Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

I haven't gotten an email about it yet, how much is the discount?  I need to order some new tags for my V3 anyway, so maybe I will just go for the upgrade instead.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

I was hesitating on upgrading to the X5, but with a huge discount for existing users, I could not resist! Order placed for the Prestige Black.

Snap!! Same for me

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 15 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: C721 18 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball 

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I haven't gotten an email about it yet, how much is the discount?  I need to order some new tags for my V3 anyway, so maybe I will just go for the upgrade instead.

£100 discount in the UK 

:mizuno-small: M-Craft VI with BGT Stability shaft and Super Stroke Zenergy XL Flatso 2.0 (25g CounterCore weight)

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Ordered mine in Stealth Black this morning. For current US customers the discount is $100 but you must be an existing user with an existing SS account.

SS-X5-WAT-BLK_4.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, MattF said:

https://shotscope.com/us/products/golf-gps-watches/x5/

SS-X5-WAT-BLK_1.jpg

It's a pretty big upgrade but unless you want a semi smart watch, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

There's no syncing it with your phone for calls or messages etc, I like that it's round and it's touchscreen but that's about it. I'll be keeping my V3 for the time being.

I lied...

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 minutes ago, did you see that? said:

So the “deal” is 300.00??

The deal with discount would be $200

I am a current user with a SS account, but I am not getting that deal.  Maybe it's only for customers that bought directly from ShotScope?  Looks like I will be sticking with the V3 for the time being.

Array F-3 

Just now, Parshooter36 said:

I am a current user with a SS account, but I am not getting that deal.  Maybe it's only for customers that bought directly from ShotScope?  Looks like I will be sticking with the V3 for the time being.

I didn’t buy directly from shotscope and received the email. Was in my email this morning; check your spam folder. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I didn’t buy directly from shotscope and received the email. Was in my email this morning; check your spam folder. 

Thanks, I hadn't thought to check the spam folder.  Unfortunately, its not there either.   I'm not even sure I am on there mailing list. I did a search for ShotScope in my email and all it came up with was old emails from customer service when I was setting up my watch two years ago.

Array F-3 

9 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Your email must be registered with Shot Scope as an existing user account.

I use my email when I log into the Shot Scope dashboard.  Is that a different login that an existing user account?

Array F-3 

1 minute ago, Parshooter36 said:

Thanks, I hadn't thought to check the spam folder.  Unfortunately, its not there either.   I'm not even sure I am on there mailing list. I did a search for ShotScope in my email and all it came up with was old emails from customer service when I was setting up my watch two years ago.

Maybe it is about logging into the dashboard.  When was the last time you uploaded a round?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Maybe it is about logging into the dashboard.  When was the last time you uploaded a round?

November 23rd.  I have logged into the dashboard since then to update my bag with a new putter, buts that it.

Array F-3 

13 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I use my email when I log into the Shot Scope dashboard.  Is that a different login that an existing user account?

No, the same. From what I've heard, email support if you have a user account with them and they should be able to get you sorted out.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Got the email offer this morning - thought it might be spam so in a separate browser went to ShotScope directly - well I think it looks pretty good so I went back and ordered!

Updated features include... color display (much easier for old eyes to read); distance into doglegs (huge improvement imo); bird's eye overview of hole layout (great for new courses!); upgraded receiver in the watch band and upgraded tags to increase detection range / minimize missed shots.

Also the round case is nice and has a rotating bezel to access functions as an alternative to touching the screen.

As @GolfSpy Barbajo mentioned there is an AI component - supposedly meant to learn your tendencies and distinguish a waggle from a practice swing from an actual hit (and thus record the club + location).

looking forward to trying it out!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Ha, I just got the email 2 minutes ago.  Now the pondering begins.

Array F-3 

4 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

I was hesitating on upgrading to the X5, but with a huge discount for existing users, I could not resist! Order placed for the Prestige Black.

Well, well, well.....🤔

@PhilM75072 thanks for the heads-up to check my email....I'll be damned - I have a discount offer 🎉

@GolfSpy Barbajo does it just come with one band colorway, or do you get multiple bands? C'mon, man....I only have 9 days left to eat my words!!  Does the increased sensing range mean it does a better job of picking-up putts for cross-handed putters out here (one of my gripes with the V3 sensing range)? To figure out 12 cm, I have to do math 🤣

John Barba did a very nice write-up. It appears my vanity may be bought for the low, low price of $200!!

I do appreciate the fact that ShotScope is continually pushing the envelope & upgrading the technology it brought to the game. The enhancements from V3 --> X5 within the same watch concept are an impetus for kudos to @Gavin_Shot_Scope & the team....all without me having to dig my phone out of my bag!! How 'bout compiling my shot data (or the SS World shot data) to let me know, via my watch, that I should be hitting the 145-yd shot in the rough with my 7-iron & not my 8-iron because my 8-iron can't get me there on my best day....let-alone today.

I see that the V3 is going to be readdressed next year.....now I need to decide whether to pull-the-trigger now, or wait for one more season 🤪

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

2 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Well, well, well.....🤔

@PhilM75072 thanks for the heads-up to check my email....I'll be damned - I have a discount offer 🎉

@GolfSpy Barbajo does it just come with one band colorway, or do you get multiple bands? C'mon, man....I only have 9 days left to eat my words!!  Does the increased sensing range mean it does a better job of picking-up putts for cross-handed putters out here (one of my gripes with the V3 sensing range)? To figure out 12 cm, I have to do math 🤣

John Barba did a very nice write-up. It appears my vanity may be bought for the low, low price of $200!!

I do appreciate the fact that ShotScope is continually pushing the envelope & upgrading the technology it brought to the game. The enhancements from V3 --> X5 within the same watch concept are an impetus for kudos to @Gavin_Shot_Scope & the team....all without me having to dig my phone out of my bag!! How 'bout compiling my shot data (or the SS World shot data) to let me know, via my watch, that I should be hitting the 145-yd shot in the rough with my 7-iron & not my 8-iron because my 8-iron can't get me there on my best day....let-alone today.

I see that the V3 is going to be readdressed next year.....now I need to decide whether to pull-the-trigger now, or wait for one more season 🤪

You can order one of the five colorways they offer - and then as an add-on buy additional different corlored bands -- there $40 each.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If any of you are current SS users and are on the fence, get it. From a few here, a ton on the FB group and another forum, if you hesitate, they'll be gone. 

I've seen at least 50 people say they've already ordered it (that's just the ones that have said) and the SS site says 10 days or until sold out.

In the bag:

Bag: 

UPDATE!!

Just heard from SS that they only have 75 Midnight Blue left for the pre-sale. They believe they will end the current customer deal later today.

If you want one, order it now.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Had to pull the trigger.  When ordering I noticed that a couple color options showed as out of stock, fwiw.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Got a Midnight Blue on the way.

my question: can you use the old tags with new watch? I have a set of tags, unused.image.png.14231491aff9ef8f70162706338b2ad1.png

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

21 hours ago, MattF said:

Ordered mine in Stealth Black this morning. For current US customers the discount is $100 but you must be an existing user with an existing SS account.

SS-X5-WAT-BLK_4.jpg

I am a US user with an existing account.  For what it's worth, they didnt ask for any validation when I ordered.  Maybe it's tied to my email address?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

2 hours ago, MattF said:

If any of you are current SS users and are on the fence, get it. From a few here, a ton on the FB group and another forum, if you hesitate, they'll be gone. 

I've seen at least 50 people say they've already ordered it (that's just the ones that have said) and the SS site says 10 days or until sold out.

Classic Black is Sold Out. Midnight Blue is still available at time of this post. I got Prestige Black.

FOMO got the best of me 🙄 That, and my full support of ShotScope as a company & a product.

I do have an Arccos subscription & got the sensors with my Ping G425 irons, so my plan was to do Arccos this season as a trial of the Caddie feature.

BUT.....I have read multiple MGS tester reviews of missed shots, duplicated shots, mismarked shots, yada, yada, yada. Plus, having to go back to using my phone is a personal hurdle for me.

@Gavin_Shot_Scope please forgive me, for I almost 'sinned'.  Your product hasn't done any of those things - for/to me - from V1 up to V3. I can turn-off my phone, enjoy my time, and just golf 😀

Keep up the great work!!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Just now, CudaKota66 said:

Classic Black is Sold Out. Midnight Blue is still available at time of this post. I got Prestige Black.

FOMO got the best of me 🙄 That, and my full support of ShotScope as a company & a product.

I do have an Arccos subscription & got the sensors with my Ping G425 irons, so my plan was to do Arccos this season as a trial of the Caddie feature.

BUT.....I have read multiple MGS tester reviews of missed shots, duplicated shots, mismarked shots, yada, yada, yada. Plus, having to go back to using my phone is a personal hurdle for me.

@Gavin_Shot_Scope please forgive me, for I almost 'sinned'.  Your product hasn't done any of those things - for/to me - from V1 up to V3. I can turn-off my phone, enjoy my time, and just golf 😀

Keep up the great work!!

Odd. I ordered at this time yesterday and Prestige Black and Prestige White were gone.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

I would jump on this but already have an Apple Watch and use the belt clip just fine. This watch looks like a major upgrade from v3

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

my question: can you use the old tags with new watch?

Yes. But the new tags offer a touch more range and are concaved so they fit dome shaped grips better.

In the bag:

Bag: 

3 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Keep up the great work!!

I also ordered mine in the afternoon yesterday.  Got the Midnight Blue, but all of the other colors seemed to be available.  Maybe I wasn't paying close enough enough attention. 

I also agree with both the FOMO and support of SS.  My current V3 is really only a few months old after they replaced the first one at no cost due to the tags not getting picked up.  Their support is amazing and they really try to bring quality products at an affordable cost.  The missed shots is somewhat annoying, but I find that I either didn't mark a penalty correctly, or duffed it so that it thought I was re-hitting a shot.  My GPS is often wonky at my regular venue. 

I'll enjoy the new display and distance features, as well as not having to wait for the end of the round for scoring data ( I know, I shouldn't look...).

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Got a Midnight Blue on the way.

my question: can you use the old tags with new watch? I have a set of tags, unused.

Old tags and new tags are both compatible with all devices, V3, H4 and X5.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro