Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

choose 5 clubs for me

Chip Strokes

I would select the golf clubs depending on the length of the 9 holes you'll be playing.  Instead of taking the designated numbers marked on the golf club, think of it this way.  How long would you hit each stick at an average distance and plot out your strategy of managing the golf course by selecting clubs for each of the major category.  Distance off the tee, average approach distance, and around the green.  The 5 clubs with additional putter is actually very generous, we used to play 3 clubs tournament on a shorter golf course.

Oh, very importantly, you'll need a trusty club to get out of trouble.  it could be any golf club in the bag suited for that 9 holes which you'll be playing.  Lots of trees?  rough ? tough bunkers ?  Also think of all the par 3's are birdie chances, so don;t short change the clubs which you'll need on the par 3's. 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, Chip Strokes said:

@Shankster experiment was a success. shot my all time best 9 with a 40. 

got to the course and they threw me a curveball: we’re starting on the back today. so nothing i wrote above came in to play at all. 

started off pushing the 2i right but eventually found my groove 

hit a bunch of good 6 irons and stuffed an 8i to 6 feet on a 188yd par 3. tee box is really elevated, so it plays more like 175. one of my favorite holes on the course. 

best part of today was playing a bunch of short chips with my PW and 8i. i always go for a wedge in those situations, so it was cool playing some different shots. 

It's amazing how sometimes taking clubs out of your bag makes you play golf better.  Congratulations pal!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino