Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

I wonder if there is interest from golfers for the following.

I'd be open to paying a subscription to Shotscope IF I could get the software/capabilities on my smart watch.

Not that I hate the V3 but visually it isn't exactly eye candy on the wrist. Plus a bit of a hassle to swap my smartwatch to the V3 for golf.

I'd actually be open to paying a subscription to have it on a smart watch. Shotscope might get many customers that just don't want to buy hardware and would be happy to use an existing smartwatch. I'd assume a subscription would be needed as a customer never bought a watch from them.

3 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

I'd be open to paying a subscription to Shotscope IF I could get the software/capabilities on my smart watch.

Not that I hate the V3 but visually it isn't exactly eye candy on the wrist. Plus a bit of a hassle to swap my smartwatch to the V3 for golf.

I'd actually be open to paying a subscription to have it on a smart watch. Shotscope might get many customers that just don't want to buy hardware and would be happy to use an existing smartwatch. I'd assume a subscription would be needed as a customer never bought a watch from them.

Personally me, no, but it is an interesting idea .. there's already a Bluetooth connection to a smartphone so on the face of it 😉 seems like connecting to a smart watch could be doable..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

Sounds like ARRCOS would be better for you if you're looking to connect to a smartwatch. 

I REALLY hate subscriptions and it's the primary reason why I went the route for Shotscope vs. ARRCOS. Also I don't wear a smartwatch so I don't have the dilemma of V3 vs Smartwatch. If you want to stay with Shotscope and wear your smartwatch 2 alternatives are H4 and the ProLX.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, CFAnPEI said:

CFAnPEI, I am of the same camp (Samsung Gear smartwatch) & had an email exchange with ShotScope ~ 2 months ago.

I've been with SS since the beginning - owning the V1, V2, and now V3 'watch'.

One of ShotScope's selling-points is the non-requirement of a subscription.  A 'competitor' does require a subscription that is applied year-round; a turn-off for those of us that have an off-season due to cold/snow.

I was told they are focused on continual enhancements of the software within the hardware parameter of the V3; read-as no new device forthcoming. I inquired about an app that I could utilize on my Samsung watch - no comment/not addressed. I do know that iOS-software is usually addressed first over Android due to programming differences & popularity (similar to Windows vs Mac).

I am intrigued by some different features of 'the competitor'...and I bought new PING irons this year which came pre-installed with sensors & a year-trial of their software. I was able to get additional sensors for the other clubs so I'll see what transpires this April. Their SW is available on Android so I have an app for my watch. 

The upside? My V3 will sit safely in my desk drawer & doesn't cost any extra. If a V4 becomes available, I'll definitely invest in it. I am a proponent of ShotScope due to their customer service & being a 'smaller company'. In the past, they have rewarded existing users with trade-in options for new investments (a rarity in today's marketplace). I hope ShotScope & others remain viable/successful - the competition drives improvement for the consumer

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Personally me, no, but it is an interesting idea .. there's already a Bluetooth connection to a smartphone so on the face of it 😉 seems like connecting to a smart watch could be doable..?

Not for me either.  One of the reasons I moved to Shotscope was no subscription; buy it once and done.

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Question for the group - 

I just got a new driver. I added the club to "My Bag" on my dashboard and switched the D tag from the old to the new and updated "my Bag" to show D tag is now on new club and old club is not active.

Is this the best way to add a new club? Will I be able to see and compare data from old driver to new driver this way? Or should I use one of the extra tags on my new driver?

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

17 minutes ago, TBS said:

Question for the group - 

I just got a new driver. I added the club to "My Bag" on my dashboard and switched the D tag from the old to the new and updated "my Bag" to show D tag is now on new club and old club is not active.

Is this the best way to add a new club? Will I be able to see and compare data from old driver to new driver this way? Or should I use one of the extra tags on my new driver?

I believe when you do this the new driver shows up in the stats with a different color. I was hoping to do this with putters, but is doesn’t appear to work for that club.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, TBS said:

Yes you added it correctly.

Using an extra tag for the old driver is helpful if you want to take them both out at the same time, and hit two balls side by side to later compare your on-course results.

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 1:36 PM, MIgregb said:

Just a heads up in the event anyone else comes across this. I have a minor issue that just cropped up where the app doesn't render some text properly after an Android 13 firmware update. I have a newer Samsung phone that just got the update (including their One UI 5 update), and I noticed that some text on the home screen was cutoff. Everything seems to work correctly; it just doesn't show up correctly. I contacted support and they suggested I try uninstalling/re-installing the app but that didn't help. They've moved the issue up the ladder for resolution via an app update once the issue is figured out. I'll report back when it's resolved.

A quick FYI. Shot Scope just released an app update (well... I just got it anyway) and I was hoping it would correct my problem stated above. It didn't. I even uninstalled and re-installed but it didn't correct the issue. Not sure what the update was to address, but it wasn't my issue. 

Also just discovered that I cannot connect to either my H4 or V3 Watch. The app closes as soon as I try. I've reported it.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball

2 hours ago, MIgregb said:

A quick FYI. Shot Scope just released an app update (well... I just got it anyway) and I was hoping it would correct my problem stated above. It didn't. I even uninstalled and re-installed but it didn't correct the issue. Not sure what the update was to address, but it wasn't my issue. 

Also just discovered that I cannot connect to either my H4 or V3 Watch. The app closes as soon as I try. I've reported it.

When you get back into the app, maybe check if there is a firmware update available for either of your devices..?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

45 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

When you get back into the app, maybe check if there is a firmware update available for either of your devices..?

I was wondering whether there was new firmware which was the reason why I wanted to connect. There isn't any snow on the ground here in lower Michigan but I'm not hardy enough to play in mid-30s temps! 🥶

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball

Shot Scope are aware of a problem with the update for Android devices and they're working on it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 12/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, cnosil said:

I believe when you do this the new driver shows up in the stats with a different color. I was hoping to do this with putters, but is doesn’t appear to work for that club.  

I was able to compare/contrast 2 different putters using 2 'P' tags - one showed-up in blue; the other, gold - on my stats from 2020. Both clubs were 'active' in My Bag....I was experimenting between face-balance & toe-hang models.

Moving the same tag from one club to another does not change the color. Extra tags can be purchased via ShotScope (I bought an extra set to modify the putter tag for a counterweighted putter)

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

22 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

I was able to compare/contrast 2 different putters using 2 'P' tags - one showed-up in blue; the other, gold - on my stats from 2020. Both clubs were 'active' in My Bag....I was experimenting between face-balance & toe-hang models.

Moving the same tag from one club to another does not change the color. Extra tags can be purchased via ShotScope (I bought an extra set to modify the putter tag for a counterweighted putter)

Your approach is to get two different tags.  When I change a tag to a different club it will change the color of the club and the associated club metrics.  When I changed the club associated with my P tag it was as you indicated gold and not blue like the prior putter.   But unlike the other clubs,  I can't see the gold stats in the putter performance section. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 12/14/2022 at 11:05 AM, MIgregb said:

A new update just came through which fixed the connect to device crash. I checked and there were no firmware updates for either device. I still have the text rendering issue from when my phone updated to Android 13. 

9 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I still have the text rendering issue form when my phone updated to Android 13. 

That may be a Samsung overlay thing. I have a Pixel 7 (pure Android not overlay) and I don't have that problem in the app.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

That may be a Samsung overlay thing. I have a Pixel 7 (pure Android not overlay) and I don't have that problem in the app.

I suspected Samsung's One UI 5 overlay as well, but you're the 1st person to pretty much confirm that. Not to thread highjack, but my last 3 phones were Pixels. I just wasn't thrilled with the Pixel 6 when I needed a phone last May. I have the S22+ and it's pretty darn nice, but I miss Pixel's phone features (particularly spam handling & VM), built-in calendar (although I use Google's calendar app & it seems to work as well as it did on the Pixel, unlike the phone app) and the amazing things they do with camera software. I should be ready for a new phone about the time the Pixel 9 comes out; hopefully it'll be a good one. Thanks!

Update: MattF, you've nailed it! My wife has a Pixel 5a running Android 13. I just installed the Shotscope app and it works fine. Thanks!

4 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I suspected Samsung's One UI 5 overlay as well, but you're the 1st person to pretty much confirm that. Not to thread highjack, but my last 3 phones were Pixels. I just wasn't thrilled with the Pixel 6 when I needed a phone last May. I have the S22+ and it's pretty darn nice, but I miss Pixel's phone features (particularly spam handling & VM), built-in calendar (although I use Google's calendar app & it seems to work as well as it did on the Pixel, unlike the phone app) and the amazing things they do with camera software. I should be ready for a new phone about the time the Pixel 9 comes out; hopefully it'll be a good one. Thanks!

Update: MattF, you've nailed it! My wife has a Pixel 5a running Android 13. I just installed the Shotscope app and it works fine. Thanks!

Good to hear I was right, I'll have to show my wife!

Android has a lot of issues when the other manufacturers and carriers overlay their own crap, that's why I stay with the Pixels.

In the bag:

Bag: 

No issues at all with iPhone - just sayin 😊

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Played today and downloaded to the new app. I see some interesting 'things'. First off, even though I had the app set up to the correct tee box and course handicap, the downloaded score card had me hitting from the tips. In fact on the first drive it had me hitting from my tee box back to the tips and hitting another drive from there. 

IMG_9503.PNG.9c8fc4a4425839905f0979222d2943f4.PNG

All other holes it had me from the tips - Id like to think I can drive the ball 300 yds - but that day is long past. It also completely missed 2 holes (shows 16 vs. 18 holes) that may (or may not) be my fault as I had a long sleeve jacket on and the cuff of the jacket may have covered the watch - although that;s never been a problem before. 

Also when you go to edit the round it asks if you want to select or create stroke indexes. No idea why it's asking me since I already set up the course tees I was playing along with the course handicap. Any help here would be appreciated. 

set941522063_Screenshot2022-12-16at2_45.00PM(1).png.785f83cd572ef81ef9e78095e43f8f34.png

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@tony@CIC I have no idea about those problems. Maybe email CS?

A couple of new features that I've heard of is that you can now "nudge" a shot when editing using the arrow keys, so you can more accurately move the pin or putt on the green. Also, in the stats it can show you stokes gained by shot.

image.png.c5742e17a198ff87147a7e31c0468c15.png

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

@tony@CIC I have no idea about those problems. Maybe email CS?

A couple of new features that I've heard of is that you can now "nudge" a shot when editing using the arrow keys, so you can more accurately move the pin or putt on the green. Also, in the stats it can show you stokes gained by shot.

image.png.c5742e17a198ff87147a7e31c0468c15.png

I sent CS an email including the pic. BTW the pic in my post shows me hitting my 56* wedge 300 yds 😳 I don't need no stinkin driver 🤣.  FYI, not sure if the Android versions are the same  as iPhone- but I'm running 2.13.5. So much for my previous comment about no issues with the app on my iPhone. 

While waiting for CSD to respond, I'm going to signout and delete the app. That's been the typical remedy in the past and won't download todays round.  Also since my wife and I are golfing today, I'll have her download the round and see if she has the same app quirks. 

The shame of was I had a great round yesterday shooting an 85 including a a bird on a par 5 which I wanted to post on the forum  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@MattF, one ques. In the round edit mode, under 'details', an optional selection in 'Stroke Indexes' do you know what that means? I already selected the course handicap and the tees. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 12/17/2022 at 9:03 AM, tony@CIC said:

@MattF, one ques. In the round edit mode, under 'details', an optional selection in 'Stroke Indexes' do you know what that means? I already selected the course handicap and the tees. 

Stroke Index is discussed here.    It allows you to verify and select the handicap for each hole; 

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000378638-How-do-I-edit-and-sign-off-a-round-on-the-dashboard-

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Stroke Index is discussed here.    It allows you to verify and select the par for each hole;  I play a course that has different par scores for the hole depending on what tees you play.   

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000378638-How-do-I-edit-and-sign-off-a-round-on-the-dashboard-

Thx - in the previous version that appeared when setting up a new tee box for the course. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@tony@CIC I'm too late...not that I knew and would have to have looked it up.

In the bag:

Bag: 

53 minutes ago, MattF said:

@tony@CIC I'm too late...not that I knew and would have to have looked it up.

I had to look it up as well.  🙂

On 12/17/2022 at 3:33 PM, tony@CIC said:

Thx - in the previous version that appeared when setting up a new tee box for the course. 

i updated my answer after having to use it when I was entering my round today.  It allows you to setup the HCP for each hole.   

Well this old dog isn't liking new 'tricks' I'm still having issues with the tee box(s). I checked older rounds that I signed off on and the tee box (green) distance was correct on all of the holes. As mentioned in the earlier post, I did sign out of the app - deleted it and reinstalled. Now I'm wondering if this is a watch issue (not picking up the right tee box location) vs. the app. On yesterday's and today's round it had me hitting off of the tips on every hole. Note: I did check and the proper tee box is selected in the first edit screen. It also missed my fairway wood shot on #1. Initially I thought it might be a sensor issue - but I checked the other holes and the 3W did register. 

image.png.3befa76621dca53b1b732754467edb13.png

I like the button in the lower right (where the add shot +sign use to be)  to toggle between the fairway and greens along the + sign to add shots but can't figure out what the image above the greens toggle is for.  

If @Gavin_Shot_Scope is listening here, a couple of suggestions. Send out an email in advance of the version upgrade including details on the changes. so we're prepped on the change. 2) Do a short youtube video of the changes and how to  edit. A 10 minute video would have saved me a few hours in trying to figure everything out. 

I'm a huge proponent of Shotscope and will continue to use it as it does confirm my progress (or in some cases lack of) . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

@tony@CIC have you asked CS if there needs to be a course update? IIRC that will sometimes fix the tee box issue.

In the bag:

Bag: