Shotscope Users Group

DarthGator007

On 9/26/2021 at 11:57 AM, Thin2win said:

Don't Putt out then hit the button "2 times" to say you hit it twice, that will give you bad data. 

And this is what I’ve been doing 🙄

Okay, never to late to learn something new!  Thanks guys for teaching an old dog…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toehold57 said:

And this is what I’ve been doing 🙄

Okay, never to late to learn something new!  Thanks guys for teaching an old dog…

It’s a safe place of learning here 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :Sub70:  JB 52° , 286 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

I just submitted this to SS support - has anyone else experienced it? 

The last two rounds (I've got 30+ already on the dashboard) when I go to download onto my iphone, I get a message that I have to pair the watch and to use the pairing number on the watch. However there is no pairing number, I just get a normal display on the watch. I've turned both the phone and the watch off - but no success. 

• Sad 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I just submitted this to SS support - has anyone else experienced it? 

The last two rounds (I've got 30+ already on the dashboard) when I go to download onto my iphone, I get a message that I have to pair the watch and to use the pairing number on the watch. However there is no pairing number, I just get a normal display on the watch. I've turned both the phone and the watch off - but no success. 

I only had that the first time I got the V3. That's a weird one that it's happening now. Is the firmware up to date?

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I only had that the first time I got the V3. That's a weird one that it's happening now. Is the firmware up to date?

Yes firmware is current. Here's the response and remedy - all good now. 

Could you please turn your watch off and on again. Then go into your Bluetooth settings and remove/delete any mention of Shot Scope V3 if there is any, then make sure Location settings is enabled on your phone. Make sure Shot Scope is also enabled in your "Privacy" section Then enable Bluetooth on your phone, open the Shot Scope app and tap "connect band".

If you are being asked for a pin code and one isn't appearing on the watch you can find a pin code by doing the following:

*Enter the 'Settings' section of the watch
*Then enter the 'Bluetooth' section
*Enter the pin code that appears into the app

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

can someone clear up “manual putting” for me?

when i get on the green, it says “pin collect” and gives me 0,1,2,3,4, or “pick up” as options. 

how do i navigate this?

• Like 1

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

can someone clear up “manual putting” for me?

when i get on the green, it says “pin collect” and gives me 0,1,2,3,4, or “pick up” as options. 

how do i navigate this?

It looks like you are still in automatic putting mode. Manual mode should look like :

V2

SmartSelect_20211002-074535_Chrome.jpg.6f1e667f42a16c4d9ceb91ffe05cffc5.jpg

V3

SmartSelect_20211002-075817_YouTube.jpg.2229cd068c3c3fab0d6331ee0c7bf8e2.jpg

In the mode you are in, it should be tracking your putts, when you hole out you should just need to stand at the pin at hit the "pin collect"(or the pin looking button v3) . I don't use that mode, but I don't think you are required to hit the numbers, but believe you can before you hit "pin collect" just to give the system a double check in case it misses a putt. 

In manual mode (pictured above) you hit the "+" button from each spot that you take a putt. And then "pin collect/pin icon" when you collect your ball out of the hole to mark the pin location and indicate that you are done with the hole. 

Does that help? 

• Like 3

WITB:

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Does that help?

absolutely does! i was in auto putting mode. 

thank you!

• Like 2

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Probably overthinking this here...Looking at my short game breakdown I'm more likely to miss short.  (Not so) Hypothetically, if my approach shot were to go past the green, then my chip goes back past the flag, would that technically count as a miss short?  In other words, are these locations static or dynamic?

• Like 2

Titleist 385k driver

Dunlop 3 and 5 wood

Nickent 3DX 3 hybrid

Cobra AMP 5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM7 50° 54°  and Cleveland 588 56° wedges

PIng Anser putter

59 minutes ago, JerryB said:

would that technically count as a miss short?  In other words, are these locations static or dynamic?

Good question and just guessing off the top of my head (and from my own experience), I'm going with "dynamic" - that is: from your current position relative to the pin where did the ball end up (ie. where are you playing your next shot from?)

So in your example, if my guess is correct, your chip/pitch on would be "long" of the flag.

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

On 10/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, Thin2win said:

It looks like you are still in automatic putting mode. Manual mode should look like :

V2

SmartSelect_20211002-074535_Chrome.jpg.6f1e667f42a16c4d9ceb91ffe05cffc5.jpg

V3

SmartSelect_20211002-075817_YouTube.jpg.2229cd068c3c3fab0d6331ee0c7bf8e2.jpg

In the mode you are in, it should be tracking your putts, when you hole out you should just need to stand at the pin at hit the "pin collect"(or the pin looking button v3) . I don't use that mode, but I don't think you are required to hit the numbers, but believe you can before you hit "pin collect" just to give the system a double check in case it misses a putt. 

In manual mode (pictured above) you hit the "+" button from each spot that you take a putt. And then "pin collect/pin icon" when you collect your ball out of the hole to mark the pin location and indicate that you are done with the hole. 

Does that help? 

When in auto mode, you actually press the number for how many putts you had while at the pin, that is basically the pin collect button.

I normally press the number just before I pick my ball out the hole. I've found auto putting really good, especially if you have a couple of practice strokes, even on the short one.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Springveldt said:

When in auto mode, you actually press the number for how many putts you had while at the pin, that is basically the pin collect button.

I normally press the number just before I pick my ball out the hole. I've found auto putting really good, especially if you have a couple of practice strokes, even on the short one.

I use the auto mode as well. The only issues I have are operator related as sometimes I forget to press the number of putts over the hole - resulting in an inaccurate pin location. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

I actually switched to manual putting after using auto for a couple of years and it's getting easier to remember. Plus, I don't have to remember to keep the putter away from the watch.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

16 minutes ago, MattF said:

I actually switched to manual putting after using auto for a couple of years and it's getting easier to remember. Plus, I don't have to remember to keep the putter away from the watch.

Ok, question for any Manual Mode users - do you move your watch-wearing arm around at all, while standing over the ball, just to make sure the GPS is "awake" and marking the location..?

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Played 9 yesterday and seeing some incorrect data being reported. I had a case of the lefts until #6 yet SSV3 is reporting most of my misses were right, then I started missing right!

54CDD257-6B95-403F-A2C6-AEAB75E06231.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

12 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Played 9 yesterday and seeing some incorrect data being reported. I had a case of the lefts until #6 yet SSV3 is reporting most of my misses were right, then I started missing right!

54CDD257-6B95-403F-A2C6-AEAB75E06231.jpeg

Probably going to need to edit and make sure it marked you second shot locations correctly for that round. That would be my first guess.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Probably going to need to edit and make sure it marked you second shot locations correctly for that round. That would be my first guess.

Good point but looking at the position where the tee shots ended up, they are all on the correct side.  It looks like SS is reporting it incorrectly on the Performance page.

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Good point but looking at the position where the tee shots ended up, they are all on the correct side.  It looks like SS is reporting it incorrectly on the Performance page.

Well thats not good then, time for a call to Shot Scope support I think

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Ok, question for any Manual Mode users - do you move your watch-wearing arm around at all, while standing over the ball, just to make sure the GPS is "awake" and marking the location..?

I don't wave it around, but I do stand where I want it for a few seconds before I mark to give it time to synch. I haven't had an issue with location doing it that way. 

• Like 3

WITB:

Why on a 9 hole course does the V2 ask if you want to play the "back nine" and, when you press the yes, it then asks to select the course again?  Where else would I be playing the back nine?  Does the V3 do that? Yeah, I know, get a life Bill 😆.

My 27 holes yesterday took 4 hours, playing 2 ball, and the battery finally went out on my second shots into #9 (hole #27). That's not bad. Have any of you V3 users played extended periods to see how long a fully charged battery lasts?  Note that I use "GPS Tracking Only" option as I no longer use the RFID tags.

It just dawned on me that I played an entire 3 day Champions Tour event in 4 hours... walking 👍.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.