Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

Old tags and new tags are both compatible with all devices, V3, H4 and X5.

I'm sure it will come with a box of tags.  I'd actually like to see them extend the tag options as I have two hybrids, a full set of wedges and a wood in my bag.  There's enough to make it work, but it would nice to see this expanded.   It would probably mean that the tags are re-designed and not be backwards compatible.  I'm sure the current tags only have 4-bit identifiers.  However, if they went up to 8-bit, maybe they could also get a bit fancier with tracking brand as well as number.  I find that tracking a set that evolves over time a bit clumsy.  I'd like Set A to be red, Set B to be Blue, etc.

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mushball said:

I'm sure it will come with a box of tags.  I'd actually like to see them extend the tag options as I have two hybrids, a full set of wedges and a wood in my bag.  There's enough to make it work, but it would nice to see this expanded.   It would probably mean that the tags are re-designed and not be backwards compatible.  I'm sure the current tags only have 4-bit identifiers.  However, if they went up to 8-bit, maybe they could also get a bit fancier with tracking brand as well as number.  I find that tracking a set that evolves over time a bit clumsy.  I'd like Set A to be red, Set B to be Blue, etc.

Four additional tags will be made available as an accessory pack, H2, 3i, X3, X4

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

It was tempting but I decided to hold off. I have a golf budget for the year and decided to spend $200 on 4 lessons instead.  My V3 has been a solid performer and figured any golf improvement would come from lessons vs. updated technology. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

It was tempting but I decided to hold off. I have a golf budget for the year and decided to spend $200 on 4 lessons instead.  My V3 has been a solid performer and figured any golf improvement would come from lessons vs. updated technology. 

Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣  Got the Stealth Black. I like the added hole layout features as I play several new courses every year, not to mention the improved tracking capabilities. Now that I own a V2 watch, V3 watch and the H4, let's see if this one lowers my handicap!!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

25 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣  

Yes I know, however, I'm still a huge SS supporter. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I think I will make my V3 available as I have a full set of unused tags. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I think I will make my V3 available as I have a full set of unused tags. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Hmmm, I have been toying with the idea of more data collection...

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

4 hours ago, MIgregb said:

Heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣  Got the Stealth Black. I like the added hole layout features as I play several new courses every year, not to mention the improved tracking capabilities. Now that I own a V2 watch, V3 watch and the H4, let's see if this one lowers my handicap!!!

Currently, the only "layout" shown is the green. They have plans to have the entire hole shown, maybe as early as this summer.

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

Currently, the only "layout" shown is the green. They have plans to have the entire hole shown, maybe as early as this summer.

Yes, but it now tells dogleg distances.  It may be in the similar form of the current layup and hazard distances, but I'd say it's still part of course layout.  Just not graphical.  If the graphics come later, even more cool.  

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

On 3/13/2023 at 12:38 PM, MIgregb said:

The Samsung March 2023 update for my S22+ just came through (now with One UI 5.1 overlay) and the same home screen display issue is still present on the app. I get that developing apps for Android is a bigger challenge than for iOS (there has to be a few advantages to locking down an OS), and Samsung makes it an even bigger challenge with it's One UI.  But it's not like Samsung is a minor player in the market with a handful of smartphones with which they have to contend. This display issue has persisted since November. Everything still seems to function, it's very annoying to have to drill down to see basic round info on the app. Rant finished... for now.

OK... so now they're just pissing me off! An app update just came through and I had my usual high hopes that they finally fixed the 6-month-old display problem when using the latest Samsung Android software. But the only change I can find is an ad banner on the home page pushing the X5! I already bought an X5. I've also bought a V2, a V3 and an H4. Fix the dang app already!!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

3 hours ago, MIgregb said:

OK... so now they're just pissing me off! An app update just came through and I had my usual high hopes that they finally fixed the 6-month-old display problem when using the latest Samsung Android software. But the only change I can find is an ad banner on the home page pushing the X5! I already bought an X5. I've also bought a V2, a V3 and an H4. Fix the dang app already!!!

Are you sure it's not the Samsung or phone company overlay that's the issue?

I have a Pixel and get straight Android, no overlays and don't have any of the issues that people are complaining about.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Are you sure it's not the Samsung or phone company overlay that's the issue?

I have a Pixel and get straight Android, no overlays and don't have any of the issues that people are complaining about.

You are correct; it's probably Samsung's One UI 5.1 overlay. In fact, we briefly chatted about this previously and I confirmed your hypothesis by using my wife's Pixel 5a. But it isn't like Samsung is some rinky-dink handset provider with a few thousand out on the market. They're the 2nd largest manufacturer in the world, 2nd only to iPhone. They have millions of handsets on the market using this same software.  And I have hundreds of other apps on my phone (including system apps and my own downloaded apps), and Shot Scope's is the only one unable to work correctly.  I just think that 6 months should be enough time to figure things out.

BTW, in spite of my frustration with the app, I'm still a Shot Scope fan and I'm anxious to get the X5. I just don't want them to get complacent by thinking everything is sunshine and roses!! 🤗

6 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I have a Galaxy S8 and don't have any banners. Does it pop up when you log into the app?

Edited by rlb4

29 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

I have a Galaxy S8 and don't have any banners. Does it pop up when you log into the app?

Yes. I've gotten in the habit of "clearing data" after every update (says it's Ver 3.13.2). But after logging back in, the X5 ad banner was just under the Connect Device banner. The good part is that they gave you the option of hiding it once you've read it, so I did.  

20 hours ago, MIgregb said:

You are correct; it's probably Samsung's One UI 5.1 overlay. In fact, we briefly chatted about this previously and I confirmed your hypothesis by using my wife's Pixel 5a. But it isn't like Samsung is some rinky-dink handset provider with a few thousand out on the market. They're the 2nd largest manufacturer in the world, 2nd only to iPhone. They have millions of handsets on the market using this same software.  And I have hundreds of other apps on my phone (including system apps and my own downloaded apps), and Shot Scope's is the only one unable to work correctly.  I just think that 6 months should be enough time to figure things out.

BTW, in spite of my frustration with the app, I'm still a Shot Scope fan and I'm anxious to get the X5. I just don't want them to get complacent by thinking everything is sunshine and roses!! 🤗

Can you bluetooth to the desktop app instead? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

26 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Can you bluetooth to the desktop app instead? 

I didn't know that was even possible. But if I'm at my PC, I can just log into the Shot Scope website and do everything from there. It's when I'm reviewing the round at the golf course, or otherwise away from my PC, that the app's wonky display is a bother. Thanks! 

22 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I didn't know that was even possible. But if I'm at my PC, I can just log into the Shot Scope website and do everything from there. It's when I'm reviewing the round at the golf course, or otherwise away from my PC, that the app's wonky display is a bother. Thanks! 

Ok I now understand - I thought it was the editing function after the sync  when you got back home. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Got the X5 in yesterday - it's a pretty solid piece of equipment. Only issue I see right now is for some reason it thinks March 26this Monday and not Sunday. We'll check with Gavin about that. 

It appears to be a little more streamlined than, say, a Garmin, and you can see the comparison pix next to the Apple watch. It's not meant to be a Smart Watch, but I could see wearing this off course, especially since I only use maybe 1/100th of the Apple watch's capabilities. 

The sensors are very different - you can see the screw portion is a good bit longer for a better fit, and the head itself is larger - the better to have fewer missed shots, my dear 😉

Have the bag all set up for today's season opener at Black Swan in Georgetown, MA. Going to game the new MacGregor MT86 OS irons - golly Moses they're pretty.  The rest of the bag includes the Wilson Staff Dynapower 3-wood (do not ignore this weapon - it's really good). PXG Gen 4 hybrid, Srixon ZX Utility 3 iron and the MacGregors 5-PW. The wedges are something new that I can't show you until tomorrow. 

IMG-6986.jpg

IMG-6988.jpg

70148656797--3ED93660-57C4-4E6F-B878-AD104C685E12.jpg

IMG-6980.JPG

IMG-6981.JPG

IMG-6982.JPG

IMG-6983.JPG

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Got the X5 in yesterday - it's a pretty solid piece of equipment. Only issue I see right now is for some reason it thinks March 26this Monday and not Sunday. We'll check with Gavin about that. 

It appears to be a little more streamlined than, say, a Garmin, and you can see the comparison pix next to the Apple watch. It's not meant to be a Smart Watch, but I could see wearing this off course, especially since I only use maybe 1/100th of the Apple watch's capabilities. 

The sensors are very different - you can see the screw portion is a good bit longer for a better fit, and the head itself is larger - the better to have fewer missed shots, my dear 😉

Have the bag all set up for today's season opener at Black Swan in Georgetown, MA. Going to game the new MacGregor MT86 OS irons - golly Moses they're pretty.  The rest of the bag includes the Wilson Staff Dynapower 3-wood (do not ignore this weapon - it's really good). PXG Gen 4 hybrid, Srixon ZX Utility 3 iron and the MacGregors 5-PW. The wedges are something new that I can't show you until tomorrow. 

IMG-6986.jpg

IMG-6988.jpg

IMG-6980.JPG

IMG-6981.JPG

IMG-6982.JPG

IMG-6983.JPG

May be a silly question, but how well does the X5 function as well just a normal watch?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Only issue I see right now is for some reason it thinks March 26this Monday and not Sunday. We'll check with Gavin about that. 

Have you synced it with your phone, yet? I wonder if that wouldn't correct the time and date.

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

IMG-6986.jpg

IMG-6988.jpg

IMG-6980.JPG

IMG-6981.JPG

IMG-6982.JPG

IMG-6983.JPG

Sweet! That does look very similar to my Samsung Gear watch - rotating bezel & all. Very nice design @Gavin_Shot_Scope

Glad you're able to get out today, @GolfSpy Barbajo  Two inches of rain here the last 2 days has left things pretty soggy/muddy following the spring thaw. Of course, my showers predicted tonight. Did someone move Indiana to the Pacific NW while I was sleeping???

