TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

1 hour ago, revkev said:

The 279 for a single full golf is all inclusive - range, bag storage, etc., etc., etc.  Everything except cart fees.  They also have one that is 219 per month and then you pay anything else al la carte - I think that I will do that and just add the range for $30 a month

It's a very walkable course and there's no walking fee after noon for members.

That price is amazing. And "very walkable"!! Someday I need to get out of the Metro NY area..........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

18 hours ago, revkev said:

The 279 for a single full golf is all inclusive - range, bag storage, etc., etc., etc.  Everything except cart fees.  They also have one that is 219 per month and then you pay anything else al la carte - I think that I will do that and just add the range for $30 a month - 

It's a very walkable course and there's no walking fee after noon for members.  It's less than half the cost of my current club and the course is in better shape (my current club is a Fazio course, it's a stronger, better course but they have some significant issues to address starting with 6 or 7 fairways.)  It also has a better array of games for my work schedule - I'd say that Bayou, my current club, is far better for a really strong player or for a retiree who lives in the area - as much as I've enjoyed my time there it is not a good fit for me.  

Sweet. I hope I can play a round with you there one day.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Sweet. I hope I can play a round with you there one day.

Maybe a spies meet-up in March? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Maybe a spies meet-up in March? 

That's a given when I come down.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 9/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, toehold57 said:

Sorry for the late response, life happens at times.

I have not made it back to the course where the watch flaked out but I did play 9 at another course this afternoon.  Result?  No drama.  Expected behavior all the way around.  Maybe it was loaded course and not the watch.

And played another round today without any drama.  The course I was playing when it flaked out must have been corrupted cause all seems good now 👍

Edited by toehold57

After today’s round I checked my stats and surprised by one of the strokes gained stats.  Putting.

I had 33 putts in the round but the SG ranking shows a -9+ when compared to a 10hcp.  Does that sound right?  33 putts will put me at a 9 shot deficit against a 10?  Maybe I just don’t understand SG well enough.

0D851DF9-6C7C-468A-84A9-EC8CD7D7E8CE.jpeg

E837EA86-E8DB-4077-B4ED-A5E40A3AF92F.jpeg

13 hours ago, toehold57 said:

After today’s round I checked my stats and surprised by one of the strokes gained stats.  Putting.

I had 33 putts in the round but the SG ranking shows a -9+ when compared to a 10hcp.  Does that sound right?  33 putts will put me at a 9 shot deficit against a 10?  Maybe I just don’t understand SG well enough.

0D851DF9-6C7C-468A-84A9-EC8CD7D7E8CE.jpeg

E837EA86-E8DB-4077-B4ED-A5E40A3AF92F.jpeg

So strokes gained is a bit different than just say a 10 handicap averages 36 putts so if you make 33 putts you gained 3 strokes. 

the easiest example is that say for an 8 foot putt you make them 50% of the time put another way on average it takes you 1.5 putts to hole out from 8 feet on the green. So if you make and 8 footer you holed out in one shot which is 0.5 better than average so they say you gained 0.5 shots on that putt. Conversely if you miss from 8 feet you took 2 shots not 1.5 so you lost 0.5 shots on that hole. 

So then you do this on every shot through out the round seeing how many shots it should take from wherever you are and then subtracting the number of shots expected to hole out from the new position. So in an example that can make you me SG gained putting make some sense. Say a 10 handicap averages 1.5 shots on 7 foot putts and you hit to 7 feet on every hole and two putts on each hole you lost half a shot on each hole putting which will total to losing 9 shots putting for the round. 

So as it relates to shot scope make sure your putting distances are accurate otherwise this can really mess with your stats if they are too long or too short. Hope that helps. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:So as it relates to shot scope make sure your putting distances are accurate otherwise this can really mess with your stats if they are too long or too short. Hope that helps. 

I’m using manual entry for putting so does that mean I will never be able to rely on SG for putting?  I could be wrong but with manual entry the distance is not being recorded.

3 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I’m using manual entry for putting so does that mean I will never be able to rely on SG for putting?  I could be wrong but with manual entry the distance is not being recorded.

Not certain about that.

My understanding is that when you click the 1 button to record the putt - standing over the ball - that SS marks the GPS position and then when you click the pin location - when standing over the hole - SS also marks that GPS position and will then compute all the putt distances from the GPS locations.

So it should be accurate - at least as accurate as the GPS system allows. So definitely should check in editing that the distances look OK to you. Of course that requires a very good memory or jotting down distances to refresh your memory. That accuracy is not critical to me - so I just try to remember exceptional putts and check them during edit. As luck would have it - there are usually not a lot of them.

Requiring close accuracy can get quite time consuming - unless you just trust SS and GPS. I am hoping that errors if they occur, will even out over the season since I play a lot of rounds.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I use manual putt mode as well and as @Larryw mentions it’s only as accurate as the GPS which can be off on free lined courses and such so I always double check the distances when I can. Just takes some editing to make the data accurate and usable. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

I use manual putt mode as well and as @Larryw mentions it’s only as accurate as the GPS which can be off on free lined courses and such so I always double check the distances when I can. Just takes some editing to make the data accurate and usable. 

@ejgaudetteand @Larryw - thanks for the replies.  They are going to drive me back to the docs, I need to read up on manual inputs for putting.  I have been under the impression that if I use the top right button to count the number of putts and then the bottom right button for recording that selection, GPS was not being used.

Methinks I need to get a little more educated 🤔

@Golfspy_CG2 since we have an ongoing 'official test' perhaps you could encourage your contact at SS to participate in this forum? It would only benefit their business. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

@Golfspy_CG2 since we have an ongoing 'official test' perhaps you could encourage your contact at SS to participate in this forum? It would only benefit their business. 

Actually my contact is more on the retail side.  The forum contact is @GolfSpyC  I believe he has encouraged them to do so In thepast. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

15 hours ago, Larryw said:

My understanding is that when you click the 1 button to record the putt - standing over the ball - that SS marks the GPS position and then when you click the pin location - when standing over the hole - SS also marks that GPS position and will then compute all the putt distances from the GPS locations.

This is correct, I've used manual putting since i started using SS because my putter had a weight in the grip and no clean way to attach a tag. 

Whenever you hit the count putt button it flags that GPS location as where you hit it from. 

Don't Putt out then hit the button "2 times" to say you hit it twice, that will give you bad data. I make hitting the "putt" button part of my marking the ball routine. I also make sure I've been in the right spot for a few seconds before hitting it to give the unit time to catch up and give it a good mark. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Was a little bummed out to discover that if I click "pick up" rather than inputting my number of putts, it won't track any of the shots from a hole. 

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Used manual putt mode for the first time today - I like it!

As mentioned in an earlier post, just make it a part of your pre-putt routine to hold the watch skyward for a second and press the "+" button (V3). I think that little pause is actually helpful for me as I too often have a tendency to rush my shots....

And when I looked at my round later (I do my post-round editing on my laptop, not on my phone) pretty much all the putt, and pin, locations looked spot on.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

For you SS editing experts: I noticed for the first time that there was a "!" in red on one of the holes in the place of a green checkmark or a red pencil (for the hole you're editing). This is the first time I've noticed it - but then my eyes aren't great and I do my editing on my iPhone. Any thoughts?

Also I inadvertently added an extra club on one of the holes - how do I delete that club?

I couldn't find answers to either one of the questions on the instructional videos or SS instructions. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

For you SS editing experts: I noticed for the first time that there was a "!" in red on one of the holes in the place of a green checkmark or a red pencil (for the hole you're editing). This is the first time I've noticed it - but then my eyes aren't great and I do my editing on my iPhone. Any thoughts?

It didn't tag the club you used to tee off, so it defaults to "Driver" and then marks that shot with the "!". If you actually did use a driver on that hole then you don't need to change anything, that club will be saved when you;re done editing and click "Save/Exit".

FYI, I mentioned earlier but I always do post-round editing on my desktop/laptop .. my old eyes and clumsy fingers just cannot do it effectively on a smartphone screen..!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

It didn't tag the club you used to tee off, so it defaults to "Driver" and then marks that shot with the "!". If you actually did use a driver on that hole then you don't need to change anything, that club will be saved when you;re done editing and click "Save/Exit".

FYI, I mentioned earlier but I always do post-round editing on my desktop/laptop .. my old eyes and clumsy fingers just cannot do it effectively on a smartphone screen..!

Thanks - I'll be on the lookout for '!" in future edits. BTW I did find how to delete clubs: 

To delete a shot follow the instructions below:

1) Select the shot by tapping on the shot label.

2) Tap on the more options (three dots at the right side of the shot dashboard) and tap where it says ‘Delete Shot’.

3) A pop up will then show with the options to ‘Cancel’ or ‘Delete’, tap the ‘Delete’ option.

mceclip0.png  mceclip1.png 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

To add the the exclamation conversation, it will give you an exclamation if it ever thinks it missed a shot. So if you play a shot from the fairway and it didn't catch your drive it will flag it.

But also if it wants to verify something out of the ordinary. I. E. You make a 70' putt it will flag that too. Or if it doesn't think you really hit your 7i 305y to reach the green in 2 on that par 5. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

On 9/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, Thin2win said:

Don't Putt out then hit the button "2 times" to say you hit it twice, that will give you bad data. 

And this is what I’ve been doing 🙄

Okay, never to late to learn something new!  Thanks guys for teaching an old dog…

1 hour ago, toehold57 said:

And this is what I’ve been doing 🙄

Okay, never to late to learn something new!  Thanks guys for teaching an old dog…

It’s a safe place of learning here 😉

WITB:

I just submitted this to SS support - has anyone else experienced it? 

The last two rounds (I've got 30+ already on the dashboard) when I go to download onto my iphone, I get a message that I have to pair the watch and to use the pairing number on the watch. However there is no pairing number, I just get a normal display on the watch. I've turned both the phone and the watch off - but no success. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I just submitted this to SS support - has anyone else experienced it? 

The last two rounds (I've got 30+ already on the dashboard) when I go to download onto my iphone, I get a message that I have to pair the watch and to use the pairing number on the watch. However there is no pairing number, I just get a normal display on the watch. I've turned both the phone and the watch off - but no success. 

I only had that the first time I got the V3. That's a weird one that it's happening now. Is the firmware up to date?

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I only had that the first time I got the V3. That's a weird one that it's happening now. Is the firmware up to date?

Yes firmware is current. Here's the response and remedy - all good now. 

Could you please turn your watch off and on again. Then go into your Bluetooth settings and remove/delete any mention of Shot Scope V3 if there is any, then make sure Location settings is enabled on your phone. Make sure Shot Scope is also enabled in your "Privacy" section Then enable Bluetooth on your phone, open the Shot Scope app and tap "connect band".

If you are being asked for a pin code and one isn't appearing on the watch you can find a pin code by doing the following:

*Enter the 'Settings' section of the watch
*Then enter the 'Bluetooth' section
*Enter the pin code that appears into the app

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

can someone clear up “manual putting” for me?

when i get on the green, it says “pin collect” and gives me 0,1,2,3,4, or “pick up” as options. 

how do i navigate this?

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

can someone clear up “manual putting” for me?

when i get on the green, it says “pin collect” and gives me 0,1,2,3,4, or “pick up” as options. 

how do i navigate this?

It looks like you are still in automatic putting mode. Manual mode should look like :

V2

SmartSelect_20211002-074535_Chrome.jpg.6f1e667f42a16c4d9ceb91ffe05cffc5.jpg

V3

SmartSelect_20211002-075817_YouTube.jpg.2229cd068c3c3fab0d6331ee0c7bf8e2.jpg

In the mode you are in, it should be tracking your putts, when you hole out you should just need to stand at the pin at hit the "pin collect"(or the pin looking button v3) . I don't use that mode, but I don't think you are required to hit the numbers, but believe you can before you hit "pin collect" just to give the system a double check in case it misses a putt. 

In manual mode (pictured above) you hit the "+" button from each spot that you take a putt. And then "pin collect/pin icon" when you collect your ball out of the hole to mark the pin location and indicate that you are done with the hole. 

Does that help? 

WITB:

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Does that help?

absolutely does! i was in auto putting mode. 

thank you!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Probably overthinking this here...Looking at my short game breakdown I'm more likely to miss short.  (Not so) Hypothetically, if my approach shot were to go past the green, then my chip goes back past the flag, would that technically count as a miss short?  In other words, are these locations static or dynamic?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

59 minutes ago, JerryB said:

would that technically count as a miss short?  In other words, are these locations static or dynamic?

Good question and just guessing off the top of my head (and from my own experience), I'm going with "dynamic" - that is: from your current position relative to the pin where did the ball end up (ie. where are you playing your next shot from?)

So in your example, if my guess is correct, your chip/pitch on would be "long" of the flag.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg