Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Only when the putter is used ON the green is it counted as a putt. Every "shot" taken with the putter from OFF the green is included in your short game stats; it is NOT counted as a putt.

I understand, but why do I have to count it when entering number of putts after I hole out? If I dont, what happens? I tagged the putter from on the green so it is a short game shot and not something to count when doing pin collect.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I generally know my club distances and don't need the data accumulated by Shot Scope on par 5s to tell me that.

The way I do it is if my 2nd shot on a par 5 leaves me with more than 50 yards, I mark it positional. If I have less than 50 yards to the hole, then I was going for the green and do not mark it positional.

It isn’t about club distances for me it is about proximity to the hole stats. I get the being inside 50 yards thought, but I am hitting the club to get me as close to the green as possible so it is often inside 50 yards even though I didn’t have the ability to reach the green.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

I understand, but why do I have to count it when entering number of putts after I hole out? If I dont, what happens? I tagged the putter from on the green so it is a short game shot and not something to count when doing pin collect.

You are indicating the number of times you used the putter, not the number of putts.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

23 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Just went through a couple of times trying what you mentioned and didn't seem to have any problems. I did however have the app stall on me when using the "nudge" arrows to move a tee shot more than just a few yards.

Uploaded 16.2 last night and tried the edit feature again. The menu at the bottom is still inactive after an edit so I guess I'll wait to see what the SS programmers say. Under normal circumstances this is not an issue - its happens when I check an old round and the #'s were out of wack for a specific club. BTW, I don't have any issues with the 'nudge' feature. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

15 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Uploaded 16.2 last night and tried the edit feature again. The menu at the bottom is still inactive after an edit so I guess I'll wait to see what the SS programmers say. Under normal circumstances this is not an issue - its happens when I check an old round and the #'s were out of wack for a specific club. BTW, I don't have any issues with the 'nudge' feature. 

Bummer that didn't work. It's interesting that I can't seem to recreate your issue and you can't replicate mine.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, TR1PTIK said:

Bummer that didn't work. It's interesting that I can't seem to recreate your issue and you can't replicate mine.

Hmmm - now I'm wondering if it's a device or device settings issue vs. app. Again not a big issue for me since I rarely would go in after the fact and adjust or add in an older round. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

You are indicating the number of times you used the putter, not the number of putts.

It is what it is, but it makes absolutely no sense from a normal statistics perspective.   When I tag a club, it knows what club I am using.   I guess it is to accommodate manual putt mode where you aren’t or don’t have a tag which allows it to be captured as a short game shot or putt. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It is what it is, but it makes absolutely no sense from a normal statistics perspective.   When I tag a club, it knows what club I am using.   I guess it is to accommodate manual putt mode where you aren’t or don’t have a tag which allows it to be captured as a short game shot or putt. 

Even with the tag, since practice strokes and putts themselves don't have the "force" of even 1/2 to 3/4 to full shots, it would be very easy for the system to miss a shot taken with the putter. In fact, that is why most tap-ins get recorded as 2-foot putts - they are not "sensed". Think of it as a form of checks and balances. The system sorts it out for you.

26 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Even with the tag, since practice strokes and putts themselves don't have the "force" of even 1/2 to 3/4 to full shots, it would be very easy for the system to miss a shot taken with the putter. In fact, that is why most tap-ins get recorded as 2-foot putts - they are not "sensed". Think of it as a form of checks and balances. The system sorts it out for you.

You are thinking V3.  I tap the putter to the sensor for every putt with the H4 in auto mode.  I can practice putt all over the green and it doesn’t record anything.  

I was editing my round on the iPad, trying to add a penalty stroke when I touched the location of the penalty the app closed. This caused me to edit the round all over again. Well, guess what? It happened again. Now I have just spent 30 minutes doing nothing!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I was editing my round on the iPad, trying to add a penalty stroke when I touched the location of the penalty the app closed. This caused me to edit the round all over again. Well, guess what? It happened again. Now I have just spent 30 minutes doing nothing!

With @tony@CIC having the same sort of issue, it sounds like an iOS problem. Do you have a laptop you can use to do it through the dashboard?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Ouch that's terrible. When you got back in did it have your other changes? I don't get kicked out in the normal round edit mode but rather when I go back in to to thw club performance area and edit a particular club/hole. 

I did send SS a message including a comment that the latest version is somewhat buggy. I don't do much on the dashboard because I general edit rounds on my phone in the evening when I'm watching TV. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

26 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Ouch that's terrible. When you got back in did it have your other changes? I don't get kicked out in the normal round edit mode but rather when I go back in to to thw club performance area and edit a particular club/hole. 

I did send SS a message including a comment that the latest version is somewhat buggy. I don't do much on the dashboard because I general edit rounds on my phone in the evening when I'm watching TV. 

I got kicked out three times now. The last time I went in I only tried to add the penalty from where I went in the water on #14 and when I selected the penalty then tapped the screen to add it, I got kicked out. And, every time I go back into the round the edits were not saved so I have to start all over. @MattF @tony@CIC

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

I got kicked out three times now. The last time I went in I only tried to add the penalty from where I went in the water on #14 and when I selected the penalty then tapped the screen to add it, I got kicked out. And, every time I go back into the round the edits were not saved so I have to start all over. @MattF @tony@CIC

Foz, Shotscope's general remedy is sign out/delete app/ reinstall . Try that and see if it works. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Foz, Shotscope's general remedy is sign out/delete app/ reinstall . Try that and see if it works. 

EDIT: I just viewed the youtube video of the new desktop version. It's well worth the 30 min since it points out several features new features that I and you may be unfamiliar with.  Note he also has a video on the mobile version 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Here's a link to the mobile version 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Well, I tried to edit the round again today, starting with adding the penalty on #14 first. All was good until I got to the front nine then, bang, kicked out again. Calmly, I restarted the editing process again, only had to make 4 changes. Finally, success!

14 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Well, I tried to edit the round again today, starting with adding the penalty on #14 first. All was good until I got to the front nine then, bang, kicked out again. Calmly, I restarted the editing process again, only had to make 4 changes. Finally, success!

Foz, you may want to consider clicking the 'file" icon directly above the 'green' and + in the lower right after each edit. That way each edit would be saved even if you get kicked out. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 1/13/2023 at 6:56 PM, fozcycle said:

Foz,

Did SS ever get back to you on the penalty issue? I got kicked out yesterday trying to put in a 1 stroke penalty. My other edits were saved so was able to restart without losing anything. 

On the positive side I really like both the nudging and tap in options. On the latter I left a couple of putts a roll away from the cup - so using the 1' tap in option was nice. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

got kicked out three times trying to edit todays round! Buggers!

I have to ask again, have any of you tried to edit your round using a laptop instead of a tablet? If you did, were you kicked out? If you haven't, try it and see if you get kicked out. I'm almost positive it's an iOS issue.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

I have to ask again, have any of you tried to edit your round using a laptop instead of a tablet? If you did, were you kicked out? If you haven't, try it and see if you get kicked out. I'm almost positive it's an iOS issue.

I edit all my rounds using the computer and online Dashboard with no issues at all. I can't get the Dashboard to even load using a browser on the iPad.

45 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I edit all my rounds using the computer and online Dashboard with no issues at all. I can't get the Dashboard to even load using a browser on the iPad.

On the iPad you use the app not the browser based dashboard 

i saw on the ShotScope Facebook page that an update will be released Friday.  The note says: “anyone who has a coach or golf lessons, you are going to LOVE this.”   Sounds like our stats will be exportable or shareable.     

29 minutes ago, cnosil said:

i saw on the ShotScope Facebook page that an update will be released Friday.  The note says: “anyone who has a coach or golf lessons, you are going to LOVE this.”   Sounds like our stats will be exportable or shareable.     

My advice to @Gavin_Shot_Scope; hold off on new features til you fix the bugs on the current version.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I just added a penalty shot on the laptop/dashboard and didn't get kicked out. So far as I can determine this is an app issue - but may not be limited to iOS. To restate the 2 primary issues I have: getting kicked out like Foz described after adding a penalty and the disappearing/non functional menu at the bottom after going into a previous round to edit a shot. Again as mentioned in previous post I do like the new additional features. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

On the iPad you use the app not the browser based dashboard 

Like I said, I always use the computer and online Dashboard for editing. I know the app is used for editing on both the phone and iPad, but I didn't know, given the problems that @fozcyclewas having, if using a browser on the iPad was an option. Obviously not.

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

Like I said, I always use the computer and online Dashboard for editing. I know the app is used for editing on both the phone and iPad, but I didn't know, given the problems that @fozcyclewas having, if using a browser on the iPad was an option. Obviously not.

It might work and it might not. My wife just finished editing her round from yesterday on her iPad and she didn't kicked out even though she put in 2 penalties. Go figure. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 1/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, tony@CIC said:

My advice to @Gavin_Shot_Scope; hold off on new features til you fix the bugs on the current version.

That’s not how software development works.   😁

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

That’s not how software development works.   😁

Yup - but that's how it should work. 

Left Hand orientation