TESTERS WANTED! ×

Restore a Glove Post Round - who has a solution?

In Iowa’s heat and humidity it’s typical to wear three gloves a round. All kinds of ways to try and keep them dry during the round - Velcro to the card -struck on an alignment stick..

But what do you do post round to restore, preserve, dry..???  Who has a good method?

ive tried keeping them in the case/sleeve they came in.  They are usually still moist when I go to use again. If I leave them out they are stiff and feel like they shrunk. 

Anyone find a good solution?  Or are we just destined to keep buying more and more?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

this is exactly the reason i went to a cheaper glove. gloves are absolutely a consumable, just like balls. 

my bag has a velcro patch on one of the front pockets meant to hold gloves. if i’m walking, i stick my glove to it after each shot to let my hand and the glove breathe. if i’m riding, i just place it on the seat next to me. 

once a glove rips a little or becomes crusty, it’s a range glove and i open a new gamer glove. 

i use the MG Dynagrip elite…they’re $6/glove and as nice as anything else i’ve worn. i buy 10 at a time personalized with my initials (extra $1 charge) and i think i’ve gone through 4 or 5 since the middle of last season or about 40 rounds. 

that’s a long way of saying that i don’t have a good post round solution other than buying cheaper gloves. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Circle 15 golf sells a humidor for gloves that seems to work fairly well for one glove at a time....It's a bit cumbersome due to the size of the box, but it does fit in your bag.  Not sure it's the best solution.

For years I played without a glove, but went back to one when I went for a full bag fitting at CC 2 years ago.  Been wearing one since.  Not as humid here in Oregon, so it's not as bad as what you describe.  I do know that putting a glove in a bag pocket after wearing will ruin a glove quicker than it should.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I don’t have much to offer except moving out of Iowa. (j/k) As a Michigander relocated to SC, I GET the humidity angle. I just hang ‘em in the cart and keep switching out. I’ve been using gloves from Vice, and they seem to hold up really well to the wear and the weather. Takes a while to get them from Germany, but it’s all part of the experience. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

take the glove off between shots; switch to an artificial leather glove when it gets hot and muggy.  Live in KC, this process works for me.

Edited by MarineJoe

Cleveland VAS 792 3-W 🥺

Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings HSM

Cleveland 588 "rusty" wedges

22 hours ago, Shankster said:

No glove has worked for me, about 25 years of golf.  Rarely wore a glove.  Never made me any better, so I figured what’s the point.

Ditto, no glove. Half cords. Only thing I’ll do if it’s a humid day is wash and dry my hands at the turn to get the dirt and sweat off them. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I live in the Houston area and we have our share of the heat and humidity. A lot of the guys here including me put talcum powder or baby powder in the glove before you play to help eliminate the moisture.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9*

Fairway - Ping G425 #5 & #7

Hybrid - Ping G425 #4

Irons - Mizuno JPX HM 923 5-AW

Putter - Scotty Pro Platinum Newport two

21 minutes ago, rwellis4 said:

You need to switch to a Footjoy rain glove. They get better when they get wet, so you won't have to worry if they get too wet.

Same here - and they come in a grey color in addition to black. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Sorry but you haven’t played in humidity until you’ve played in the South (I’m from Illinois and living in NC).

Footjoy has a glove called Tropicool that I’m using specifically for humid conditions.  So far it’s worked well…much better than a rain glove. $15 on Amazon 

I live in Iowa as well and I found taking my glove off after every shot helps tremendously. It also becomes part of my pre-shot routine to put it on while figuring out my yardage. I have had gloves last over a year doing this. 

Just a side rant but not a huge fan of the statements that say you don’t know “such and such until you did/play this”.  Absolutely pointless statements. 

That is all please continue with the topic! Lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I use a glove glove shaper to keep my gloves in good shape. I also use quite expensive gloves they bionic ones due to nerve damage. They dry out good and the shaper just clips to my bag. Keep wet ones outside bag on shaper usually dry after a few holes. Then I can cycle back and forth. 

steelhead 9°, rbz 5w, ping awr 2 bc irons, isi irons, or nike vapor irons, cleveland 52°, 58°, 64° 2 ball putter.

I live in Kansas City, not far from you and it is generally very humid here in the summer.  I alternate two to three all-weather gloves during a round in the summer.  After about 3-4 rounds they get greasy from sweat.  Then I wash them with a strong detergent and water by hand with a brush, inside and out.  Let them dry and they are about as good as new.  Believe it or not, this same method works on cabretta leather gloves also.  Another thing I do is wear nylon sleeves to absorb the sweat from my arms before it runs down into my hands.  Hope that helps

1 hour ago, MarineJoe said:

take the glove off between shots; switch to an artificial leather glove when it gets hot and muggy.  Live in KC, this process works for me.

I’ve found synthetic gloves to be worse when they get sweaty. They get slippery, almost slimy. Yuck. I stick with all leather.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Have the same problem here on Cape Cod. Saved a ton of money when I stopped fighting the heat, humidity and sweat from playing in the summer. I use rain gloves. Typically rotate 3 left hand gloves. All you need to do is rinse them out when they get a bit wet and soggy. And besides, you save money on gloves you wears couple of times and throw out. 

Wash machine, insert hand while wet, let air dry. I quit wearing a glove years ago. I sweat, I don't perspire. Club's not stable in my hand with a glove on. Anyway, I do this with gloves I've found, I just gave a friend and his wife 15-20 "reconditioned" gloves and they couldn't be happier.

COBRA KING LTD Matrix Ozik HD6

ADAMS Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

CLEVELAND GlideRail 20.5* Kuro Kage 80i

CALLAWAY Apex Forged 5-PW UST Recoil 680

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50* & 54* Kuro Kage 80i

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

I’ve been doing an unofficial test and review on the Mokom golf glove. So far it is working out well. I keep the glove on the entire round. This week will be its true test. I’m in Myrtle Beach and it’s really humid right now. Probably double the humidity I see in Tennessee. Golfing tomorrow!

Before this I would put the glove on after a round and wash it in the sink with dawn dish soap (blue color). Then hang it to dry but every hour or so I would put my hand back in it and flex everything to prevent the dried up stiff glove problem. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I live in Mississippi, so I play in high heat and humidity. I hook a bungee cord to the front roof posts on the cart and hang my gloves there. Like a clothesline for gloves. In the summer, I will rotate 4 gloves during the round. And I always take the glove off between shots. This works pretty well. 
I wish I could get a good grip without a glove but my hands just sweat too much. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

5 hours ago, rwellis4 said:

You need to switch to a Footjoy rain glove. They get better when they get wet, so you won't have to worry if they get too wet.

I agree.   I use a rain glove when the humidity is up.  Works out great.    Even yesterday it was only 75 but it was so damn humid.     The normal leather gloves turn into soggy mush in ten minutes.    (Maybe I should stop drinking beer.)

Some days I use a rain glove on the trail hand too.   

Only bad thing is my rain glove stinks like a hockey glove.   

I also, have a Velcro patch on my SM bag. I’ve found in the KY humidity, I’ll remove the glove after each shot & stick it back there. I have another one ready for the next shot. Alternate gloves for each shot. I’ve done this for the past 3yrs & it’s worked wonders. The time in between shots, while the glove is riding on the bag, really seems to air it out & keep it somewhat dry. 

Cally Epic Flash 3 💎 / HZRDUS 1100- 6.5/tipped 1.5”

TM M3 3wd HL/ Rogue 80x

Srixon 785/ DGTI x100s

Bridgestone Tour B/ 52°&58°- DGTI s400

Scotty TEI3 Long Neck

Live in Iowa as well.  FootJoy rain gloves are my go to throughout the year except for very cold condtions. Then switch to the FootJoy winter gloves. Intrigued bh the Tropicool suggestion above though.

Short game savant, driving disaster...

Ziploc bag after the round when the glove is dry.

If you want to recondition: wash, put your hand in the wet glove to form it, air dry, and use a little leather conditioner/softener on the inside of the glove.  

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

20 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I’ve been doing an unofficial test and review on the Mokom golf glove. So far it is working out well. I keep the glove on the entire round. This week will be its true test. I’m in Myrtle Beach and it’s really humid right now. Probably double the humidity I see in Tennessee. Golfing tomorrow!

Before this I would put the glove on after a round and wash it in the sink with dawn dish soap (blue color). Then hang it to dry but every hour or so I would put my hand back in it and flex everything to prevent the dried up stiff glove problem. 

Enjoy Myrtle!  I'm about 4-1/2 hrs away and LOVE the golf options there, as well as the beach and the restaurants.  Play well!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I live in Fl and play in the humidity on a regular basis. I started wearing wrists bands like I do for tennis and found I only have to change gloves once a round as opposed to 3 to 4 times. I air dry by hanging on the bag or on the cart. 

John Burnsworth

Houston area here. The best thing I’ve found is to just rotate religiously. I typically rotate 2 gloves during a round and take them off after every shot. Even then they will tend to get some sweat around the wrist. At the range I use cheaper gloves but also rotate.

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* Kiyoshi Black 65-05

:titelist-small: 917 F3 15* VA Drago 75-X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Ventus Black 10-TX

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MB 3-9 PX 6.5, T20 47* PX 6.5

:titelist-small: SM7 54-10S/60-08M PX 6.5/6.0

:titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2