Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

7 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I do try and mark my first putt while standing over it and for the most part the putts do show up correctly.  Sometimes not though.

My one and only ‘F’ was in a statistics course in college, I’m not a lover 😐

It’s not for everyone for sure, that’s why we can let them so do the work. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I had an issue with the clock feature V3- the watch was 20 min behind even though it was fully charged. Once I sync'd it to the app, the time was updated. Not sure why it happened and support didn't answer why, they just said to sync it. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I had an issue with the clock feature V3- the watch was 20 min behind even though it was fully charged. Once I sync'd it to the app, the time was updated. Not sure why it happened and support didn't answer why, they just said to sync it. 

When I played on Tuesday I noticed the time was off by an hour.  Figured it had something to do with daylight savings time and didn’t worry about it.  Now that you’ve said this, I ran upstairs and checked the time on the watch.

Just like support said, sync and the time is back to normal.

13 hours ago, toehold57 said:

When I played on Tuesday I noticed the time was off by an hour.  Figured it had something to do with daylight savings time and didn’t worry about it.  Now that you’ve said this, I ran upstairs and checked the time on the watch.

Just like support said, sync and the time is back to normal.

Yup - I sync'd with the app after the time change. What I was concerned about was the 30 min discrepancy  on the fully charged watch. I just checked on it this morning and the same issue. Now it's about 15 min off. Going to send another email to support. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hey all, just to let you know the team at Shot Scope follow the user group closely and it is great feedback/discussion. 

I will chip in with answers to various questions as I can. Tag me, if you think I can shed some light. 

If there is an individual or account specific question best to get in touch with our support team, they are much quicker, smarter and will give better advice than I can. 

1 minute ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Hey all, just to let you know the team at Shot Scope follow the user group closely and it is great feedback/discussion. 

I will chip in with answers to various questions as I can. Tag me, if you think I can shed some light. 

If there is an individual or account specific question best to get in touch with our support team, they are much quicker, smarter and will give better advice than I can. 

I have not checked recently (since our season is over), but recall that the shots gained functionality was not available on both PC and mobile.  Are there plans to address this?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

6 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I have not checked recently (since our season is over), but recall that the shots gained functionality was not available on both PC and mobile.  Are there plans to address this?

Yes we are working to add Strokes Gained to the Web Dashboard and have a new update for that prior to next season. 

1 hour ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Yes we are working to add Strokes Gained to the Web Dashboard and have a new update for that prior to next season. 

Gavin,

Nice to see you here. If you follow this thread from the beginning as well as the ARRCOS vs. Shotscope thread I think you'll find lots of great ideas for upcoming versions. A few recommendations/questions.

- I have 2 sets of clubs - one in Florida (with SS tags) the other in Ohio. (no tags). Since I primarily use the app, given I don't want to clutter up the screen, should I just buy a second set of tags amd set up 2 different accounts? 

- I'd like to have the ability to enlarge the labels along with the zoom feature for individual holes. 

- Is there a way to export the data to a program like excel?

Thx 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

19 hours ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Hi Gavin,

I'm AuzzieMatt at the other place. Thanks for jumping in.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Gavin,

Nice to see you here. If you follow this thread from the beginning as well as the ARRCOS vs. Shotscope thread I think you'll find lots of great ideas for upcoming versions. A few recommendations/questions.

- I have 2 sets of clubs - one in Florida (with SS tags) the other in Ohio. (no tags). Since I primarily use the app, given I don't want to clutter up the screen, should I just buy a second set of tags amd set up 2 different accounts? 

- I'd like to have the ability to enlarge the labels along with the zoom feature for individual holes. 

- Is there a way to export the data to a program like excel?

Thx 

Hey Tony, 

You could set up a second account with another set of tags, or presuming you are in one place for a period of time, set up your bag and then switch active bag when you move location. We are looking at how to improve this feature as we realize this is an issue for some users. 

I am not sure what you mean by labels? Labels on the shot?

There isn't mainly because we calculate on the fly all of your data, which allows us to always optimize our course mapping, so it would be extremely difficult to export. 

Best

46 minutes ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

I am not sure what you mean by labels? Labels on the shot?

yup =  labels for the shots/clubs. When you enlarge the hole - the label currently stays the same size treadles if you maximize or minimize the hole overview.  

Also do you automatically push firmware and App versions? It would be nice to know if we're running the current versions for both.

Thx\

Tony 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

19 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

yup =  labels for the shots/clubs. When you enlarge the hole - the label currently stays the same size treadles if you maximize or minimize the hole overview.  

Also do you automatically push firmware and App versions? It would be nice to know if we're running the current versions for both.

Thx\

Tony 

Tony will feed the labels back to our dev team. 

We do automatically push versions, but here are the latest:

iOS app - 2.9.17
Android app - 3.8.0
V3 Firmware - 2.4.0

Alright shot scope users, I have read the reviews from the testing earlier this year and I think I am in. Just want to detail my current process as it is incredibly cumbersome and would hopefully be remedied by SS V3. 

Currently, during a round, I run "golfshot" which is an overhead GPS app on my phone. For every shot, I screenshot the distances on the phone so that I know how far out I am etc. Obviously GPS apps are useless once you get to the green so from there I walk off distances for putts and write those down on my scorecard for Strokes Gained Putting. Golfshot keeps track of my score, GIR, putt number, fairways hit but, at times, the GPS is like 20 yards off from where I actually am. And, no, surprisingly, I don't take 5 hours to play a round of golf. 

I love keeping data on all my rounds so Shot Scope seems like a homerun. It seems like the main hiccup people are running into is tagging putts and having the putting screen come up when they get close to the green. Also, there is always the chance of a missed shot as well but I imagine you wouldn't know that you missed a shot until after the round in the analysis mode?

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

I love keeping data on all my rounds so Shot Scope seems like a homerun. It seems like the main hiccup people are running into is tagging putts and having the putting screen come up when they get close to the green. Also, there is always the chance of a missed shot as well but I imagine you wouldn't know that you missed a shot until after the round in the analysis mode?

Sounds like you have a fairly cumbersome process. Yes on occasion the watch thinks it's on the green when I'm hitting from greenside rough , but that's easily correctable. There were a few posts here on how to move the watch off the green (note this generally happens because I'm walking across the green to get to the rough). As to putting, there are quite a few members that have switched to manual putt mode. I'm not one of them. I found the auto setting works for me. And lastly. yes on occasion it'll miss a shot - but not that often and is easily correctable in the 'edit' mode either on your phone or desktop dashboard. At my age they say memory is the first thing to go - but I still remember all of my shots when I get home from a round. Of course if I waited several days, maybe not, but the app showing a 350 yd drive might be a dead giveaway. 😀

Not sure if Practical Golf's Black Friday special is still on - it's a heck of a deal. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Two other questions. What if you start on the back 9 on a course, is it easy to bounce through the first 9 holes or does the watch automatically realize where you are on the course?

How does the watch do if you just play 9 holes? I play 9 holes about 40% of the time, will that screw up my strokes gained?

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

Two other questions. What if you start on the back 9 on a course, is it easy to bounce through the first 9 holes or does the watch automatically realize where you are on the course?

How does the watch do if you just play 9 holes? I play 9 holes about 40% of the time, will that screw up my strokes gained?

It is very quick and easy to switch holes if you start on the back 9. I haven't had it recognize that I'm starting on 10 and automatically adjust, but it only takes 5 seconds to change the hole to 10, so no biggie.

as for 9 hole data, it handles it just fine. I've played many many 9 hole rounds with it and it works just as you would expect.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

As @Thin2winmentioned, it's pretty easy - just scroll to the hole you're starting on. FYI, our #1 was recently closed because they were redoing the bunkers, so I just scrolled to #2 as the starting hole. However, pay attention when you're done on #18 and scroll to #1 otherwise you'll get an end round message. 

Also I don't use the stokes gained feature at this point, so can't comment on it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, vamosjackets said:

I love the functionality of the Shotscope.  My biggest complaint is that it's not waterproof.  I lost one watch to forgetting to take it off before showering.  I lost another to playing in the rain one round.  This makes dependability an issue, keeps it from being worry free, and from being my everyday watch.  Now, I just have to keep it in the golf bag to use when I play so that it doesn't mess up.  Make it waterproof and the battery longer lasting, and it will be perfect.

I wanted to give an update to my experience with the V3 that I reported previously.  I had 3 V3's to malfunction, none lasting more than a month.  1 due to showering, 1 due to a little rain, and a third due to dropping it onto a hardwood floor while trying to put it on - not a very hard fall, but it cracked the casing and quit working.  Shotscope customer service replaced all three of these for free.  The fourth watch has been night-and-day different in its durability.  I've had it for about 5 months now, wearing it every day, playing lots of rounds, some in rainy conditions, have dropped it on the floor a few times.  There have been zero issues at all.  This one seems very durable.  I have no idea why my experience with these watches was so different, can't explain it, but just wanted to relay it.  Maybe the fourth watch was just better-made, maybe I had the extreme coincidence of the first 3 being duds, maybe it's all just a big fluke.  All things considered, I'm pleased with Shotscope customer service and am overall pleased with the watch and will keep using it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

43 minutes ago, vamosjackets said:

1 due to showering,

😱

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recall off hand if there is more than 1 hybrid tag? I can't remember if there was an I lost one or not. I had to put the X1 tag in my new weapon.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Can anyone recall off hand if there is more than 1 hybrid tag? I can't remember if there was an I lost one or not. I had to put the X1 tag in my new weapon.

No, not in the 16 tag set .. only "H1".

If you're not using a 4i you could re-use that one in a hybrid; otherwise the X tag as you've done.

FYI, V1 came with 20 tags. Not sure if you can order more "H" tags from ShotScope..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

No, not in the 16 tag set .. only "H1".

If you're not using a 4i you could re-use that one in a hybrid; otherwise the X tag as you've done.

FYI, V1 came with 20 tags. Not sure if you can order more "H" tags from ShotScope..?

Thanks mate, that's what I thought but wanted the confirmation. I put a 2 hybrid in the bag so the 4i tag won't work.

I looked at the SS site and they only sell the tags as a full set or putter tags. No big deal.

In the bag:

Bag: 

You might reach out to people that have upgraded from V2 to V3. They have several tags (3i, H2, X3, X4) that they may not be using and willing to give (or sell) to you.

They will work with the V3 system. Put one in a club and then use that club in a round and the tag should then appear in your "MyBag" area where you can change the club specifics to match the club you used.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Thanks mate, that's what I thought but wanted the confirmation. I put a 2 hybrid in the bag so the 4i tag won't work.

I looked at the SS site and they only sell the tags as a full set or putter tags. No big deal.

Why won't the 4i tag work?  I thought any tag could be used for any club.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 hours ago, JerryB said:

Why won't the 4i tag work?  I thought any tag could be used for any club.

It can, but I've got CDO (OCD with the letters in the correct order) and it's already attached to a 4 iron.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Fair enough.  Would be great if I could get, like, a hundred tags (and mark them as I see fit) for use in a wide variety of clubs.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

13 hours ago, JerryB said:

Fair enough.  Would be great if I could get, like, a hundred tags (and mark them as I see fit) for use in a wide variety of clubs.

I'm on board with that!

In the bag:

Bag: 

I use the X1 on my 5W and the X2 on my 7W. The 4i is used on a backup driver as I don’t us a 4 iron.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 4 weeks later...

Ran into an interesting situation today. As background, I just joined our onsite course which is 27 holes. However, each of the nines has a different course name, Ibis, Osprey and Falcon. We played the Ibis and Osprey courses in men's league this morning - a shotgun start (I started on #5). No problem setting up my V3 to start on 5, however when I finished 9, it asked if I was ending the round. It quickly dawned on me that I needed to restart for the next 9 (vs thinking that I'm on hole 10). Now we finish the next 9 and time to finish holes 1-4 from this morning so I ended the round and restarted the V3. The end result is now I have 3 'events' on the watch/dashboard. Is there a way to combine the start (5-9) with the finish (1-4)so I've captured 2 complete 9's? Or do I just deal with the 3 events? 

Also I was playing around with the performance section of the watch tonight, and looked at the longest short for my driver - something I neglected to correct since it captured a drive of almost 300 yds. When I clicked on that stat it took me the shot. Unfortunately I don't remember the round from 2021 so couldn't correct it - however, it is neat that I can go to that shot via the performance 'longest shot' versus having to scroll through all the rounds to find the outlier. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Had a similar issue last season.  I played the front nine and we stopped at the turn to grab a bite.  I forgot to pause the round.  When I came back roughly a half hour later it had ended the round (due to inactivity if I remember) and I had to start a new one for the back nine.  Couldn't combine them after the fact.  I think you're stuck with three events.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW