TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

On 10/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, Thin2win said:

It looks like you are still in automatic putting mode. Manual mode should look like :

V2

SmartSelect_20211002-074535_Chrome.jpg.6f1e667f42a16c4d9ceb91ffe05cffc5.jpg

V3

SmartSelect_20211002-075817_YouTube.jpg.2229cd068c3c3fab0d6331ee0c7bf8e2.jpg

In the mode you are in, it should be tracking your putts, when you hole out you should just need to stand at the pin at hit the "pin collect"(or the pin looking button v3) . I don't use that mode, but I don't think you are required to hit the numbers, but believe you can before you hit "pin collect" just to give the system a double check in case it misses a putt. 

In manual mode (pictured above) you hit the "+" button from each spot that you take a putt. And then "pin collect/pin icon" when you collect your ball out of the hole to mark the pin location and indicate that you are done with the hole. 

Does that help? 

When in auto mode, you actually press the number for how many putts you had while at the pin, that is basically the pin collect button.

I normally press the number just before I pick my ball out the hole. I've found auto putting really good, especially if you have a couple of practice strokes, even on the short one.

10 minutes ago, Springveldt said:

When in auto mode, you actually press the number for how many putts you had while at the pin, that is basically the pin collect button.

I normally press the number just before I pick my ball out the hole. I've found auto putting really good, especially if you have a couple of practice strokes, even on the short one.

I use the auto mode as well. The only issues I have are operator related as sometimes I forget to press the number of putts over the hole - resulting in an inaccurate pin location. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I actually switched to manual putting after using auto for a couple of years and it's getting easier to remember. Plus, I don't have to remember to keep the putter away from the watch.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 minutes ago, MattF said:

I actually switched to manual putting after using auto for a couple of years and it's getting easier to remember. Plus, I don't have to remember to keep the putter away from the watch.

Ok, question for any Manual Mode users - do you move your watch-wearing arm around at all, while standing over the ball, just to make sure the GPS is "awake" and marking the location..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Played 9 yesterday and seeing some incorrect data being reported. I had a case of the lefts until #6 yet SSV3 is reporting most of my misses were right, then I started missing right!

54CDD257-6B95-403F-A2C6-AEAB75E06231.jpeg

Probably going to need to edit and make sure it marked you second shot locations correctly for that round. That would be my first guess.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Probably going to need to edit and make sure it marked you second shot locations correctly for that round. That would be my first guess.

Good point but looking at the position where the tee shots ended up, they are all on the correct side.  It looks like SS is reporting it incorrectly on the Performance page.

11 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Good point but looking at the position where the tee shots ended up, they are all on the correct side.  It looks like SS is reporting it incorrectly on the Performance page.

Well thats not good then, time for a call to Shot Scope support I think

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Ok, question for any Manual Mode users - do you move your watch-wearing arm around at all, while standing over the ball, just to make sure the GPS is "awake" and marking the location..?

I don't wave it around, but I do stand where I want it for a few seconds before I mark to give it time to synch. I haven't had an issue with location doing it that way. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Why on a 9 hole course does the V2 ask if you want to play the "back nine" and, when you press the yes, it then asks to select the course again?  Where else would I be playing the back nine?  Does the V3 do that? Yeah, I know, get a life Bill 😆.

My 27 holes yesterday took 4 hours, playing 2 ball, and the battery finally went out on my second shots into #9 (hole #27). That's not bad. Have any of you V3 users played extended periods to see how long a fully charged battery lasts?  Note that I use "GPS Tracking Only" option as I no longer use the RFID tags.

It just dawned on me that I played an entire 3 day Champions Tour event in 4 hours... walking 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

At the nine hole course I play, I haven't been asked to play the "back nine."

I played 18 on a Friday, left the V3 on, played 18 on Sunday afternoon and it didn't quite die on me; was on 2% when I plugged it in back home.  Used GPS+tracking, or whatever it's called.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

52 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Why on a 9 hole course does the V2 ask if you want to play the "back nine" and, when you press the yes, it then asks to select the course again? 

Believe V3 does that as well.  I’ve never followed up on that but I’ve seen that prompt.

But…. My 9 hole course also has a 9 hole par three sitting side by side

17 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

No because it's always awake. The tags need some moving to make sure that they're awake.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have any of you V3 users played extended periods to see how long a fully charged battery lasts?

I can play a 5 hour 18 hole round (muni life) and still have about 60% battery left.

In the bag:

Bag: 

4 hours ago, MattF said:

I can play a 5 hour 18 hole round (muni life) and still have about 60% battery left.

Same here. I think the published stats are 2 - 18 hole rounds before recharging. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

17 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Believe V3 does that as well.  I’ve never followed up on that but I’ve seen that prompt.

But…. My 9 hole course also has a 9 hole par three sitting side by side

Hmmm, I've played a few of my 9 hole courses here and haven't been given that prompt, I had to start completely over in "finding" the course.  I'll have to look at my options closer next time.  I always thought it would be nice if it asked if you were playing again.  

What would be cool is if you could change the tee boxes you played from during this "back 9".  What my buddies and I do is we'll play one round from the whites, then one round from the tips (rarely more than a 20yd difference), or will alternate odd even holes doing this, just to change up the look of the holes. 

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

4 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

What would be cool is if you could change the tee boxes you played from

Not sure that it matters w/r/t any of the shot stats tracking.

If the app were calculating a handicap .. and if it had all the right rating info for all the tee boxes .. then yeah it could make a difference.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Hmmm, I've played a few of my 9 hole courses here and haven't been given that prompt, I had to start completely over in "finding" the course.  I'll have to look at my options closer next time.  I always thought it would be nice if it asked if you were playing again.  

What would be cool is if you could change the tee boxes you played from during this "back 9".  What my buddies and I do is we'll play one round from the whites, then one round from the tips (rarely more than a 20yd difference), or will alternate odd even holes doing this, just to change up the look of the holes. 

Just to add - it'd also be nice if there was a notes section for the round. That way you could add in the comments about different tee boxes - but also course conditions like a 20 mph headwind. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just to add - it'd also be nice if there was a notes section for the round. That way you could add in the comments about different tee boxes - but also course conditions like a 20 mph headwind. 

Yes! I recently emailed support about.. 'wouldn't it be nice to have a little text box - for each shot - to note a user comment, if desired"

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yes! I recently emailed support about.. 'wouldn't it be nice to have a little text box - for each shot - to note a user comment, if desired"

My notes would all say things like "find a new hobby", "doesn't it suck when your best isn't good enough", "the green breaks the other way", "who would build a house right there?! " 

But ummm, what would you write down? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

12 hours ago, Thin2win said:

But ummm, what would you write down? 

Actually lots of 'course conditions'. For instance playing right after the greens were punched and sanded, high winds as previously mentioned, cold weather and you're bundled up with several layers, etc. I'll generally remember those conditions for a short while but playing lots of rounds and then looking back after a season - well my memory isn't that good. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I played 18 today but we stopped to eat at the turn.  I never remember off the top of my head how to pause the round (side note- what a pain to hide that option the way they do) and by the time we hit the back nine I couldn't resume the round and had to start a new one.  Is there an easy way to combine these "two rounds" into the actual single round?  I know I could manually add in the shots but that's more trouble than it's worth.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

10 hours ago, JerryB said:

I played 18 today but we stopped to eat at the turn.  I never remember off the top of my head how to pause the round (side note- what a pain to hide that option the way they do) and by the time we hit the back nine I couldn't resume the round and had to start a new one.  Is there an easy way to combine these "two rounds" into the actual single round?  I know I could manually add in the shots but that's more trouble than it's worth.

That's interesting - I figured it would just continue. I know that after 18 it asks if I want to end the round. My condo is close to the first tee and after 18 if I don't confirm end round, it picks up the first hole. 

Unrelated, I was playing around with the app last night and saw a selection to opt out the round from the Performance Statistics. There are times when I have a tough round that's not representative of my normal game and I don't want to include the stats. What I did in the past is deleting the round. This way I can keep it and just uncheck it in the edit feature. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

8 hours ago, JerryB said:

Besides doing it manually I think the only other way is emailing support.

In the bag:

Bag: 

9 hours ago, JerryB said:

I don’t pause when making the turn for this reason specifically. I’m not usually in the clubhouse that long and if my round says 4:15…. I really know it was closer to 4hrs.  The pause is a pain but I’m now only using it before the round and praying I don’t forget on the first tee 😂 

Also I’ve noticed lately when I do go in the clubhouse I’ll lose gps signal. I don’t want to mess with anything the could jeopardize my pro like stats 🤣 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

21 hours ago, JerryB said:

I never remember off the top of my head how to pause the round

Hold down the menu - top left - button until you see the Pause symbol on the screen, then press the "check" button.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Unrelated, I was playing around with the app last night and saw a selection to opt out the round from the Performance Statistics. There are times when I have a tough round that's not representative of my normal game and I don't want to include the stats. What I did in the past is deleting the round. This way I can keep it and just uncheck it in the edit feature. 

Arccos has this feature, too, which is nice. In our league outing, we played a 2 man scramble, but I was still using Arccos for distances, etc. Definitely excluded that round. I also excluded a league night a few weeks ago as I picked up on a hole that was going bad in a hurry (since league is officially over, we only play for skins and I definitely was not going to win anything on that hole).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 10/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, ejgaudette said:

Well thats not good then, time for a call to Shot Scope support I think

And the response from Support:

If you slightly move the tee shots and then sign off that should solve the issue you have had.

I have also sent your course out to be remapped so this issue doesn't happen again.

And indeed when I moved my tee shots slightly, it counted them up correctly 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 3:50 AM, MattF said:

No because it's always awake. The tags need some moving to make sure that they're awake.

Probably semantics, but I don't think the tags fall asleep - I think the band needs to sense them by the movement of the practice swing/stroke.  I think the band "wakes up" to the tags' presence.

Unless I'm confused on the technology involved, in which case I'll appreciate some further edjumucation 😉

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

8 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Probably semantics, but I don't think the tags fall asleep - I think the band needs to sense them by the movement of the practice swing/stroke.  I think the band "wakes up" to the tags' presence.

Unless I'm confused on the technology involved, in which case I'll appreciate some further edjumucation 😉

Yep, you're kind of right. I just did a bit of reading and the watch kind of goes to sleep to conserve the battery, that's why they recommend the practice swings. To wake the watch up and to give it a chance to get your location.

In the bag:

Bag: