TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Interesting - after I get done playing/downloading I charge the watch and then do a shutdown. When I go to turn it back on - which most recently was about 3 weeks since the full charge,  the battery was down to about 60%. So it looks like the watch is somewhat active even with a hard shutdown. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 9/17/2021 at 10:55 AM, MattF said:

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

I quickly got accustomed to walking around the green and so now it's habit and not a problem. I haven't tried the X option but I will now.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Is anyone seeing QC issues with the watch?  I am on my third watch in four months. The first one developed a crack in the case above the screen. The screen on the second one died. Now, the third watch has developed a crack in the same place as the first watch. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

35 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Is anyone seeing QC issues with the watch?  I am on my third watch in four months. The first one developed a crack in the case above the screen. The screen on the second one died. Now, the third watch has developed a crack in the same place as the first watch. 

I’ve had mine since mid-July of last year, no issues.

13 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I've had mine since it came out and haven't had any issues.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Swapped out my wedges this week and switched the tags over as well.  Is there a way to see my performance stats for just these new clubs, alongside the rest of my bag?  It seems like stats are tied to the tag rather than the named club, if that makes sense.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

4 hours ago, JerryB said:

Swapped out my wedges this week and switched the tags over as well.  Is there a way to see my performance stats for just these new clubs, alongside the rest of my bag?  It seems like stats are tied to the tag rather than the named club, if that makes sense.

Yes the tags are tied to the club, as an example a lob wedge tag is a lob wedge, you indicate the type of club in the setup. I believe (I'm speculating here) the only way you could get a comparison of a particular type of club would be to use one of the extra tags. For instance one L tag would be your old Lob Wedge and the new wedge you could use the X1 tag. 

Alternatively, if you just swapped them out and were using the old tag, when you go to the Performance tab directly to the right is a 'funnel' shape, you can click on that to see stats by last round, last 5, etc. and then you can see the difference - but obviously more difficult to assess the difference. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 hours ago, JerryB said:

I believe the performance is tied to the "color" assigned to the club. If you have club A with tag LW and move that tag to a different club - say Club B and place club B into your "bag" and use it in a round. You should see two different LW clubs in your performance stats. They will be different colors. If you move that tag to a 3rd club and put it in your bag and use it in a round then you should have three different colors in your performance stats.

I believe the stats are tracked based on the color assigned to that club/tag combination. If you move the LW tag back to the original Club A and place that club back into your "bag" and use it in a round, those stats will be merged and tracked with the original color of Club A.

At least that is how it has worked for me. 

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

15 hours ago, Larryw said:

I believe the performance is tied to the "color" assigned to the club. If you have club A with tag LW and move that tag to a different club - say Club B and place club B into your "bag" and use it in a round. You should see two different LW clubs in your performance stats. They will be different colors. If you move that tag to a 3rd club and put it in your bag and use it in a round then you should have three different colors in your performance stats.

I believe the stats are tracked based on the color assigned to that club/tag combination. If you move the LW tag back to the original Club A and place that club back into your "bag" and use it in a round, those stats will be merged and tracked with the original color of Club A.

I stand corrected - thanks for posting this approach. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

17 hours ago, Larryw said:

Thanks!  That's not an option on the app that I can tell but now I see how that works on the desktop version. 

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Ok, played over the weekend and the watch missed THIRTY strokes, and didn't keep pin positions when I pinned out after putting.  

The ONLY thing I did different was go to Manual Putting Mode (mainly wanted to try it, AND forgot to put the tag on my spare putter when I left the house, see the Sub70 Putter thread for that explanation, so MP Mode it was). 

I added every putt (really surprised I remembered that) and hit "pin out" by the flag on every hole.  When I sync'd up it said I shot a SIXTY-FOUR!  HOT DAMN!!!!!!  Yeah, that is NOT right... most of my putts didn't show up, and two holes were completely missed, no shots whatsoever. 

Not sure what happened, but it was never this bad, usually only missed 4-5 strokes.  I don't even remember where all the pins were, so there goes my putting accuracy.  I do keep my scorecard just in case, just not looking forward to all that editing. 

Still overall, I AM happy with this watch, I've been using it for almost 6 months. Hopefully this is just an "outlier".

Anyway, carry on... 

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

@Silverhorn43 something's not right there. I've had mine miss close to 10 shots once and other than that it missed a handful, but now it pretty much is spot on. Is your firmware up to date? If so, you might want to reach out to SS customer service and see if they can figure it out.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

If so, you might want to reach out to SS customer service and see if they can figure it out.

Definitely do this. I have very few missed shots during a round - generally it's putting and always my fault. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Taking a break from my Wilson irons so I added my Arccos tags to my older Hogan Ptx irons.  I will play them with Arccos for awhile then go back to my SS and Wilson’s.  I have had issues with the watch Arccos app as it won’t activate to start the round. Had to play with phone only in pocket. So now I have one SS set and one Arccos set.  The tags are still active from 3 years ago….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

9 hours ago, MattF said:

@Silverhorn43 something's not right there. I've had mine miss close to 10 shots once and other than that it missed a handful, but now it pretty much is spot on. Is your firmware up to date? If so, you might want to reach out to SS customer service and see if they can figure it out.

