Jump to content

Shotscope Users Group


DarthGator007

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Throughout the video it shows 2 colors for select clubs such as 7i (see 5:54 in the video) are there 2 different 7i's in his bag or is logic eluding me today? 

"Should be" (quote-unquote) there are two .. or more .. of the same club tag defined in his bag. Unfortunately you have to know which color denotes which club - there were comments earlier about someone asking Support to add a user-defined text field to easily ID which is which.

  • Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

"Should be" (quote-unquote) there are two .. or more .. of the same club tag defined in his bag. Unfortunately you have to know which color denotes which club - there were comments earlier about someone asking Support to add a user-defined text field to easily ID which is which.

That user defined field would be nice, especially in the case of a driver where you might want to change shafts and see the difference on the course. 

  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

That user defined field would be nice, especially in the case of a driver where you might want to change shafts and see the difference on the course. 

As long as you had a second "D" tag for the alternate shaft(s).

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

mark a chunked 7 iron as positional

Absolutely going to use this with the guys.

"Dude. Did you just shank that?"
"No, that's a positional shot."

  • Haha 9

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Motore X F1 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

52*, 58* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s

Ball: I'll try anything with a urethane cover
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed:

All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

As long as you had a second "D" tag for the alternate shaft(s).

Don't need another D tag, just create a second driver - exactly like the first driver - put in the D tag and you will get a different color. Problem is that without a user defined field to distinguish the clubs, you have to keep a list somewhere so you know which color is which shaft. After two or three shafts that becomes a nightmare.

The request for a user defined "name" for the club has been made several times - but so far has fallen on deaf ears. My only pet-peeve for Shot Scope. Love the watch.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Larryw said:

Don't need another D tag, just create a second driver

Ok, but for the slow learners in the group (.. poster points to self ..) - when you hit a shot - how does ShotScope know which color to assign that shot to with the same "D" tag..?

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Larryw said:

The request for a user defined "name" for the club has been made several times - but so far has fallen on deaf ears. My only pet-peeve for Shot Scope. Love the watch.

It's a great idea! But... it is a very non-trivial undertaking to change an existing database.... But hopefully they've taken it under advisement.

  • Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MattF said:

The benefit is accuracy on where the putt was taken. And, you can hold the putter with the tag near the watch without it tagging a putt location.

Absolutely! And that points to a characteristic/function/quirk that seems to be the root cause of most of my issues with accurate recording. SS doesn't have a clue as to when you "hit" a shot, just when the tag syncs up with the watch. For example, if you grab your driver holding it in your watch hand and stand behind others as they're hitting and then walk up to take your turn, it may, depending on how far you were standing as you waited, record 2 shots. One where you were waiting, one where you hit.

To prevent the erroneous shot, I'll use the bottom left/right buttons to go back a hole and then return to the one I'm playing. That wipes out the club sync and seems to start fresh on that hole. I've only done that on the tee so I don't know whether that only wipes out that one sync or the entire hole; meaning it'll wipe out any previous shots made on that hole. I'll test that out today. I'm playing my league round on a sh*t course that isn't GAM rated (so I can't use it for handicap anyway) where the old guys I play with make up a bunch of VERY forgiving rules. I look at the round as a practice round that doesn't count for anything so messing up a hole's worth of tracking won't much matter.

  • Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedge

Putter in flux!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Throughout the video it shows 2 colors for select clubs such as 7i (see 5:54 in the video) are there 2 different 7i's in his bag or is logic eluding me today? 

There's not 2 7 irons in his bag. He's registered 2 7 irons, different brands. The colour changes for each club registered. This is My Bag in SS, you can see my old Bridgestones were in black and the Wilsons are in yellow.

2021-09-15.png.2d1a693726bb1dba0bba536ed3615af1.png

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Ok, but for the slow learners in the group (.. poster points to self ..) - when you hit a shot - how does ShotScope know which color to assign that shot to with the same "D" tag..?

See my post above. You can only have one club per tag in your SS bag at any time. So, if you switch drivers, you need to change it in the My Bag section before you play.

  • Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, toehold57 said:

Does your watch work with other courses?  Or is it dorked up on all courses?

I have a V3

Sorry for the late response, life happens at times.

I have not made it back to the course where the watch flaked out but I did play 9 at another course this afternoon.  Result?  No drama.  Expected behavior all the way around.  Maybe it was loaded course and not the watch.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an issue when I miss a green. Say I miss a green 15 yards left and the cart path is to the right of the green. When I walk across the green to get to the ball, the screen changes to putting mode and I can’t figure out a way to get it back to “approach” mode to record the pitch shot. 

  • Like 3

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I have an issue when I miss a green. Say I miss a green 15 yards left and the cart path is to the right of the green. When I walk across the green to get to the ball, the screen changes to putting mode and I can’t figure out a way to get it back to “approach” mode to record the pitch shot. 

When I first got the V2, there was talk about making sure you didn't cut across the green - make the longer walk around it. Not sure how to get out of putting mode any more, though.

  • Like 3

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I have an issue when I miss a green. Say I miss a green 15 yards left and the cart path is to the right of the green. When I walk across the green to get to the ball, the screen changes to putting mode and I can’t figure out a way to get it back to “approach” mode to record the pitch shot. 

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

  • Like 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MattF said:

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

Thanks.  I'll try those.

  • Like 4

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MattF said:

There's two ways to do this...well, three if you count walking around the green. The first is look at the watch and where you can move to the next putting screen for putting in a 4 putt, there should be an X next to one of the buttons. Pressing that will get you back to the approach screen. (This has not consistently been there for me) The other thing you could do is keep walking away from the green and it'll eventually change to the approach screen.

My problem with going through the putt screens is sometimes it will show "Pick up" The only way to get back to approach is to walk away from green at that point. It's one reason I am still flirting with the idea of manual putting. I don't think the putt screen occurs until I activate it and can see distance of last shot etc while on the green ??

  • Like 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, MattF said:

See my post above. You can only have one club per tag in your SS bag at any time. So, if you switch drivers, you need to change it in the My Bag section before you play.

Thx, Matt, got it. I should've been more clear .. my question was actually for @Larryw and how does he keep track of which driver + shaft combo is which for which shot, but I'm guessing he's doing that manually in his spreadsheet?

  • Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Thx, Matt, got it. I should've been more clear .. my question was actually for @Larryw and how does he keep track of which driver + shaft combo is which for which shot, but I'm guessing he's doing that manually in his spreadsheet?

Does ShotScope still provide 3 or 4 extra tags? Seems to me that would be an easy way to separate clubs you might be testing.

  • Like 4

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Does ShotScope still provide 3 or 4 extra tags? Seems to me that would be an easy way to separate clubs you might be testing.

V3 comes with 16 tags; V2 used to include 20. So depending on your bag setup you could use eg. X1 and X2 for experimenting.

  • Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, MIgregb said:

Absolutely! And that points to a characteristic/function/quirk that seems to be the root cause of most of my issues with accurate recording. SS doesn't have a clue as to when you "hit" a shot, just when the tag syncs up with the watch. For example, if you grab your driver holding it in your watch hand and stand behind others as they're hitting and then walk up to take your turn, it may, depending on how far you were standing as you waited, record 2 shots. One where you were waiting, one where you hit.

To prevent the erroneous shot, I'll use the bottom left/right buttons to go back a hole and then return to the one I'm playing. That wipes out the club sync and seems to start fresh on that hole. I've only done that on the tee so I don't know whether that only wipes out that one sync or the entire hole; meaning it'll wipe out any previous shots made on that hole. I'll test that out today. I'm playing my league round on a sh*t course that isn't GAM rated (so I can't use it for handicap anyway) where the old guys I play with make up a bunch of VERY forgiving rules. I look at the round as a practice round that doesn't count for anything so messing up a hole's worth of tracking won't much matter.

So, I tested out my question of whether an entire hole's worth of shots could be wiped out by backing up a hole on the display and then returning to the one I'm playing before completing the hole (see above). It does not. All previous shots (positions) recorded normally. Now it makes me wonder whether I simply hadn't move far enough away from the spot where I noticed the driver was displayed on ShotScope (V3) to where I actually teed off for my original statement to be valid at all. I'll wander farther away next time to see; my guess is that will show 2 shots.

  • Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:callaway-small:XR 5 Wood Fairway w/stock Project X Stiff shaft

:tour-edge: EXS220 3 & 4 Hybrid w/KBS TGI Tour Graphite Reg shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedge

Putter in flux!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...