Let us know how the recording performance goes & if the new features (i.e., layup yardages, etc) are beneficial

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Learned something very important - it's a VERY good idea to download the User Manual and actually read the damn thing before going out and playing.  On some levels it's very intuitive, but like most things, you really do need to RTFM (read the fu#$@%ing manual). Worked like a champ for the first 12 holes and the I tried to access a few other functions -- and then I did something dumb (really not sure what) and wound up turning off the tracking function - wasn't really aware of doing it until I synched everything up at home. 

I want to stress - that's user error, 100%. For the first 12 holes it worked flawlessly.  Putting it still a crap shoot -- it's ability to pick up the first putt is only so-so - very similar to ARCOSS on that respect. Best to place the putts as best you can during post round editing. 

Several positives -- my previous Shot Scope devices would take forever to find the course and start the GPS section. The X5 started up in no time at all. Numbers were as spot on as a GPS could be, although the doglegs were a little confusing. Again, I need to RTFM to really know. 

Nothing turned me off - in all I've found Shot Scope to be a hell of a lot better than ARCOSS, which led to nothing but frustration for me (especially when it couldn't find Pinehurst #2 or #4 when I played). 

The layup yardages worked just fine -- you do have to hold down the lock button for a few seconds to be able to move to different screens to get them - again, if yours truly had RTFM he would have known beforehand and not looked like such a doofus. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

May be a silly question, but how well does the X5 function as well just a normal watch?

It's functional - face options are limited. It tells time okay, but it's not fancy. It works...and it's counted steps. 

7 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Have you synced it with your phone, yet? I wonder if that wouldn't correct the time and date.

Did sync it with the phone, and it still had the wrong day.  I let Gavin know - he's going to look into it. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

34 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Learned something very important - it's a VERY good idea to download the User Manual and actually read the damn thing before going out and playing.  On some levels it's very intuitive, but like most things, you really do need to RTFM (read the fu#$@%ing manual). Worked like a champ for the first 12 holes and the I tried to access a few other functions -- and then I did something dumb (really not sure what) and wound up turning off the tracking function - wasn't really aware of doing it until I synched everything up at home. 

I want to stress - that's user error, 100%. For the first 12 holes it worked flawlessly.  Putting it still a crap shoot -- it's ability to pick up the first putt is only so-so - very similar to ARCOSS on that respect. Best to place the putts as best you can during post round editing. 

Several positives -- my previous Shot Scope devices would take forever to find the course and start the GPS section. The X5 started up in no time at all. Numbers were as spot on as a GPS could be, although the doglegs were a little confusing. Again, I need to RTFM to really know. 

Nothing turned me off - in all I've found Shot Scope to be a hell of a lot better than ARCOSS, which led to nothing but frustration for me (especially when it couldn't find Pinehurst #2 or #4 when I played). 

The layup yardages worked just fine -- you do have to hold down the lock button for a few seconds to be able to move to different screens to get them - again, if yours truly had RTFM he would have known beforehand and not looked like such a doofus. 

@GolfSpy Barbajo  Thanks for being the guinea pig, lab rat, sacrificial lamb, or whatever you prefer

For those of us to come: https://shotscope.com/us/getstarted/x5/userguide/  Personally, mine doesn't ship until the week after The Masters so I have plenty of study time. Besides, the weather here has been sketchy & I'll have no conflict between watching/playing. After 4 months of dormancy, what's another 2 weeks 😭

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, TylorJudd said:

Looks like that will be a persistent problem

So I reached out to SS user support, they pushed an update and voila. The championship course in my city was found. Worked great today, missed 21 strokes... But I use a backup app as well so no biggie. Pretty awesome little system

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

I have been hearing a lot about the new X5, and receiving several emails from ShotScope attempting to temp me into purchasing.  Looking over the specs of the device, for me it is just not the time.   I will wait until I start hearing from people who have already purchased, and used it, to get their thoughts and impressions.  For the moment I will stay with my V3.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

15 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Putting it still a crap shoot -- it's ability to pick up the first putt is only so-so ...

... previous Shot Scope devices would take forever to find the course and start the GPS section. The X5 started up in no time at all.

Hmmm not happy to hear about the putting, but am glad about the quick startup.

Didn't see mentioned - did the Date / Time adjust after you'd connected to a GPS signal?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Hmmm not happy to hear about the putting, but am glad about the quick startup.

Didn't see mentioned - did the Date / Time adjust after you'd connected to a GPS signal?

Didn't notice during the round - but just looked at it now and date and day are correct. Not sure why it was wrong or what changed it, but it's fine now. 

Putting with ARCOSS and ShotScope is what it is -- I'm wondering if the AI element of X5 will improve putting stats over time. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Weird about the putting. I've never had a problem with the V3 picking up the first putts on a hole.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Weird about the putting. I've never had a problem with the V3 picking up the first putts on a hole.

Same here - putting is not a problem ...at least for the V3. Me on the other hand ....let's not talk about it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart