Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Can someone please recommend good chipping training aid

Save money on a training aid and buy Monte Scheinblum’s use the bounce 2.0 video series

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Put an alignment rod in the butt of your wedge and hit chips. Amazing tool.

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero, CK Pro Tensei Orange 
Tour Edge Exotics Tour EX9, 15*
Mizuno CLK 19*
Mizuno JPX919 Tour, KBS C Taper, 4-PW
Fourteen Golf RM22 52*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No 1
Bridgestone B RXS

Have you considered seeing a PGA instructor a your local course.  That is what I do when I have issues with my game.  Less time to figure out the problem and they can change what you need to do on the spot.  My only recommendation.  Best investment.  With respect.  Actually saw mine this week regarding an issue I was having with my new fairway.  Corrected it in less than five minutes.  Hitting nice straight long bombs, now.  Just saying.  💯

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Take a hand towel and place it on the green where you want the chip to land.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I use an old chipper, grooveless bronze Don Martin Up-n-In.  Practice practice practice on bad lies.  Practice putting the ball on the collar or in front of a large clump (obstacle) and force yourself to hit down.  Chipping with a regular length club is harder than chipping with a shorter shaft chipper. 

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

32 minutes ago, Brettyboy187 said:

what a recommendation this was btw!! awesome!!

For the money it’s pure gold. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think a combination of listed above is great.  You need to know the proper technique that you are trying to achieve or your specific problem that prevents proper technique. (wrists breaking down, weight staying back, not enough body rotation, too much body rotation etc ;))  Then you get the chipping aid that helps that problem.  Example;  A "chip stick" that help you stop breaking your wrists is pretty good.  But you have to know your specific problem, so video or a lesson is great to figure that out.  

Cheers

Tigger

3 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I use an old chipper, grooveless bronze Don Martin Up-n-In.  Practice practice practice on bad lies.  Practice putting the ball on the collar or in front of a large clump (obstacle) and force yourself to hit down.  Chipping with a regular length club is harder than chipping with a shorter shaft chipper. 

grip down on the wedges, almost to the metal, is different way to get more feel of control

Try Golf In Sync training aid. I have a pre-owned unit for sale if interested. It helped me get the correct feel for short game shots. 

See this video:

HW

I have the Orange Whip wedge and I didn't care for it. I also have the Orange Whip trainer and iron trainer and use them a lot. I use the trainer to warm up before each round including tournaments and league, I swear by those but the wedge used too much wrist action for me. I hope that helped some. Good luck and good golfing

Back in golf after a 25 year delay. Go Dawgs!!

I found Phil Mickelson's video - Chipping 101 - to be a great tool and offers great practice techniques. One thing that Phil advises & he is absolutely correct, never let the club head pass your hands when chipping. We amateurs like to flick our wrists when chipping.  It's amazing the technique with being conscience of not having club head pass your hands is great and under any condition.  Good luck!! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

What's your main problem? or do you know your main problem? Are you chunking, thinning, just inconsistent all around? Maybe post a video and that would help us recommend training tools because it's not clear, at least from the post, exactly what in your chipping that you're looking to fix

Driver: Titleist TS3

3 Wood: Taylormade M3

5 Wood: Titleist 917 F2

3 Iron: Callaway X Forged Utility Iron

4i-Pw: Honma TW747v

49/54/60 Wedges: Titleist SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

Ball: Bridgestone B X