Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just uploaded the new firmware - I'll be interested in how well the "scoring widget" works with the penalty feature for those rare (😛) occasions I have one. 

Scoring and tracking are still not connected to one another.

Played this morning with the new firmware. Flawless execution. Not one missed shot, no issues, and I used it unlocked. I don't use all the features, however. I don't use scoring or the Pin Reminder. I did use pause and resume, checked some distances of my last shot, scrolled through some screens and used manual putting. The club used is much more readable, with white text on a black background circled in blue.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

5 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Played this morning with the new firmware. Flawless execution. Not one missed shot, no issues, and I used it unlocked. I don't use all the features, however. I don't use scoring or the Pin Reminder. I did use pause and resume, checked some distances of my last shot, scrolled through some screens and used manual putting. The club used is much more readable, with white text on a black background circled in blue.

Glad to hear the new firmware is working. I won’t get a chance to try it til Saturday. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll get my first chance to fully use the x5 on Saturday.  I was able to pull my old arccos grip sensors out and there was just enough depth to screw the Shot Scope sensor in securely above the cavity from the arccos sensors.  I may do a light wrap of electrical tape too.  Should only be a few rounds before I decide on new wedges or new grips for the old wedges this year.  

Last time out I didn't have those in, and it closed down a few times.  But I was running arccos at the same time (to compare readouts) and capture the wedge shots maybe not doing that and the new firmware will provide a cleaner experience.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Updated to the latest firmware this morning, and played 18 at a new to me course this afternoon - everything seemed to work well!

Shot tracking, putting, hole to hole advancement, etc plus "Pause" and "Resume" at the turn .. it found #10 as we approached and kept on tracking through #18 (yea!).

Something else that seemed to also work better (on my old Samsung) was "Connect to Device" .. app didn't hang; connected right away.

Side note, fyi, re: battery life - turned the watch on maybe an hour and a half before tee time .. round was slooow at 5 hours (with a brief stop at the halfway house where I paused tracking) .. then back to watch mode for about another two hours .. battery was at 12%.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

You know from another forum that Gavin has said they're not going to be right at the moment.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

You know from another forum that Gavin has said they're not going to be right at the moment.

For me that's a 'nice to have' - I much prefer a stable platform that's bullet proof (for existing features).

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

For me that's a 'nice to have' - I much prefer a stable platform that's bullet proof (for existing features).

I Second your statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

39 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Once again, I have to agree. All the 'features' in the world have no value if they reside on a platform that is not reliable.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Another round in this morning with the 2.1.13 firmware. Zero issues to report. I don't use the scoring feature as I still keep a scorecard, mostly so I can make corrections for FIRs, GIRs and number of putts based on GPS inaccuracy.

I feel I've asked this before, but do you guys use the "positional" option when editing your round?  I do, but generally only for punchouts or other shots that weren't meant to go full distance.  Where I don't use it (and this is what I'm curious about others' usage) is on shots that were supposed to be full shots and weren't, like chunks or shots that bounced off trees.

Another thing I've never really paid attention to when editing is the putting.  I usually check to make sure the other clubs are on and mostly accurate, then glance towards the green, see "2 putts" or whatever, and move on.  I've never been much of a putter so I figured if the count was correct, that was close enough.  Looked at my last couple rounds today and noticed that a lot of my putt locations and lengths were off.  It would read two putts that were both within 2 feet of the pin.  Not a complaint, mind you, but something I've realized that I need to be a little more cognizant of and adjust accordingly.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

7 hours ago, JerryB said:

I feel I've asked this before, but do you guys use the "positional" option when editing your round?  I do, but generally only for punchouts or other shots that weren't meant to go full distance.  Where I don't use it (and this is what I'm curious about others' usage) is on shots that were supposed to be full shots and weren't, like chunks or shots that bounced off trees.

Another thing I've never really paid attention to when editing is the putting.  I usually check to make sure the other clubs are on and mostly accurate, then glance towards the green, see "2 putts" or whatever, and move on.  I've never been much of a putter so I figured if the count was correct, that was close enough.  Looked at my last couple rounds today and noticed that a lot of my putt locations and lengths were off.  It would read two putts that were both within 2 feet of the pin.  Not a complaint, mind you, but something I've realized that I need to be a little more cognizant of and adjust accordingly.

Chunked shots etc that were meant to be a full shot at the green shouldn't be marked positional because they weren't. But, they will be tossed out of the p-average because they were "bad".

Putts need to be looked at closer to see that they are correct. Sometimes it will mark a putt on the green when it was taken on the apron or fringe and should go towards your short game stats not your putting stats.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

To obtain good putting data with any of the gps trackers, you have to edit putting as the gps simply isn’t accurate enough.  I keep reading that there is another satellite system that will be coming that could change that, but who knows. Being off a yard or two for your iron isn’t really a big deal, but huge for putting.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

10 hours ago, JerryB said:

I mark shots as being "positional" for punchouts and second shots on all Par 5s and Par 4s which are long enough that my third shot will be greater than 50 yards (> 50 yards is considered an approach shot by Shot Scope). I never use it for shots that I mis-hit or shots which ricochet off trees. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

11 hours ago, JerryB said:

1 hour ago, BobBC78 said:

I mark shots as being "positional" for punchouts and second shots on all Par 5s and Par 4s which are long enough that my third shot will be greater than 50 yards (> 50 yards is considered an approach shot by Shot Scope). I never use it for shots that I mis-hit or shots which ricochet off trees. 

I basically follow @BobBC78approacy for positional.  For me I simply look at it as a shot where I am not trying to hit the green with the approach shot.  

for putting it depends on if you want to evaluate putting performance,   This is the area of shot capturing that is the most off due to accuracy of commercial GPS, how quickly tagging can occur back to back, and time to adjust locations as you are walking around the green. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks for the responses, guys.  I've always accepted approach and putting as my weak areas (they are), but it appears I need to do a little better post-round to make things more accurate.  I was especially frustrated because I'd put in the effort to improve putting and while it felt good on-course the numbers disagreed.

I'm fairly certain @cnosil and I have had this exchange about approach shots before.  And I suppose it makes more sense given there is at least one par five on my course where I never go for the green on my second shot.  But I have another hole where I can reach the green in two, depending on drive.  Whether feasible or not, mentally I'm always going for it.  Should I mark as positional if I come up short of "short game" in that situation?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Reading that last part back, I feel kinda dumb.  I'm thinking I should go by initial yardage and whether or not my club can usually get there.  If I'm outside my usual 3 wood range then it's positional and if I happen to nuke it...then yay, I guess?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Where's how Shotscope defines 'positional shots'

A positional shot is an approach shot where you are not attempting to hit the green, instead you are intentionally playing into another part of the course. The two typical scenarios where this would occur would be:

1) On a par 5 when you can't reach the green so lay up to a suitable distance for your third shot.

2) If your drive goes into trouble and you need to play out sideways on the second shot.

By marking a shot as "Positional" it will be excluded from the "Approach' "Short Game" and "Club" stats in your performance data which means your stats stay accurate

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

By marking a shot as "Positional" it will be excluded from the "Approach' "Short Game" and "Club" stats in your performance data which means your stats stay accurate

Interesting.  I've always kind of assumed that anything inside the Short Game zone was automatically considered positional as far a Club stats go.  But thinking about it, I do have some shots in that zone where I'm not trying to get on the green and should be marking them as positional as well.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

5 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Interesting.  I've always kind of assumed that anything inside the Short Game zone was automatically considered positional as far a Club stats go.  But thinking about it, I do have some shots in that zone where I'm not trying to get on the green and should be marking them as positional as well.

I think the course might dictate it also - for instance a dogleg just before the green or a blind approach to the green. We have the latter on a par 5 on one of our 9 hole courses.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

12 hours ago, JerryB said:

I only use "positional" for short shots designed to get the ball back in play from trouble, and for layups on par 5s (unless I was close enough to actually be going for the green with my 2nd shot). I do not use "positional" for chunks, duffs, etc. Those aren't counted in the P-AVG distances anyway.

27 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Nope. Try to think about what the stats are reporting. 

when we hit clubs it reports information about how far we hit clubs.  A punch out would skew that data so it becomes positional.  So we think that that full shot on a par 5 should not be positional because it want the shot distance.  True,  but then shotscope counts it as proximity to the hole which skews the distance you hit shots from the hole when going for the green; thus positional.   If I hit the green when I don’t expect too, I might not mark it as positional but it would depend on how far out of range I really was… was I expecting to be inside or outside some arbitrary distance.  

The 50 yard distinction is simply whether the shot is counted as approach or short game.  You then get people that will say I want my 100 yard shot to be positional because I don’t use a full swing so it will skew distances.   

IMO shotscope provides guidance and we as users need to apply that guidance to what reports the information we want.  Some of that guidance is provided based on issues encountered with the products like counting putts as any shot that uses the putter.  This seems to apply more to the watches than the h4.   

This is the type of stuff that can get really complex and unless you are a stats geek might be too in depth for a “casual” golfer.   In my review of the h4 I found that all the data was overwhelming and even though I love diving in, it was sensory overload. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I just got home from a round of golf. My V3 performed perfectly.  I had a feeling that I was hitting my driver better today, and when I got home I looked at the data and see today I was hitting that stupid little white ball 19.3% further. I think that is due to the fact I tried a new ball today.  I will continue to use this ball to see if the trend continues.

Now, IF I could putt life would be really good!  LOL

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

4 hours ago, JerryB said:

Shots within 50 yards of the hole location are not included in club distance data. They are accounted for in the Short Game section.

3 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Shots within 50 yards of the hole location are not included in club distance data. They are accounted for in the Short Game section.

Okay, good, that's what I assumed/hoped.  I think I may have been doing things backwards, though.  If I used a non-wedge for a bump and run-type shot, I would mark that as positional.  But if I had a short look where I couldn't get on the green (shrub or something directly in the way) I would chip to the side and not mark it as such.  After saying it out loud/typing it out, those scenarios should be switched, shouldn't they?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

Okay, good, that's what I assumed/hoped.  I think I may have been doing things backwards, though.  If I used a non-wedge for a bump and run-type shot, I would mark that as positional.  But if I had a short look where I couldn't get on the green (shrub or something directly in the way) I would chip to the side and not mark it as such.  After saying it out loud/typing it out, those scenarios should be switched, shouldn't they?

Sounds like youhave them switched.    

The bump and run would be a short game shot and would be in the data to show how well you get up and down with clubs used for the short game.

chip to the side is to get into a better position so it would be positional 🙂

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I'm amazed that I'm allowed to function in regular society!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

10 hours ago, JerryB said:

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I'm amazed that I'm allowed to function in regular society!

That's OK. You are not alone! 🤣

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

This is the type of stuff that can get really complex and unless you are a stats geek might be too in depth for a “casual” golfer.   In my review of the h4 I found that all the data was overwhelming and even though I love diving in, it was sensory overload. 

+1, Like a lot of technology that I have, I probably use (a lot) less then half of the available options/data. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I have been a Shot Scope user for the past 18-months or so, starting with the V3 and earlier this year moving to the X5. It has finally dawned on the that on the desktop results from 9-hole rounds are doubled, I suppose for comparison purposes with 18-hole rounds. What really drove this point home for me was in last night's 9-hole round, I had a driving penalty resulting in having to re-tee for my third shot. Clearly, this resulted in a shots gained of -2.00 for this shot. The problem is that by doubling the results, Shot Scope assumed I did it again, meaning 4 shots lost due to penalties. 

It strikes me that this actually messes up the overall statistics, but I am open to anyone's input regarding how you deal with this from an analytical standpoint. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Used the X5 today and it worked great - including scoring. I use the unlock feature and found on 2 instances that the watch reverted to the 'last shot' feature (operator error as I had the band on too tight)  I loosened the band and that cured the problem. However, I did notice that after 18 holes - just shy of 4 hours I had 39% battery remaining. I'm ok with that given that I always charge it after 18. But do hope that they figure out the battery drain given they advertise it as a watch you can wear daily. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart