Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Just ordered mine today. Looking forward to taking it out for a spin. FYI, I’m coming from Arccos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

1 hour ago, nupezb said:

Just ordered mine today. Looking forward to taking it out for a spin. FYI, I’m coming from Arccos.

You'll never look back. I just saw ARRCOS latest commercial they show the sensors along with the link and a watch. Of course that's not an ARRCOS watch but an Apple Watch. So spend the money for an Apple Watch then the $150/yr for the ARRCOS subscription - what a deal (re: sarcasm).

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

PSA for all using the X5 - I was pressing too many buttons too many times on the course today and the watch locked up on me. Note: you can easily reset it by pressing and holding the top bezel - it will show a countdown - hold until it goes to 0. I think it took about 10 sec.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

You'll never look back. I just saw ARRCOS latest commercial they show the sensors along with the link and a watch. Of course that's not an ARRCOS watch but an Apple Watch. So spend the money for an Apple Watch then the $150/yr for the ARRCOS subscription - what a deal (re: sarcasm).

Yes, I have been with ARRCOS for four years. I started using their smart grips, and as I got new clubs (Drivers and Woods), I went to the sensors. I’ve had the Gen1 link (very disappointing) and different putting sensors. I recently purchased new irons and was about to order new sensors. I had the sensors in my cart, and I was looking for my member's discount code when I realized my subscription service would start in May. Since I originally purchased the smart grips, I had for years to use the dashboard without a subscription.

I considered getting an Apple Watch to view my Arccos data while playing. That’s when the X5 dropped. It was a no-brainer after I tallied the costs for the additional Arccos equipment and subscription.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I used my X5 yesterday for the first time.  Overall great experience, but I will hold off on doing a review until I have a few rounds played.

However, I do have two quick questions:

1. Satellite acquiring: I noticed gaining a satellite took a very long time. Is this normal? I'm used to my trustee Garmin S20 and can lock on to a satellite while walking to my tee box. 

2. Playing the Back 9: My club has three 9-hole courses (Red, White, and Blue).  After finishing the Blue course, I selected to play the back nine for the red course.  Unfortunately, the club blew the weather horn at the same time, and we didn't play the back nine.  Walking to the clubhouse, my watch wasn't tracking. I wasn't sure if I had pushed the wrong button or if the watch had stopped.  I will investigate this on another day. However, I wanted to know if anybody else has experienced this.  

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I continue to have long delays waiting on the watch to connect to the satellite.  I've actually missed entire holes because of it.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 hours ago, nupezb said:

I used my X5 yesterday for the first time.  Overall great experience, but I will hold off on doing a review until I have a few rounds played.

However, I do have two quick questions:

1. Satellite acquiring: I noticed gaining a satellite took a very long time. Is this normal? I'm used to my trustee Garmin S20 and can lock on to a satellite while walking to my tee box. 

2. Playing the Back 9: My club has three 9-hole courses (Red, White, and Blue).  After finishing the Blue course, I selected to play the back nine for the red course.  Unfortunately, the club blew the weather horn at the same time, and we didn't play the back nine.  Walking to the clubhouse, my watch wasn't tracking. I wasn't sure if I had pushed the wrong button or if the watch had stopped.  I will investigate this on another day. However, I wanted to know if anybody else has experienced this.  

Very fair of you to give it time to evaluate before reviewing based on initial euphoria/disappointment 👍

GPS acquisition - technically is dependent on multiple factors, i.e. LOS (line of sight), clouds, atmosphere, yada yada yada, As for X5 specific: the videos/FAQs state it can take 5+ minutes for GPS acquisition on initial use; subsequent connections should be quicker. So keep that in mind for your comparison next round.

Playing the back 9 - I'll leave this for others on this forum more-knowledgeable than myself (as I haven't encountered this issue/question).

Look forward to your eventual review since you have experience with both 'top shelf' shot-tracking systems

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

6 hours ago, nupezb said:

We're set up with 3 nines here as well: Falcon, Ibis and Osprey. In the 2 outings with the X5, at the end of the first 9, I got the menu with one item being 'play back 9;. The other 2 courses came up as selections with no tracking problems. I can also acquire  all of the 9's from my house which is 1/2 mile from the courses so not sure if you selected the wrong button or just didn't hit the right button to play the back. As to GPS, it mentions in the manual that it'll initially take longer to access the GPS signal, but after a couple of times the course will come up faster. 

Coming from the V3 will take a bit of getting use to for me because of all the menu items. So far I'm just utilizing in the GPS/Tracking mode the FMB, Putts and scoring (I love that feature), I also don't want to hold up the group as I play with the watch selections since we all like to play fast. . As I get more use to the X5, I'll definitely utilize the hazards and pin placement features as well. 

On a separate note: my wife just got notification that her white X5 is being shipped - she's a happy camper. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We're set up with 3 nines here as well: Falcon, Ibis and Osprey. In the 2 outings with the X5, at the end of the first 9, I got the menu with one item being 'play back 9;. The other 2 courses came up as selections with no tracking problems. I can also acquire  all of the 9's from my house which is 1/2 mile from the courses so not sure if you selected the wrong button or just didn't hit the right button to play the back. As to GPS, it mentions in the manual that it'll initially take longer to access the GPS signal, but after a couple of times the course will come up faster. 
Coming from the V3 will take a bit of getting use to for me because of all the menu items. So far I'm just utilizing in the GPS/Tracking mode the FMB, Putts and scoring (I love that feature), I also don't want to hold up the group as I play with the watch selections since we all like to play fast. . As I get more use to the X5, I'll definitely utilize the hazards and pin placement features as well. 
On a separate note: my wife just got notification that her white X5 is being shipped - she's a happy camper. 

oh yeah, the manual…I probably should’ve stated that I got my X5 2 hours before my tee time. I was too busy trying to get it charged to 25% so I could do the firmware update. I grabbed my battery pack, plugged in my X5, and headed to the course. I took it off the charger roughly 15 mins before we teed off. So, needless to say, I didn’t read it.

I did have some time to kill today, but not enough time to play, so I went to the driving. While at the range, I did test the acquire satellite's speed, the initial one took longer the subsequent ones were shorter. Lesson Learned.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I live close enough to a private golf course that I was able to test something out this afternoon at home. I have noticed the watch being very sluggish responding to swipes while on the course, if it responds at all. So I went into settings and changed the golf lock option to disable. I went into the front yard and hit the GPS and Track option. After it found the course, I started swiping right and left and the watch was very responsive, changing screens practically instantly. I wonder if the responsiveness is somehow tied to the device having "lock" enabled or disabled (yes, I unlock the device on the course before swiping). Since you have to swipe to change screens, and now they have the vibration and warning if the crown button is pushed too long, what would be the disadvantage of playing with it "unlocked"?

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

11 hours ago, JerryB said:

I continue to have long delays waiting on the watch to connect to the satellite.  I've actually missed entire holes because of it.  

I've noticed this also. I started the round before teeing off today, waited to be the last person to tee off, then walked to my first shot and it didn't connect until I was about to hit my approach shot. Much longer than 5 minutes and we didn't have a cloud in the sky. 

My bag is a revolving door!

8 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I've noticed this also. I started the round before teeing off today, waited to be the last person to tee off, then walked to my first shot and it didn't connect until I was about to hit my approach shot. Much longer than 5 minutes and we didn't have a cloud in the sky. 

Just curious. Was it your first time playing that course? If not, how long since you last played it? Even with the V3, I have found if I haven't played my home course in a week or more, it takes a very long time to find the satellites and synch the course.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

Second outing with the X5 yesterday. Locating the satellites took over 5 minutes but it was a very cloudy day on Ohio yesterday with occasional sleet. The X5 missed all of 2 shots, one being 2 hits out of a bunker, so no complaints there. Upload after the round at home was quick and easy.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

13 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

I live close enough to a private golf course that I was able to test something out this afternoon at home. I have noticed the watch being very sluggish responding to swipes while on the course, if it responds at all. So I went into settings and changed the golf lock option to disable. I went into the front yard and hit the GPS and Track option. After it found the course, I started swiping right and left and the watch was very responsive, changing screens practically instantly. I wonder if the responsiveness is somehow tied to the device having "lock" enabled or disabled (yes, I unlock the device on the course before swiping). Since you have to swipe to change screens, and now they have the vibration and warning if the crown button is pushed too long, what would be the disadvantage of playing with it "unlocked"?

Interesting. I noticed sluggishness when swiping occasionally as well. I'm supposed play tomorrow and will give the "disable lock" a try to see if I get any unintended swipes. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Had another run at the X5 today playing 18. I made sure the watch was charged 100%

I timed the GPS acquisition and it took 1 min and 45 sec today. 

On the course, the X5 shut down the GPS Tracking on it's own - no prompts - it just went to the clock screen. Since it was raining, I decided to wait for the turn to reengage the GPS Tracking. The same thing happened but this time in addition to losing the GPS Tracking, I also showed that I had 10% battery. So I shutdown the watch completely since I knew it couldn't go another 7 holes. Weird especially since it was fully charged. 

Unless I hear from SS support with a stable solution I'll just use my V3 til there's a stable solution. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I really don't know why some people are having issues with their X5. I've only used mine twice but it's worked almost flawlessly both times.

I suspect that a lot of the shutting off issues may be caused by right handers wearing a glove. I have noticed that the top button is pretty sensitive to touch and since I don't wear a glove, I haven't had an issue with the watch going back to the watch face or shutting off "by itself".

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

On the course, the X5 shut down the GPS Tracking on it's own - no prompts - it just went to the clock screen. 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I suspect that a lot of the shutting off issues may be caused by right handers wearing a glove. I have noticed that the top button is pretty sensitive to touch and since I don't wear a glove, I haven't had an issue with the watch going back to the watch face or shutting off "by itself".

I'm curious whether either of you had the lock feature turned off for golf? I'm assuming that's one of the reasons SS has separate lock functions for golf and watch.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

** in desperate need for 8-10 tags but cannot find them anywhere (sold out on the shotscope website) ... HELP! **

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

24 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I'm curious whether either of you had the lock feature turned off for golf? I'm assuming that's one of the reasons SS has separate lock functions for golf and watch.

Interesting question. First off, I'm left handed so wearing the watch on my right hand and I've used the watch 2 other times and it worked just fine. Additionally I did not disable the lock feature. If I had I might be able rationalize the inadvertent closure of the round - but even then I normally get an end prompt so I would have had to click it at least twice. The other issue is why after restarting at the turn did the battery show in the red. BTW that was later confirmed when I charged it - that the the battery was almost empty . The previous time that I played 18 with it, I had no issues with the watch and the battery at the end of 18 had enough juice to play at least another 18. What would have caused the battery to drain so quickly.  

Also nothing unusual in the settings that I've set up - scoring is on along with the auto putting mode. Lastly as reported previously I'm just using the FMB functions so not even scrolling through the hazard and pin placement screens. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Interesting question. First off, I'm left handed so wearing the watch on my right hand and I've used the watch 2 other times and it worked just fine. Additionally I did not disable the lock feature. If I had I might be able rationalize the inadvertent closure of the round - but even then I normally get an end prompt so I would have had to click it at least twice. The other issue is why after restarting at the turn did the battery show in the red. BTW that was later confirmed when I charged it - that the the battery was almost empty . The previous time that I played 18 with it, I had no issues with the watch and the battery at the end of 18 had enough juice to play at least another 18. What would have caused the battery to drain so quickly.  

Also nothing unusual in the settings that I've set up - scoring is on along with the auto putting mode. Lastly as reported previously I'm just using the FMB functions so not even scrolling through the hazard and pin placement screens. 

I'm so observant, it's painful! You only have your left-handed play mentioned in two places so I can't really be expected to pick up on that! 🤪 Yep, that makes perfect sense.

The battery drainage is a huge question. I'm still of the opinion, although I still have more testing to do, that the .84 firmware update not only didn't help my battery usage, it made it worse. Not drain-the-battery-in-minutes worse, but worse. I know SS monitors this blog and it'd be nice if they could comment on some of the issues.

Although I'm still waiting for ANY comment or, preferably, an update that makes the SS app display text correctly on my Samsung/Android 13/One UI5.1 phone, a problem since November of last year. I know, I know... I'm a broken record. But it's still a pain-in-the-a$$ and I've never seen or heard anything from SS about it. 

Thanks for the update!!

12 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I'm so observant, it's painful! You only have your left-handed play mentioned in two places so I can't really be expected to pick up on that! 🤪 Yep, that makes perfect sense.

The battery drainage is a huge question. I'm still of the opinion, although I still have more testing to do, that the .84 firmware update not only didn't help my battery usage, it made it worse. Not drain-the-battery-in-minutes worse, but worse. I know SS monitors this blog and it'd be nice if they could comment on some of the issues.

Although I'm still waiting for ANY comment or, preferably, an update that makes the SS app display text correctly on my Samsung/Android 13/One UI5.1 phone, a problem since November of last year. I know, I know... I'm a broken record. But it's still a pain-in-the-a$$ and I've never seen or heard anything from SS about it. 

Thanks for the update!!

Of course you could go to the 'darkside' and switch to an ios phone 😛.

What I find interesting is the difference between the rounds - one time I have plenty of charge the last round almost fully drained before the end of 9. There has to be either a loop or a parasitic drain in one of the functions.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I really don't know why some people are having issues with their X5. I've only used mine twice but it's worked almost flawlessly both times.

I do wear a glove but I didn’t have that shutting off issue during my only outing. However, I will keep that in mind the next time I go out.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Of course you could go to the 'darkside' and switch to an ios phone 😛.

And here I thought you liked me!!! 🫠 Actually, I used to be pretty negative about Apple products in general. But now they have reasonably priced phones that offer features/workability/customizations (I'm not sure of the best descriptor here) I would like, but I'm not about to change my entire ecosphere to buy one. And, not to beat a dead horse, but the Shot Scope app is the ONLY app of the nearly 200 apps on my phone that can't figure out how to play nice with One IU5. My guess is that they only need to want to fix it.

34 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

And here I thought you liked me!!! 🫠 

🤣. Sorry I can't help you with the  phone issues - I am surprised since I know a bunch of guys that use your operating system and the SS app. Maybe @MattF can help you. 

Even though I having issues with the X5, I love the watch and all of the new features. Knowing SS they're diligently working on the firmware(?) issue. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

🤣. Sorry I can't help you with the  phone issues - I am surprised since I know a bunch of guys that use your operating system and the SS app. Maybe @MattF can help you. 

Even though I having issues with the X5, I love the watch and all of the new features. Knowing SS they're diligently working on the firmware(?) issue. 

If I remember right, he has a Pixel phone which doesn't have the same issue. I usually buy Pixels myself, but I didn't like their offering at the time I needed one. It does seem to be something funky with Samsung's One UI 5 (it worked before that time), but my contention is that no one else whose apps I use has the same issue. Anyway I, too, am still a fan and really like the X5, much more so that any of the other 4 devices I've owned (1 Arccos, 3 Shot Scope). Thanks!

I'm really struggling to get used to the X5 alter the V3, which will just take time.  My bigger issue is with the touch screen and my fat fingers.  Screen seems overly sensitive for me.  Again these are more "me" issues and should be resolved over time.

I like the scoring option but don't like that I have to adjust it on every hole.  I think I remember reading that the score that pops up is based on hitting the green in regulation plus your putts, or something along those lines.  Which leads to my original V3 review and mini rant about SS not always helpful for higher handicappers.

These are all nit-picks though and overall I'm pretty happy with the X5.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

I'm really struggling to get used to the X5 alter the V3, which will just take time.  My bigger issue is with the touch screen and my fat fingers.  Screen seems overly sensitive for me.  Again these are more "me" issues and should be resolved over time.

I like the scoring option but don't like that I have to adjust it on every hole.  I think I remember reading that the score that pops up is based on hitting the green in regulation plus your putts, or something along those lines.  Which leads to my original V3 review and mini rant about SS not always helpful for higher handicappers.

These are all nit-picks though and overall I'm pretty happy with the X5.

FYI you can turn off scoring when the menu first comes up under GPS Tracking. And yes it did take me a couple of holes to remember that the scoring is based in GIR and 2 putts. 

I'm still getting use to the swipe mode vs the buttons on V3 but managing through it. It'll be interesting when it gets really hot (i sweat a lot) if it's as responsive to the touch. I know my iPhone doesn't do well with wet fingers. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I really like the scoring option as I never keep score myself.  On solo rounds I always did the post round shot scope stuff to find out how I did but sometimes I would get hazy on whether or not a stroke was accounted for.  Now it's easier to keep track of when it's hole by hole.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

After recently reporting an error on one of our courses (par 4 showing as par 3) and SS making the changes and my updating that and the other three courses on my G3, I noticed "layup" yardages for the first time when opening the (!) function for hazards distances.  I'd not seen this before; only the distances to the front and back (carry) of bunkers and water hazards. 

It kind of confused me at first as the 150 layup looked like it would certainly drop me dead center in the middle of the lake fronting #18. I had to hit the advance button to get to the water front and clear distances.  Having played this hole enough, I pretty much knew the yardage and hit a 9i layup. I didn't have time to really check where the 100/150/200 layup numbers would end up.

Perhaps some/many of you have seen and used this function on your device, but it was a first for me and had me scrambling for a moment 🤨.  My quick search suggests these are points from the tee.  I don't know about most of you, but I rarely care about layup distances from the tee.  If there are no trouble spots in the fairway, I'm in the "bash the friggin ball down range as far as possible, I'll pick the appropriate club from there" player group 🤣.

So who uses the layup function?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

32 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

"bash the friggin ball down range as far as possible, I'll pick the appropriate club from there" player group 🤣.

So who uses the layup function?

I follow the bold strategy.  What is a layup? 🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG