Indoor Golf Sim Franchise - $60,000 in Passive Income?

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I believe there is a top golf suite in Boston. I’d guess the reason they aren’t there is more snow related. 

There is a “Top Golf” over at Patriot Place, but it’s just simulators.  It’s not the same experience as the normal “Top Golf” more or less just using the name.  

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

38 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

There is a “Top Golf” over at Patriot Place, but it’s just simulators.  It’s not the same experience as the normal “Top Golf” more or less just using the name.  

I know there’s a top golf suite at Foxwoods. It’s basically just an indoor simulator with all the bar and food options. 

• Like 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

2 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Every once in awhile my wife and I play the lotto. I’ve decided the perfect way to spend the winnings is to open a Top Golf and “go to work” everyday so my future kids don’t think I don’t work hard for money and end up entitled pricks. I live in SoCal, and we surprisingly don’t have one. Yet. 

It costs $18 million to start a location. Across all franchises, each location averages $25 million in revenue per year. I’ve no idea how much their operating costs are, but it still seems like a sound investment. People love top golf, and it’s nice 360 days a year in SoCal. It rains or is far to windy at least 5. It’s a burden. 

So I actually love going to Top Golf, but it’s not at all replacing or in my mind competing with this place.

For one, Top Golf uses dummy balls that include their RFID chips in them. I think the ball speed maxes out at like 165, but the data from the launch monitor shows they have low speeds on longer clubs. I go to top golf to drink and hang with friends. It’s incredible for that!

I lived in SoCal for 15 years and it blows my mind there isn’t a top golf. There is still a ton of land in Orange County, LA, the inland empire, and San Diego. I guess they’re concerned about competing with real golf courses which there aren’t enough of, and other outdoor activities.. 

Top Golf does a great job in snowy conditions with massive radiant heaters too. 

• Like 3

Driver: Sim 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver 110

3 Wood: Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver

2 Hybrid: Cobra Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0

4-6 Irons: 2021 P790 X-Stiff, KBS Tour FLT

7-PW Irons: 2021 P770 X-Stiff, KBS C-Taper 1* flat

Wedges: Mod 1 50* with Universal Down sole, Mod 1 56* with Narrow UP sole

My Putter: Hates Me (Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4 Putter)

5.8 Handicapped Right Hander from Salt Lake City, Utah

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_TCG said:

So I actually love going to Top Golf, but it’s not at all replacing or in my mind competing with this place.

For one, Top Golf uses dummy balls that include their RFID chips in them. I think the ball speed maxes out at like 165, but the data from the launch monitor shows they have low speeds on longer clubs. I go to top golf to drink and hang with friends. It’s incredible for that!

I lived in SoCal for 15 years and it blows my mind there isn’t a top golf. There is still a ton of land in Orange County, LA, the inland empire, and San Diego. I guess they’re concerned about competing with real golf courses which there aren’t enough of, and other outdoor activities.. 

I haven’t won the lotto yet, hence the lack of a top golf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy_TCG said:

Was just coming to say this. I actually prefer a regular range to Top Golf. The numbers are pretty far off, the atmosphere kind of sucks (to me) with drunk people shanking balls left and right. 

Nashville has one coming this year, supposedly, with 6 bays. That's a sizeable investment...

image.png.34f1ce900008fecba9bd489e98225faf.png

• Like 2
9 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

I haven’t won the lotto yet, hence the lack of a top golf. 

BTW they are opening a Top Golf in LA and one in Ontario sometime next year. They were supposed to be open by now but the pandemic halted everything.

• Like 2

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 3 months later...

I actually reached out to X-Golf earlier this year to learn more about their franchising opportunities. They were behind with current franchises being delayed some due to the Pandemic and suggested I reach out again towards the end of this year. I plan to do so.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

1 hour ago, Hobert said:

I actually reached out to X-Golf earlier this year to learn more about their franchising opportunities. They were behind with current franchises being delayed some due to the Pandemic and suggested I reach out again towards the end of this year. I plan to do so.

X-Golf, I had not heard about them.  Looks like an upscale package.  Hope you get some good news from them.

• Like 2

I reached out to X Golf last year and still haven't heard from them. We are looking at other sims and plans. 

• Like 1

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

Karsten Ping Zing putter