Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

What do you see when you select your 9 hole round?  Did they combine the 9 hole rounds into 18 holes?

I have a couple of 9 hole rounds that I captured from our 9 hole Men's League Match Play nights. they are not combined but they are also Front 9's in both cases and shouldn't be. BTW I can confirm that the hole data is not available in  9 hole rounds, doesn't exist at all on the dashboard and is only based on 10 rounds (you can't change this metric) . See the 'Overview' section in the blue box below. 

960819762_Screenshot2022-07-25at5_38_04PM.png.140627c2670a4079fd99831b8bace06c.png

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I played a round of golf this past Sunday.  Where I played has 3, 9 hole courses.  I was disappointed to see that Shot Scopy only had 2 of the 3, in addition they had a 9 hole course that was closed down years ago.  On monday I sent a request to add the current 3rd, 9 hole course.  I received and email today, apologizing profusely and telling me that the current 3rd, 9 hole course will be up by tomorrow.  So far am not only impressed with the product, but now I am impressed with their customer service.  Hopefully this will continue in future.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I joined the shotscope family this year with the purchase of the H4.  I've played about 20 rounds with it so far, and really enjoy going through all the statistics about my game.  I'm trying to find the best way to go about taking advantage of all those numbers to actively improve my game.

Do you guys mostly use the performance stats to guide your practice in terms of which areas to focus on?  Do you use them to make on course decisions (ie. if most of your drives are missing right, do you aim more to the left to compensate)?  Do you just enjoy looking at the stats but don't really use it to change your game at all?

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

7 hours ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

Do you guys mostly use the performance stats to guide your practice in terms of which areas to focus on?  Do you use them to make on course decisions (ie. if most of your drives are missing right, do you aim more to the left to compensate)?  Do you just enjoy looking at the stats but don't really use it to change your game at all?

I don't practice because I don't have time working two jobs.

But, I use the data for on course, or I'm trying to. My approaches are more short than long or wrong, so I'm trying to take more club.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

I joined the shotscope family this year with the purchase of the H4.  I've played about 20 rounds with it so far, and really enjoy going through all the statistics about my game.  I'm trying to find the best way to go about taking advantage of all those numbers to actively improve my game.

I only have 5 rounds in mine so the data hasn’t gotten to a point where I can start doing detailed analytics.   I plan on using it to determine what area(s) and what clubs I need to practice.  It may influence some of my on course decisions if my dispersion is skewed enough or I have more success with a different club; I see this coming into play in the short game area.   It does/will take time and knowledge to dig into these numbers because IMO just looking at the overview screens tells you very little.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yes, and yes. I use the 'Club' data to better understand the real distances for my clubs. That gives me better knowledge to hit the target with the right club. What was eye opening was the distances I thought I was getting was less than the real data captured by Shotscope.  That same data also lets me track improvement, which in my case (practice) is focused on the long clubs - specifically driver and 5W. In that same club performance data, I can select 1,5,15,current year and previous year.  Unfortunately, I can't do a side by side comparison in the app - but I can use that old fashion tool - pencil and write down the improvements. With now over 90+ rounds for the year, I have a high confidence that my my PAVG data is pretty accurate. Note currently I'm not using 'strokes gained' as a metric for my performance but that may come at a later point. And as a result of lessons and practice I am making gains

And finally no: I don't use it to just enjoy looking at my game. That 'enjoyment or in my case more frustration comes from looking at my scorecard. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, cnosil said:

What do you see when you select your 9 hole round?  Did they combine the 9 hole rounds into 18 holes?

When I only play nine, the course stats option is not there.  When I play 18 the course stats option is there and only shows the two full rounds I've played there.

