Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What friggin driver should I be using (testing the 3 I currently own against each other)

DechamBRO

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Fun thread - you are definitely a MGSer taking this on. 

I’m simpler than most. The trend I’m seeing is that when you keep your launch rate around 15 and spin rate under 3,000 you get the most carry.

It would be very helpful to get in one high level LM session to determine your AoA for certain. Then check out on line - there are charts out there that tell you, this swing speed, this AoA’s ideal launch angle and Spin Rate.  

Try to match that

Im guessing it will be between 14 and 15 and 2,500. 

BTW you could try messing with tee height a bit as well. Also shaft length. Have you figured out a pattern of where on the club face your misses are coming?

Yeah, that is what I have read online for my swing speed as well. I do like seeing the actual results on the course as well though. I am hoping to get on a higher end launch monitor in the near future, for more precise numbers than the Mevo can offer.I feel it is fairly accurate with most numbers, spin from everything I have seen/heard/read is that it is generally about 10% high. Launch angle and peak height though are much less consistent.

My biggest miss is def towards the toe

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

20 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

Yeah, that is what I have read online for my swing speed as well. I do like seeing the actual results on the course as well though. I am hoping to get on a higher end launch monitor in the near future, for more precise numbers than the Mevo can offer.I feel it is fairly accurate with most numbers, spin from everything I have seen/heard/read is that it is generally about 10% high. Launch angle and peak height though are much less consistent.

My biggest miss is def towards the toe

Try hitting a series of balls where you grip down into the mix too. If they are stock 45.5 shafts - measure 1/2 inch and put a mark of some sort for consistency sake.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD