Addicted2Golf

The Haney Project

Our Sponsors

Ok....so what's your opinion/impression of Haney from the show (last year's and this one)?

I'll post my thoughts after I get some feedback.

He seems OK to me. He has a bit of an odd tempo to him. Almost like a pause in conversation before he replies. Overall, he seems more comfortable this season. Sometimes last year it seemed like he would rather be somewhere else.

I would take lessons from him, but I sort of get the feeling that a non-famous hacker is not his student of choice...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

He seems OK to me. He has a bit of an odd tempo to him. Almost like a pause in conversation before he replies. Overall, he seems more comfortable this season. Sometimes last year it seemed like he would rather be somewhere else.

I would take lessons from him, but I sort of get the feeling that a non-famous hacker is not his student of choice...

Well....I guess no one else wants to chime in...so I'll go ahead and give my take.

I watched all last year, watched him on the Golf Channel show about the school he ran that was for academics and golf, and now watching him this new season. I'll preface this with, of course all I've got to go on is the TV shows, and a lot can come down to editing, and it could or could not be the real him. However, I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that seems to rub me the wrong way. To me, he comes off a bit big-headed and egotistical. It's almost like he's got a "big time" attitude...like he thinks he's just a little bit better than everyone else. Again, I could be wrong, but that's how he comes across to me from what I've seen.

Well....I guess no one else wants to chime in...so I'll go ahead and give my take.

I watched all last year, watched him on the Golf Channel show about the school he ran that was for academics and golf, and now watching him this new season. I'll preface this with, of course all I've got to go on is the TV shows, and a lot can come down to editing, and it could or could not be the real him. However, I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that seems to rub me the wrong way. To me, he comes off a bit big-headed and egotistical. It's almost like he's got a "big time" attitude...like he thinks he's just a little bit better than everyone else. Again, I could be wrong, but that's how he comes across to me from what I've seen.

I feel this too. Almost like he doesn't want to be on the show even. The one episode with the fan letter last season eats at this a little. His emotion seemed very genuine to me.

Til I meet him, I'll assume editing. :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

Yeah....best to give the benefit of the doubt....but still, he just seems to have a bit of a smug factor that turns me off.

I speak a little more in general..The Golf Channel has really stepped it up with their own shows of late. Being John Daly, The Haney Project, the Golf Fix(a great show) and I sometimes even watch the Big Break. They have room for a couple more programs, but they are really becoming good TV to watch.

Don't forget Golf in America. Another great show. I especially liked the episode about the guys who sleep in the parking lot every weekend and have no social life (e.g. women) so they can play Torrey Pines.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yeah, but wouldn't you have to have a big ego and a ton of bravado to stand toe to toe with the tour pros that he's trying to teach all day (Tiger especially).

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Yeah, at one point during last season I thought it might be interesting to see Hank teach an average run-of-the-mill golfer. But now, two episodes into this season, I think that would be a disaster. I don't think Hank would have the patience for mediocrity. If you're not the best at something then he probably thinks you don't have the mental makeup and drive to be good and he's not interested.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

That would be a great Golf Channel Contest, "Who Want's to be Hank Haney's next project" and pick from the watchers.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

Count me out of that one....

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

That would be a great Golf Channel Contest, "Who Want's to be Hank Haney's next project" and pick from the watchers.

I would enter for the trip to The Oven. Hank would tire of my swing in a hurry though, I imagine.

Volvo Intorqueo

I'd sign up for that... I could use any help I can get...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

That would really be awesome, except anyone can already go to his academy, although I guess this would get you some 1on1 time, and TV time, hahaha.

That would really be awesome, except anyone can already go to his academy, although I guess this would get you some 1on1 time, and TV time, hahaha.

Don't count on that....I bet Hank isn't teaching many of us everyday golfers.

That would be a cool prize to win, but probably not a ratings bonanza.

"Watch Joe Six-Pack hack and slice for 12 weeks while Hank Haney shakes his head and mutters."

I could just as easily videotape my own lessons.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

But I would much rather the producers pay my way then having to pay for it myself...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

The most expensive guy at the Lewisville, TX location is $250/hour and the cheapest is $75/hour. I can't confirm it, but I have heard Hank runs the $400/hour range.

In my KZG Stand Bag:

wishon.gif 919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)

wishon.gif 919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)

KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)

KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33"

bridgestone.gif e7 or srixon.gif TriSpeed

callaway.gif uPro

My Golf Blog

My Scorecards

The most expensive guy at the Lewisville, TX location is $250/hour and the cheapest is $75/hour. I can't confirm it, but I have heard Hank runs the $400/hour range.

Here are some more pages of Haney school info. http://www.hankhaney.com/Instruction/tabid/87/Default.aspx

Seems that it is either $125/$250 per hour. No mention of Hank. I think the $400 may be low.

Volvo Intorqueo

That number is about 2 years old so you are probably right on that.

In my KZG Stand Bag:

wishon.gif 919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)

wishon.gif 919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)

KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)

KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33"

bridgestone.gif e7 or srixon.gif TriSpeed

callaway.gif uPro

My Golf Blog

My Scorecards

Good luck getting a time with Haney -- at any rate.

Those guys (all the top teachers) charge so much as a way to weed down the number of people making demands on their time. Those guys no where their bread is buttered...and that's the tour boys that get their name out there so they can then sell instruction tapes, DVD's, books, market their underling teachers, and market their name on other people's products.

That's why Tiger never wanted to pay Butch Harmon very much. Tiger always thought Harmon was making enough off the association to Tiger.