Screenshot_20220727-092626.png.61ef8514d3ad5877cdc8775adcc314c1.png

Screenshot_20220727-092645.png.6fb3324a21facc6461db6ba7ed358959.pngScreenshot_20220727-092705.png.7f9be6885f470fa215f2ce80a7b76fda.png

Edited by JerryB

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Yes, and yes. I use the 'Club' data to better understand the real distances for my clubs. That gives me better knowledge to hit the target with the right club. What was eye opening was the distances I thought I was getting was less than the real data captured by Shotscope.  That same data also lets me track improvement, which in my case (practice) is focused on the long clubs - specifically driver and 5W. In that same club performance data, I can select 1,5,15,current year and previous year.  Unfortunately, I can't do a side by side comparison in the app - but I can use that old fashion tool - pencil and write down the improvements. With now over 90+ rounds for the year, I have a high confidence that my my PAVG data is pretty accurate. Note currently I'm not using 'strokes gained' as a metric for my performance but that may come at a later point. And as a result of lessons and practice I am making gains

And finally no: I don't use it to just enjoy looking at my game. That 'enjoyment or in my case more frustration comes from looking at my scorecard. 

When you use distance to guide your club selections, are you using the average distance, or the performance average? Or somewhere in the middle?  I have a considerable difference in both those stats.  For example, I would say I carry my 7 iron around high 150s to low 160s.  According to shotscope, my average distance for the club is 145, while my performance average is 172.  If I were hitting to a pin at 145, I would never pull out a 7, as I could fly the green easily if I hit it well.  But I also wouldn't think to pull out the 7 if I had a pin at 172, because I feel like I would have to muscle the hell out of the club to get it there.

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

To help answer the CB’s question of whether to use playing or average distance, it would be terrific if Shot Scope included standard deviation for both playing and average results.  Then we could decide for ourselves which would be best to use.

As of now, how playing average is determined is something of a black box calculation.

Don

On 7/23/2022 at 5:09 AM, MattF said:

Just be careful of the clip. If you've seen the testers, it can come off pretty easy.

well my first 9 in no issues with the clip at all. will see how it holds up Saturday

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

12 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

well my first 9 in no issues with the clip at all. will see how it holds up Saturday

Just make sure it is seated in the belt clip and I would suggest left front side of belt for a right handed golfer.   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 hours ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

I've been using the V3 for about two years.  For the most part it's my yardage and hazard info, but do love the stats.  I find them somewhat hard to use to figure out what to focus on, though it does help me break down things like accuracy within 150 yards, which side I tend to miss more on, etc.  As far as distances go, for me it's really only a measure of how my swing mechanics are improving.  Like, "huh, my 7-iron is going 20 yards further than this time last year".  I play a lot of winter golf, which tends to kill the stats compared to getting a full roll out in the summer.  Also, you have to remember to go back and mark your positional shots so they don't calculate into your average and performance averages.  

Lastly, I find that the putt collection is somewhat inaccurate.  It doesn't always correctly detect where I take my putts, or where the flag is marked.  I often have to go back and do things on memory, which is always over generous.  I take the putting out portion out of my Strokes Gained and go on just looking at the number of puts increasing or decreasing to know if I need to spend time in that area.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 7/25/2022 at 7:13 AM, tony@CIC said:

I seem to recall a feature (either dashboard or app) where I could see aggregate hole performance on a specific course. In other words how well I play #1 at XYZ course. Was I dreaming or senility creeping in and I can't find it??

Sure you aren't thinking of The Grint?  It has it, as does 18Birdies, but I've never seen it in SS.

Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

1 hour ago, Mr. Mushball said:

Sure you aren't thinking of The Grint?  It has it, as does 18Birdies, but I've never seen it in SS.

Was already answered on how to do this;   apparently only available for 18 hole rounds.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Mushball said:

I've been using the V3 for about two years.  For the most part it's my yardage and hazard info, but do love the stats.  I find them somewhat hard to use to figure out what to focus on, though it does help me break down things like accuracy within 150 yards, which side I tend to miss more on, etc.  As far as distances go, for me it's really only a measure of how my swing mechanics are improving.  Like, "huh, my 7-iron is going 20 yards further than this time last year".  I play a lot of winter golf, which tends to kill the stats compared to getting a full roll out in the summer.  Also, you have to remember to go back and mark your positional shots so they don't calculate into your average and performance averages.  

Lastly, I find that the putt collection is somewhat inaccurate.  It doesn't always correctly detect where I take my putts, or where the flag is marked.  I often have to go back and do things on memory, which is always over generous.  I take the putting out portion out of my Strokes Gained and go on just looking at the number of puts increasing or decreasing to know if I need to spend time in that area.

I didn't know whether to like or hate this comment.  I have not put a single positional shot in.  Somehow I completely glossed over that as a thing to do.  Thank you very much for that info, although now I'm dreading going back through my rounds and trying to remember which shots were positional and which were just bad.

Would you put in a second shot on a par 5 as a positional shot if you were not trying to reach the green?

Edited by TheCanadianBogeyman

1 hour ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

Would you put in a second shot on a par 5 as a positional shot if you were not trying to reach the green?

First off, they added a filter for date range, at least on the web app.  That should help if you only want to start tracking from today.  Or as far back as you want to try to remember.

From support I was told that anything that isn't intended to be a full shot can be marked as positional.  That way you can get a true idea of what your full club distance is.  Performance Average already takes out your upper and lower bounds, so don't worry about a duff or a tree hit, water, etc.

I personally use it on all punches, chips, sand and half/.75 swings.  Basically if it wasn't intended to be full out and are finessing the club they consider it positional.  If your layup was done with a club that went the distance it should, don't mark that as positional.  HTH.

BTW, their support is awesome.  I've always gotten quick and knowledgeable responses and mapping update requests are within the (working) day.

I didn't know whether to like or hate this comment.  I have not put a single positional shot in.  Somehow I completely glossed over that as a thing to do.  Thank you very much for that info, although now I'm dreading going back through my rounds and trying to remember which shots were positional and which were just bad.

Here is the ShotScope definition.

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001044237-What-is-a-positional-shot-

if you can’t reach a par 5 in 2 it is considered positional according to shotscope.  It does make sense since it would be counted as an approach shot that was short 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001044237-What-is-a-positional-shot-

if you can’t reach a par 5 in 2 it is considered positional according to shotscope.  It does make sense since it would be counted as an approach shot that was short 

Thanks for that info, I didnt realize that....i will have to remember to edit those as positional going forward.  I wont bother to go back and try to remember previous par 5's 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Ahh thx for that! That was my understanding of how "Positional" worked / how you should use it (in addition to punch outs, etc.).

A lot of my approaches are short anyway, but .. Par 5s are not 2-shotters for me, so yeah I'd like to separate an intentional layup from an attempted approach.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

17 hours ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

When you use distance to guide your club selections, are you using the average distance, or the performance average? Or somewhere in the middle?  I have a considerable difference in both those stats.  For example, I would say I carry my 7 iron around high 150s to low 160s.  According to shotscope, my average distance for the club is 145, while my performance average is 172.  If I were hitting to a pin at 145, I would never pull out a 7, as I could fly the green easily if I hit it well.  But I also wouldn't think to pull out the 7 if I had a pin at 172, because I feel like I would have to muscle the hell out of the club to get it there.

I do use club distances for my club/distance thought process. I also have a significant variance between AVG and Longest to PAVG, but then some of that (AVG) is due to my neglecting to mark some clubs/shots as provisional, such as in the case of using a 7i for a  'bump and run' .

Again I've got quite of few  rounds logged for 2021/2022 so a lot of 'noise' is factored out in PAVG. If I only had 10 or 20 rounds I'd be more hesitant to use PAVG as gospel. Also like most of us already do - the data  just serves as a starting point for club selection. A lot more depends on the environment - how I'm feeling, first hole early morning, lots of wind, perhaps a green surrounded by penalty areas, etc. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I do use club distances for my club/distance thought process. I also have a significant variance between AVG and Longest to PAVG, but then some of that (AVG) is due to my neglecting to mark some clubs/shots as provisional, such as in the case of using a 7i for a  'bump and run' .

If you are less than 50 yards from the hole when you hit that bump and run, it doesn’t impact you average or p-average. From the shot scope site: Any shot marked as a positional shot or a shot hit within 50 yards of the pin is not included in either the Average or P-AVG calculations

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

If you are less than 50 yards from the hole when you hit that bump and run, it doesn’t impact you average or p-average. From the shot scope site: Any shot marked as a positional shot or a shot hit within 50 yards of the pin is not included in either the Average or P-AVG calculations

Thx - not to take to take this down a rabbit hole - what about that LW shot from 45 yds? Not included in Avg or PAVG? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

45 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Thx - not to take to take this down a rabbit hole - what about that LW shot from 45 yds? Not included in Avg or PAVG? 

Based on their documentation I would say not included.   

Still have to set each holes tee shot as my driver sensor isn’t being detected. It was replaced earlier this year .  Guess my swing speed is just way too slow…..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

I there needs to be another shot type available.  Par 5s aren't really meant to be on the green in two, so even if you're not not intending to be on the green, it is most likely still a full swing shot.  As I understand it, positional shots don't count the distances in AVG/PAVG right? And most of the time I would say that my second shot into a par 5 is representative of my full swing distance.

1 hour ago, TheCanadianBogeyman said:

I there needs to be another shot type available.  Par 5s aren't really meant to be on the green in two, so even if you're not not intending to be on the green, it is most likely still a full swing shot.  As I understand it, positional shots don't count the distances in AVG/PAVG right? And most of the time I would say that my second shot into a par 5 is representative of my full swing distance.

You are correct, based on the documentation,  positional shots are not included in the distance numbers.   You can make your own choices; don't mark those shots as positional.   While it will give you the information on the distance chart,  it will negatively impact your approach shot numbers.   I really don't want another shot type,   I feel like I hit my clubs enough that over time I will get enough numbers and I don't really find the information useful since it is total distance not carry.  

17 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Still have to set each holes tee shot as my driver sensor isn’t being detected. It was replaced earlier this year .  Guess my swing speed is just way too slow…..

I get that sometimes on the 1st tee, which would be shortly after I've turned on the GPS for the course.

FYI, I've gotten into the habit of glancing at the watch and if no "D" (or other club tag) is showing just hold the butt end of the club with the tag next to the watch for a sec, then it registers.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 7/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, tony@CIC said:

I seem to recall a feature (either dashboard or app) where I could see aggregate hole performance on a specific course. In other words how well I play #1 at XYZ course. Was I dreaming or senility creeping in and I can't find it??

Use the desktop app, go to Rounds, pick any round and view hole by hole... 

"Hole Avg" is displayed next to your score for the hole on that day and is based on all time playing that course. 

image.png.6bd7d374be2dd7668579627365415d6b.png

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

8 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Use the desktop app, go to Rounds, pick any round and view hole by hole... 

"Hole Avg" is displayed next to your score for the hole on that day and is based on all time playing that course. 

image.png.6bd7d374be2dd7668579627365415d6b.png

The app provides significantly more details than just average score when looking at course statistics.  

Set up my LX+ this week and figured I'd document this for anyone else having trouble syncing their H4 to their phone.

On initial setup, the app asks which product you have. Both the LX+ and the H4 show up as options on that page. I selected LX+ and was first prompted to pair the H4 with my phone. It paired succesfully, but threw an error saying pairing was unsuccessful. It still advanced to the next page where it prompted a firmware update. Again, it seemed to update successfully but the app said it was unsuccessful. Again, it let me advance. Finally, it attempted to upload my home course to the H4 and this time actually errored out. It prompted me to restart the app and H4, and try again.

After restarting both, the H4 no longer showed the initial "connect to app" screen. However, the phone couldn't connect to the H4. The app brought me back to the initial "Which product do you have?" screen, and all attempts when selecting the LX+ failed to connect to the device. No instructions seem to exist in the documentation for resetting bluetooth pairing, so I was stuck. However, once I selected that I only had the H4 device, it immediately connected to the device and all app functionality was smooth sailing.

tl;dr: If you are configuring a new LX+ device, just tell the phone app that you have an H4. The iOS Shot Scope app likely has a bug and doesn't play nice when you select LX+ during initial setup.

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 10.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Wood:     :cobra-small: LTDx Max 3W 15.5°, MCG C6 Red 50 R

Hybrid:     :titleist-small: TS2 4H 23°; 5H 25°, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 60 Graphite Regular

Irons:       :cobra-small: LTD (5-9); :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 54.11 (56°), :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 - 60.10; :Fuji: Vista PRO 60i R

Putter:      :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro 1 / :odyssey-small: 2-Ball Ten Armlock

Bag:         :taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag 2022

Balls:      :maxfli: Tour

Reviews: Spornia SPG8 XL Net (Official), Me and My Golf Full Body Freedom (Unofficial), Club Champion Full Bag Fitting (Unofficial), Gravity Caddy (Unofficial)