16 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have a skytrack and it helps but I don't put a lot of stock into the numbers it puts out at times. 

Maybe you have discussed this elsewhere but how often do you actually use your SkyTrack? The people I know that have them (literally two) used them a bunch the first few months and then gradually stopped using them, almost altogether. One guy claimed he got worse because of indoor swing syndrome (I am a little dubious because his ceiling is like 14 feet so it's not like he was worried about hitting the ceiling). The other guy said the novelty wore off and he started to see the SkyTrack like a game rather than anything resembling golf. Also, one of the Chasing Scratch guys got one and he doesn't seem like he thinks it is helping, hahaha. 

I am optimistic I would continue to use it. I like to practice more than both my friends and when I have time (a few times a week) I will hit birdie balls or shag balls on the way to or from work....literally anywhere I can (school field, empty lot, etc). I have a young family as I mentioned so time is at a premium. 

41 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Maybe you have discussed this elsewhere but how often do you actually use your SkyTrack? The people I know that have them (literally two) used them a bunch the first few months and then gradually stopped using them, almost altogether. One guy claimed he got worse because of indoor swing syndrome (I am a little dubious because his ceiling is like 14 feet so it's not like he was worried about hitting the ceiling). The other guy said the novelty wore off and he started to see the SkyTrack like a game rather than anything resembling golf. Also, one of the Chasing Scratch guys got one and he doesn't seem like he thinks it is helping, hahaha. 

I am optimistic I would continue to use it. I like to practice more than both my friends and when I have time (a few times a week) I will hit birdie balls or shag balls on the way to or from work....literally anywhere I can (school field, empty lot, etc). I have a young family as I mentioned so time is at a premium. 

I would have them provide handicap numbers before and after using the unit, or strokes gained numbers if they keep detailed stats. It doesn't mean much if they can't provide any numbers and only "feel" like they got worse or it didn't help. Especially if they just stopped using the device. Even if their numbers did get worse, you need to consider how they are practicing. If they used to practice more outdoors and used Skytrak as a replacement, then I could see that impacting your play on a course. 

The primary benefits are to understand and map your carry distances (gap testing) and your dispersion patterns with each club. Skytrak will be of limited benefit if you know all of your carry distances on full and partial shots, don't want to track ball speed, and have some good ideas on dispersion. If you don't want the ability to hit full swings indoors with feedback or have a cheap simulator, it probably isn't a good purchase. If you do hit shots indoors, I don't see why you would do it with no feedback and there's strong consensus that camera based systems are better than radar at each price point for indoor usage. In areas where you can't play outside in the winter, they are significantly more valuable. 

As an anecdote, Scott Fawcett seemed to like his ST prior to upgrading to a GC Quad and his handicap is 5-8 shots better than the Chasing Scratch guys. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

On 7/12/2021 at 4:25 AM, kyleT said:

Spin & Face angle are calculated but for the money, it'll be the only device measuring both ball & club laterally which is very exciting if it's accurate.
I'm getting one anyway but fascinated to see someone put it up against a Trackman or Quad to compare accuracy.
image.png.39d7ebfca0954dbee713dfa0d0329591.png

This is the big thing for me.  +/- 5yds on carry distance with driver, ok.  Whatever.  But +/- 5yds with wedges is a different animal altogether (IMO).  I don't know of too many who look at total distance with launch monitors (too many conditional variables like fairway firmness, length of grass, etc.).   Another thing that is very important for accuracy is club face angle (+/- 2 degrees).  It would seem like 2 degrees at driver speed is a big deal.  Could change the ball's start line, amount of curvature, etc. If that is being simulated, might cause you to constantly change your swing.  Perhaps it would best be used on the course to get numbers (range balls would also affect distance accuracy).  IDK.  

• Like 1

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

Since you try to find time to hit balls whenever you can I would guess you would also use the skytrak.   I use my ExPutt, roll balls down a ruler, hit chips,  and do most wanted testing as frequently as they will let me.  If I could save time driving to a range and could walk out into a garage I would have one setup now.   I love practicing and playing golf and the desire really hasn’t slowed down for years.  Based on that I am sure it would work for me.  For you, that is ultimately your call.  

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 7/22/2021 at 7:50 AM, vandyland said:

I use it a couple of times a week. Not usually more than 30-60 minutes each time but it is super nice to just be hanging around the house and decide I want to hit some balls. Yesterday I played a course that is 5 mins from my house, rather than pay for range balls I just warmed up at home and went straight to the first tee. It is a nice luxury to have. 

• Like 6

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

youtube review with some comparisons: 

14 of the following:

Ping G400 Max

Cobra King F9 Speedback 3 wood

Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Taylormade M4 5 hybrid

Callaway Mavrik Max 6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

I own a Mevo+ & practice on a TM... I will be buying a Garmin, this winter. 

— There is one other major feature here not yet mentioned that — GC Quad or Trackman does NOT have.

That is simulation of your home course or other local courses you actually play... 

“42,000+ VIRTUAL COURSES”

“You and up to three other golfers can likely play your own home course or even a course you’re going to play on your next trip with virtual rounds2 for more than 42,000 worldwide courses.“

I play some courses up to around 150 miles from home. I’ve had a Garmin Watch since version 1. They say “likely your home course” . 

But I’ve never played a course in or out of State that the Garmin Watch didn’t provide yardages... This LM must interface with that golf course database...

This means I can do practice rounds in my backyard on courses I routinely play with the tees & yardages available on demand. I’m sure the graphics aren’t simulator quality but that still would work great for practice rounds, I hit into a net anyway. 

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

I use it a couple of times a week. Not usually more than 30-60 minutes each time but it is super nice to just be hanging around the house and decide I want to hit some balls. Yesterday I played a course that is 5 mins from my house, rather than pay for range balls I just warmed up at home and went straight to the first tee. It is a nice luxury to have. 

That's huge.  I have ready access to a TrackMan (actually three TrackMen) no more than 30 minutes from my house, and I use them maybe once a week through the winter.  Having something in the house would be nice.  And since the only room in my house with high ceilings is the garage, I need something I can set up and tear down quickly.

• Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I really want one of these PLM…but which one to get? Mevo, Mevo+, Rapisdo, Garmin, or wait to see what the Bushnell unit looks like and sells for??

Im so confused!

• Like 3

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

1 minute ago, TBT said:

I really want one of these PLM…but which one to get? Mevo, Mevo+, Rapisdo, Garmin, or wait to see what the Bushnell unit looks like and sells for??

Im so confused!

After reading about this Garmin one… I am super interested in it specifically.  The bushnell has the potential to be way out of my golf budget.

I look at it as like buying a membership, eventually, when I find the right place I will join a club.  A PLM Will be my “club” til then.  So it has to have the ability to play “a course”.

We have a sky track at work that is just sitting.  Waiting on the internet extension to my shop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

After reading about this Garmin one… I am super interested in it specifically.  The bushnell has the potential to be way out of my golf budget.

I look at it as like buying a membership, eventually, when I find the right place I will join a club.  A PLM Will be my “club” til then.  So it has to have the ability to play “a course”.

We have a sky track at work that is just sitting.  Waiting on the internet extension to my shop.

Yeah, the Garmin definitely has my attention too….but Foresight’s involvement in the Bushnell makes it intriguing for sure. If I could get the Garmin right now I would probably already have it in the garage 😎

• Like 2

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it accuracy, battery life, and real life results. As soon as it gets tested, i'm ready to add it to the practice gear.

doug frazier

40 minutes ago, TBT said:

Im so confused!

Fortunately I don't have a place to put one so I am not pressured to buy one.   Searching for a house and having an appropriate space is part of the requirements.   My short list right now is probably Skytrak, Mevo+, Garmin, and Busnell 

36 minutes ago, Shankster said:

So it has to have the ability to play “a course”.

Sad that you have a Skytrak just sitting unused and neglected 😞   What does play a course mean?  Do you want it to be simulator like with visuals that look like a course?   Or what I believe the garmin will offer which is an overhead view of the course that you can hit simulated shots?  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Fortunately I don't have a place to put one so I am not pressured to buy one.   Searching for a house and having an appropriate space is part of the requirements.   My short list right now is probably Skytrak, Mevo+, Garmin, and Busnell 

Sad that you have a Skytrak just sitting unused and neglected 😞   What does play a course mean?  Do you want it to be simulator like with visuals that look like a course?   Or what I believe the garmin will offer which is an overhead view of the course that you can hit simulated shots?  

Yeah.  Simulator.  Planning to have an indoor gold league.  We have about 8 people that “play” golf.  Have the whole set up.  Just no juice for the internet… 

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, Shankster said:

This in the hands of anyone yet?  

I don't think this has shipped yet. I just pre-ordered mine from a shop in WA and website says shipping on 8/20. 

On 7/29/2021 at 5:44 PM, Shankster said:

The Bushnell is most likely going to be in the same class as a Mevo+/Skytrak so definitely out of budget for me as well. In terms of the accuracy though it will be interesting to test out the Garmin against a higher end LM. Once mine arrives I will try and find a place that has a GC Quad or a Trackman and see if they will let me compare numbers. Where do you work that you have a Skytrak just sitting??? Are you hiring??? I have mobile hotspot on my phone...xPPP

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 7/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, TBT said:

Im so confused!

I’m in the same boat just when I settle on one to save for another one comes out or is teased! I have access to a 2500 sq ft indoor baseball facility on a daily basis, I could work on so much! I just can’t decide what to get lol 😆 

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

All did anyone else get an update on shipping? I got an email from my seller that they should be getting the units in between 8/15-8/20 and would be shipping it priority to me from their warehouse in Seattle so should be at my house within a few days.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

18 hours ago, golfish! said:

All did anyone else get an update on shipping? I got an email from my seller that they should be getting the units in between 8/15-8/20 and would be shipping it priority to me from their warehouse in Seattle so should be at my house within a few days.

Got my email from playbetter.  Sounds like I could be in the Mid September group.  But I’m holding out hope for the 1st group which o think Is the third or 4th week of August 

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

This is the launch monitor I'm really looking forward to. The Android compatibility is really important to me. I'm looking forward to some of y'all getting them in your hands and reading what you have to say about it. 

• Like 2