Shotscope Users Group

DarthGator007

The H4 was delivered today and I was able to get the sensors on and set it up so I could get familiar with it during our league play tonight.  I haven't figured out the buttons real well yet and I need to learn how to get the pin placed accurately.  I was able to use it consistently for tee shots and second shots.  A few times I forgot to associate the putter when on the green.

It was very easy to upload from the H4 to the phone app after the round.  I was able to figure out how to edit the shots & putts I missed into the tracker using the dashboard through my laptop.

I tended to forget to associate the clubs around the green so I had to put in a few chip shots and most all my putts.

It's only one use but already I can see making use of the data.

Like edingc i had the unit come out of the magnetic belt clip so I kept it in my pocket.  I need to find something to use as a case for it.

• Like 6

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Ancient Anser;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 minute ago, Shapotomous said:

Like edingc i had the unit come out of the magnetic belt clip so I kept it in my pocket.  I need to find something to use as a case for it.

I've done that, too, but found it distracting. Shot Scope suggested that I wear the H4 in the front instead of the side (as i was doing) stating that it's less likely to be knocked off. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but I tried it today, and it did. I never came close to knocking it off even though I was still a bit paranoid about catching my shirt under the unit as I placed it in the belt clip.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedge

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft

18 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I've done that, too, but found it distracting. Shot Scope suggested that I wear the H4 in the front instead of the side (as i was doing) stating that it's less likely to be knocked off. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but I tried it today, and it did. I never came close to knocking it off even though I was still a bit paranoid about catching my shirt under the unit as I placed it in the belt clip.

thx...I will try it in front next time.

• Like 2

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Ancient Anser;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm planning on trying out manual putting mode. I seem to have a couple of holes that second shots are consistently missed on, perhaps the gps signal is poor on them.

At first glance the hole by hole could be of real value to me.  

I haven't used it much lately due to a lack of golf and playing matchplay when I have got on course, which I decided not to track data on.

• Like 5

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Those of you with the H4, you can put it in your pocket and still tag the club. You should feel the vibration feedback. Also, you can turn the unit upside down in the holder so you can read it right way up.

In regards to the proprietary charger. A USB, whether it's a mini or a C type, takes up real estate and apparently would make both the watch and H4 a lot bigger.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Hybrid: Maltby KE4 HDI 19°, 23° & 25° UST Recoil 660 F4

Irons: Maltby DBM Forged UST Recoil 660 F4
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S

Wedge: SCOR4161 46° and 50° 
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

Those of you with the H4, you can put it in your pocket and still tag the club. You should feel the vibration feedback. Also, you can turn the unit upside down in the holder so you can read it right way up.

In regards to the proprietary charger. A USB, whether it's a mini or a C type, takes up real estate and apparently would make both the watch and H4 a lot bigger.

Compared to the charger clip on the wifes garmin watch, I don't mind the clothespin like clip on the H4 at all. 

I was taking it out of my pocket to tag the club so I could look at it to make sure it was on the correct hole for tee shots and to look at the yardage for second shots.  I think I will give up on the yardage usage since I like my laser yardages better (unless I can't see the pin).  As I gain confidence in it switching holes on the tee and not using it for yardage, I can see just leaving it in my pocket.

I was trying to use it in manual mode for putting so I was taking it out of my pocket to figure that out and position the pin.

I am worried about losing it between rounds since it is so small.  I want to find something laying around here to use as a case for it, the charger and the extra tags.  

And how does turning it upside down in the belt clip help when you can't see past your belly to read it??!!  🤣

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Shapotomous said:

I am worried about losing it between rounds since it is so small.  I want to find something laying around here to use as a case for it, the charger and the extra tags.  

And how does turning it upside down in the belt clip help when you can't see past your belly to read it??!!  🤣

Amazon has a ton of golf valuables pouches that should work just fine.

Can't help you on the second one...😬

• Like 4

In the bag:

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have quite a few pouches to pick from here too, not quite as many as amazon!

Found the leaderboard ... MYGSPY

• Like 3

Reading today's push email on Shotscope - one thing jumped out at me: 

Additionally, ShotScope provides heat maps of typical activity on each hole alongside the individual strokes gained ranking per hole. Once a golfer has completed several rounds, the Shot Scope software produces a strokes-gained ranking for each hole. This ranking is then compared to the course hole ranking. For example, the hardest hole based on course ranking (#1 handicap) might not be the hole that produces your “worst” strokes-gained data.

Am I missing something - it states that your performance on a particular course you'll be able to see individual performance against the handicaps for a specific hole. If that's the case I've yet to find that feature (I have downloaded the latest version of the dashboard). Can someone help me out on this feature. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

I'm planning on trying out manual putting mode

Do try it, see if it works for you .. but, fwiw, I went back to Auto after only a few rounds.

When over a putt I'll wave my left (watch wearing) wrist up and down a little before the stroke and have found the resulting putt locations to be as good as doing it manually. Plus I prefer less interaction with the watch while on the course. YMMV.

• Like 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Big Bertha B21 driver (Recoil ES 450/F3)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic Max 5W (PX Cypher 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZT9/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

18 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Reading today's push email on Shotscope - one thing jumped out at me: 

Additionally, ShotScope provides heat maps of typical activity on each hole alongside the individual strokes gained ranking per hole. Once a golfer has completed several rounds, the Shot Scope software produces a strokes-gained ranking for each hole. This ranking is then compared to the course hole ranking. For example, the hardest hole based on course ranking (#1 handicap) might not be the hole that produces your “worst” strokes-gained data.

Am I missing something - it states that your performance on a particular course you'll be able to see individual performance against the handicaps for a specific hole. If that's the case I've yet to find that feature (I have downloaded the latest version of the dashboard). Can someone help me out on this feature. 

It's in the app not the dashboard. Open the app, press any of your rounds listed and on the bottom of the screen you'll see "My Course Statistics". It's all in there.

• Like 1

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 hours ago, MattF said:

It's in the app not the dashboard. Open the app, press any of your rounds listed and on the bottom of the screen you'll see "My Course Statistics". It's all in there.

Holy s**t this is awesome !  Last 2 years I kept a spreadsheet of my performance on my home (Ohio) course (without SG data)  This is going to save me a lot of work. @Gavin_Shot_Scope how could you guys not have sent a push email to your users on this major upgrade! 😍

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Just wanting to vent for a sec, no need to read.  Ok, so I ordered the Shot Scope V3 w trackers on Sunday online directly from SS so as to eliminate the middleman.  Got the confirmation email that said tracking details to follow.  By Tuesday night I had heard nothing else from them, so I emailed support to find out the status.  Got an response that apologized for the mix-up and that gave me a tracking number and when I looked at the deliver tracking info, the shipment had been received at DHL at almost the same time I got the email response. OK, I can live with that. Then Wednesday morning, I checked the tracking status (part of my ADHD OCD issues) and noticed that it had left the DHL facility to be transferred to the local USPS in Melrose, IL.  Cool, we have movement.  Now more than 24 hours later, it is in the exact same status - Left DHL over 24 hrs ago and USPS is still a waiting to receive the package. hmmm.  So, I emailed SS support back to see if they could look into it.  I was told that it was normal for a package to take more than 24 hrs to move from one facility in Melrose, IL to another facility in Melrose, IL, that I need to give it at least 72 hours before they can do anything, and to check back with them if no movement by the close of business on Friday.  On FRIDAY, which means I will have to sit all weekend wondering about my delivery if there is no movement by then.  So much for the 3 to seven day window.  I knew I should have just went with Amazon which guaranteed a Prime delivery date of yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

@GrumpyGolf the biggest issue is you're expecting DHL AND the USPS to be competent...not happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 5/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, MIgregb said:

Does anyone here know the answer to this question; Will the G3 watch band physically fit onto the V3 watch? Without going through the litany reasons why, I want to prevent my V3 watch from sensing the club tag until I tap the tag to the watch (like one has to do with the H4).....

What I'm trying to accomplish is to desensitize the V3 so it stops sensing the club tag until I absolutely want it to.....

On 5/8/2022 at 10:23 AM, JerryB said:

I've got a G3 band I received as an accidental replacement; I never took it out of the box but its yours if you want to send me your address.

Thanks to the generosity of JerryB, I had the opportunity to try my experiment of installing a G3 watch band on a V3 watch. While it fit perfectly, it turns out that the tag sensing antenna on the V3 is located solely in the top strap making it useless for tracking shots.

So, I now have a gray color G3 watch band that I can send to anyone who needs one. Please let me know.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ w/ Motore X F3 65R shaft

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54 & 58 deg wedge

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft

On 5/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, tony@CIC said:

Holy s**t this is awesome !  Last 2 years I kept a spreadsheet of my performance on my home (Ohio) course (without SG data)  This is going to save me a lot of work. @Gavin_Shot_Scope how could you guys not have sent a push email to your users on this major upgrade! 😍

We did send an email to our whole database. We sent an email, posted on our social media and tried to get it in every publication because it is a really valuable update. 

• Like 4

Look at what I got in the mail today PXL_20220523_201759096.jpg.82018861ce155a7d07bd820eb4590a9d.jpg

Going to set it for tomorrow and see what happens!  Can not wait!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

On 5/20/2022 at 4:25 PM, Gavin_Shot_Scope said:

We did send an email to our whole database. We sent an email, posted on our social media and tried to get it in every publication because it is a really valuable update. 

Glad to hear that. I didn't get an email - so maybe  I need to re-register? I'm a pretty active SS user and syncing my watch all the time after rounds. Hate to miss anymore announcements like this. 

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Used the H4 again tonight for the 9 hole league.  I was better at remembering to link the club tonight and only missed a few shots.  I set the putting to auto mode and it worked fine for me.  The post round editing to catch the shots i missed because I didn't link the club prior to hitting is extremely easy.  I wish I was playing more so I could get more data for analysis.

• Like 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.