Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Send an email to SS support and they should be able to combine the rounds into one for you.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Two questions for this group before I tell my wife I'd like to buy ShotScope as an early birthday present for myself lol.

1) Does anyone in the group have insight about a V4 or something coming out soon? I can't remember how long V2 was around before V3, but given how quickly technology upgrades happen it's something to be concerned about.

2) How well does V3 really detect shots and what is required of the user? I opted out of V3 initially because I was so unhappy with the hoops V2 had me jump through for a mediocre result. I don't like to take practice swings and it actually messes with my game, so if that's still a requirement I'm out.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Two questions for this group before I tell my wife I'd like to buy ShotScope as an early birthday present for myself lol.

1) Does anyone in the group have insight about a V4 or something coming out soon? I can't remember how long V2 was around before V3, but given how quickly technology upgrades happen it's something to be concerned about.

2) How well does V3 really detect shots and what is required of the user? I opted out of V3 initially because I was so unhappy with the hoops V2 had me jump through for a mediocre result. I don't like to take practice swings and it actually messes with my game, so if that's still a requirement I'm out.

I cannot answer your first question but on the second, I find that it doesn’t take much of a practice swing for the watch to pick up which club is in your hand.  That said, when I grab one club and then decide to use another, I give it an extra few swings.

The watch will also show you which club it thinks you’re getting ready to use.  Good for those times when you’re not sure if has detected the right club.

17 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

On #2 - V3 is definitely an update / upgrade from V2. In my experience it's much more consistent about picking up shots, and much more accurate about the location of your shots (still not 100% but pretty close).

As to practice swings - my understanding is the watch goes into standby mode in-between swings .. mainly to preserve battery life by turning off the GPS .. so you need to "wake up" the GPS before your next shot. 

Practice swings are just one way to do this .. I do them anyway, but another method I use on the putting greens (in Manual mode) is just wave the watch-wearing wrist around a bit..! Seems to work just fine.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

18 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I don't have info on V4, however, I found that the V3 picks up the club sensor virtually all the time. As I check the distance to the FMB, I also double check that the sensor picked up the club and that's before I take a practice swing. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Any thoughts / discussion on the new Range Finder and tracker? It appears us V3 users could just buy the magnet mount or range finder? I am intrigued because I really don't care to wear the watch for stat tracking and would rather wear my Apple watch or other fitness tracker (thinking about a Whoop) 

Anyhow, surprised with the new from PGA Show of the new product that there hasn't been any other discussion in here.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 * - Tensei AV White 65 X

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges:titelist-small: Vokey 54 | 58 |  

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Practice swings are just one way to do this .. I do them anyway, but another method I use on the putting greens (in Manual mode) is just wave the watch-wearing wrist around a bit..! Seems to work just fine.

I like this a lot. It'd be much easier to incorporate some sort of flick of the wrist to "wake up" the watch than doing practice swings for me. I've tried and tried to incorporate practice swings into my pre-shot routine and it's always done more harm than good for whatever reason. 

It's also nice to know the watch will display whatever club is being detected. Definitely not something I remember having on the V2 device when I tried it.

Thanks spies!!!

If I was looking at a SS right now (even though I love my V3), I'd be buying, not looking into but buying, the H4. All the same features as the V3 but you can put it in your pocket, clip it to your belt or hang it from your bag. You have to physically touch the club tag to the H4 to tag the shot.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, MattF said:

If I was looking at a SS right now (even though I love my V3), I'd be buying, not looking into but buying, the H4. All the same features as the V3 but you can put it in your pocket, clip it to your belt or hang it from your bag. You have to physically touch the club tag to the H4 to tag the shot.

Good point! I had briefly looked at that when they made the announcement, but already forgot about it. Seems like that would alleviate all of my concerns about shot detection and be more affordable!

On 2/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, tony@CIC said:

Ran into an interesting situation today. As background, I just joined our onsite course which is 27 holes. However, each of the nines has a different course name, Ibis, Osprey and Falcon. We played the Ibis and Osprey courses in men's league this morning - a shotgun start (I started on #5). No problem setting up my V3 to start on 5, however when I finished 9, it asked if I was ending the round. It quickly dawned on me that I needed to restart for the next 9 (vs thinking that I'm on hole 10). Now we finish the next 9 and time to finish holes 1-4 from this morning so I ended the round and restarted the V3. The end result is now I have 3 'events' on the watch/dashboard. Is there a way to combine the start (5-9) with the finish (1-4)so I've captured 2 complete 9's? Or do I just deal with the 3 events? 

