TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone watch "the Match" last night

tony@CIC

I watched it on and off between shows. Overall I thought it was boring but I was in total awe of the course. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I checked it out for a couple minutes course looked amazing but I didn’t really care to watch them play golf .. just wasn’t interested at all so turned it off

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Course was amazing.    I turned it on late and off early.   I think “the match” has run its course.   The couple of times that Phil asked Bryson to verbalize what he was thinking was interesting but probably nothing different than other pros do.  There wasn’t good chemistry between the Rogers and Bryson.   Seemed like Phil was trying to keep things interesting but couldn’t do it alone.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

only things interesting were the magnificence of the course and Brady ribbing Rodgers about playing for the Packers this year...

they should have recorded and edited it down to 2 hours. That was an extremely long round and it only went 16 holes. Imagine if they were tied after 18.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I echo what everyone else has said about the course, looked like a video game. 

I don't know if I think The Match has run it's course. I enjoy watching mic'd up exhibitions but the live format makes for a lot of commercials and pictures of people just sitting in their carts waiting to hit. Phil has gotten comfortable with entertaining while still being competitive but for many of the other players who have been in one of these live exhibitions, there is a lot of silence. How many of us get home and our wife/gf ask what we talked about... "ummm, golf" "For over 4 hours?" "yup".  There is not going to be major banter, or trash talking. That only happens when you get your regulars together and matching celebs and pros who rarely play together is no different than the Wednesday charity scramble of a tournament. 

I think the format needs to change. Film the match, edit out the sitting and waiting, add in JT to do color commentary while watching the film. Do funny replays of the wild shots. Make it 2 hours and it would be a huge hit. Shout out to No Laying Up for doing something very similar with their Wild World of Golf series. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I watched half a hole; don't remember which one.  Boring.  The course looks nice, but it's one I would never be able to play so what's the point of highlighting this course.

I like the idea of a match, but it has to move along.  One group to follow is difficult to keep the watchers' interest between shots.  Maybe if it were Phil/N.Korda vs. Bryson/J.Korda.

I liked the old Skins Game event and the Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

bring this back... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell's_Wonderful_World_of_Golf

a pre-recorded one-hour program on Sunday afternoons, and was notable for also including information about the host country for that week's show. It also included some of the conversations between the contestants between the shots. As such, it allowed the audience to feel they were part of a foursome traveling with the competitors and host, as opposed to being just a spectator in the gallery

either that or The Big Break - I'd much rather watch either of these. 

the only real "appeal" for me is watching other pro athletes try and play golf....and a lot of the times sucking (i.e. Brady in the first "The Match")

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I didn’t watch. I think this style of a match has run its course. Maybe an LPGA team vs. PGA tour team or a couple amateur (unfortunately would need to be celebrity’s) in a best ball scramble vs a tour player. I don’t know something to mix it up. It’s nice because it donates to charity, but this format is quite boring.

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I watched it on and off between shows. Overall I thought it was boring but I was in total awe of the course. 

I completely forgot about it😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I watched it...I also enjoyed it. Maybe not a popular opinion but personally I just like to watch golf, the banter and live interview type thing was an added entertainment to me. I do think that if it was pre recorded and shorter more people would be interested in it. 

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

The Match was fun, mainly because of Phil and the beautiful course. I like these events once a year. But they need to get better personalities in addition to Phil for the future. Bryson really wasn't so great. Tiger would always be a draw. Get Michael Jordan and Tony Romo. Justin Thomas would probably be pretty good but he is still probably toxic right now, unfortunately. Rahm would probably be good. Or go co-ed- Phil and Tiger and the Korda sisters.