TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are people using for simulators?

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a simulator and am wondering what people are using and like. I really want it to help me in the off season here in NH to keep my game improving. I don't have a set budget but would try to keep it under 20k.

Thanks!

-Tom

Driver: _ :callaway-small:_  GBB Epic , 10.5

Fairway: _ :callaway-small:_ Epic

Irons: _ :ping-small:_ G25 Black Dot, CFS Steel Stiff

Wedges: _ :titelist-small:_ SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12 mixed grinds

Putter: _ :odyssey-small:_ Works

“Everybody can see that my swing is homegrown. That means everybody has a chance to do it.†-Bubba Watson

20k budget should be more than enough… gc quad is a great simulator and should be in that range… the sky trak is also very popular! 

honestly, I’d figure out how much it’s going to cost to build the hitting area, and then figure out what simulator you can afford. 

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

Help me understand.  How does everyone differentiate launch monitor and simulator?   A Launch monitor is part of a simulator, but a simulator in my mind is about recreating the golf experience which would also cover the mat (with various lie options), surface slopes, projector, screen, golf software, etc.    To the OP,  how realistic do you want to get for your $20k?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Help me understand.  How does everyone differentiate launch monitor and simulator?   A Launch monitor is part of a simulator, but a simulator in my mind is about recreating the golf experience which would also cover the mat (with various lie options), surface slopes, projector, screen, golf software, etc.    To the OP,  how realistic do you want to get for your $20k?

To me:

Launch Monitor:  GC Quad, Trackman, SkyTrak, etc.

Simulator: Launch Monitor + Projection and software for simulation, mat, screen, etc. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Thanks for the feedback guys. It seems as though the GC Quad and trackman give a higher level of precision for analyzing your game which should explain the price difference between them and a SkyTrak. I'm almost thinking of building out my simulator and starting with a SkyTrak. Seem inexpensive enough as a launch monitor that even if i don't end up loving it i could go with one of the others after.

Driver: _ :callaway-small:_  GBB Epic , 10.5

Fairway: _ :callaway-small:_ Epic

Irons: _ :ping-small:_ G25 Black Dot, CFS Steel Stiff

Wedges: _ :titelist-small:_ SM6 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12 mixed grinds

Putter: _ :odyssey-small:_ Works

“Everybody can see that my swing is homegrown. That means everybody has a chance to do it.†-Bubba Watson

Yes, Skytrak could be a good place to start at a 'relatively' low price point.  You can then look at upgrading anytime.

I don't have course/proper sim options for mine, but if I had a suitable indoor space for the set up I would definitely consider it.  

I put a SkyTrak in my media room with a 9'x13' impact screen/hitting bay.  Works great!  Use the The Golf Club 2019 for playing courses, tourney, etc. and the SkyTrak for range sessions and game improvement.  All in was like $7K.  If you want all the details let me know and I can list what and where I purchased online or you can hit me up via email. 

Simulator.jpg

Yea, Costco sells a full Sim-in-a-box with the GC Quad for like $16,000. GC Quad is considered the best by most but if you have a mix of lefties and righties, maybe a Trackman would be better. Or Mevo+ is the cheaper alternative. 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I have a Foresight GC2 setup with the new software. It's really impressive. Right now I just hit into a hitting net and display on a TV, but hopefully this winter I can get a full bay setup with projector and hitting screen. I will go out in the evenings once the kids are asleep for hit for an hour or so. I find myself wanting to hit balls instead of wasting time watching TV or my phone.

I'm a hockey player playing golf today.
TSR3, Ventus Blue Velocore 7X
JPX 921 Tour Irons
Evnroll EV5.1
ProV1x