Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

23 hours ago, MIgregb said:

OK...so. I'm not a huge fan of DHL shipping as every shipment I've experienced (for the last couple of years anyway) has been stuttered at best. The H4 has been stuck at the DHL to USPS transfer point in Ohio since the 27th with their delivery estimate now being the 31st. USPS tracking says; no clue, we haven't even seen the package yet!!  OK, so I'm paraphrasing there but it amounts to the same thing! 🤨

Take either of their tracking with a grain of salt. USPS tracking is getting worse, commonly showing it hasn't moved and it turns up when it should or a day later.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

Take either of their tracking with a grain of salt. USPS tracking is getting worse, commonly showing it hasn't moved and it turns up when it should or a day later.

You are right. It's out for delivery after not even showing up in the USPS system as of late last night!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Whoo-hoo! It's here! Now all I need is the gale force winds to stop and the temp to go up instead of down like it's doing all day today.

PXL_20220331_162601161.jpg

PXL_20220331_163234966.jpg

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

3 hours ago, MIgregb said:

Whoo-hoo! It's here! Now all I need is the gale force winds to stop and the temp to go up instead of down like it's doing all day today.

I am cautiously optimistic that the H4 is going to solve my biggest issue, the erroneous sensing of a tag while doing warm-up swings. It's too cold, wet & windy to play here today but I did run over to a local course to turn the unit on to check out tag sensing. First, the H4 seemed to find the course much faster than the model V3 watch usually did. I was expecting a couple of minutes search the 1st time it was turned on, but it took less than 20 seconds from the time I told it to GPS & Track. But the best part was that I clipped the unit to my belt and swung a club 8 to 10 times without the H4 sensing the tag. Once I touched the tag to the unit's face, I felt the confirmation vibration and the club showed up on the screen. Bingo!! Can't wait to play a round with it.

1 hour ago, MIgregb said:

First, the H4 seemed to find the course much faster than the model V3 watch usually did.

That's nice! Now I'm wondering if possibly the H4 has a bigger antenna vs the V3....

Are you planning on wearing the V3 while playing? ...I think it'd be interesting to see if there end up being any differences in yardage readouts or detection of shot locations....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

16 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That's nice! Now I'm wondering if possibly the H4 has a bigger antenna vs the V3....

Are you planning on wearing the V3 while playing? ...I think it'd be interesting to see if there end up being any differences in yardage readouts or detection of shot locations....

Hmmm... As much as I like to tinker and that never crossed my mind! I wonder if I'd have to set up a separate account or will both devices sync to my account for the same round. Probably should? The instructions recommended installing the new tags even though the old ones would work. Perhaps they made some minor improvement but I'm sure they're backward compatible.

I don't know whether this will be an issue on my new putter, but like my old putter I wasn't able to install the putter tag using the threaded stud. So I again double-sided taped it. But the profile of the tag is larger than the end of the new putter's grip so I'm concerned it's going to get knocked off as I move the putter in & out of the bag. I ended up using the manual putting method with the watch (just worked better) which you can also do with the H4. But the button is easier to access on your wrist vs. the H4 being on your belt.  I'm setting the over/under on the tag getting knocked off at 7 holes!

21 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I've found that if you play a specific course regularly the course comes up faster on the V3. As to the difference in yardage, I can't speak to the V3 vs 4, but I can tell you that when my wife and I golf, her yardages on V3 will be slightly off from mine (either + or -) That's not a big deal for me since I'm not that accurate. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Geez, it was almost like an April Fool's joke. The April Shot Scope Newsletter arrived and I saw what I thought was a new SS feature, albeit just for England - iGolf. It talked about how it was easier than ever to track your performance with an official handicap. I thought; if it's a partnership available in England, then something similar could be coming to the US! Sadly, it's just an ad for iGolf and not some new SS feature. But handicap tracking within SS would be a terrific additional feature for which I would gladly pay an annual subscription.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:56 PM, tony@CIC said:

That's not a big deal for me since I'm not that accurate. 

Ha yeah I am very much with you there! Working on it, of course....

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

22 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha yeah I am very much with you there! Working on it, of course....

By staying silent, I didn't mean to imply that I am accurate and need exact distances. I just like to eliminate one more variable to maybe sorta kinda figure out where things went wrong! 🤪

Suggestions to Shotscope.

I'd like to see improvements in the web dashboard and how you display our golf data.

Trends. There is no way to see if parts of game are improving. All data is a snapshot of current details. I should be able to see a chart showing if my SG is trending over time. The same goes for club distances.

Scorecard. Please improve the scorecard. Still lacking just a simple snapshot of a round of golf. Make sometime similar to thegrint.

Edit round. Better display of distance of shots, distance left when you edit/move markers post round. Especially for putts. Hard to accurately drag putt locations and slight move can make large changes in feet.

As well sometimes a satellite view isn't the greatest. Take a look at giving option to see course with a simple overlay showing fairway, bunkers, etc. Example from Fore golf app attached. Sometimes this is much cleaner to review a round. 

overlayexample.GIF

1 hour ago, CFAnPEI said:

(etc.)

Those are all great suggestions!

I like the Trends idea. I know in the past it has been suggested to them to provide a data export so that spreadsheet nerds 😉 could play with around with their shot data.

And yes - additional zoom/finer control on the greens would be helpful 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 4/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, MIgregb said:

which I would gladly pay an annual subscription.

Shhhhhhh 🤫 don't give SS ideas for an annual subscription. That's the primary reason I left ARRCOS for shotscope. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Ok I should know this or at the very least RTFM - how do you delete a club in the editing mode of the app?  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

56 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Shhhhhhh 🤫 don't give SS ideas for an annual subscription. That's the primary reason I left ARRCOS for shotscope. 

I agree with you there! But a GAM (Golf Association of MI) membership costs $41 and obtaining an official handicap was the only reason I was a member  So as long as it provided a handicap AND it was a voluntary added cost, I'd be good with it.

I was an ARCCOS user for a time as well and didn't like the subscription only model, either. But my bigger issue was that I had nearly as many shots missed as got recorded. I thought the tags were light powered and since I play mostly morning golf with questionable ambient light, it made sense that they didn't work properly. But I recently read that the sensors use a 2 year battery that doesn't require charging so I really don't know why I had so much trouble. Regardless, once I discovered Shot Scope, I was sold!

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Ok I should know this or at the very least RTFM - how do you delete a club in the editing mode of the app?  

What do you mean? When you're editing your score or in your bag?

If it's editing your score, click on that shot and you'll get a red X to delete the shot.

If it's in your bag, click to highlight, then delete or click and hold and move it to unassigned clubs.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

47 minutes ago, MattF said:

What do you mean? When you're editing your score or in your bag?

If it's editing your score, click on that shot and you'll get a red X to delete the shot.

If it's in your bag, click to highlight, then delete or click and hold and move it to unassigned clubs.

It's editing the round on the app. I had one hole where I ended up switching out clubs after a practice swing. It captured the first club vs. the one I actually used. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That is the only reason I switched to Shotscope. I didn't spend enough time with Arrcos to compare the 2, but I have no regrets.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

23 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

I'd like to see improvements in the web dashboard and how you display our golf data.

Trends. There is no way to see if parts of game are improving. All data is a snapshot of current details. I should be able to see a chart showing if my SG is trending over time. The same goes for club distances.

Scorecard. Please improve the scorecard. Still lacking just a simple snapshot of a round of golf. Make sometime similar to thegrint.

Edit round. Better display of distance of shots, distance left when you edit/move markers post round. Especially for putts. Hard to accurately drag putt locations and slight move can make large changes in feet.

As well sometimes a satellite view isn't the greatest. Take a look at giving option to see course with a simple overlay showing fairway, bunkers, etc. Example from Fore golf app attached. Sometimes this is much cleaner to review a round. 

overlayexample.GIF

I think a lot of the above will be answered in our new dashboard roll out. Hopefully within the next 4 weeks. 

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

It's editing the round on the app. I had one hole where I ended up switching out clubs after a practice swing. It captured the first club vs. the one I actually used. 

You should be able to change the club used in a drop down menu when you edit that hole. At least you can on the computer, I don't know about the app because I always go through my round on my laptop.

ETA: I just looked in the app and all you need to do is tap the club that's showing for that shot and it'll bring up your entire list of clubs. Just tap on the one you want to use instead. So it's pretty similar to doing it on a computer.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Thanks Matt! As a side note I've playing with a guy using ARRCOS and listening to his constant complaining of how much editing he needs to do after play.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 4/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, tony@CIC said:

Thanks Matt! As a side note I've playing with a guy using ARRCOS and listening to his constant complaining of how much editing he needs to do after play.  

The only things I have to edit are putts and the occasional shot near a bunker (either thinks I'm in the sand when I'm not or not in the sand when I am). I think the putting detection issue is enhanced by the very soft face of my Stroke Lab putter, but I've gotten used to editing on the fly, so it's not a big deal. It's been a while since I used ShotScope (V2) and as I recall it was a fairly similar level of editing. Do you know what the guy has to edit most of the time?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 3/31/2022 at 5:23 PM, cksurfdude said:

On 4/1/2022 at 9:22 AM, MIgregb said:

.. the profile of the tag is larger than the end of the new putter's grip so I'm concerned it's going to get knocked off as I move the putter in & out of the bag. ... I'm setting the over/under on the tag getting knocked off at 7 holes!

I finally got my chance to compare the V3 Watch with the H4. I'm very impressed and pleased with the H4! First, I turned them both on and selected GPS & Track. The H4 found the course in less than 10 seconds. I gave up timing the V3 after 2 minutes but it easily took at least 4; and this was a course I've played using the V3 but never the H4!

I only played 2 holes using both devices because it became a distraction. During those 2 holes, both seemed to display similar yardages even though they were never the same. The largest discrepancy was 4 yards but since the yardages were to something I couldn't easily laser check such as front/back/middle of green, I don't honestly know if one was more accurate than the other. However, the H4 seemed to settle on a yardage quicker than the V3.

The biggest reason I wanted the H4 is because it forces you to tap the club tag to the device face before the club selection registers. I was hoping that method would resolve erroneous tag sensing that I frequently got when swinging a warm-up club away from my ball. It worked!! The ONLY edit I had to make was when a group let me play through and I hurried a shot forgetting to tap the club to the device. That's the least number of edits I've ever had!

Speaking of editing, though, I did have a lot of trouble syncing the H4 to my phone once I got home. It had been paired earlier in the day to check for course updates, but it simply would not connect again after the round. The app said it was connected, but the H4 said it wasn't. I ended up clearing the storage on the app (requiring me to log into the app again) and deleted then re-paired the Bluetooth connection. That worked. I hope I don't have to do that every time; maybe an app update or an H4 firmware update will resolve that.

One thing I was concerned about is whether I would lose the device off my belt either by dislodging it from the magnetic clip or having the holder come off my belt. Neither occurred although I did have to be certain that my untucked shirt didn't interfere with placing the device back into the holder. That's definitely possible especially during the colder Spring weather when you're wearing additional outerwear.

Oh, and if anyone took the "over" on how many holes it would take for me to lose the double-sided tapped putter tag, you won! It stayed put very nicely.

7 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

The only things I have to edit are putts and the occasional shot near a bunker (either thinks I'm in the sand when I'm not or not in the sand when I am). I think the putting detection issue is enhanced by the very soft face of my Stroke Lab putter, but I've gotten used to editing on the fly, so it's not a big deal. It's been a while since I used ShotScope (V2) and as I recall it was a fairly similar level of editing. Do you know what the guy has to edit most of the time?

Not sure but the complaint is around missed shots. As a side note, he's got the old(?) sensors and using the old app(?) as he's not paying a subscription. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, MIgregb said:

Oh, and if anyone took the "over" on how many holes it would take for me to lose the double-sided tapped putter tag, you won! It stayed put very nicely.

I assume that you're using a CB putter grip? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Anyone else have issues with having to edit a shot every time?  The tee box on this hole is actually on the other side of the river and it always chooses a random club.  I actually used my 3 wood on this hole today.  (Nevermind the other strokes; this was not a good hole...)

Screenshot_20220411-173226.png.a775cd79dc0948c7985939b39a2ba63a.png

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

59 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Anyone else have issues with having to edit a shot every time?  The tee box on this hole is actually on the other side of the river and it always chooses a random club.  I actually used my 3 wood on this hole today.  (Nevermind the other strokes; this was not a good hole...)

Screenshot_20220411-173226.png.a775cd79dc0948c7985939b39a2ba63a.png

Had a similar issue with course mapping. I sent support a pic of the tee boxes from google earth which also had the lat/long coordinates. They quickly fixed the issue. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I assume that you're using a CB putter grip? 

It's the stock grip on the Stroke Lab shaft. There's no removable weight but the threaded tag wouldn't screw in. I pushed a drill bit into the grip end and it does meet something metal so I just went the double sided tape method that worked so well on my old midsized CB grip in the past.

15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Not sure but the complaint is around missed shots. As a side note, he's got the old(?) sensors and using the old app(?) as he's not paying a subscription. 

Gotcha. Maybe they have periodic batches where the sensors aren't great as I've heard that complaint from other? In my 2.5 years of using Arccos, I can probably count the number of missed shots on one hand.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges