Shotscope Users Group

DarthGator007

2 hours ago, MattF said:

When you're marking the putt, are you hitting the + button where the ball is every time you putt? I know you said you are marking the putts but I just want to make sure you're hitting the right button.

Yeah, I would hit the + then putt, then putt it in, then tap the Pin Collect?  I wonder if that could be part of the problem, using the pin collect as my hole out putt.  

• Like 1

Krank 10.5+ and 14° Driver

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina shafts

Wishon 929 4w/Acer 7w / 11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

2 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Yeah, I would hit the + then putt, then putt it in, then tap the Pin Collect?  I wonder if that could be part of the problem, using the pin collect as my hole out putt.  

Every putt you take, you need to hit the + button. Hit the Pin Collect/Pick Up over the hole. Sounds like that's the issue.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

19 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

No, I'm sorry.  I wanted to wait until this round to see what happened, and well, it did it again.  Said I shot in the mid 60's again.  Actually carded a 94. SS Customer Support, here I come.  Again, the only difference is me going to Manual Putting, and that is because my new Sub70 Putter has the SuperStroke grip on it and I didn't retag it. 

I'll let you know when I hear back from them. 

Just as an FYI, I glued a sensor onto my CB Super Stroke grip. So far, the sensor has stayed glued to the counterweight with no issues. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Ok, sounds like another excuse to go play more golf now!  Thanks Matt

• Like 3

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Just as an FYI, I glued a sensor onto my CB Super Stroke grip. So far, the sensor has stayed glued to the counterweight with no issues. 

I had used double-sided automotive emblem tape (left over from a resto-mod project) and that seemed to work well also.  I'll keep the glue option in mind. 

• Like 3

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

On 11/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, Silverhorn43 said:

a resto-mod project

Just so you know there's a "Gallery" where you can upload pics .. just saying... 😉

• Haha 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

1965 Chevy Corvair Corsa Convertible, I'll work on pics.  😎

• Like 3

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I know it’s probably just me and my ignorance but I’m giving up on Strokes Gained when it comes to putting.  Baffles me how I can have a 30 putt day and SG is a -4.

SG.png.97a0625965ac67c1a39772def179d760.png

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Ok, I know it’s probably just me and my ignorance but I’m giving up on Strokes Gained when it comes to putting.  Baffles me how I can have a 30 putt day and SG is a -4.

SG.png.97a0625965ac67c1a39772def179d760.png

Strokes gained takes into account how far your putts are to provide the expected number of strokes to hole out. So say every first putt is 7 feet and you are expected to make 50% of those. Each time you miss you lose 0.5 off a stroke and easy make you gain 0.5. So as an extreme example if you hit to 7 feet on 18 holes and have 30 putts, that means you had 6 one putts and 12 two putts. So you would be loosing 3 strokes putting even though you had 30 putts. 

This is why strokes gained was developed. Depending on how long your putts are 30 putts in a ring might be great or terrible. So make sure your putts are the right distance for that to be useful. If your first putts are marked too short that can really mess up the strokes gained. As a data person I love this tote of thing, but know it’s not for everyone. 

• Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

15 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

So make sure your putts are the right distance for that to be useful. If your first putts are marked too short that can really mess up the strokes gained. As a data person I love this tote of thing, but know it’s not for everyone. 

I do try and mark my first putt while standing over it and for the most part the putts do show up correctly.  Sometimes not though.

My one and only ‘F’ was in a statistics course in college, I’m not a lover 😐

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, toehold57 said:

I do try and mark my first putt while standing over it and for the most part the putts do show up correctly.  Sometimes not though.

My one and only ‘F’ was in a statistics course in college, I’m not a lover 😐

It’s not for everyone for sure, that’s why we can let them so do the work. 

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I had an issue with the clock feature V3- the watch was 20 min behind even though it was fully charged. Once I sync'd it to the app, the time was updated. Not sure why it happened and support didn't answer why, they just said to sync it. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I had an issue with the clock feature V3- the watch was 20 min behind even though it was fully charged. Once I sync'd it to the app, the time was updated. Not sure why it happened and support didn't answer why, they just said to sync it. 

When I played on Tuesday I noticed the time was off by an hour.  Figured it had something to do with daylight savings time and didn’t worry about it.  Now that you’ve said this, I ran upstairs and checked the time on the watch.

Just like support said, sync and the time is back to normal.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, toehold57 said:

When I played on Tuesday I noticed the time was off by an hour.  Figured it had something to do with daylight savings time and didn’t worry about it.  Now that you’ve said this, I ran upstairs and checked the time on the watch.

Just like support said, sync and the time is back to normal.

Yup - I sync'd with the app after the time change. What I was concerned about was the 30 min discrepancy  on the fully charged watch. I just checked on it this morning and the same issue. Now it's about 15 min off. Going to send another email to support. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Hey all, just to let you know the team at Shot Scope follow the user group closely and it is great feedback/discussion. 

I will chip in with answers to various questions as I can. Tag me, if you think I can shed some light. 

If there is an individual or account specific question best to get in touch with our support team, they are much quicker, smarter and will give better advice than I can. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Hey all, just to let you know the team at Shot Scope follow the user group closely and it is great feedback/discussion. 

I will chip in with answers to various questions as I can. Tag me, if you think I can shed some light. 

If there is an individual or account specific question best to get in touch with our support team, they are much quicker, smarter and will give better advice than I can. 

I have not checked recently (since our season is over), but recall that the shots gained functionality was not available on both PC and mobile.  Are there plans to address this?

• Like 2

:ping-small:G410 Plus driver,:callaway-small:Diablo 3W, :cobra-small: F6 Baffler
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:AP1 716 irons
:ping-small:Glide 2.0 Stealth 54/15, Zing Lob wedges
:ping-small:Sigma G CRAZ-E putter

6 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

I have not checked recently (since our season is over), but recall that the shots gained functionality was not available on both PC and mobile.  Are there plans to address this?

Yes we are working to add Strokes Gained to the Web Dashboard and have a new update for that prior to next season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Yes we are working to add Strokes Gained to the Web Dashboard and have a new update for that prior to next season. 

Gavin,

Nice to see you here. If you follow this thread from the beginning as well as the ARRCOS vs. Shotscope thread I think you'll find lots of great ideas for upcoming versions. A few recommendations/questions.

- I have 2 sets of clubs - one in Florida (with SS tags) the other in Ohio. (no tags). Since I primarily use the app, given I don't want to clutter up the screen, should I just buy a second set of tags amd set up 2 different accounts? 

- I'd like to have the ability to enlarge the labels along with the zoom feature for individual holes. 

- Is there a way to export the data to a program like excel?

Thx 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

19 hours ago, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

Hi Gavin,

I'm AuzzieMatt at the other place. Thanks for jumping in.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Gavin,

Nice to see you here. If you follow this thread from the beginning as well as the ARRCOS vs. Shotscope thread I think you'll find lots of great ideas for upcoming versions. A few recommendations/questions.

- I have 2 sets of clubs - one in Florida (with SS tags) the other in Ohio. (no tags). Since I primarily use the app, given I don't want to clutter up the screen, should I just buy a second set of tags amd set up 2 different accounts? 

- I'd like to have the ability to enlarge the labels along with the zoom feature for individual holes. 

- Is there a way to export the data to a program like excel?

Thx 

Hey Tony, 

You could set up a second account with another set of tags, or presuming you are in one place for a period of time, set up your bag and then switch active bag when you move location. We are looking at how to improve this feature as we realize this is an issue for some users. 

I am not sure what you mean by labels? Labels on the shot?

There isn't mainly because we calculate on the fly all of your data, which allows us to always optimize our course mapping, so it would be extremely difficult to export. 

Best

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.