TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist Blind Ball Test Thread

12 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Well that's disappointing, I really like both these that I'm testing and I want to know what hey are so I can buy them!

I've made the same comment about the #3 ball. I want to know what it is so I can game it. (For my game, though, the #4 ball is garbage and I'm not even going to finish the sleeve.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I was able to get out early today alone and played both balls against each other. As  i stated earlier, the #3 ball is softer, longer and has better spin around the greens. The #4 ball is a very good golf ball, but I really like the feel of the #3. I think the #3 is either the latest version of the Pro V1 or perhaps been tweaked some. The #3 even checked up hitting if out of some fairly deep rough around the greens. I love the #3 ball, so let the cat out of the bag and let us know what it is.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 hours ago, Beakbryce said:

I received a 3 ball sleeve from Titleist to test about ten years ago. Took them out for play on a known course, IE, my regular course where I know distances for drivers, irons, and green side shots from most positions. My problem is you never get any feedback after the testing from the manufacturer. In my case, since balls usually last me 10 rounds or more, I gave plenty of feedback which was, they didn't seem to perform any different than the current Pro V1.  Now that I have seen the video testing the 2020 Pro V1 against the original, without much difference in flight characteristics, I feel that was probably a pretty good assessment. No feedback from Titleist to the testing info I sent. Maybe it wasn't what they wanted to hear. My point is this forum should provide some really good feedback but I doubt that there will be a whole lot of difference in distance or spin, hoping for feedback that the ball goes straighter.

The ball manufacturers need a new paradigm. The original Pro V1 was it, and basically on its own forced all the ball manufacturers to improve the ball AND golf club makers to make clubs that exploited that ball. The last 20 years have been refinements to that shift in golf balls and clubs, not something revolutionary.

You don’t lose a ball for 10 rounds? 

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

1 minute ago, TCUFrog said:

You don’t lose a ball for 10 rounds? 

That's what I was thinking. Even if I didn't lose it, I'd have to take it out of play after ~1-2 rounds...

Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)

Tested:

7 hours ago, greggarner said:

I've made the same comment about the #3 ball. I want to know what it is so I can game it. (For my game, though, the #4 ball is garbage and I'm not even going to finish the sleeve.)

I'll take your remaining #4 balls... My MIL finally took the kids, and I snuck up to the course to hit some shots... 

I didn't really warm up, as it was late and the range was closed... started with an 8 iron into a par 3... #4 flew a little farther but both were decent swings... the #3 seemed to move more on me...

Drive on a par 5, once again the #3 curved more... it did on every drive but the last one... and the last drive it didn't carry a bunker I usually carry... The 4 I was 3/3 on fairways hit and it felt good... Liked then spin into the greens, and both behaved just fine on shorter chip shots... I can tell the diffference between a rock and a marshmallow... but I'm talking the actual objects... most golf balls feel the same, with the old school "distance" balls feeling hard to me... these balls both felt fine off the putter.

Over the course of 4 holes, where I hit both balls side by side, I consistently had better results with the 4 ball... that might just be blind luck... but I liked it... My drive on a par 5 went farther then I've ever hit a drive, which is weird as the wind is usually behind me, but was still... I hit the #4 farther on every hole, but it was also always in the fairway, so it had an advantage...

I'm traditionally a high spin player, but have been actively working to get my spin down... I'm hoping to get into the simulator at my club and do a durability test / spin test... Ideally, I'll have my new irons next week and can start dialing in their distances and I'll see how they like the Titleist balls.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

15 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

Overall I don't see too much a difference between the two golf balls. I no longer think they are the exact same golf ball like I initially did and I would change my theory to they are very similar off the putter. The low spin of the full wedge for the Titleist 4 might cause me some concern if I just look at the data but I did take them out to the course and there is more than enough spin. I did feel that Titleist 3 was much softer especially off the wedges as well. 

Very well researched and written! I agree with all of it from a performance standpoint as well… I really like the launch of the 4 off the driver, even if it isn’t a ton different than the 3… 

the 4 definitely spun less for me, but enough to get the job done.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

3 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

Very well researched and written! I agree with all of it from a performance standpoint as well… I really like the launch of the 4 off the driver, even if it isn’t a ton different than the 3… 

the 4 definitely spun less for me, but enough to get the job done.

Thank you very much for the compliment. 

If I had to choose between the 3 and 4 I think I would go with the 4 since I can always benefit from some lower spin off the driver as I tend to spin the ball around 3,000 RPM's since I tend to add  too much loft off of the tee. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Do any of the other testers find them to be super soft?  Like Tour Soft, Soft?

If anything I would say the Titleist 3 felt soft but it's been a while since I played the tour soft. I have a sleeve so I can compare the Tour Soft to the Titleist 3 today at work and report back. 

Forum Reviews: 

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

I game the Bridgestone X and have played the AVX… i don’t think they feel super soft… but I’ll pay attention.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

hit the test balls along side the Tour Soft and they feel the same (especially off the wedge) but I wasn't getting the same amount of spin with the Tour Soft as I was the test balls on the 50 yard pitch shots.

Forum Reviews: 

On 8/2/2021 at 7:15 AM, Shankster said:

Unfortunately, the balls I play are all firm. I just did a couple months of ball testing with Bridgestone BX, Srixon Z Star XV, TP5x, ProV1x, Snell MTBX. So both of these Titleist balls feel very soft to me. But I havent hit a Tour Soft ball in a long time. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Howdy

Questions related to how long I play a golf ball. It has become sort of a thing in my group to see how long I can play a ball.

I play on a desert course with only 2 holes with water. One of those holes the water is off the tee so maybe once a year a ball goes in. Have been playing the course since 2001, so we pretty much know where balls go if we hit in the desert. The ball is mostly finding grass and not being cut by golf cart paths or whatever. I am retired and play with my wife, so my golf budget is already pretty dang expensive, without spending money on golf balls. We play 3-6 times a week. We find a ton of balls so I haven't spent money on golf balls in a long time. I just finished playing a found golf ball getting 16 rounds out of it. Clearly I liked this ball and it was pretty exceptional. It didn't want to get lost and made a couple of birdies per round right up to it's watery grave. You couldn't read the Titleist logo on one side. But for play, this is purely cosmetic. For most of the golfers on the forum, this would be very verboten. I get that forum members would take a new ball out of service after a round or maybe two at the most. However, the value for me of the current golf ball is they will last a long time with little degradation in play ability. We don't see a downside in terms of scoring playing used balls. We play the correct tee for us which is about 6200 yards and our drives are 200-240 yards in the group. We don't play for money. We shoot in the 70's to mid 80's. If you shoot those numbers most of the time, that is roughly 36 hits per round with chips and putting being the rest of the scoring. So expecting a ball to last through 360 full hits for 10 rounds doesn't seem like that big of a requirement. Clearly, when a ball stops being in the window you want and the distance dispersion gets out of hand, the ball goes away. But for slow to medium swing speeds, how many forum members believe that is after one round?

I get that you can't minimize around the green hits for spin etc, but we are playing greens that stimp at no more than 10 and relatively speaking, not a lot of slope. 

If I was playing a tournament or was as serious about golf as I was when I was trying to qualify as a club pro- I wouldn't expect a ball to last more than 9 holes. I also wouldn't be buying my clubs on Callaway preowned and not waiting 5 or 6 years plus to replace what I am using. 

I think this would be a great test for mygolfspy. At how many hits does a modern golf ball really start to be affected for people driving the ball say 220 yards, vs players driving it 270 plus. I'm not talking refurbs which we already know are not great. They already noted in this test that for slow to medium swing speeds, dispersion from length and side to side wasn't that great for the modern ball. For stroke gained metrics at our level, at what point does a brand new ball lose enough distance or dispersion that it would materially affect golfers with slow to medium swing speeds. Mygolfspy just did a couple of weeks of testing, maybe next year take 5 Pro V1 and whack them 300 times and see what the percentage degradation looks like. Make half the hits with a driver and half with a 7 iron. 

Just saying for casual golfers a new golf ball isn't required for every round. Like all things in life, the novelty of using a ball for many rounds will wear off soon enough, but for now it's kind of fun.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I received 2 white sleeves from Titleist, #2 & #3. I tested the balls side by side on a perfect day. First, putting on the practice and actual greens, I couldn't tell any difference. Driver distance showed the balls to be virtually identical, with #2 having a higher trajectory and softer feel. #3 definitely had a harder, higher compression feel. Dispersion identical. Fairway irons the advantage goes to #2. Dispersion was tighter and my slight draw & direction was right on. Distance control was also better with #2. On a 115 yd approach #3 was slightly shorter and right, while #2 hit an inch from the pin and went in! On two par 3's, the #2 was within 15" of the pin, while the #3 was several yards right. Chipping, I couldn't tell any difference, with spin and rollout very close.  When I reported back to Titleist apparently there were three balls being tested, #2, #3, & #4. I know they won't tell me, but I'd love to know the name of #2, as I'd put that ball in play immediately if and when it becomes available.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

12 minutes ago, HDTVMAN said:

I received 2 white sleeves from Titleist, #2 & #3. I tested the balls side by side on a perfect day. First, putting on the practice and actual greens, I couldn't tell any difference. Driver distance showed the balls to be virtually identical, with #2 having a higher trajectory and softer feel. #3 definitely had a harder, higher compression feel. Dispersion identical. Fairway irons the advantage goes to #2. Dispersion was tighter and my slight draw & direction was right on. Distance control was also better with #2. On a 115 yd approach #3 was slightly shorter and right, while #2 hit an inch from the pin and went in! On two par 3's, the #2 was within 15" of the pin, while the #3 was several yards right. Chipping, I couldn't tell any difference, with spin and rollout very close.  When I reported back to Titleist apparently there were three balls being tested, #2, #3, & #4. I know they won't tell me, but I'd love to know the name of #2, as I'd put that ball in play immediately if and when it becomes available.

In what manner of communications did you report back to Titlist? Did you receive contact information with the balls or separately?

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

2 hours ago, Larryw said:

In what manner of communications did you report back to Titlist? Did you receive contact information with the balls or separately?

Oooh the plot thickens!

Tested:

3 hours ago, HDTVMAN said:

I feel the same of my #3 ball. I however have not heard from Titelist... You must be special. 

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Dang, they seemed to have installed water magnets in the #3 balls I received, as a second one again met a watery demise when it came up short on number 12 this morning.  Played the rest of the round with one of my two remaining #4 balls, to fairly good success.

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

Just got the Titleist blind survey. It is very basic. Here's the relevant questions. You can take more away from the thread. 

image.png.38dc7b0ad635cc8d189dbe708efb2096.png

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Ran some tests tonight on the simulator.  I used current ProV1, ProV1x and the Titleist Test Ball #3 and Titleist Test Ball #4 with my 7-iron.  I kept fairly tight parameters, only keeping shots that were 85+mph club head speed and within 5 yards of my target.

Overall, not too much difference between the current and the new balls. 

-- Peejer

My results are below:

SHOT BALL LAUNCH BACK SIDE SIDE OFFLINE CARRY ROLL TOTAL FLIGHT DSCNT HEIGHT CLUB PTI
# MPH DEG RPM RPM DEG YD YD YD YD SEC DEG YD MPH SCORE
ProV1                            
AVG 117 18.7 6237 83 -1.7 -5 171 11 182 6.2 44 30 86 1.36

ProV1x                            
AVG 116 19 6603 13 -0.8 -1 170 11 181 6.2 46 31 87 1.34

Titleist#3                             
AVG 115 19.2 6227 -23 -0.8 -3.5 169 12 181 6.2 45 30 85 1.36

Titleist#4                             
AVG 118 19.3 6581 326 -1.6 0 171 10 181 6.3 46

88 1.34

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

OK Survey completed.

After cutting the balls I have not changed my views.

Both balls are very good. I prefer #3 which had better launch attributes for me. I still feel that #4 stops a little better on the green but launches higher and is much more affected by wind than #3.

My takes on the ball pictures:

#3 closely resembles a Tour Speed but with a thinner cover.

#4 closely resembles a Prov1.

I included my Maxfli Tour for comparison. Looks much like a Prov1 to me.

TitlistTestBalls1.jpg

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

13 hours ago, Peejer said:

Ran some tests tonight on the simulator.  I used current ProV1, ProV1x and the Titleist Test Ball #3 and Titleist Test Ball #4 with my 7-iron.  I kept fairly tight parameters, only keeping shots that were 85+mph club head speed and within 5 yards of my target.

Overall, not too much difference between the current and the new balls. 

-- Peejer

My results are below:

SHOT BALL LAUNCH BACK SIDE SIDE OFFLINE CARRY ROLL TOTAL FLIGHT DSCNT HEIGHT CLUB PTI
# MPH DEG RPM RPM DEG YD YD YD YD SEC DEG YD MPH SCORE
ProV1                            
AVG 117 18.7 6237 83 -1.7 -5 171 11 182 6.2 44 30 86 1.36

ProV1x                            
AVG 116 19 6603 13 -0.8 -1 170 11 181 6.2 46 31 87 1.34

Titleist#3                             
AVG 115 19.2 6227 -23 -0.8 -3.5 169 12 181 6.2 45 30 85 1.36

Titleist#4                             
AVG 118 19.3 6581 326 -1.6 0 171 10 181 6.3 46

88 1.34

Pretty significant differences in spin 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Ok, so apparently I didn't set up the launch monitor correctly to record the data on my session in the hitting bay today... oh well. It wasn't that remarkable! My spin numbers were a touch higher with the 3 ball with irons and hybrids... not a ton of difference, though... Honestly, variance would be enough to explain the difference. I also can't hit driver in my hitting bay as it's too small for me to swing driver (I'm tall and have a long finish)

I took the two balls out to my least favorite 433 par 4 and banged some drivers (I only had 2 of each for reasons)... on the first hole the #3 went slight farther, the 2 4s were well struck and right next to each other and the last #3 found it's way barely OB... My misses have CONSISTENTLY been bigger with the 3 ball, but I don't have enough reps in to really conclude it's the ball and not just me being a 6 handicap. The three drivers were all inside the 150 marker, so 280+ which I'm perfectly happy with. 

Hit some pitching wedges at a green (I should have moved closer... I was pushing it!) hit on with one of each... the 4 spun slightly more, but I was happy with the results of both balls...

On the next hole, I crushed 3 drives into the fairway and had a hot pull left that was in bounds and closest to the pin (but in the rough)... I knocked some 50 yard wedges at the pin, and the #4 stopped closest, but the spin generated seemed about equal. 

Overall, I think I like the 4 better... It might just be luck based, but I've seemed to hit better shots with it and gotten away with misses more... I'm going to play the 4 tomorrow during my round and then the 3 the next time I play and see if I notice any difference over 18 holes.

Sub70 5i - DG S400

I played the #3 on the front nine and the #4 on the back nine today. Observations:

#3 was softer off the tee, iron & putter

#4 had a higher flight

both flew about the same.

#4 came out of the bunker on the last hole and stopped just a few feet from the hole.  I was in a bunker that was below the green so I was surprised by the stop.

I think I like the #4 best.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I ran some more tests tonight on the simulator.  I used current ProV1, ProV1x and the Titleist Test Ball #3 and Titleist Test Ball #4 with my Pitching Wedge.  I kept fairly tight parameters, only keeping shots that were within 5 yards of my target.

Significantly lower spin and longer roll-out on Test Ball #3.

-- Peejer

My results are below:

SHOT BALL LAUNCH BACK SIDE SIDE OFFLINE CARRY ROLL TOTAL FLIGHT DSCNT HEIGHT
# MPH DEG RPM RPM DEG YD YD YD YD SEC DEG YD
ProV1                        
AVG 97 28.4 9418 485 -1.9 0 127 5.5 133 5.7 50 30

ProV1x                        
AVG 98 30 8094 412 -2.3 -2 128 6.5 135 5.9 52 32

Test Ball 3                        
AVG 96 31.8 6773 391 -2.2 -2 126 8 134 6 53 33

Test Ball 4                        
AVG 97 30 8762 548 -2 0 127 6.3 134 5.9 51 31

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

5 hours ago, Peejer said:

I ran some more tests tonight on the simulator.  I used current ProV1, ProV1x and the Titleist Test Ball #3 and Titleist Test Ball #4 with my Pitching Wedge.  I kept fairly tight parameters, only keeping shots that were within 5 yards of my target.

-- Peejer

My results are below:

ProV1                        

ProV1x                        

Test Ball 3                        

Test Ball 4                        

That’s interesting that #3 launches nearly 2* higher yet has that much less spin.

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

That’s interesting that #3 launches nearly 2* higher yet has that much less spin.

that would be fairly common in an ionomer ball, but it is surprising for urethane. I'm also looking at the spin differentials between ProV1 and ProV1x, which seem inverted from what I would have expected

Tested:

Played the #4 ball last night and hit side by side with the 3 on a few occasions. 3 seemed slightly softer, I use my hollow body G700 4 iron off the tee as it is loud especially on mis-hits. Minimal performance difference on full iron swings. These are 2 tee shots that ran out to 225 with the 4 iron. Couldn’t do that again if I tried. 
E38A37F4-9A65-4461-8FF7-49F4B834F4A6.jpeg.5df7c7d63dda6fcde533ec2351d81fce.jpeg

Full swing performance into greens is mostly of the one hop and stop variety. Full 8 iro :
DD669292-C092-44D0-8A17-F6F1E82C839E.jpeg.ca27521a19b44dfab8325cfab3e7b030.jpeg

Full 9 iron which backed up off an up slope:

DFE3EF47-70CA-445B-A15C-974857A347D2.jpeg.e11ccc06229f75f4341ccd3e50d399f0.jpeg

2x 70 yard shots with lob wedge off downhill lie. Landing spots were different slopes so unable to judge run out. 

AA0977A3-9BC5-4EF8-9179-33D8EEAAED23.jpeg.52ec4dbd5db04ab3c0f7f551b2ab7ec0.jpeg

Was only able to hit driver twice. Had 1 wipey heel slice with each ball. I would say the #3 ball curved a bit less. Ball flight seemed higher with the #4 but would need more data with consistent strikes. 

Nothing from this test would discourage me from playing the #4. Next time will play the #3 with a few side by side shots with the 4 sprinkled in. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

13 hours ago, Peejer said:

-- Peejer

My results are below:

ProV1                        

ProV1x                        

Test Ball 3                        

Test Ball 4                        

all those spin numbers seem really low....even for the Prov1....

Golf is cool