Also I was playing around with the performance section of the watch tonight, and looked at the longest short for my driver - something I neglected to correct since it captured a drive of almost 300 yds. When I clicked on that stat it took me the shot. Unfortunately I don't remember the round from 2021 so couldn't correct it - however, it is neat that I can go to that shot via the performance 'longest shot' versus having to scroll through all the rounds to find the outlier. 

So here's part A of SS response to the 2 9's question. I'm playing in league tomorrow - same course with the 2 - 9's. 

You can still play any combination of 9 holes as you wish. Once you finish on hole 9 you would click "continue" or "Play back 9" and you should be able to select your second 9 hole course and play on. When uploading your round the round will merge and show as 1 18 hole round.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

When uploading your round the round will merge and show as 1 18 hole round.

I find this to be correct unless I take too long to start the back nine.

I also have found that if I choose the wrong nine for the backside, I have to “end the round “ and start a fresh round.  I was worried about this, I’d have two nines instead of eighteen.  My fears were unfounded, SS combined my two rounds even when I goofed it up on the back nine.

Good job SS!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if Shotscope reads this thread - if so perhaps we can provide so 'improvements' - our aka suggestion box. 

A couple of my thoughts: 

Have the same capabilities in both the dashboard as in the app. For instance when you go into performance on the app and see an outlier with one of your clubs, clicking on it takes you to the round/hole so you can correct if needed. That feature doesn't exist in the dashboard. 

I'd love to have a 'notes' section associated with a round. I have been experimenting with my driver (settings and shafts) and it'd be neat to capture the specific info so I could go back to it in the future. Same thing for weather conditions, i.e. extreme cold or very high winds. Each of those obviously affecting specific club performance. 

Anyone have other recommendations? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Think that these are great suggestions to make shotscope even more useful. Have you sent these suggestions to them directly? I have found that they are fantastic responding to queries, remapping etc. At the moment they are sending me a new buckle for my band as mine broke during a round and I enquired as I didn't want to buy a new band if I didn't have to. No charge and really fast response, cannot rate their service highly enough.

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

22 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Not sure if Shotscope reads this thread - if so perhaps we can provide so 'improvements' - our aka suggestion box. 

A couple of my thoughts: 

Have the same capabilities in both the dashboard as in the app. For instance when you go into performance on the app and see an outlier with one of your clubs, clicking on it takes you to the round/hole so you can correct if needed. That feature doesn't exist in the dashboard. 

I'd love to have a 'notes' section associated with a round. I have been experimenting with my driver (settings and shafts) and it'd be neat to capture the specific info so I could go back to it in the future. Same thing for weather conditions, i.e. extreme cold or very high winds. Each of those obviously affecting specific club performance. 

Anyone have other recommendations? 

We certainly do. 

In terms of the dashboard there is a big update coming soon. It will add a lot of mobile features to the dashboard but also retain some of the dashboard features which utilize a bigger screen. 

On the notes section, this has been discussed but I am unsure where it is in the development plan. 

Keep the recommendations coming, we love to read all feedback and definitely take suggestions into account when developing new features. 

I lost my putter tag when I got a new grip. Wanted to use the 4 iron tag in it but putter isn’t an option (all other club types are) Strange. Do putter tags have a different chip in them?

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

12 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

I lost my putter tag when I got a new grip. Wanted to use the 4 iron tag in it but putter isn’t an option (all other club types are) Strange. Do putter tags have a different chip in them?

Must be but not sure why it would be. Just curious did you screw it in or glue (on a counter balanced putter)? 
 I noticed today that my glued on sensor  is starting to come off so I just used some instant glue and taped to wrap  I’ll also be ordering some additional sensors as my grip is starting to wear down 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Heard back from Shotscope straight away.  Putter tags are different, and other tags can't be used in putters. They're sending me another putter tag.

Extraordinary customer service, very impressed.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

As an aside for you guys. If you lose the putter tag, while you're waiting for a replacement, you can use the manual putting mode. It just means pushing the button before every putt.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 2/11/2022 at 12:44 PM, MattF said:

......You have to physically touch the club tag to the H4 to tag the shot.

Exactly! I love that feature. My biggest issue is having the watch detect that I'm swinging a club as I'm waiting for my turn. Then as I step up to my ball, it thinks I duffed the last shot leading to unnecessary edits. I've preordered the H4 and hope it arrives for my official annual 1st round of the year here in Michigan; Good Friday. (Although there are some 60+ degree days predicted next week so maybe an early warm-up round?)

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

15 hours ago, MIgregb said:

Exactly! I love that feature. My biggest issue is having the watch detect that I'm swinging a club as I'm waiting for my turn. Then as I step up to my ball, it thinks I duffed the last shot leading to unnecessary edits. I've preordered the H4 and hope it arrives for my official annual 1st round of the year here in Michigan; Good Friday. (Although there are some 60+ degree days predicted next week so maybe an early warm-up round?)

You must be standing more than 5 yards away from your ball. The only time I've had that happen is when I've actually duffed the ball.

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

You must be standing more than 5 yards away from your ball. The only time I've had that happen is when I've actually duffed the ball.

Yes. I've learned that if I don't swing a club fairly frequently, my joints (mostly shoulders) just don't want to cooperate when it's my turn and I have to take more time to loosen up. I'll often have a club in my hand (usually what I expect to hit on my next shot) and will nonchalantly swing when my playing partner(s) won't be distracted.  

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

One suggestion I have would be to have a write-in option for adding clubs to your bag.  I've picked up a few random clubs from Goodwill and they've knock-offs so they don't appear on the list.  1202893879_Screenshot2022-03-13at12-45-39MyBag-ShotScope.png.12b6b4a3739a95a6621c64b94c2bab00.png

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

On 3/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

We certainly do. 

In terms of the dashboard there is a big update coming soon. It will add a lot of mobile features to the dashboard but also retain some of the dashboard features which utilize a bigger screen. 

On the notes section, this has been discussed but I am unsure where it is in the development plan. 

Keep the recommendations coming, we love to read all feedback and definitely take suggestions into account when developing new features. 

Is there a date on this new dashboard?

Maybe some details on what it will include?

I had a ticket with support back in Nov 21 and they said it was coming in the new year. It's mid March. 

Curious to get some details. Give me a reason to stop using TheGrint for my scorecard. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, MIgregb said:

Can't you just touch the club tag to the watch band before you hit your shot?

6 hours ago, rlb4 said:

You can but it's not 100% necessary. I usually just look at the watch to confirm it shows the right club.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I should know this, so for you SS experts; on the Desktop Dashboard - is the "Hole Average", my average for that particular hole and if so based on how many rounds? In the app under performance I can select: last 1, 5, 10, 15, etc. Not sure if that selection on the app affects the Desktop Dashboard number. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I should know this, so for you SS experts; on the Desktop Dashboard - is the "Hole Average", my average for that particular hole and if so based on how many rounds? In the app under performance I can select: last 1, 5, 10, 15, etc. Not sure if that selection on the app affects the Desktop Dashboard number.

Don't know the definitive answer, but I'd suggest taking more of the Average #, then switching the round selection to something much different, then looking at the Average # again.

Or check their FAQs for the right answer 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 3/24/2022 at 1:06 AM, rlb4 said:

Sorry, I completely missed your question. My issue isn't that the club is not being recorded by the watch, it's that the club is being recorded while I'm away from my shot as take warm-up swings, and then again as I address the ball. Shot Scope doesn't ever record a "hit", it records the GPS distance from one tag sensing to the next. You don't actually have to strike a ball for SS to mark the spot it thinks you hit from, just sense a tag. I don't personally know how far you can/have-to wander for SS to think it's another shot, but MattF says it's about 5 yards - I do that ALL the time!

For a while I tried carrying a non-tagged warm-up club, but that became too inconvenient. I'm anxious to test out the H4 which has shipped and is expected tomorrow. Too bad we're also expecting an ice storm!!

16 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I'm anxious to test out the H4 which has shipped and is expected tomorrow. Too bad we're also expecting an ice storm!!

OK...so. I'm not a huge fan of DHL shipping as every shipment I've experienced (for the last couple of years anyway) has been stuttered at best. The H4 has been stuck at the DHL to USPS transfer point in Ohio since the 27th with their delivery estimate now being the 31st. USPS tracking says; no clue, we haven't even seen the package yet!!  OK, so I'm paraphrasing there but it amounts to the same thing! 🤨