Hey Matt, yeah, firmware is up to date (as of last month I believe).  And my rounds before, like yours, were pretty spot on prior rounds. 

I'm going to play again this weekend, and see if it does the same thing.  If so, I'll definitely be reaching out!

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, Silverhorn43 said:

Hey Matt, yeah, firmware is up to date (as of last month I believe).  And my rounds before, like yours, were pretty spot on prior rounds. 

I'm going to play again this weekend, and see if it does the same thing.  If so, I'll definitely be reaching out!

Any response from Shotscope? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Just now, tony@CIC said:

Any response from Shotscope? 

Hey Tony, 

I have a round scheduled for this coming Sunday afternoon, so  I'll see what happens on scoring with it. If I drop an obscene amount of strokes again I'll contact them (altho my handicap would LOVE it!!). 

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

16 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Hey Tony, 

I have a round scheduled for this coming Sunday afternoon, so  I'll see what happens on scoring with it. If I drop an obscene amount of strokes again I'll contact them (altho my handicap would LOVE it!!). 

I saw that you were playing this weekend - but thought you were going to email support as well. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 10/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, tony@CIC said:

I saw that you were playing this weekend - but thought you were going to email support as well. 

No, I'm sorry.  I wanted to wait until this round to see what happened, and well, it did it again.  Said I shot in the mid 60's again.  Actually carded a 94. SS Customer Support, here I come.  Again, the only difference is me going to Manual Putting, and that is because my new Sub70 Putter has the SuperStroke grip on it and I didn't retag it. 

I'll let you know when I hear back from them. 

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

14 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Again, the only difference is me going to Manual Putting

When you're marking the putt, are you hitting the + button where the ball is every time you putt? I know you said you are marking the putts but I just want to make sure you're hitting the right button.

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 hours ago, MattF said:

When you're marking the putt, are you hitting the + button where the ball is every time you putt? I know you said you are marking the putts but I just want to make sure you're hitting the right button.

Yeah, I would hit the + then putt, then putt it in, then tap the Pin Collect?  I wonder if that could be part of the problem, using the pin collect as my hole out putt.  

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

2 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Yeah, I would hit the + then putt, then putt it in, then tap the Pin Collect?  I wonder if that could be part of the problem, using the pin collect as my hole out putt.  

Every putt you take, you need to hit the + button. Hit the Pin Collect/Pick Up over the hole. Sounds like that's the issue.

In the bag:

Bag: 

19 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

No, I'm sorry.  I wanted to wait until this round to see what happened, and well, it did it again.  Said I shot in the mid 60's again.  Actually carded a 94. SS Customer Support, here I come.  Again, the only difference is me going to Manual Putting, and that is because my new Sub70 Putter has the SuperStroke grip on it and I didn't retag it. 

I'll let you know when I hear back from them. 

Just as an FYI, I glued a sensor onto my CB Super Stroke grip. So far, the sensor has stayed glued to the counterweight with no issues. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Ok, sounds like another excuse to go play more golf now!  Thanks Matt

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Just as an FYI, I glued a sensor onto my CB Super Stroke grip. So far, the sensor has stayed glued to the counterweight with no issues. 

I had used double-sided automotive emblem tape (left over from a resto-mod project) and that seemed to work well also.  I'll keep the glue option in mind. 

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, Silverhorn43 said:

a resto-mod project

Just so you know there's a "Gallery" where you can upload pics .. just saying... 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1965 Chevy Corvair Corsa Convertible, I'll work on pics.  😎

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Ok, I know it’s probably just me and my ignorance but I’m giving up on Strokes Gained when it comes to putting.  Baffles me how I can have a 30 putt day and SG is a -4.

SG.png.97a0625965ac67c1a39772def179d760.png

Strokes gained takes into account how far your putts are to provide the expected number of strokes to hole out. So say every first putt is 7 feet and you are expected to make 50% of those. Each time you miss you lose 0.5 off a stroke and easy make you gain 0.5. So as an extreme example if you hit to 7 feet on 18 holes and have 30 putts, that means you had 6 one putts and 12 two putts. So you would be loosing 3 strokes putting even though you had 30 putts. 

This is why strokes gained was developed. Depending on how long your putts are 30 putts in a ring might be great or terrible. So make sure your putts are the right distance for that to be useful. If your first putts are marked too short that can really mess up the strokes gained. As a data person I love this tote of thing, but know it’s not for everyone. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

15 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

So make sure your putts are the right distance for that to be useful. If your first putts are marked too short that can really mess up the strokes gained. As a data person I love this tote of thing, but know it’s not for everyone. 

I do try and mark my first putt while standing over it and for the most part the putts do show up correctly.  Sometimes not though.

My one and only ‘F’ was in a statistics course in college, I’m not a lover 😐