TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

I used the H4 for the 2nd time today and have a few more observations. First, I played a different course that is about 20 miles away from the last one and it took about 2 minutes for the device to find it. That's probably much more typical than the less than 10 seconds I observed yesterday.

Second, I managed to knock the H4 off the holder on the very first hole and was paranoid enough after that to carry it in my pocket the rest of the round. Fortunately, it dropped right in the spot on my previous shot so I found it easily.

Again, my only edits to mark a shot that I neglected to tag. I'm still happy with the H4.

Oh! And no Bluetooth connection issues after the round today. It connected & synced just fine.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

Went to use my V3 yesterday and found that the buckle had broken and it was not wearable. Had to resort to using my phone and that sucked!

I sent an email and photo to SS CS last night and woke up this morning to an email letting me know that they're sending me a new redesigned buckle gratis.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Went to use my V3 yesterday and found that the buckle had broken and it was not wearable. Had to resort to using my phone and that sucked!

I sent an email and photo to SS CS last night and woke up this morning to an email letting me know that they're sending me a new redesigned buckle gratis.

Take a pic of the new one. I always thought the current (old) one  is kinda awkward to fasten. Hope the new one is easier. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Take a pic of the new one. I always thought the current (old) one  is kinda awkward to fasten. Hope the new one is easier. 

Will do. I don't think anything has changed in that regard. It broke where the pin attaches it to the strap. 

PXL_20220412_213642919_MP.jpg.98f466046b3581e809b1853e99e73d88.jpg

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Finally ordered the H4 and it will be here tomorrow. Excited to see how it works and dive into all the changes ShotScope has made since my brief experiment with the V2 watch. BTW, I'm loving all the H4 feedback that's been posted so far!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

Finally ordered the H4 and it will be here tomorrow. Excited to see how it works and dive into all the changes ShotScope has made since my brief experiment with the V2 watch. BTW, I'm loving all the H4 feedback that's been posted so far!

I'm learning that there isn't a perfect shot tracking solution yet available. And what makes it perfect is subject to user preferences. But the H4 is definitely my favorite so far and with Shot Scope's outstanding customer service, there's nothing better for me!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

• 2 weeks later...

Many things lacking in the app and the web dashboard. My app defaults to 2021 data each time as an example. I have to always switch to the new year. Such silly things they should notice and fix and not need customers to remind them.

I guess when you are so busy promoting hardware, hard to find time for the software side. 😃

4 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

Many things lacking in the app and the web dashboard. My app defaults to 2021 data each time as an example. I have to always switch to the new year. Such silly things they should notice and fix and not need customers to remind them.

I guess when you are so busy promoting hardware, hard to find time for the software side. 😃

Send a note to  customer support - they are very responsive. I've probably logged 40 rounds in the app this year and never had to change the year for data retrieval, i.e.club performance etc.

Also can you be more descriptive about what's lacking - Gavin from SS is a frequent visitor and would appreciate the feedback on improvements.   

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Is there a way to confirm distances in the app or dashboard for a specific tee box on courses you play? I just noticed a couple of 'glitches' between the dashboard and the app; 1. There are different tee boxes and order of tee boxes on the app vs the dashboard and more specifically the tee box that I play from looks like it's more forward on the dashboard. Obviously this will affect club distances. 

Recommendation to @Gavin_Shot_Scopeis to have a feature in the 'hole' or edit mode that has the tee box distance published on the scorecard. Gavin, I did send support a screen shot from both the desktop and app that shows the tee box discrepancies. 

EDIT: One more recommendation if you're looking for ideas Gavin: ability to orient the holes so that they can be viewed 'heads up. In the pic below is an example of where it'd be nice to view the hole 'heads up vs. the current display. Note there are lots of navigation displays that let you do that. 

image.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Suggestions for ShotScope to consider. Some I have posted before. Others I'm sure have been requested.

Trends in charts or data sheets needed. Applies to SG, GIR, FIR, etc.
Otherwise hard to gauge direction of game. At best we just get a snapshot of game at 1 game, 5 games, etc. No easy way to see direction of game.

Web dashboard - editing post round. Need a few extra columns showing 'starting distance of shot' as well as a SG column.
SG should change in real time as I move shot locations around.

Web dashboard - fine tune the putter distance when I move shot location. Jumps to quickly in distances.

Satellite view should have options to switch to a different overlay showing fairway, green, bunkers etc.
They have mapped these courses so no reason we need to use satellite view always. 
Example of a good way to do this is in the golf app "Fore". (I've posted this before with a screen capture)

An actual scorecard. Sadly there isn't one. Just a skeleton card to click on holes for editing.

Filters on data. Let me filter by ranges, notes (of club changes), courses and so on.

Course page. Let me see average scores by course by hole with details like GIR, FIR, SG and so on.

19 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

Suggestions for ShotScope to consider. Some I have posted before. Others I'm sure have been requested.

Trends in charts or data sheets needed. Applies to SG, GIR, FIR, etc.
Otherwise hard to gauge direction of game. At best we just get a snapshot of game at 1 game, 5 games, etc. No easy way to see direction of game.

Web dashboard - editing post round. Need a few extra columns showing 'starting distance of shot' as well as a SG column.
SG should change in real time as I move shot locations around.

Web dashboard - fine tune the putter distance when I move shot location. Jumps to quickly in distances.

Satellite view should have options to switch to a different overlay showing fairway, green, bunkers etc.
They have mapped these courses so no reason we need to use satellite view always. 
Example of a good way to do this is in the golf app "Fore". (I've posted this before with a screen capture)

An actual scorecard. Sadly there isn't one. Just a skeleton card to click on holes for editing.

Filters on data. Let me filter by ranges, notes (of club changes), courses and so on.

Course page. Let me see average scores by course by hole with details like GIR, FIR, SG and so on.

Just to reinforce your comments, my suggestions some time back included notes or some other way of tracking 'anomalies' that might have an overall effect on the data. The one I've commonly used since it's been a factor here in Florida is wind. For instance last Friday it was gusting 30+ so that downwind drive probably picked up about 30-40 yards of extra carry. Since the wind has been that strong over the past 6-7 weeks and I play 4+ times a week, it would throw the P AVG off quite a bit. Another example for the ability to capture notes; I use my 7i for lots of bump and rolls... that also has an impact on the club stats. It would be nice to capture or at least differentiate it from my normal 7i fairway shot. 

Having said that I still love my V3 and it captures club data much more consistently that when we used ARRCOS. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

What is the rough spread between everyone's AVG distance and P. AVG with irons and full swing wedges? Mine is about 20 yards all the way from GW up to 6 iron. 

I am going to play around with basing club selection on course using P AVG to back of green as well as taking the distance 1/2 way between P. AVG and AVG to the pin and see if it yields increases in GIR and proximity. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

12 hours ago, BMart519 said:

What is the rough spread between everyone's AVG distance and P. AVG with irons and full swing wedges? Mine is about 20 yards all the way from GW up to 6 iron. 

I am going to play around with basing club selection on course using P AVG to back of green as well as taking the distance 1/2 way between P. AVG and AVG to the pin and see if it yields increases in GIR and proximity. 

It depends on the club (obviously) but I've started coming closer over time (been using SS since 2019). My driver went from about 35 yards down to 12. That means I'm topping and horribly slicing much less. I use my 8 iron a lot around the green for chipping & haven't mastered (or is it just "bothered") with labeling it as such so that average is way off.

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I use my 7i for lots of bump and rolls... that also has an impact on the club stats. It would be nice to capture or at least differentiate it from my normal 7i fairway shot. 

I think it automatically throws the bump and runs out of the stats in P-Avg. If you want, mark those shots as positional.

In the bag:

Bag: 

13 minutes ago, MattF said:

, mark those shots as positional.

Thx - great suggestion 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, MIgregb said:

It depends on the club (obviously) but I've started coming closer over time (been using SS since 2019). My driver went from about 35 yards down to 12. That means I'm topping and horribly slicing much less. I use my 8 iron a lot around the green for chipping & haven't mastered (or is it just "bothered") with labeling it as such so that average is way off.

12 is very consistent. Mine is 36 with driver at 286/250. I guess I will make it a goal to get that 250 up to 270

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Finally got to play my first round with the H4 and the experience was overall positive. I captured all but one shot and didn't have any issues with the tags trying to back out which is something I've seen with both Game Golf and Arccos sensors. It's especially surprising as I haven't replaced my grips since having removed the GG tags that were glued on (basically all the grips are chewed up on the cap). 

I have 2 negatives with the device though. #1 - I can't see the round in progress on the app (something I enjoyed with both GG and Arccos). #2 - The H4 fell out of its cradle/belt clip twice (just barely bumped it). One of those times was on the cart path and the device now has a mark on one of the corners. Thankfully, the screen is still perfectly fine. I think I'll be looking for a different way to wear the device or maybe consider putting it in my pocket (though I'd prefer not to).

Looking forward to getting out again with a little more trust in the device. I'll just need to do a slightly better of job of remembering pin placements and putts.

5 hours ago, BMart519 said:

12 is very consistent. Mine is 36 with driver at 286/250. I guess I will make it a goal to get that 250 up to 270

Hmm that's interesting on the 12 being consistent. I just checked mine I've got a 12 yd+ difference between  PAvg and AVG, but more importantly 2022 over 2021, a +10 yd increase  in PAVG and a 22 yd increase year over year on AVG, 

I've been working on swing changes this past 6 weeks and it's telling. Last 15 rounds a +6 yd difference in PAVG over all 2022 PAVG. 

Now if I could just have the patience to manual input the 1 round PAVG after each round and track/graph the progress. (SHotScope are you listening) 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I think I'll be looking for a different way to wear the device or maybe consider putting it in my pocket (though I'd prefer not to).

That's what I resorted to because I dropped mine once as well. But it wasn't as inaccessible as I expected. I can't see the screen while it's on my belt so I pull it off to look at it, or I take it out of my pocket to look at it. Registering the club it a bit more difficult, though. I can't always feel the confirmation vibration in my pocket.

13 hours ago, MIgregb said:

That's what I resorted to because I dropped mine once as well. But it wasn't as inaccessible as I expected. I can't see the screen while it's on my belt so I pull it off to look at it, or I take it out of my pocket to look at it. Registering the club it a bit more difficult, though. I can't always feel the confirmation vibration in my pocket.

My biggest concern with putting the device in my pocket is how it might interfere with the GPS signal. I need to pay closer attention next time I play, but it seems there were already a few very notable discrepancies between the H4 and the GHIN app on my iPhone 11 Pro. I'd rather not add to that.

If I absolutely felt the GPS was a concern though, I could do without it. I primarily wanted the H4 for stat tracking and so far it seems to excel at that.

Just got my H4 unboxed and setup last night. Reading your comments about the clip is a little concerning. The magnet is definitely not that strong. I'll probably start with it in my pocket and adjust from there. First round this weekend, hopefully.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On vacay at a resort in north Georgia this week.  My SS was not picking up my Driver. I had to manually adjust it for every hole. So I sent an email yesterday regarding the issue, they determined my driver tag was bad and said they would ship me a replacement.

Excellent Customer Service!!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

On vacay at a resort in north Georgia this week.  My SS was not picking up my Driver. I had to manually adjust it for every hole. So I sent an email yesterday regarding the issue, they determined my driver tag was bad and said they would ship me a replacement.

Excellent Customer Service!!

Shoulder surgery all good? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 hours ago, edingc said:

Just got my H4 unboxed and setup last night. Reading your comments about the clip is a little concerning. The magnet is definitely not that strong. I'll probably start with it in my pocket and adjust from there. First round this weekend, hopefully.

I would say as long as you can find a place to clip it that's a little less busy you should be okay. I had it clipped towards the front quite a bit so I found that my shirt occasionally got in the way and it was easy to bump with my hands or golf club. If it were a little more to the side it'd probably be just fine, but then you need to be a little more conscious of it getting in and out of a cart and walking around in certain places.

17 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

... I found that my shirt occasionally got in the way...  If it were a little more to the side it'd probably be just fine,...

My experiences exactly! This is/was most problematic in the colder weather when I had layers on. As long as I was certain the unit was properly clipped on, the magnet was very capable of holding it in place, and the side seemed more convenient/out-of-the-way.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, TR1PTIK said:

My biggest concern with putting the device in my pocket is how it might interfere with the GPS signal. I need to pay closer attention next time I play, but it seems there were already a few very notable discrepancies between the H4 and the GHIN app on my iPhone 11 Pro. I'd rather not add to that.

If I absolutely felt the GPS was a concern though, I could do without it. I primarily wanted the H4 for stat tracking and so far it seems to excel at that.

I've never had any two GPS devices read exactly the same, but obviously you want them close. I'd love to hear what you discover when you keep close watch on them, although I didn't notice any big discrepancies while in my pocket. But since I had to take it out to read the yardages anyway, maybe that eliminated any error?

2 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I've never had any two GPS devices read exactly the same, but obviously you want them close. I'd love to hear what you discover when you keep close watch on them, although I didn't notice any big discrepancies while in my pocket. But since I had to take it out to read the yardages anyway, maybe that eliminated any error?

Could be a number of factors, but there were for sure two instances where I used a yardage from the H4 to select my club and wound up well beyond target.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, cksurfdude said:

Those are all great suggestions!

I like the Trends idea. I know in the past it has been suggested to them to provide a data export so that spreadsheet nerds 😉 could play with around with their shot data.

And yes - additional zoom/finer control on the greens would be helpful 👍

On 4/6/2022 at 10:15 AM, CFAnPEI said:

Suggestions to Shotscope.

I'd like to see improvements in the web dashboard and how you display our golf data.

Trends. There is no way to see if parts of game are improving. All data is a snapshot of current details. I should be able to see a chart showing if my SG is trending over time. The same goes for club distances.

Scorecard. Please improve the scorecard. Still lacking just a simple snapshot of a round of golf. Make sometime similar to thegrint.

Edit round. Better display of distance of shots, distance left when you edit/move markers post round. Especially for putts. Hard to accurately drag putt locations and slight move can make large changes in feet.

As well sometimes a satellite view isn't the greatest. Take a look at giving option to see course with a simple overlay showing fairway, bunkers, etc. Example from Fore golf app attached. Sometimes this is much cleaner to review a round. 

overlayexample.GIF

REALLY, REALLY like the trending suggestion !

I'm a new user but have read about the V3 for a while now.  In my limited interaction with SS, they have been very responsive and helpful with course updates.  I've played a couple rounds at different places where the 9's have been flipped, and it's been corrected very quickly.  I guess we may just need more SS users around here.

:srixon-small:      ZX7 Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:   3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small: C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- GW Ventus Red 6-R

(Sorry, no Edison logo as of yet)   Edison 49 and 55 degree wedges                                                               :cleveland-small: RTX 4 56/8  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope:  V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:   OnCore Elixr

10 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Could be a number of factors, but there were for sure two instances where I used a yardage from the H4 to select my club and wound up well beyond target.

Hunh. A golfer who's _not_ blaming a mis-hit on his equipment???

🤪🤣

PS: nice shots, dude!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg