Greywalls- Marquette Golf Club (MI)

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Yeah.  There a few like that I’ve played.  When I played Greywalls I was still recovering from shoulder surgery, played like garbage.  Which in turn made me dislike the course.  It does have some amazing views, and pretty fun greens.  I’d like to get back up there to play it now that I can hit the ball further than 200 yards.

I will say that we played in 2x this week. The first day it was cold and rainy, I didn’t play great either. Thought it was a nice course but didn’t enjoy it because it was difficult to figure out where to play shots. The second time we were given a yardage book that includes tips for how to play a whole. Made a huge difference in how I played and scored. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

1 minute ago, RollingGreens said:

I will say that we played in 2x this week. The first day it was cold and rainy, I didn’t play great either. Thought it was a nice course but didn’t enjoy it because it was difficult to figure out where to play shots. The second time we were given a yardage book that includes tips for how to play a whole. Made a huge difference in how I played and scored. 

Yeah, that would have helped when I played it.  Definitely on my “To do” List to come back and play again.  

great recap, review and photos sir!

• Like 1

I played Greywalls and the Heritage (Langford 9 holes) a few weeks ago and look forward to play again next year.  The first seven holes are an adventure.  You can play golf until 1030PM EST!

There is a hidden BACK tee on top of the Greywalls par 3, 6th hole.  The views are stunning.  

All the local restaurants shutdown at 9PM due to the pandemic, but hopefully Marquette opens it up next year.

• Like 1

In my  :cameron-small: Explorer cart bag or MacKenzie golf baggolf bag:

:titelist-small: TSi2 11° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6 stiff Tour Velvet grip A4 setting

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5°and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff Tour Velvet grip A4, A1 setting

:titelist-small:  T300 5-W (48°) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 stiff Tour Velvet grip 1.5° flat

:vokey-small:  SM8 52.12F and 58.10S Slate Blue Dynamic Gold stiff New Decade Multi Compound with BV Wings 1° flat

Scotty Cameron   2020 Special Select Newport 34"

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

SkyCaddiesx400

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, Play18 said:

I played Greywalls and the Heritage (Langford 9 holes) a few weeks ago and look forward to play again next year.  The first seven holes are an adventure.  You can play golf until 1030PM EST!

There is a hidden BACK tee on top of the Greywalls par 3, 6th hole.  The views are stunning.  

All the local restaurants shutdown at 9PM due to the pandemic, but hopefully Marquette opens it up next year.

It is definitely a great track to play. I had to leave a day early for travel so I wasn’t able to play the heritage course

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

• 3 weeks later...

The lake is actually Lake Superior.  You can see Lake Michigan at Escanaba and Lake Huron only east of Mackinaw Bridge. DeVries also designed the Kingsley Club, IMO his best.