you might be testing.

V3 comes with 16 tags; V2 used to include 20. So depending on your bag setup you could use eg. X1 and X2 for experimenting.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 9/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, MIgregb said:

Absolutely! And that points to a characteristic/function/quirk that seems to be the root cause of most of my issues with accurate recording. SS doesn't have a clue as to when you "hit" a shot, just when the tag syncs up with the watch. For example, if you grab your driver holding it in your watch hand and stand behind others as they're hitting and then walk up to take your turn, it may, depending on how far you were standing as you waited, record 2 shots. One where you were waiting, one where you hit.

To prevent the erroneous shot, I'll use the bottom left/right buttons to go back a hole and then return to the one I'm playing. That wipes out the club sync and seems to start fresh on that hole. I've only done that on the tee so I don't know whether that only wipes out that one sync or the entire hole; meaning it'll wipe out any previous shots made on that hole. I'll test that out today. I'm playing my league round on a sh*t course that isn't GAM rated (so I can't use it for handicap anyway) where the old guys I play with make up a bunch of VERY forgiving rules. I look at the round as a practice round that doesn't count for anything so messing up a hole's worth of tracking won't much matter.

So, I tested out my question of whether an entire hole's worth of shots could be wiped out by backing up a hole on the display and then returning to the one I'm playing before completing the hole (see above). It does not. All previous shots (positions) recorded normally. Now it makes me wonder whether I simply hadn't move far enough away from the spot where I noticed the driver was displayed on ShotScope (V3) to where I actually teed off for my original statement to be valid at all. I'll wander farther away next time to see; my guess is that will show 2 shots.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

3 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

My problem with going through the putt screens is sometimes it will show "Pick up" The only way to get back to approach is to walk away from green at that point. It's one reason I am still flirting with the idea of manual putting. I don't think the putt screen occurs until I activate it and can see distance of last shot etc while on the green ??

I notice that sometimes, too. But it seems that if I walk far enough off the green, an "X" at the top-left appears that will remove the putting display and revert to the shot display. However, it doesn't seem matter whether you're in Automatic or Manual putting mode. It's happened in both scenarios to me. I still much prefer the Manual mode (once you get used to pressing buttons, that is)

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

On 9/13/2021 at 5:29 PM, tony@CIC said:

Ok I confess - I don't know the difference or the benefits of manual putting over auto. SS instructions only show how to change the settings from one to another but not explain the difference. FYI I do have the Putter tag installed, my watch is set on auto and I have been recording the # of putts over the hole. 

Geez, I'm sorry. I just realized that I never replied back to you even though a few others echoed my thoughts. My experience with Manual vs Auto putting is that it seems more accurate and dependable. I'm not sure whether the auto putts that I know were missed was because I didn't linger at the putt long enough (read: walked up and swatted it out of frustration!!) or some other reason. And I noticed that additional putts could be recorded on Auto if the watch synced with the putter before I was over mine. But manual putting, so far, has been 100% accurate when I press the button.

BTW, I used strong double sided tape to attached the sensor to my putter. I just thought it'd be easier to remove than glue should I need to.

8 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yes, I keep a list on paper of which shaft is which color in Shot Scope. I put that color in my bag for the day. Shot Scope keeps the stats by color so that part works fine and keeps the stats separate.

I still think it would be nice to be able to "name" my clubs, something like "floppy" for a wedge, or "only trouble" for my 1 iron. (which I use mostly as a punch out for a wayward shot). Would make my stat sheet look so much nicer than "LW" in blue and "X2" in black.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

I just got my V3 in the mail this afternoon and am playing tomorrow, but it's a scramble format.  If I'm not playing my ball all the time, I won't get accurate numbers, will I?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

9 hours ago, JerryB said:

I just got my V3 in the mail this afternoon and am playing tomorrow, but it's a scramble format.  If I'm not playing my ball all the time, I won't get accurate numbers, will I?

Not really. But you can just use GPS mode instead of GPS and Track.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, JerryB said:

Correct. But if you want to record a particularly good shot of yours that doesn't get used in the scramble, you could go to your ball and pick up another club making sure it syncs with the watch before moving on. THAT shot will be accurately recorded. (But beware, you'll get some funky numbers for the next shot you record. Just remember what you did so you don't think you shanked the shot after the beautiful drive!!!)

Once you sync the completed round with the app, you can then look at that shot in the hole-by-hole portion of the app. My Wednesday league plays a 2-man scramble once a month and I've twice had a particularly good drive that we couldn't use because we had to get my partner's shot in. I got it recorded so I could see it later. And even though I couldn't get that shot into the Performance records (only edited & signed off rounds get into the statistics), it gave me an avenue to show off. Hey! Fat-mouthin' rights are important, too!!

On 9/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, MIgregb said:

BTW, I used strong double sided tape to attached the sensor to my putter. I just thought it'd be easier to remove than glue should I need to.

If you're using Manual Putt mode (going to try it myself) do you even need the "P" tag..?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

7 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

If you're using Manual Putt mode (going to try it myself) do you even need the "P" tag..?

No, tag not needed for manual putting mode.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

19 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

11 hours ago, Larryw said:

No, tag not needed for manual putting mode.

Agree! I believe the watch is the actual GPS locator, the tag simply triggers the watch to mark a position. Pressing the button eliminates the need for the tag to mark a position.

I will say that I'm finding the V3 far superior to the V2 in regards to use - However I did encounter a couple of issues with my last round.  The color face display is so easy to see in the bright Florida Summer Sun - huge win for me.

However I did encounter some issues on Sunday.  It failed to register any of my shots on number 1.  I was unable to accurately add the shots that I hit in - I got it to register that I made three but all it did was divide each shot on a straight line from the tee to the hole (which means across a row of OB houses) So effectively it though that I hit 179 yard drive, followed by an 80 yard 9 wood and 80 yard hole out with my lob wedge - In reality it was a about a 225 yard drive to the left side of the fairway (sharp dogleg right), 175 yard 9 wood off the back of the green and then a holed out 25 yard pitch shot with the lob wedge.

I had the divide in half on two other shots that I added after they weren't recorded.  

Is there any remedy for that?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

26 minutes ago, revkev said:

I will say that I'm finding the V3 far superior to the V2 in regards to use - However I did encounter a couple of issues with my last round.  The color face display is so easy to see in the bright Florida Summer Sun - huge win for me.

However I did encounter some issues on Sunday.  It failed to register any of my shots on number 1.  I was unable to accurately add the shots that I hit in - I got it to register that I made three but all it did was divide each shot on a straight line from the tee to the hole (which means across a row of OB houses) So effectively it though that I hit 179 yard drive, followed by an 80 yard 9 wood and 80 yard hole out with my lob wedge - In reality it was a about a 225 yard drive to the left side of the fairway (sharp dogleg right), 175 yard 9 wood off the back of the green and then a holed out 25 yard pitch shot with the lob wedge.

I had the divide in half on two other shots that I added after they weren't recorded.  

I usually have to edit that in the Shot Scope desktop site as best I can, its never great when this happens

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

27 minutes ago, revkev said:

Just now, ejgaudette said:

I usually have to edit that in the Shot Scope desktop site as best I can, its never great when this happens

This ^^ You can edit those shots in the dashboard when you sign off the round. 

In the bag:

Bag: 

27 minutes ago, MattF said:

This ^^ You can edit those shots in the dashboard when you sign off the round. 

That makes sense - of course I'm now two days removed from that round - I may give it a try - I will be sure to do it same day should the same thing happen (when the same thing happens) going forward.  I'm joining a new club - the shot scope v2 always seemed to have trouble with the first hole whenever I played there using it so I'm not shocked that I had issues on Sunday.  I know that the hole was redesigned at some point over the course of the past 10 years.  It used to be a par 5 and was shortened in order to build a driving range.  I'm wondering what would happen if I turned the watch on over by where the old first tee was.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 hours ago, revkev said:

That makes sense - of course I'm now two days removed from that round - I may give it a try - I will be sure to do it same day should the same thing happen (when the same thing happens) going forward.  I'm joining a new club - the shot scope v2 always seemed to have trouble with the first hole whenever I played there using it so I'm not shocked that I had issues on Sunday.  I know that the hole was redesigned at some point over the course of the past 10 years.  It used to be a par 5 and was shortened in order to build a driving range.  I'm wondering what would happen if I turned the watch on over by where the old first tee was.  

Rev!

If you go to the shotscope site, and look under support they have an email address/team specifically there to fix course mapping issues.  I had an issue at one of the local courses that had flipped 9's. I emailed them, and they had it fixed within a couple days. They gave me some direction for deleting and re-adding it(I don't remember what they said). But it instantly solved that issue. 

So if any of you have any course that maps wrong, send them an email with what is wrong and they seem to be very quick in fixing it. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Initially I was always looking at my watch to see if it captured the last club hit and thinking if it didn't I could make a notation on my scorecard to edit it on the dashboard. Fortunately, my V3 has missed very few shots over the past 30 + rounds, especially compared to my wife's ARRCOS. However, I did notice when I set her's up a few weeks ago on the desktop site there was a notation in red adjacent to our course to update it. Could that be the issue? 

Also just curious which course did you join?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

41 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Initially I was always looking at my watch to see if it captured the last club hit and thinking if it didn't I could make a notation on my scorecard to edit it on the dashboard. Fortunately, my V3 has missed very few shots over the past 30 + rounds, especially compared to my wife's ARRCOS. However, I did notice when I set her's up a few weeks ago on the desktop site there was a notation in red adjacent to our course to update it. Could that be the issue? 

Also just curious which course did you join?

I’m joining Seminole Lake CC

Its a better fit than my current club. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

14 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m joining Seminole Lake CC

Its a better fit than my current club. 

Ooooo, that looks like a hell of a nice course and the membership is a great deal.

In the bag:

Bag: 

25 minutes ago, MattF said:

Ooooo, that looks like a hell of a nice course and the membership is a great deal.

It’s actually cheaper than what they show online. I was pleasantly surprised when I chatted with the membership director on Sunday. 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 hours ago, revkev said:

It’s actually cheaper than what they show online. I was pleasantly surprised when I chatted with the membership director on Sunday. 🙂

Even better.

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

Even better.

The 279 for a single full golf is all inclusive - range, bag storage, etc., etc., etc.  Everything except cart fees.  They also have one that is 219 per month and then you pay anything else al la carte - I think that I will do that and just add the range for $30 a month - 

It's a very walkable course and there's no walking fee after noon for members.  It's less than half the cost of my current club and the course is in better shape (my current club is a Fazio course, it's a stronger, better course but they have some significant issues to address starting with 6 or 7 fairways.)  It also has a better array of games for my work schedule - I'd say that Bayou, my current club, is far better for a really strong player or for a retiree who lives in the area - as much as I've enjoyed my time there it is not a good fit for me.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches