Shotscope Users Group

DarthGator007

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Ok I confess - I don't know the difference or the benefits of manual putting over auto. SS instructions only show how to change the settings from one to another but not explain the difference. FYI I do have the Putter tag installed, my watch is set on auto and I have been recording the # of putts over the hole. 

The benefit is accuracy on where the putt was taken. And, you can hold the putter with the tag near the watch without it tagging a putt location.

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

The benefit is accuracy on where the putt was taken. And, you can hold the putter with the tag near the watch without it tagging a putt location.

I will second the manual putt feature. It also makes it easier to not have to mess with a tag on grips like a super stroke or the like. Also I have found the putter locations to be pretty accurate.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

i just got selected for the shotscope v3 testing, so i'm reading back through this thread for pointers to make using the watch as beneficial as possible.  

manual putting seems to be a no brainer.  am i correct in assuming that you tap the watch while standing over your ball so it picks up the location, then tap it again when you hole out so it knows the hole location?

• Like 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

i just got selected for the shotscope v3 testing, so i'm reading back through this thread for pointers to make using the watch as beneficial as possible.  

manual putting seems to be a no brainer.  am i correct in assuming that you tap the watch while standing over your ball so it picks up the location, then tap it again when you hole out so it knows the hole location?

Yupp thats exactly it. You will see a button to tap for adding a putt, and then one for marking the pin, since there are 4 to 5 buttons on the watch they can give it its own.

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Just now, ejgaudette said:

Yupp thats exactly it. You will see a button to tap for adding a putt, and then one for marking the pin, since there are 4 to 5 buttons on the watch they can give it its own.

let's  imagine the crazy hypothetical where i don't hole out in 1 putt on a hole (laughable, i know)

tap button to add my first putt, stroke putt, walk to ball, add again, hit again, walk to hole, add pin?

is that right? i mean it'll never happen, but it'll be useful for my review so that people who don't drain every putt can understand how the watch works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

12 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

let's  imagine the crazy hypothetical where i don't hole out in 1 putt on a hole (laughable, i know)

tap button to add my first putt, stroke putt, walk to ball, add again, hit again, walk to hole, add pin?

is that right? i mean it'll never happen, but it'll be useful for my review so that people who don't drain every putt can understand how the watch works.

Correct again for use mere mortals that miss a putt that is what we have to do. Sucks but we get by.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Correct again for use mere mortals that miss a putt that is what we have to do. Sucks but we get by.

😂😂😂  im really sorry for the struggles you have to endure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

😂😂😂  im really sorry for the struggles you have to endure. 

It can be hard to get out of the bed in the morning, but somehow I manage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Congrats on being selected as a tester! I'm looking forward to your review - although as a SS user I think I can predict it.  😀

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

another question for you guys headed into my test:

i use stats primarily to feed my ego and self worth, so those average distances need to be WAY up there.  i use 7/8 irons around the green quite a bit for bump and run chip shots.  are these gonna skew my averages and make me look like a far inferior man? will i have to put the 8i sensor in my driver for a few shots to make up the difference? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i use stats primarily to feed my ego and self worth, so those average distances need to be WAY up there.  i use 7/8 irons around the green quite a bit for bump and run chip shots.  are these gonna skew my averages and make me look like a far inferior man? will i have to put the 8i sensor in my driver for a few shots to make up the difference? 

There is an option when editing your round to mark a shot as positional, I use this for punch out or less than full shots as it will not get included in the clubs averages. I do this mostly on my desktop, screen shot below

image.png.7bf34ba21f3345dc109920596fda9f9e.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

There is an option when editing your round to mark a shot as positional, I use this for punch out or less than full shots as it will not get included in the clubs averages. I do this mostly on my desktop, screen shot below

image.png.7bf34ba21f3345dc109920596fda9f9e.png

Note to self:  Buy ShotScope and only keep Career shots.  Mark all else as "positional" so that I can win internet arguments with people.

Thanks for the tip! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

8 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Note to self:  Buy ShotScope and only keep Career shots.  Mark all else as "positional" so that I can win internet arguments with people.

Thanks for the tip! 

Yup how else is my driving "average" 295

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Yup how else is my driving "average" 295

Epic Max LS.... that's how!  :callaway-small:💣💣💣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

Also, if I remember correctly, shots within 50 yds. of the green will not used in distance measurements.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

That's one thing I kind of like about SS vs Arccos. Arccos supposedly recognizes and filters things like this and does not include them in distance data. The SS method allows you to have more control and know for sure it is excluded since you really know your intent.

FWIW, @Chip Strokes, I would lean towards recommending you exclude more "non-optimal" shots early on to help establish your distances faster. For example, mark a chunked 7 iron as positional so that 100 yard shot won't contribute to your average.

• Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

Once you start generating club data, you can go to the 'clubs' screen. There you'll see three selections: P-Avg, Average and Longest. The P-Avg knocks out the outliers - both low and high. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

3 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

Or... if you hole out from off the green (whoo hoo!) there is a 0 (zero) putt button you'd press at the pin location.

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

On 9/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, tony@CIC said:

For those just starting out with SS - here's a great link on shot/hole editing. This is a desktop version, I think there's a mobile version also. 

And the mobile version

Throughout the video it shows 2 colors for select clubs such as 7i (see 5:54 in the video) are there 2 different 7i's in his bag or is logic eluding me today? 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

i use 7/8 irons around the green quite a bit for bump and run chip shots.  are these gonna skew my averages and make me look like a far inferior man?

Was just gonna enter a comment on this topic ...

YES! But...

There is a "Positional" option to mark shots that are, eg., punch-outs, lay-ups, etc. But note - if your bump and runs are inside of 50 yds then don't do this as they'll count as Short Game shots (and not as full shot / approach shots).

You can mark a "Positional" shot on the watch, or in post-round editing.

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.